Author
Fan of the Krinkov
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:31:18 AM
[Last Edit: 12/21/2013 6:32:24 AM by cobra-ak]
I mean why not? If they can skew the US Constitution illegally to satisfy their political whims, it should be used as a tactic to completely ignore the ACA when it finally crashes and burns. Or is it the end of our country after this dangerous precedent?
The Eastern diamond rattlesnake was the symbol of the American Revolution. The Gadsden flag is a historic American flag with it's yellow field depicting a rattlesnake coiled and ready to strike and with the words underneath "DON'T TREAD ON ME".
uafgrad
Equipment Exchange Moderator
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:32:11 AM
You're assuming the next POTUS will give a shit
Originally Posted By Striker:
He's gone. I don't have time for internet tough guys anymore.

Alaska HTF. The envy of the Texas HTF and the rest of the lesser states
fosters
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:33:58 AM
If laws are gonna be ignored why have them.... wouldn't that make you a criminal?..after all didn't we hear the dems scream "it's the law of the land now!"
dsteelman
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:36:21 AM
In my dream world , we get a veto proof majority and repeal that shit while Hussein is still in office.

The look on that fuckheads face would be priceless.

Other than that, I would give it a shot if I was the Pres.

Id do a presser, tell everyone I signed an EO negating that horseshit law and dare any motherfucker to stop me. You know kinda like Hussein did.

Suck it bitches

Drop the mike and walk off
Big Easy Snow :If I want you to feel loved, I'm going to feed you and fuck you silly
CPT_CAVEMAN
Mansoor"He who Flies with Bang"bin Siraa
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:51:42 AM
Even if they could, there is no way the .gov is going to give up that much control.
Qweevox-So police are trained to hit residences, with children and family dogs present, like they're storming Fallujah, but if there is a known shooter present....what?
RDak
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:56:09 AM
[Last Edit: 12/21/2013 6:57:20 AM by RDak]
I have NO IDEA..........this is such a CLUSTERFUCK that I suppose anything is possible.

I do honestly believe, which means nothing, that this last move by Obama might make Obamacare ineffective.

I hope it is the death knell of this HORRIBLE law.
Guz
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:57:52 AM
Unplug the muthafuka.
Sylvan
Team Member
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:58:30 AM
Its Obamacare.
Since it is his, he can do whatever he wants to with it.
RDak
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:59:45 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sylvan:

Its Obamacare. anything.

Since it is his anything, he can do whatever he wants to with it.

FIFY
1srelluc
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:48:14 AM
It's not like Obama Care is a amendment to the Constitution.....Of course it can be reversed. Just need the votes and political will to do so.

I see Obama Care as the perfect vehicle to go with the nuclear option on if the GOP gains the Senate and later the WH.

That said if the bugs/costs (more subsidies/insurance company welfare) get worked out before 2017 we will never get shed of it. Four years is a long time for the ACA to get entrenched. Time is not on our side.
"George, I am an old man, and most people hate me. But I don't like them either so that makes it all even." .....Henry F. Potter
jestice75
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:53:09 AM
I didn't think of that. Apparently Congress gave the POTUS all the power when they passed 0bamacare.

Should be an easy win for any GOP candidate, just state you will completely ignore and not enforce 0bamacare. If that doesn't sway 5% of voters, nothing will.

Knowing the GOP, they'll fuck it up and also let the media paint them as responsible for 0bamacare.
POLYTHENEPAM
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:54:36 AM
If the next President is a Republican and he tries to ignore ObamaCare the left will file 10,000 lawsuits to force the administration to comply.

Who will file suit to force the current President to comply with the law?
pale_pony
This used to be a Gentleman's game.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:10:58 AM
[Last Edit: 12/21/2013 8:11:55 AM by pale_pony]
We have officially "stepped through the looking glass".

We'll have to see if the Mad Hatter and the March Hare still keep their heads.

Our founding fathers would have had the NSA breathing down their necks about now.
The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda
POLYTHENEPAM
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:23:45 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By pale_pony:
Our founding fathers would have had the NSA breathing down their necks about now.

Before the first shots were fired the Committees of Correspondence set up what amounted to their own postal system. That was done to prevent the British authorities from intercepting and reading the communications between the committees.
peekay
postCount++;
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:24:16 AM
I don't see Hillary ignoring it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU
RDak
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:25:26 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By peekay:

slanted
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:31:18 AM
Apparently POTUS can ignore any law now, and more and more make laws up through EO and rulemaking that ignores any input.
Flyer5
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:39:01 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By peekay:

Came here to post the same. I feel at times we are doomed.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
- Thomas Jefferson

GOA and NRA life Member
cobra-ak
Fan of the Krinkov
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 2:21:56 PM
"To contend that the obligation imposed on the president to see the laws faithfully executed implies a power to forbid their execution is a novel construction of the Constittution, and is entirely inadmissible" US Supreme Court, 1838
The Eastern diamond rattlesnake was the symbol of the American Revolution. The Gadsden flag is a historic American flag with it's yellow field depicting a rattlesnake coiled and ready to strike and with the words underneath "DON'T TREAD ON ME".
stevem1a
American
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 2:38:01 PM
If the President can ignore a law about health care, why can't he ignore a law about gun control?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality, there is.
junkdog
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 2:47:30 PM

Feral

NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 2:50:10 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

That said if the bugs/costs (more subsidies/insurance company welfare) get worked out before 2017 we will never get shed of it. Four years is a long time for the ACA to get entrenched. Time is not on our side.
Pretty much.

Obamacare is nothing more than a Band-Aid applied to a long broken healthcare system. Band-aids have been applied before and eventually the whole thing will come toppling down because of the weight of the "fixes." When that happens, the American people will suffer for it......and .gov will apply more Band-Aids. Success will be declared and YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH IT. OK?
"For a newb, he ain't bad." --TRG
Sylvan
Team Member
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:07:11 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Feral:
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

Pretty much.

Obamacare is nothing more than a Band-Aid applied to a long broken healthcare system. Band-aids have been applied before and eventually the whole thing will come toppling down because of the weight of the "fixes." When that happens, the American people will suffer for it......and .gov will apply more Band-Aids. Success will be declared and YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH IT. OK?

Stop fucking repeating that god damned lie.

Americans have the best health care in the fucking world.

Everyone who can comes to america for treatment.
best meds, best oncology, best pre natal. every fucking new invention and technique of medicine comes from the US.

That comes at a cost.
gman82001
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:11:03 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By dsteelman:
In my dream world , we get a veto proof majority and repeal that shit while Hussein is still in office.

The look on that fuckheads face would be priceless.

Other than that, I would give it a shot if I was the Pres.

Id do a presser, tell everyone I signed an EO negating that horseshit law and dare any motherfucker to stop me. You know kinda like Hussein did.

Suck it bitches

Drop the mike and walk off

Id like to add my address to your newsletter mailing list please
If he's an Arfcommer, he failed.

Life presents so few of us with opportunities to dish out some street justice. Everyone should treat them as precious. ........... Not_Yet_Begun2Fight
RECONSIX
"Not For Hire"
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:12:42 PM

Hillary will ram that through with the grace of a Killdozer.

Tennessee Squire

Guns have 2 enemies, rust and politicians

Proud member of "Team Ranstad"...The Fantastic Bastards
StretchMaK
crazy ass cracker
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:14:08 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sylvan:
Originally Posted By Feral:
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

Pretty much.

Stop fucking repeating that god damned lie.

Americans have the best health care in the fucking world.

Everyone who can comes to america for treatment.
best meds, best oncology, best pre natal. every fucking new invention and technique of medicine comes from the US.

That comes at a cost.

This, our system was fine until the gov fucked it up like they do everything.
I WILL NOT COMPLY
CarbineDad
Rust Never Sleeps
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:15:08 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By uafgrad:
You're assuming the next POTUS will give a shit

He is assuming there will be a NEXT POTUS.

PFLOTUS wouldn't
Remember, never take no cutoffs and hurry along as fast as you can. - Virginia Reed

Laphroaig and Rocky Patels "The ARFCOM booze fairy drops it off. Picture Ron Jeremy in a tutu. " -- capnrob97
Kubota3430
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:16:34 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:
If the next President is a Republican and he tries to ignore ObamaCare the left will file 10,000 lawsuits to force the administration to comply.

Who will file suit to force the current President to comply with the law?

I have not figured this out yet. Maybe I am too dumb to figure it out.

As I understand HHS and POTUS cannot "change laws" they may be able to "clarify" laws but changing dates, of implementation, coverage etc. is a change to the law Congress needs to do that.

Mosspointers
Horsepower
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:17:45 PM
I'm hoping they ignore filling up the EBT cards myself.
Feral

NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:17:50 PM
[Last Edit: 12/21/2013 3:50:12 PM by Feral]
Nvm
"For a newb, he ain't bad." --TRG
mousehunter
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:28:00 PM
It's not just the President. The senate is also complicent. Without both houses, the presidency is all but a monarchy