Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like Toby Keith, hes a great artist and an avid supporter of America and our military. Hell this year he finished his 11th USO tour this year.. Hes been to both Iraq and Afghanistan a few times to perform for troops, if the guy wants to open a bar and request you don't bring in your conceal weapons, I would respect his request. The last thing you can call this guy is anti-american

View Quote

Don't be a chicken shit.  The guy is a libtard gun grabbing pole smoker.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's an Obama fan, why so surprised?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like Toby Keith, hes a great artist and an avid supporter of America and our military. Hell this year he finished his 11th USO tour this year.. Hes been to both Iraq and Afghanistan a few times to perform for troops, if the guy wants to open a bar and request you don't bring in your conceal weapons, I would respect his request. The last thing you can call this guy is anti-american

You've never eaten at the restaurant and you can't recall a single song of his by memory.. and since you can't prove any of the above, all the better. Right?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to Toby's restaurant site...left a message saying I could not spend my hard earned $$$ there with the current  policy...heres the letter I got...

Hi Capt. Beach,

While we understand and respect every person's right to own and bear arms, we at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill strive to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our patrons. In an effort to do so, we employ an unarmed and experienced security detail for our late night business. While there is not doubt that you are a responsible gun owner, there are those who are not so responsible, especially when alcohol is involved. The irresponsibility of others has led to our creation of a no guns policy. As much as we would like to say that every person with a CCW is an experienced and capable gun owner, we cannot say or ensure that. Please understand that our policy is not intended to keep you from being a patron of our business or as a protest against your right to bear arms, but rather is meant to keep everyone safe and make it so that you will not need to use your firearm in our place of business.

Also lending to this policy, are stipulations by our insurance company which do not permit us to have coverage while permitting firearms in our place of business. For these reasons, the policy was instituted.

We hope that you understand that this is not a policy aimed to infringe upon your constitutional protections, but rather to keep everyone safe from the few who do not understand how truly dangerous a firearm can be.

Warm Regards,

Tawnya | Corporate Guest Relations and Training Manager

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck Toby Keith with a cactus.
View Quote

Something tells me he pays good money for that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The guys always been a prick and a phony.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went to Toby's restaurant site...left a message saying I could not spend my hard earned $$$ there with the current  policy...heres the letter I got...

Hi Capt. Beach,

While we understand and respect every person's right to own and bear arms, we at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill strive to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our patrons. In an effort to do so, we employ an unarmed and experienced security detail for our late night business. While there is not doubt that you are a responsible gun owner, there are those who are not so responsible, especially when alcohol is involved. The irresponsibility of others has led to our creation of a no guns policy. As much as we would like to say that every person with a CCW is an experienced and capable gun owner, we cannot say or ensure that. Please understand that our policy is not intended to keep you from being a patron of our business or as a protest against your right to bear arms, but rather is meant to keep everyone safe and make it so that you will not need to use your firearm in our place of business.

Also lending to this policy, are stipulations by our insurance company which do not permit us to have coverage while permitting firearms in our place of business. For these reasons, the policy was instituted.

We hope that you understand that this is not a policy aimed to infringe upon your constitutional protections, but rather to keep everyone safe from the few who do not understand how truly dangerous a firearm can be.

Warm Regards,

View Quote

All the other restaurants that have pro-gun or no stated policy must have a tough time getting insurance.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
About 6 months I traded Toby Keith tickets for a XD40........not sure what this has to do with anything
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't you mean "FUTK"?  

*Bonus points to those who recall where that was seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TK walk into a wall of dicks.

Don't you mean "FUTK"?  

Natalie Mains' t-shirt
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Well Toby Keith is a democrat, so i am not surprised by the hypocrisy
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
About 6 months I traded Toby Keith tickets for a XD40........not sure what this has to do with anything
View Quote

Good trade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure if someone had already posted this, but I hope he chokes on a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like they opened tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottTobyKeith
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

All the other restaurants that have pro-gun or no stated policy must have a tough time getting insurance.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Capt. Beach,

Warm Regards,

Yup, fucking lying bitch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Me too...I remember when Dale Blvd ended at trees, and the airport was still operational on Old Bridge Rd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember when Woodbidge was country, it ain't no more.

He'll do just fine without us

Me too...I remember when Dale Blvd ended at trees, and the airport was still operational on Old Bridge Rd.

I grew up right near the airport. Used to ride my bike on the runway all the time. After the crash in summer '85, I knew that was it and the airport's days were numbered.

That area has changed so much, it's pretty sad really.

Oh, and FTK.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Capt. Beach,

Warm Regards,

I got the same email.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Some douche bag on the restaurants FB page is telling everyone how drinking and carrying don't mix! Lol
Says they don't want no Wild West shoot outs, from drunk ccw's.
Like that's what a ccw is going to be doing while they carry. Lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Capt. Beach,

Warm Regards,

I got the same form letter drivel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Some douche bag on the restaurants FB page is telling everyone how drinking and carrying don't mix! Lol
View Quote

He's been getting hammered.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I got the same email.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Capt. Beach,

Warm Regards,

I got the same email.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Just another reason not to go to Woodbridge.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He's long claimed to be a Democrat.  Now I guess he's a gun-hating liberal Democrat.  Imagine that.  Fuck him.
View Quote

Jesus Christ, I NEVER knew this.

FUCK HIM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's my reply to their form letter, not that it'll do any good.

I thank you for your prompt reply and encourage you to emulate the courage and patriotic dedication Toby Keith extols in his songs.  There are more important things in life and in business than just limiting risk.  Doing the right thing is one of them, and right now you aren't doing the right thing from  a customer safety perspective or for civil rights.  Please consider that your customers are actually much safer where guns are allowed than they are where a bad guy has a pool of guaranteed unarmed victims.  I'm sorry to say I can't do business with you in good conscience until you change a policy to one that respects individual safety and  freedom.  

Hoping you change your mind,
HRomberg
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a common piece of horseshit to feed to irate customers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask him to post such cases of ccw holders getting drunk and shooting people in a bar
Then post the amount of cases of bars and restaurants getting robbed.

Also let him know that most states already have laws stating you can't drink while in possession of a weapon.
Since those people seem to like laws so much.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I grew up in Springfield in the '60s-'70s. Woodbridge was a
shithole back then!! I guess it's fitting that shitbird TK opens
a shitty eatery/ bar in a shitty town!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Why is he opening bars when he can be milking the shit out the American flag?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I liked Toby back when he was in a pissing contest with the Dixie Chicks for dissing President Bush....................................then he turned into one!

Fuck him, he can eat shit and die now for all I care.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well he opened it in a Dem county so I guess we should not be surprised.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am not familiar with the laws in VA, so I would NOT suggest ignoring the sign.  If it is a mere suggestion, then I wouldn't eat there.  If it is actually illegal to carry in an establishment that has a sign posted, then I wouldn't eat there.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's long claimed to be a Democrat.  Now I guess he's a gun-hating liberal Democrat.  Imagine that.  Fuck him.

It probably has more to do with lawyers, insurance and liability than his political beliefs.

Ignore the sign?

I am not familiar with the laws in VA, so I would NOT suggest ignoring the sign.  If it is a mere suggestion, then I wouldn't eat there.  If it is actually illegal to carry in an establishment that has a sign posted, then I wouldn't eat there.  

All they can do if they discover you are carrying is ask you to leave. If you refuse, it becomes a trespass charge. No gun charge at all.

It is legal to concealed carry in a restaurant (Va does not have any "bars") as long as you dont drink. It is legal to open carry in a restaurant and drink but not become intoxicated.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Well so much for all the shit talking "his business his rules" libertarianism on here. Guess that only works one way. Not surprising

Gr
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is this PR supposed to make me like the guy? He held a gun...yay. Others have posted that he's a big Obama supporter and a Democrat, he wouldn't be the first one that visited troops.
View All Quotes

Yep, Jane Fonda visited the troops too!

Oops, wrong troops.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well so much for all the shit talking "his business his rules" libertarianism on here. Guess that only works one way. Not surprising
Gr
View Quote

No issue with that but that does not mean I will go there. Drama much?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:25:35 AM EDT
[#36]
His restaurant, his rules. Fuck it though, if I still lived in NOVA I wouldn't go there. He'll get plenty of business from the trash that comes to shop at Potomac Mills though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

hmm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia, you're allowed to carry in bars. Crimes occur in bars. Bars get robbed. Mass shootings have occurred in restaurants. I prefer to take the risks that go along with freedom, rather than hand holding from "window dressing" security policies. JMHO.

hmm.

Prohibited Conduct and Where Unlawful to Carry - Section 18.2-308.012

Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Conviction of any of the following offenses shall be prima facie evidence, subject to rebuttal, that the person is "under the influence" for purposes of this section: manslaughter in violation of Section 18.2-36.1, maiming in violation of Section 18.2-51.4, driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 18.2-266, public intoxication in violation of Section 18.2-388, or driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 46.2-341.24.

No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.

Section 18.2-308.01: Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm#WhereUnlawfultoCarry

Dude, Toby, dont quote VA law to us. Many of us are very active in Virginia gun politics.

We dont want to go to your bar, Toby. Give it a rest and go sing something decent instead of hanging out on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck Toby Keith with a cactus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#39]
You have a hard time getting a gun through the door, smallest one I know of is a 5 inch.  Well, that's what he said no guns.  I figure pistols and revolvers are fine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do the bars near you allow normally weapons inside?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this PR supposed to make me like the guy? He held a gun...yay. Others have posted that he's a big Obama supporter and a Democrat, he wouldn't be the first one that visited troops.

Have you been in one of the locations on a Friday or Saturday evening?

No. I had never heard of the restaurant prior to it coming here, and it hasn't opened yet.

Do the bars near you allow normally weapons inside?

Quoted:

unpleasant, are you the one making a ruckus on the fb page?  

Who here is talking about drinking AND carrying a concealed handgun in the restaurant that serves alcohol?  Maybe you can't trust yourself with a firearm while being able to order an alcoholic drink at a restaurant.  But please don't' project that notion on us responsible people who are able pick and choose what impulses to follow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I will stop buying and listening to his music as he is a freaking hypocrite.... Don't sing about America and act like commieland... damn I have to go on facebook
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The guys always been a prick and a phony.
View Quote

Yep. He is an ACTOR. He conveys the persona of an America-Loving good guy, however, we know what he really thinks about our freedoms.

Hats off to him for his service to the USO. However, that does not give the Obama Loving Fucktard a pass on curtailing our freedoms.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
this is what i posted on their FB page:

I heard about your "No guns permitted" sign. Will you also be forbidding other rights guaranteed by the constitution? perhaps pray before the meal? what about free speech in general?
View Quote

Our constitution prohibits government infringement.  Property owners should be allowed to operate their establishments in a manner of their choosing ... however misguided they may be.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Our constitution prohibits government infringement.  Property owners should be allowed to operate their establishments in a manner of their choosing ... however misguided they may be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this is what i posted on their FB page:

I heard about your "No guns permitted" sign. Will you also be forbidding other rights guaranteed by the constitution? perhaps pray before the meal? what about free speech in general?

Quite true, and there are places where they ask their customers to dress nicely and speak quietly as well.  Not to mention not cursing.  If you don't want to deal with it you go somewhere else.  

This thread is mostly about us letting them know we'll be going elsewhere.  

And no.  If you're carrying you shouldn't be drinking.  Thats probably part of why they don't want folks carrying.  We WOULDN'T be drinking so we wouldn't be giving them as much money.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't you mean "FUTK"?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TK walk into a wall of dicks.

Don't you mean "FUTK"?  

I'm a little late to this party, but yeah, that's an easy one.  

A real shame about the whole thing.  Liked their music.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

unpleasant, are you the one making a ruckus on the fb page?  

Who here is talking about drinking AND carrying a concealed handgun in the restaurant that serves alcohol?  Maybe you can't trust yourself with a firearm while being able to order an alcoholic drink at a restaurant.  But please don't' project that notion on us responsible people who are able pick and choose what impulses to follow.
View Quote

No.

And drinking in public with a weapon is an unnecessary liability.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

He's an Obama fan, why so surprised?  
View Quote

Yeah , my GAFF (give-a-fuck factor) is pretty much nonexistent in anything to do with that douche

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hi Capt. Beach,

Warm Regards,

View Quote

Typical dem party liberal doubletalk. Declare the Second Amendment a Constitutional "protection" instead of an individual fundamental right, then deny that right claiming unarmed minimum wage bouncers is equivalent.

As bad as "ban blow jobs birth control, prosecute homos, same as demtards" phony internet libertarian doubletalk drivel that helped the kenyan, Mcauliffe and possibly Herring. Good luck with the recount Va.

No doubt Tawnya would be welcomed with open arms to the dogshit r3VOLution liberation bandwagon if she kept her internet spam to "anyone but the Tea party NRA endorsed Republicans, same as demtards, never support or vote R again!"

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Typical dem party liberal doubletalk. Declare the Second Amendment a Constitutional "protection" instead of an individual fundamental right, then deny that right claiming unarmed minimum wage bouncers is equivalent.
View Quote

It's their property, their rules, don't eat there. Tell all your friends.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Insurance my ass.

What a fucking lie.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top