Site Notices
9/18/2014 11:03:27 AM
Author
Posted: 12/12/2013 8:47:22 PM
I am just starting to get more involved in the shooting sports and I am interested in getting my own FFL. I am just wondering at what point it would be profitable. Would you say it is worth it for purchasing your own firearms? I have heard good things about ffl123.com. Is it worth it?. Any input would be appreciative. Thanks!!
blmff
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 8:49:28 PM
Not an ffl here but frim what i understand you HAVE i make money at it You cannot have it just for your collection
Danj
terminally stupid
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 8:54:18 PM
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 8:54:39 PM by Danj]
Forget about it being illegal I don't think it would pay to get an FFL just to enhance your personal collection.
rod727
corruptisima re publica plurimae leges
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 8:58:13 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Danj:
Forget about it being illegal I don't think it would pay to get an FFL just to enhance your personal collection.

find someone to do transfers at a fair price and spend your time with your collection instead of paperwork
“No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.”
General George S, Patton
dreadpiratejeff
International Man of Banality
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:13:20 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By rod727:
Originally Posted By Danj:

find someone to do transfers at a fair price and spend your time with your collection instead of paperwork

This… a decent transfer shouldn't cost you more than $20 or so per transfer… a LOT cheaper than the time and effort you'll expend on an FFL. Unless you absolutely plan on becoming a business…

That said, look into an FFL03 (C&R License). That's well worth the small amount of time and money to get, if you like milsurp and historical pieces.
Cpt_Kirks
I 3D print my tin foil hats
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:19:27 PM
How about the "benefit" of having the ATF up your ASS all the time?

I looked into it a few years ago (even got a business license) but decided I didn't need the man in my life that much.

I think we should all refer to him as "the crazy black killer with a Joe Biden gun" - DK-Prof

There is no such thing as too much ammo......unless you are on fire or are trying to swim. - DragoM
serbu50
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:26:49 PM
ON another note. I have 3 friends with FFL's out of their homes. They all show legit business by appointment only. Friends and friend of friends only. Do they make money? not much if any. However, 1 went on to become an SOT07 out of it. I think to get an FFL, I would intend on a career change for the hassle though.... which I am not.
peekay
postCount++;
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:28:03 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By blmff:
Not an ffl here but frim what i understand you HAVE i make money at it You cannot have it just for your collection

You have to be "in the business", but you don't have to make money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU
ramms123
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/14/2013 2:38:54 AM
All good info guys thanks. The more I look into it the more I seem to lean away from it although in my mind it would be cool to work in the "firearms" industry
glocke12
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/14/2013 3:20:35 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ramms123:
I am just starting to get more involved in the shooting sports and I am interested in getting my own FFL. I am just wondering at what point it would be profitable. Would you say it is worth it for purchasing your own firearms? I have heard good things about ffl123.com. Is it worth it?. Any input would be appreciative. Thanks!!

Personal purchases only? Illegal. not worth inviting the feds into your life..

wwace
"Raincheck"
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/14/2013 3:47:07 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ramms123:
illegal, forget it chief
Cranberry King