Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2013 8:13:56 AM EDT
Where is the blower motor located and how do you replace it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you're talking about the HVAC blower motor?

I have the next generation older Pontiac and mine is located underneath the dash on the passenger side.  Hang on, I'll try to find a schematic.

It isn't that hard to get to either.  Are you 100% sure it's the motor itself and not an electrical issue?  

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea the motor is making rattling noises and dragging.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea the motor is making rattling noises and dragging.
View Quote

Okay.  From what I'm seeing online, the process should be similar for your '05 to my '98 (though I don't remember having to get through this much crap to get to it).

Check out this thread.

It has pictures and everything.  I'm a visual person, so pictures always make me happy.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks brother, you are the man!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks brother, you are the man!
View Quote

No problem.

Mine quit working a while back.  Pulled it out, checked all the electrical connections and they were fine.  ran a wire straight from the battery to the blower and it spun up just fine.  

Plugged it back in and it started working, so I bolted it back up and went on with life.  Not sure if it had just gotten frozen and needed a jump start of if I'm Pontiac Jesus, but either way I'm not complaining.  

Good luck on your repair.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I have some practical experience here.  Same car years ago.  Ready to head to the beach one summer, and fan craps out.  I pull the fan and cover the hole with cardboard and tape seal.   Get up to speed and the vehicle's draft alone provided adequate air conditioning air flow.  

Of course when you're stopped, there's nothing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have some practical experience here.  Same car years ago.  Ready to head to the beach one summer, and fan craps out.  I pull the fan and cover the hole with cardboard and tape seal.   Get up to speed and the vehicle's draft alone provided adequate air conditioning air flow.  

View Quote

If OP wasn't in South Dakota and it wasn't December, that might be useful.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Agreed, it's been close to -20 the last few mornings.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think it would draft with the heater?  Better than nothing.  

But yea, South Dakota is freaking cold . . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top