Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/1/2013 3:49:01 PM EDT
So here is the deal. My girlfriend and I have a roommate who doesn't help clean the house, do her dishes or really socialize with us. She hasn't paid rent on time for November and she had to get help from her parents to cover October. The reason she moved in was due to my gf wanting a roommate who she could "crack out of her shell" but this girl is pretty messed up. Loud noises she freaks. Drop a pot while in the kitchen and she freaks. To me she is a charity case and I don't have time for that. She works with abuse victims and definitely has that "troubled" vibe as well from being abused too. She has been moved in for over two months but her stuff isn't unpacked and it is just a mess. She is 19 to top that off and has never lived anywhere aside from her parents.

I don't expect her to clean up after me necessarily, but she doesn't clean up after herself really either. Her room is a jumbled mess, and despite not being her parent, I want to tell her to clean it up. I wanted someone more mature for my house than what I got. I have only kicked one roommate out, but that was for trying to punch me in the back of my head, so I have no practice doing it nicely but firmly. She will be behind on December rent as well, due to working only 12 hours a week at a paying job. Her volunteering with abused people doesn't pay.

Plus she hogs my dog and he doesn't come to me unless I give him food now. When I am downstairs she is a shut in. If I am upstairs or away, she comes out and cooks, watches TV, but doesn't clean at all. Just tired of it as I work 5 days a week and my gf works two jobs and goes to school.

Any advice on how to kick someone out firmly but not push them over the edge where they may break your stuff or hurt themselves? She is incredibly fragile.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So here is the deal. My girlfriend and I have a roommate who doesn't help clean the house, do her dishes or really socialize with us. She hasn't paid rent on time for November and she had to get help from her parents to cover October. The reason she moved in was due to my gf wanting a roommate who she could "crack out of her shell" but this girl is pretty messed up. Loud noises she freaks. Drop a pot while in the kitchen and she freaks. To me she is a charity case and I don't have time for that. She works with abuse victims and definitely has that "troubled" vibe as well from being abused too. She has been moved in for over two months but her stuff isn't unpacked and it is just a mess. She is 19 to top that off and has never lived anywhere aside from her parents.

I don't expect her to clean up after me necessarily, but she doesn't clean up after herself really either. Her room is a jumbled mess, and despite not being her parent, I want to tell her to clean it up. I wanted someone more mature for my house than what I got. I have only kicked one roommate out, but that was for trying to punch me in the back of my head, so I have no practice doing it nicely but firmly. She will be behind on December rent as well, due to working only 12 hours a week at a paying job. Her volunteering with abused people doesn't pay.

Plus she hogs my dog and he doesn't come to me unless I give him food now. When I am downstairs she is a shut in. If I am upstairs or away, she comes out and cooks, watches TV, but doesn't clean at all. Just tired of it as I work 5 days a week and my gf works two jobs and goes to school.

Any advice on how to kick someone out firmly but not push them over the edge where they may break your stuff or hurt themselves? She is incredibly fragile.
View Quote

GTFO. Sorry, I know no other language.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Boot to ass.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
How about asking her to leave?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
falcon punch her in the cunt
video
profit
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Rules, we have them

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I lived with three girls in college...

They are 10 times trashier than guys and they learn to menstruate together.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If she is not on the lease, talk to her.   Serve her papers if she balks.   I would make her life miserable by doing strange stuff.    Have a huge party.   Play loud music.  Have fun with it.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
F5 F5 F5
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Use George Costanza's idea. Suggest a threesome. Either way, you will win.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
If HER room is a jumbled mess then it is none of your business, should not factor into the decision.

Where the money comes from to cover the rent also isn't any of your business.

She hogs your dog?  Really?

Does she have a lease?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Sneak in wearing a mask and...

Er, no.

Man up, tell her you don't tolerate Obama voters and kick her out .
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Put on the roomates underwear and surprise your "girlfriend" with some lesbian sex.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Threesome, ask to leave, done
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Depends on what your laws are, locally.

Here, it's a 3 day pay or quit notice, and those don't do shit. So then it's a 30/60 day GTFO notice. Then it's small claims court time. Then it's getting the Deputy out there to forcibly evict. Those are always fun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Revoke bathroom privileges.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
The best and easiest way to get rid of a roommate is never to have one, especially one that is an SO's pet project.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Come on, bro, no one likes having their dog burgled.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

due to my gf wanting a roommate who she could "crack out of her shell"
View Quote

I'd have a talk with your girlfriend about that. If she's the type that needs to keep 'saving' or 'fixing' someone, you will continue to have this type of problem.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
just tell her it's not going to work and she needs to find a new place to live and give her a date she needs to be out by. Also, if you don't need the extra help for rent tell your GF not to find another charity case to help out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I lived with three girls in college... and they learn to menstruate together.
View Quote

How do they do that,do they somehow stop themselves from bleeding until the other girls catch up,then let it flow ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Flying elbow usually gets the point across.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If HER room is a jumbled mess then it is none of your business, should not factor into the decision.

Does she have a lease?
View Quote

She sounds like the perfect roommate to me, who cares about her room, where the money for rent comes from.
It does suck that she is late on the rent, but if she pays who cares. She never around when your there, sounds
good to me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Depends on what your laws are, locally.

Here, it's a 3 day pay or quit notice, and those don't do shit. So then it's a 30/60 day GTFO notice. Then it's small claims court time. Then it's getting the Deputy out there to forcibly evict. Those are always fun.
View Quote

Been through that BS.  The tenants have more rights than the homeowner.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Have her set-up an account and post in this thread. We will let her down easy. I promise.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds pretty typical for a 19 year old who has never lived outside of the home
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How do they do that,do they somehow stop themselves from bleeding until the other girls catch up,then let it flow ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, I'm being facetious.

They all act like bitches.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please tell me... never mind. I'm guessing you're still a virgin?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Flying elbow usually gets the point across.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, you're saying the OP should menstruate with her?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women living together will tend to synchronize their periods naturally. It is known.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't "learn" it.  It happens without any effort on their part.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd  be  AMAZED !
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Ain't readin

Shit on their pillow
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ask her politely to leave and then follow the eviction procedures. Mess with this girl and you could end up losing your guns and getting thrown out of your own place with an Order of Protection.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She works with abuse victims
ask her politely to leave and then follow the eviction procedures. Mess with this girl and you could end up losing your guns and getting thrown out of your own place with an Order of Protection.  

I think this is the advice to follow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Threesome, ask to leave, done
View Quote

excellent first post. i concur.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahah! Sorry, no can do...

The reason I care about the cleanliness of the room is due to her having a lizard and crickets. The crickets escape and get into the rest of the house. Also, who knows what is leaking, sitting or spilled on the floor. It is slobbish. I had the same issue with a coworker who roomed with me. I went in to document the condition of the room (damage deposit not being returned is a good reason to keep your room clean and as the main tenant...I would not get it back!). I stepped on an empty water bottle, it rolled out from under me and I almost ended up breaking my teeth on a metal filing cabinet.

There was no lease agreement. Just "here is a room, this is what rent is etc." Nothing formal or signed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Does she have a lease?
View Quote

All of this.

And, have you considered bringing these issues up wit her? Maybe I missed it but readings for fags so whatever
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Women living together will tend to synchronize their periods naturally. It is known.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I get the feeling she is part of the FSA,you probably dont want to fuck around with her and have her get a restraining order against you or some other BS/call the cops because the scary mean guy i live with has an arsenal.

you also need to have a heart to heart with the GF about this need to fix people,this obsession is going to come back and bite you in the ass again in the future
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#46]
You guys are really slacking here...  Pics of roommate and GF!
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Tell her (you and your girl) that you and your girlfriend are planning on moving elsewhere, and want it to be just the two of you. It's getting serious. Have her agree to a plan of action, say everyone has their own place in two months time, etc., and then move on with it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#48]
ask her if she likes to get fucked in the ass after eating corn on the cob.

If so, I will pm you my address for her.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I think you are missing a perfect oppurtunity to shape this young girl into the perfect roommate.
If you do it right threesomes could be more than just a fantasy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Complete steps one and two.

Then have her complete step three: open the box.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top