Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 11/24/2013 8:00:35 PM EDT

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/secrecy-shrouds-sandy-hook-shooting-investigation/2013/11/24/29085a5e-5531-11e3-bdbf-097ab2a3dc2b_story.html
A prosecutor is planning to release a report Monday on the investigation into the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, but the public will have to wait longer for the state police’s full accounting of the crime.

The decision to continue withholding the bulk of the evidence is stirring new criticism of the secrecy that has surrounded the probe since a gunman killed 20 children and six educators inside the school on Dec. 14.
View Quote

Post with link to Audio

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They're hiding something.

Likely their own ineptitude.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll get in on this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
BUT Y DO U WANT 2 SEE DED CHILDRENS U T4OOFER?!?!?!!!!1
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
In. This will not end well
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
There is always an ulterior motive.
The press places no value on accuracy, only sensationalism.

-Lee
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
They will report that Adam Lanza was an alien nephalim!

Que the "it's aliens" guy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Announcements will coincide with the next gun control push. Ducks are being alined
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Delay facts from getting out as long as possible. Once they get out it will no longer be a shining star for gun control..

What comes out will be that once again police stood by while kids were being murdered. That it didn't mater if he had an assult weapon. He had time to do as be pleased.

This info is already out but not widely known to the public.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm betting most the kids were killed with a shogun...
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I am selling my silver and buying tin foil!
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Delay facts from getting out as long as possible. Once they get out it will no longer be a shining star for gun control..

What comes out will be that once again police stood by while kids were being murdered. That it didn't mater if he had an assult weapon. He had time to do as be pleased.

This info is already out but not widely known to the public.
View Quote

This would be my guess as well.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish they'd just release all of the info, aside from pics of the victims. Won't hold my breath for it though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Well if there is something that needs to be further investigated, kinda of late now. The destruction of the school still as the investigation was on going seemed odd. raze a crime seen to the ground while the investigation is ongoing. I am not going to speculate what is being possibly hidden but this case seems off, at least the way it has been handled from day one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Made it in on one for the ensuing CF
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm betting most the kids were killed with a shogun...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1511472.1383971383!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/newtown9n-6-web.jpg

Well if there is something that needs to be further investigated, kinda of late now. The destruction of the school still as the investigation was on going seemed odd. raze a crime seen to the ground while the investigation is ongoing. I am not going to speculate what is being possibly hidden but this case seems off, at least the way it has been handled from day one.
View Quote

so, just like Waco and OKC.... waste no time destroying the scene for < insert suspicious reasons here>
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Sadly, it could have gone down exactly as they say it did and people would still question it.  Rightfully so considering the apparent contempt by the powers that be for the citizens of this country.   NSA, Fast&Furious, IRS targeting of political groups, Obamacare, ACORN, etc.   It's not difficult to see how average Joe taxpayer might feel their well being is not given much consideration nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm sure all the reasons listed here are probably why this is being kept under wraps.

- Slow to react / less than ideal LEO response
- Doesn't fit the political narrative right now.  Gun Control was defeated a few months back.  Perhaps their saving the report for release the next time someone goes on a school shooting spree to "fan the flames" as it were.
- Or the other way around, and any of the previously or current proposed gun control would not have stopped this.

Any way you slice it, it's bad. So much for transparency.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Announcements will coincide with the next gun control push. Ducks are being alined
View Quote

Yes... except the Post is normally part of that media manipulation.

Not saying you are wrong, but WaPo putting up a story that doesn't help the cause is something of a head scratcher.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS is a scary thought....
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#27]
It makes zero sense for this to be so secretive. This isn't something with national security implications. Hell, it's not even a federal case.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you even tinfoil bro?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm sure all the reasons listed here are probably why this is being kept under wraps.

- Slow to react / less than ideal LEO response
- Doesn't fit the political narrative right now.  Gun Control was defeated a few months back.  Perhaps their saving the report for release the next time someone goes on a school shooting spree to "fan the flames" as it were.
- Or the other way around, and any of the previously or current proposed gun control would not have stopped this.

Any way you slice it, it's bad. So much for transparency.
View Quote

4.  obama false flag op that left to many clues.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#30]
My non dramatic conspiracy theory is that a would be victim killed the gunman mid/post massacre, or a LEO killed him post massacre.  It would be a messy story to try and spin if this was the case.  Or the authorities are just covering for the cowardice/ineptitude of the first responding LEO's which allowed the crazy guy to keep killing unchecked.

These make sense, false flag op does not.  It's crazy talk like the nanothermite nonsense.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#31]
They've been busily trying to figure out what it should say.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I was surprised to see this coming from some mainstream sources lately.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#33]
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They will report that Adam Lanza was an alien nephalim!

Que the "it's aliens" guy.
View Quote

Im not saying it was aliens...
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im going to go with this.  If there is any "conspiracy" its that they want details and pictures of dead children to come out when they are trying to gain support for major federal gun control.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Probably a LEO/ administration fuckup they don't want known.  From the pictures I've seen there doesn't appear to be a single hole in the door frame.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
BUT Y DO U WANT 2 SEE DED CHILDRENS U T4OOFER?!?!?!!!!1
View Quote

Got to be quick to be in before sandy hook dead childrens
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Everything about this has stunk from day one.  The more it drags on the smellier it gets.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#39]
My tinfoil is soooo tight
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They're hiding something.

Likely their own ineptitude.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#41]
In on one?

Edit: Yes I am.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#42]
It takes time to write a good script.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Probably a LEO/ administration fuckup they don't want known.  From the pictures I've seen there doesn't appear to be a single hole in the door frame.
View Quote

That part of the story always struck me as odd, too. He "shot his way in" sounds a hell of a lot better than "he was buzzed in by an employee who recognized him as a teachers son" when there are over 20 victims, most of them kids. That modest detail builds a shit ton of liability on the schools behalf. And how do you "shoot your way in" anyway? Shoot the lock so the door magically pops open? I know it sounds Rambo for the news and looks great in a movie, but is that realistic? What range was he at? You shoot a metal door/lock with .223 and you're going to frag the hell out of yourself. I also remember "shooting his way in" being one of the first things reported that morning, which brings me to my next WTF point. When you see a potential PR nightmare brewing your first reaction is to get out in front and deflect it. Kinda like "a crude and disgusting youtube video".
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It takes time to write a good script.

View Quote

I'd like to see even a simple timeline, like:

Time bad guy enters school.

Time shooting starts.

Time cops arrive on the scene.

Time shooting stops.  

Apparently, that's too much to ask.

I remember the Columbine debacle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I grew up with street sense, anything that looks odd, usually is odd.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was a glass window next to the door.

Quoted:

That part of the story always struck me as odd, too. He "shot his way in" sounds a hell of a lot better than "he was buzzed in by an employee who recognized him as a teachers son" when there are over 20 victims, most of them kids. That modest detail builds a shit ton of liability on the schools behalf. And how do you "shoot your way in" anyway? Shoot the lock so the door magically pops open? I know it sounds Rambo for the news and looks great in a movie, but is that realistic? What range was he at? You shoot a metal door/lock with .223 and you're going to frag the hell out of yourself. I also remember "shooting his way in" being one of the first things reported that morning, which brings me to my next WTF point. When you see a potential PR nightmare brewing your first reaction is to get out in front and deflect it. Kinda like "a crude and disgusting youtube video".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that would make sense, wouldn't it.

Both elementary schools I went to had that wire mesh inside the glass. Shoot it all you want, there's no getting through.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It makes zero sense for this to be so secretive. This isn't something with national security implications. Hell, it's not even a federal case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think it might have something to do with an embarrassing lack of a decisive and fast LE response - OR- a possible MAJOR security procedure screw- up at the school that would put the county/district in a very bad legal situation to get sued into oblivion... but I don't know crap, just guessing.

What they have released is a no brainier...detailed "arsenal of Lanzas weapons"...they had to get that narrative out in the media ASAP.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/24/secrecy-shrouds-sandy-hook-massacre-probe/?intcmp=latestnews

So far, investigators have released little more than search warrants, which detailed an arsenal of weapons found inside the Lanza home. The information that authorities have not revealed includes the timeline of the police response to the shooting, any mental health records for Lanza and whether investigators found any clues to a possible motive for the rampage.

EDIT: shit, one post a little late on this one...sorry for the kinda - dupe
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His mom wasn't a teacher.  And the door was glass.  It's an elementary school, not a prison.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't they always mention that Lanza's hard drives were "smashed"?

What difference does that make? They can retrieve everything from a "smashed" drive. And I'm sure they did.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top