Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered some reinforced packing tape. I went to 3 stores in town today, and nobody had any.
Including the UPS Store, and the Fucking US Post office!
Unfucking Believable!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Real job"...where you surf Arfcom instead of actually working?  Good one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buttplug link

Shit...clicked...at work...

Actually, it isn't funny for some companies. Some of us have real jobs.

^ This.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]

I have a real job too...all websites are blocked except company and benefits related.  If I have downtime I surf arfcom on my phone, no IT dept to babysit my online activities.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
just added one of these to my safe:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4EQVPG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its a stick on/magnetic motion activated LED light with ambient light sensor. i have a rope light in my safe but wanted a bit more light. i stuck this on the roof so now when i open the door the sensor turns on the light and turns if off after 15 secs of no movement. it works great and it bright enough to do the job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buttplug link

Shit...clicked...at work...

Actually, it isn't funny for some companies. Some of us have real jobs.

I spend lots of time in a truck and I make the new guys drive. What else am I supposed to do?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
OST

Probably signing up to prime acct within next few weeks
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4EQVPG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its a stick on/magnetic motion activated LED light with ambient light sensor. i have a rope light in my safe but wanted a bit more light. i stuck this on the roof so now when i open the door the sensor turns on the light and turns if off after 15 secs of no movement. it works great and it bright enough to do the job.
View Quote
This looks like a good middle of the night toilet light.  thks.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Smaller LED pucks with motion sensor.  I use in pantries under shelves.

LED Motion Lights
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
this thread is altering the Customers also viewed suggestions
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]

i like mine but want the Cryo 2 that is a bit bigger
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I came across this fun little stereo amp.  I needed an amp for better/louder sound in my bathroom for talk radio/podcast.  Here's that thread.  Thread

I've only had the amp for a day, but the sound is great.  It pushes a decent amount of power for it's small size.  I'm running a Definitive Technologies ProCenter MKII center channel speaker, but I might get a pair of bookshelf speakers in the future.  

This would be a great item if you have a couple bookshelf speakers laying around and need a small stereo for your kitchen, bathroom, garage, game room, etc.  The amp has RCA and 1/8" inputs so you can hook it up to a smartphone, ipod, bluetooth receiver, etc.  Really can't beat it for $20 bucks and based on the reviews on amazon, it's a pretty popular little unit.

Amplifier

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's not prime, but they have a BlueForce Gear BeltMinus for $33 with enhanced straps. MSRP is $160.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Force-Gear-BELTminus-Shoulder/dp/B00LSXUV1Q

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61d51rFjyZL._SY355_.jpg

I did order one. It's the real thing.
View Quote

They cancelled my order, I figured it was too good to be true.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well I came across this fun little stereo amp.  I needed an amp for better/louder sound in my bathroom for talk radio/podcast.  Here's that thread.  Thread

I've only had the amp for a day, but the sound is great.  It pushes a decent amount of power for it's small size.  I'm running a Definitive Technologies ProCenter MKII center channel speaker, but I might get a pair of bookshelf speakers in the future.  

This would be a great item if you have a couple bookshelf speakers laying around and need a small stereo for your kitchen, bathroom, garage, game room, etc.  The amp has RCA and 1/8" inputs so you can hook it up to a smartphone, ipod, bluetooth receiver, etc.  Really can't beat it for $20 bucks and based on the reviews on amazon, it's a pretty popular little unit.

Amplifier

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71YRsyzuMlL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71rwO-U%2BsGL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

I've seen this pop up a lot when I have looked at cheap bookshelf speakers on there. If I didn't have SONOS throughout the house I'd grab one of these.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dammit ... costing me more money!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You mean people actually pay real money for that shit?

I was given one of those years ago and almost asked for my money back. Worst POS I've ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was given one of those years ago and almost asked for my money back. Worst POS I've ever seen.
Yep, I ordered the T6, dropped in a couple 123's and it didn't last 5 min.  It got too hot to hold, i took the batts out and let it cool.  Never came back on.  going back and not being replaced.  I will stick with Olights, that i have had great experience with.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've seen this pop up a lot when I have looked at cheap bookshelf speakers on there. If I didn't have SONOS throughout the house I'd grab one of these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amplifier

For $20 I couldn't resist, considering I already had the speaker.  It's a fun amp and due to it's size, you could get creative with the mounting and find a lot of uses for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yep, I ordered the T6, dropped in a couple 123's and it didn't last 5 min.  It got too hot to hold, i took the batts out and let it cool.  Never came back on.  going back and not being replaced.  I will stick with Olights, that i have had great experience with.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, you do realize that the T6 uses 18650 batteries, right?  

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Amplifier

View Quote

Have it in my shop pushing some gigantic, old, Polk Audio floor speakers. I wanted to be able to listen to my Iphone or other divice.
The amp rocks 'em. Worth every penny and so cheap, I will buy another.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my other lights have no issue using going back and forth between 1-18650 and 2-123's.  I have found many posts on candlepower.com backing me up that they should be interchangeable.  This still should not have create the heat that it did.  If you like them fine.  I don't. let us part as friends.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:19:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Amplifier

View Quote
I have one.  Great little Tamp.  I did need to open it up and put some electric tape in as something was grounding out.  After that it worked swell.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
my other lights have no issue using going back and forth between 1-18650 and 2-123's.  I have found many posts on candlepower.com backing me up that they should be interchangeable.  This still should not have create the heat that it did.  If you like them fine.  I don't. let us part as friends.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It specifically says "Requires Lithium TF 18650 Batteries".  You're one of those people that gives a bad review of something and then the next guy comes along and says "Uh yeah, those people didn't read the instructions" huh?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By cedjunior

It specifically says "Requires Lithium TF 18650 Batteries".  You're one of those people that gives a bad review of something and then the next guy comes along and says "Uh yeah, those people didn't read the instructions" huh?

View Quote
Well that may be part of the issue, mine showed sans instructions in a little bubble wrap in a little clear envelope.  NO INSTRUCTIONS if you didn't comprehend.  let it go.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well that may be part of the issue, mine showed sans instructions in a little bubble wrap in a little clear envelope.  NO INSTRUCTIONS if you didn't comprehend.  let it go.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By cedjunior

You mad bro? Cause you seem mad.
Just funning you man!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have one.  Great little Tamp.  I did need to open it up and put some electric tape in as something was grounding out.  After that it worked swell.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amplifier

it there a blue tooth revicer I can plug the back of the unit so I can keep my phone on me?

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Worth it's weight in gold.  Plus, "Working women in the building industry will find they are more easily able to manipulate these lighter tools and drive nails like a seasoned carpenter."  
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314pLrhnaJL._SX385_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BKXLYA/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

So your a woman? Harbor freight sells a steel one for $4
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
it there a blue tooth revicer I can plug the back of the unit so I can keep my phone on me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amplifier

Plenty actually.  These three are in my wishlist.  Will be getting one of them next week and adding to my system.

Here

And here

And here
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Got a link for that?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I have the 32GB tied to my Swiss Army Cadet and have been carrying it daily in my pocket for about a year. No issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lo-Pro USB Flash Drive

I got it for the car.  It is tiny, maybe 1/4" sticks out when it's plugged in.  Holds 87,000 hours of music or thereabouts.

Same one the wife and I use in our cars. They've held up close to a year now with no issues.

The indented edge makes them easy to remove despite the tiny size.

I have the 32GB tied to my Swiss Army Cadet and have been carrying it daily in my pocket for about a year. No issues.
Thanks for this.  I have an Alpine deck in the glovebox of my 48 Ford Pickup and it requires exactly this.  I have been using a 90 degree cable, but the compact USB is a real problem solver.  

(Currently buying a transformer for my backyard security/Malibu lights on Amazon)  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Details?  Link?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Details?  Link?
View All Quotes
It appears to be this.   $39.99   made in China, no judgement, just stating it.

• Zoomable. Goes from wide-angle floodlight to narrow-focus spotlight.

• CREE XM-L T6 LED Ultra Bright 1000 Lumen.

• 3 Modes: High, Low and Strobe

• Sturdy and rugged. Made with aero aluminum alloy and ABS.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I will have to say No Go on this one, unless you NEED the bright light of a hand held but on your head.

I was with a few guys on deloyment and they had these. One had the wires come out were the battery compartment is, the batteries are on the back of your head so you can not lay down and work on stuff. Its heavy, the bezel is huge and you will bang it in things. Whole thing is big infact, hard to lug around.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Delete.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I promise this is the last time I'll bump this.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#37]
need cheap Benadryl®? AKA Diphenhydramine   look no further also a great sleep aid used in many of those as well.
600 25MG tabs  for less than 10 bucks using prime
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OTAJTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
need cheap Benadryl®? AKA Diphenhydramine   look no further also a great sleep aid used in many of those as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OTAJTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

That is a good find!

It is available from other sellers for $8.83 plus Free shipping which isn't much less but they other sellers don't charge tax.

I usually go to Sam's Club for my bulk meds like this but will have to check Amazon out for them as well now.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#39]
We've seen lots of good, now here's one to avoid...I bought these and one is working ok, the other was useless right out of the box.  The price makes them tempting, but probably best to avoid these.

Amazon branded HDMI Cables
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We've seen lots of good, now here's one to avoid...I bought these and one is working ok, the other was useless right out of the box.  The price makes them tempting, but probably best to avoid these.

View Quote

4.8/5 Stars, 3,561 reviews. Yep, avoid them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few of them, and they appear to be built very well
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love me some amazon cables.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Amplifier

View Quote

Thanks, that is pretty nice for $20.  I will have to upgrade to that.  I got rid of my crackly 80's boombox in the shop and am using a Grundig shortwave radio for FM/AM.  Great sound, but one speaker.  It does have RCA outs.  I can hook that amp up to a couple Cambridge Soundworks bookshelf speakers I have collecting dust in the basement!  

<click>
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I find them to be better than all the other cables I have.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#45]
5 fantastic books for $10 or less.

The Serpent and the Rainbow (I have a first edition I found in a small shop in Hawaii)
The book is an anecdotal and personal account by Davis, an ethnobotanist who pursued research on zombification in Haiti. During the course of several field trips, Davis discovered the neuropharmacological properties of plant and animal substances that explain how zombies are made. Davis also became enmeshed in the social web of Haitian society and depicts the historical forces that led to the intertwined relationships between cults and secret societies on the one hand, and the government on the other. The book lacks the kind of completeness that might be of interest to anthropologists, ethnobotanists, and medical specialists; it is more of a personal narrative, a diary of discovery, interesting to the public at large, but leaving specialists with a number of unanswered questions. Preferred Choice Book Plan main selection. Winifred Lambrecht, Anthropology Dept., Brown Univ., Providence, R.I.

http://www.amazon.com/Serpent-Rainbow-Harvard-Scientists-Astonishing/dp/0671502476/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410890131&sr=1-2&keywords=the+serpent+and+the+rainbow

Donald R. Burgett autobiographical WWII books.  The series covers everything from basic training to the 101st D-Day jump over Normandy, all the way to Germany.  Includes a lot of photos, etc that he took as well.  Absolutely fantastic reads.  Seriously though, for all of them used for under $2 not counting shipping, just do it.

In June 1944, the Allies launched a massive amphibious invasion against Nazi-held France. But under the cover of darkness, a new breed of fighting man leapt from airplanes through a bullet-stitched, tracer-lit sky to go behind German lines. These were the Screaming Eagles of the newly formed 101st Airborne Division. Their job was to strike terror into the Nazi defenders, delay reinforcements, and kill any enemy soldiers they met. In the next seven days, the men of the 101st fought some of the most ferocious close-quarter combat in all of World War II.

Now Donald R. Burgett looks back at the nonstop, nightmarish fighting across body-strewn fields, over enemy-held hedgerows, through blown-out towns and devastated forests. This harrowing you-are-there chronicle captures a baptism by fire of a young Private Burgett, his comrades, and a new air-mobile fighting force that would become a legend of war.

http://www.amazon.com/Donald-R.-Burgett/e/B001HPCVZO/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=undefined&sr=1-1
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks, that is pretty nice for $20.  I will have to upgrade to that.  I got rid of my crackly 80's boombox in the shop and am using a Grundig shortwave radio for FM/AM.  Great sound, but one speaker.  It does have RCA outs.  I can hook that amp up to a couple Cambridge Soundworks bookshelf speakers I have collecting dust in the basement!  

<click>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amplifier

<click>

I bought the amp because of this thread.  Plugged a bluetooth receiver into it and it works great with some bookshelf speakers I had laying around.  It is now my gun room radio.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazon basics cables are great, in my experience.  You probably got a dud, but that can happen with any electronics item.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cheaper and free shipping and don't need prime

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OTAJTO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OHS8SSERQSM

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ordered, because I love to color.

View All Quotes

$225?  Fuck that, I'll get a south San Antonio hooker.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I bought the amp because of this thread.  Plugged a bluetooth receiver into it and it works great with some bookshelf speakers I had laying around.  It is now my gun room radio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amplifier

<click>

You guys won't be disappointed for $20.  I've read quite a few people who say they buy a generic laptop power supply that provides more power to the amp than the OEM cable.  They say it improves the power output of the amp.  I'm not an expert so I don't know how that works.  I'll see how mine works an if I have issues I might look into one.  Generic laptop power supplies are only about 7 bucks with Prime.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top