Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Just to update on the paper, he got a 105 (5 extra points) for "writing about a very controversial artist and presenting only facts" while omitting Mr. Coes' personal beliefs."

While I'm happy for him, some of the papers were written about The Beatles, CCR, Michael Jackson etc portraying them as role models and national heros.

Thank you GD for your plethora of information and brutal honesty, I know of no other outlet that would have facilitated this conversation about such a person.

Speaking to the highlighted area, I'm fairly sure the "facts" would be his personal beliefs. I'm going to inquire at our next parent/teacher meeting.

Thanks again GD!

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Speaking to the highlighted area, I'm fairly sure the "facts" would be his personal beliefs. I'm going to inquire at our next parent/teacher meeting.

Thanks again GD!

View Quote
You're putting an awful lot of thought into something that was only two pages long, double spaced.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're putting an awful lot of thought into something that was only two pages long, double spaced.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again GD!

... and his son's work, for that matter.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Most performers and artists range somewhere between "dumbass" and "utter scumbag".

I enjoy a good show but I also realize they make lousy role models.  Sadly, not everybody seems to grasp this idea.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like your sons got....

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again GD!

So should I have sent him off to Google DAC and he return quoting "fucking in the butt" or God knows what else? I seldom involve myself in his projects but this one was very different.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So should I have sent him off to Google DAC and he return quoting "fucking in the butt" or God knows what else? I seldom involve myself in his projects but this one was very different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again GD!

I was singing such songs at his age.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
I've got some bad news, Dad. He already knows.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to believe that just yet.

P.S. how was the burger? You had me until the mustard in the pan and the meat touching lettuce, looked good though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is what I'm thinking. I know he was either homeless or chose to live in a van/bus outside the Opry for a while, and some of the stints in prison etc.

His first choice was his favorite band, The LACs (Loud Ass Crackas) that got me an invitation to the school to discuss what his home environment was like.

He's an honor student in AP classes, he's just country as hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way to make his personal history appropriate for a school paper is to ignore a significant portion of his life and art or to gloss it over it in a way that is intellectually dishonest. In my opinion. You could present it as objectively as possible but, if you're honest about him, you're really running a risk of twisting a set of panties or two.

That is what I'm thinking. I know he was either homeless or chose to live in a van/bus outside the Opry for a while, and some of the stints in prison etc.

His first choice was his favorite band, The LACs (Loud Ass Crackas) that got me an invitation to the school to discuss what his home environment was like.

FOAD. . . in the nicest way possible .
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way to make his personal history appropriate for a school paper is to ignore a significant portion of his life and art or to gloss it over it in a way that is intellectually dishonest. In my opinion. You could present it as objectively as possible but, if you're honest about him, you're really running a risk of twisting a set of panties or two.

I answered that already, reading is fundamental 13er
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

P.S. how was the burger? You had me until the mustard in the pan and the meat touching lettuce, looked good though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely fantastic.

Frying the burger in mustard is awesome. In-N-Out does it on their Animal Style burgers, which is essentially what I made (took some liberties with the bun).

I've been known to nibble on raw ground beef.

Poultry I'm really careful with, but ground chuck? Meh.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw David Allen Coe perform at a place called the 'cellar door' in Georgetown (Wash DC) in about 1976.

It was a good show.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top