User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2013 5:44:01 PM EDT
nm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They use butane as a solvent
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They were probably messing with butane and the fumes went up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Heat +butane = chance for boom

Cook your hash oil outside kids.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I did
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The hardware used does resemble a pipe bomb

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They use butane as a solvent
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]

We've been trying to tell you people for years that buying weed materially supports terrorism. Combined with the increased propensity for violence ("reefer madness") it's a recipe for trouble. As legalization becomes more widespread, expect to see "weed bombs" in major American cities.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Retards and chemistry make me
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]

But what role does the Trident play?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Awww hash the good old days
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Budder
View Quote

Not sure who is typing up the drug Wikipedia, but it might be those square DEA types.  
Budder is commonly just another term for bud butter.  Bonding the cannabiniods to fat so they can actually be metabolized.  
DAP or Wax is really the most common term for the variety of THC extracts.
Auntie Watermelon.  No... really.  <Insert weed jokes right about here>  This is budder  (If that's a COC violation IM me or kill it.  I'm honestly not sure considering the variety of state and local laws and I'm not trying to condone any behavior)

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Dude died Friday.

CAPISTRANO BEACH – A man died in a hospital Friday after battling burn injuries for more than five weeks ago from a suspected drug lab blast in the garage of a South County home, officials said.

Lee Haumea Sermur, 31, of Capistrano Beach, died at 2:56 p.m. Friday at Western Medical Center in Santa, according to the coroner’s office.

Sermur died from respiratory burn injuries sustained from breathing in hot gases and smoke, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi.

Officials responded to an explosion and fire in a home in the 26000 block of Vista del Mar on Nov. 5. The fire spread to several neighboring homes and the explosion blew off the home’s garage door and several windows, authorities said.

Investigators said the explosion took place in the garage after Sermur attempted to extract THC from marijuana to create concentrated cannabis oil, known as hash oil....

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/garage-593447-died-home.html
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/234624691.html

Investigators believed the car Sayman was driving Aug. 4 exploded near Garland and Wall shortly after he had attempted to illegally extract THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) from marihuana while inside the vehicle. Authorities said Sayman attempted to make the strong marijuana derivative known as “butane honey oil” by using butane lighter fluid to extract the substance from the marijuana plant materials.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]

This weed oil is incredibly new, it's only been around for the past 3-5 years, and the internet is filled to the brim with doorknobs who just found out about it who attempt to make the oil but then blow their houses up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Whatever happened to rolling it and smoking it? Not cool enough? Geez, kids these days.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This weed oil is incredibly new, it's only been around for the past 3-5 years, and the internet is filled to the brim with doorknobs who just found out about it who attempt to make the oil but then blow their houses up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Butane honey oil has been around for years and years. I remember reading howto's on it when I had just started smoking when I was 16.

Note: I don't smoke anymore. But would if it were legal here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I was first in to a "weed lab" explosion last month at work. At first we thought it was meth. Blew the entire wall of their apartment off. The retards thought they could show up at the hospital two blocks away with severe burns two blocks away and the police wouldn't make the connection.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dude died Friday.

CAPISTRANO BEACH – A man died in a hospital Friday after battling burn injuries for more than five weeks ago from a suspected drug lab blast in the garage of a South County home, officials said.

Lee Haumea Sermur, 31, of Capistrano Beach, died at 2:56 p.m. Friday at Western Medical Center in Santa, according to the coroner’s office.

Sermur died from respiratory burn injuries sustained from breathing in hot gases and smoke, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi.

Officials responded to an explosion and fire in a home in the 26000 block of Vista del Mar on Nov. 5. The fire spread to several neighboring homes and the explosion blew off the home’s garage door and several windows, authorities said.

Investigators said the explosion took place in the garage after Sermur attempted to extract THC from marijuana to create concentrated cannabis oil, known as hash oil....

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/garage-593447-died-home.html
View Quote

Theres your problem right there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I love these threads.

Everyone who knows nothing about the subject comes in and quotes facts they just made up.

It truly is amusing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#22]
If there is a creative way to die, dopers will find it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Just had one blow up down the way from me. Exciting times.

Boom
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not sure who is typing up the drug Wikipedia, but it might be those square DEA types.  

Budder is commonly just another term for bud butter.  Bonding the cannabiniods to fat so they can actually be metabolized.  

Auntie Watermelon.  No... really.  <Insert weed jokes right about here>  This is budder  (If that's a COC violation IM me or kill it.  I'm honestly not sure considering the variety of state and local laws and I'm not trying to condone any behavior)

http://youtu.be/761d0RpYHdg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Budder

http://youtu.be/761d0RpYHdg

That video is funny as hell. she's so high.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#26]
If you are going to make BHO, you had better make that shit outside.  If not, death is awaiting you. Or at least severe burns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If you are going to make BHO, you had better make that shit outside.  If not, death is awaiting you. Or at least severe burns.
View Quote

FBHO?

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Damnit I went and got old. I don't have the firs clue what this is or how it works. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that anything involving butane is a fire hazard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damnit I went and got old. I don't have the firs clue what this is or how it works.
View Quote

Looks like sticking with "old school" still pushes the limit for the average geezer.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bullshit. My friends and I could get that shit as far back as early 80's in the DC area, and it was not a new thing back then.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

FBHO?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO?

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#32]
There are other completely safe methods to make hash that don't involve butane.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw a "lockup" episode where a girl had severe burns from trying to make BHO. It blew up, burning her and her BF and killing their buddy. They both got manslaughter, IIRC.

One of pot's few redeeming qualities is that it's relatively harmless, hopefully stoners won't start blowing up their trailers and sect. 8 apt.'s like tweakers do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This true. There are all kinds of ways, but people are getting into BHo because of the popularity of vaporizers. Especially, low profile, pen like vaporizers.  Kind of hard to be discreet with a bowl of morracan, or Nepalese hash.  Or just plain bubble hash.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were making oil.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Fucking stupid ass dopers

Duuuuuuuuude...
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I love these threads.

Everyone who knows nothing about the subject comes in and quotes facts they just made up.

It truly is amusing.
View Quote

So, how do you do it?

What method works best?

What is the THC change in percentage?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#40]
There's a video about hash oil on Vice.com.  It shows the proper way you're supposed to make it starting at 3:10, it's pretty cool.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe you can produce dabs without using butane if you're going to go as far as looking for hash oil.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I believe you can produce dabs without using butane if you're going to go as far as looking for hash oil.
View Quote
The folks I know who do it use alcohol.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Awww hash the good old days
View Quote

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Butane honey oil has been around for years and years. I remember reading howto's on it when I had just started smoking when I was 16.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honey oil was around in the mid 70's.  Or so I read.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BHO is a stronger product which is why they use butane.  You can use alcohol, other solvents, bubble bags and ice bath (use an old washing machine),  or a tumbler. With the exception of some other solvents BHO is the most potent method. Its also simple and cheap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, it's been around for decades. High Times used to run ads for something called the Isomerizer back in the 70's. Same concept.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
BHO is a stronger product which is why they use butane.  You can use alcohol, other solvents, bubble bags and ice bath (use an old washing machine),  or a tumbler. With the exception of some other solvents BHO is the most potent method. Its also simple and cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess they prefer not exploding.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top