Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 10:32:50 AM EDT
I receive a lot of small packages for my work through USPS Priority Mail.  Their tracking sucks, but delivery was always pretty good at 2-3 days, even from the west coast to reach the east coast.

The past few weeks have been horrible though.  7-8 days from Cali or Florida.  I had one package go from CA to Mass and float around there 2 days before heading back west to NY.  Anyone here know of a solid reason for this?  Did they change something in their distribution?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
F
B
H
O
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
For a while their tracking system was down too. A full week

ETA : It worked for me yesterday. but it looks like it's down again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I got two packages from the east coast this week, both took two days
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn that's fast!

I noticed priority has been taking twice as long recentl too-no idea why.I usually get a package from NY in 2-3 days;last one took a week.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn that's fast!

I noticed priority has been taking twice as long recentl too-no idea why.I usually get a package from NY in 2-3 days;last one took a week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that's fast!

Ok so I'm not the only one.  Fucking bullshit.  You pay extra for shipping to get something on time.... FUUUUUUUU!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Been working for me just fine in the last 50 packages I've sent only one had a tracking failure.  The package got there anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You misspelled "years."
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#9]
A few weeks ago, I had a LOCAL priority mail package take a full week. Usually, anything within 4 hours of the metro was de facto overnight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
It's been even faster and more reliable for me the past few weeks.  Even first class has only been taking 2 days to get from FL to NM.  The thing I really like about USPS is that packages are moved 7 days a week.  You can ship on Friday/Saturday and it'll be delivered on Monday to most places.  UPS and Fedex completely shut down on weekends and packages just sit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's been even faster and more reliable for me the past few weeks.  Even first class has only been taking 2 days to get from FL to NM.  The thing I really like about USPS is that packages are moved 7 days a week.  You can ship on Friday/Saturday and it'll be delivered on Monday to most places.  UPS and Fedex completely shut down on weekends and packages just sit.
View Quote

They still move on weekends. It will stop once they reach the next hub, though.

FedEx Home Delivery delivers on Saturdays for free as well to most zip codes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has been my experience lately as well. Packages showing up crazy faster than I expect them too.

Since the OP is from NY, I'd just expect an extra 10 layers of BS the mail has to go thru to get to its recipient.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they deliver on Saturdays but then they take Monday off.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I've had a few take 3 days instead of 2 recently

big deal
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience, on the days where home delivery takes off FedEx Ground still delivers. Then again, I work for a shipping center and have everything send to where I work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok so I'm not the only one.  Fucking bullshit.  You pay extra for shipping to get something on time.... FUUUUUUUU!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that's fast!

I didn't even catch that you were from NY-my folks are just outside Rochester.

The funny thing is,the mail is more sporadic going there than coming here-although in the past year it has really slowed down coming from there.I send cards and gifts at least a week in advance now-took 9 days for my dads birthday card to get there from here,but the card they sent me only took 3 days.

Doesn't seem to be any consistency to it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I receive a lot of small packages for my work through USPS Priority Mail.  Their tracking sucks, but delivery was always pretty good at 2-3 days, even from the west coast to reach the east coast.

The past few weeks have been horrible though.  7-8 days from Cali or Florida.  I had one package go from CA to Mass and float around there 2 days before heading back west to NY.  Anyone here know of a solid reason for this?  Did they change something in their distribution?
View Quote
The Christmas shopping has started  

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had a few take 3 days instead of 2 recently

big deal
View Quote

When my mom sends me homemade chocolate cookies,every extra day of waiting is bad!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Had a few packages take 3 days to get from NC to VA recently.  Never taken that long before.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#21]
i ordered something on Tuesday night USPS priority mail, and i got it yesterday.

it came from Texas..

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#22]
The only issue I had was a First Class that was going from New York to ME(Nebraska).  It took a left at Des Moines and made its way to Florida.  Got scanned there and is now in USPS lost package hell.  It never showed up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I sent a first class envelope Monday to a seller in NC and as of yesterday it hadn't got there yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered a part from Brownells on Tuesday and had it here in CT on Friday but it was only First Class mail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]
the post office is now being run by the IRS and falls under obamacare and they found some bad meat in the can from some funny postal workers so the NSA is checking on all the packages being shipped now so they have screwed up another great government program that looses 25 million dollars a day that they are in business
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#27]
USPS Sucks

I just refunded the buyers money. The supervisor who was looking into this said they have never seen this happen before.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

USPS Sucks

I just refunded the buyers money. The supervisor who was looking into this said they have never seen this happen before.
View Quote
just got some mags off the EE, took 4 weeks to go from NC to FL.  Showed up today, were shipped out the 26th of September.  

Good arfcommer though, he refunded my money after the PO lost the box for 3 weeks.  

(yes I repaid for the mags)

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The "new" tracking is worse than the "old" delivery confirmation. And that was pretty bad. But the service itself, I've not had a problem with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#30]
It's not just packages but regular mail as well. I'm like a week and a half behind on my mail
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]
the USPS is changing a lot of stuff around, from distrubution/sorting facilities to delivery times.
not to mention a lot of post offices are now only manned until noon. you can still get your mail from a PO box after 12a.m.

IMO a lot of it is being done on purpose to try and prove that they are still needed.

just like what happened with barrys .gov shutdown..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I sent a first class envelope Monday to a seller in NC and as of yesterday it hadn't got there yet.
View Quote

The democrats are running the government at present. Would you care to apologize for them? You know, like all your other threads...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Most likely has something to do with the NSA's patching of their " Santa's List " package tracking program...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The democrats are running the government at present. Would you care to apologize for them? You know, like all your other threads...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At first I thought it was cute how you always come along and post about my politics but now its just plain annoying.

Either put me on ignore or leave me alone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A few weeks ago, I had a LOCAL priority mail package take a full week. Usually, anything within 4 hours of the metro was de facto overnight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Had the same thing happen to me last week. Local packages usually take overnight but this one sat for a full week. I wasn't happy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're paying extra shipping because you're a sucker.  You have little or no recourse if they simply do whatever they want with your mail.

Quoted:

At first I thought it was cute how you always come along and post about my politics but now its just plain annoying.

Either put me on ignore or leave me alone.

I have no firsthand info on why he'd pick on you for your politics, but if you really are making excuses for them then you're not going to find much sympathy.

You shop for ammo lately?    There isn't a shortage because people are pants-pissing excited about plinking at cans.   Think about that.    Nobody cares if anyone is "annoyed" at this point.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Its true lost my damn package. Was supposed to be delivered on the 8th was finally found at the post office on the 21st. Tracking number never worked. Ugh
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anything is better than UPS.
View Quote

I like the fist size holes my UPS packages usually arrive with. One looked like it went a few rounds with the driver.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#39]
As an employee, I can sadly say that it's due to consolidation of facilities/closures aka poor planning. Hell I've ordered several items from Midway and they come via UPS but will transition to USPS in the destination city. Motorola has the nationwide contract for finger held scanners. It a two finger strap held on by velcro. The velcro strap holds out longer than the scanner itself.  I kid you not. As of this past summer there was a 6 month wait for these illustrious scanners.  I worked at Fedex from 1993-98 and understand was a real scanner is suppose to be.
There are times I've experienced 2 day Priority service from Wisconsin to Texas but 1 week delivery times from Missouri to Texas. Go figure. All I can say is to expect more of this. Further consolidations are in the works around the first half of the year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Actually I just was shocked that 2 boxes I sent on Thursday made it from NY to FL and HI and were delivered Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Use FedEx if you want it to get there. USPS is union wages for third world service.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As an employee, I can sadly say that it's due to consolidation of facilities/closures aka poor planning. Hell I've ordered several items from Midway and they come via UPS but will transition to USPS in the destination city. Motorola has the nationwide contract for finger held scanners. It a two finger strap held on by velcro. The velcro strap holds out longer than the scanner itself.  I kid you not. As of this past summer there was a 6 month wait for these illustrious scanners.  I worked at Fedex from 1993-98 and understand was a real scanner is suppose to be.
There are times I've experienced 2 day Priority service from Wisconsin to Texas but 1 week delivery times from Missouri to Texas. Go figure. All I can say is to expect more of this. Further consolidations are in the works around the first half of the year.
View Quote

yup ,
not sure if related but until this week the past month has been crazy overtime. 10-11 hours a day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can see a package getting put on the wrong truck and making a detour to the wrong state ( seen this many times ) but how can a package with a clearly printed label ( wide clear tape over the shipping address to avoid it being damaged ) be delivered to someone in a different state? The supervisor that called me said she was completely baffled and had never heard this happening.

How would the carrier on his delivery route not notice the address when he is sorting the mail to deliver?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can see a package getting put on the wrong truck and making a detour to the wrong state ( seen this many times ) but how can a package with a clearly printed label ( wide clear tape over the shipping address to avoid it being damaged ) be delivered to someone in a different state? The supervisor that called me said she was completely baffled and had never heard this happening.

How would the carrier on his delivery route not notice the address when he is sorting the mail to deliver?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

having worked for the USPS since 2005 I have found an uncommonly high percentage of dumb-asses work there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top