"Breakout" refers to the time needed to convert low-enriched uranium
to weapons-grade uranium. On Thursday,  the Institute for Science and
International Security issued a report stating that Iran could reach
that breakout in as little as one month based in part on Iran's own
revelations about its nuclear program.

"If they use all their
centrifuges ... and their stockpiles of low- and medium-enriched
uranium, that would take one to 1.6 months," said David Albright,
president of the institute and a former inspector for the U.N.
International Atomic Energy Agency.

So, does Iran get the bomb?  Does someone stop them?  

ETA: Last new moon in Tehran this year is Dec 3.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Persian Carpet Bombing  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing to worry about.  Obama has it under control.

Obama Admin Seeks Pause in New Iran Sanctions Push

"WASHINGTON October 25, 2013 (AP)
The Obama administration is asking Congress to hold off on enacting new sanctions against Iran. It says a pause in the push to impose new penalties would give negotiators flexibility in talks now underway to get Iran to comply with demands it prove its nuclear program is peaceful.

Even as U.S. officials argue that tough sanctions are what brought Iran to the negotiating table in the first place, the White House and State Department said Friday the administration wants lawmakers to wait on new sanctions legislation to give the negotiations time to get traction. Some lawmakers have argued that now is not the time to ease pressure and that pursuing new sanctions will give the U.S. additional leverage in the talks. ..."
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Iran will get the bomb, it's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
And b.hussein will bow ever deeper to them .

ETA: I wouldnt be surprised if they have enough uranium already....black market and back-door deals with the ruskies

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep nobody has the balls to say no.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
There will be an "accident" in Iran.  Many lives will be lost.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
... Israelis don't do shit without our involvement

We'll deny it, but nevertheless ...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
we lose
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they will go the Indian route.

They will keep the rest of the World in the dark for as long as possible through ambiguous statements and actions (like they have done for years). Then one day the World will wake up to the news that Iran has tested at least one bomb, possibly several, in underground tests.

At that point the weapons will have been operational for a while, and the tests are merely confirmation of the country's new status. They will then be untouchable, just like Pakistan and North Korea.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Israel will stop them, and even if they didnt, the use of said bomb would result in the death of everyone in Iran.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Israel will stop them, and even if they didnt, the use of said bomb would result in the death of everyone in Iran.
View Quote

They don't need to use it for it to be effective.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I think Iran's going to get the bomb entirely because the United States of America is led by morons, and I think it won't really matter in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
No one will do a damn thing but TALK. They will get their nukes.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Not one person thinks the US will stop them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, imho hussein is secretly rooting them on. Stop them?  Hell he will probably declare ghat day his own petsonal holiday

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Lol, imho hussein is secretly rooting them on. Stop them?  Hell he will probably declare ghat day his own petsonal holiday

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go home dad, you're drunk.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Israel doesn't have the sack to attack. Don't kid yourselves.

They wouldn't DARE strike...it would meant their TOTAL and COMPLETE anialation and they know it. Isreal would be glass.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]

THAT.   WAS.  AWESOME.  

For people with a memory like a gold-fish, Tomislav's post in that thread is priceless.

You know the old saying:

"Fool me once... shame on you.  Fool me twice... shame on me.  Fool me CONSTANTLY, REPEATEDLY, AND NON-STOP with the same old game.... I must be a fucking moran!!!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think Bibi is going to get a green light from Obama. Maybe he'll give Obama a heads up first. In any event there are probably enough anti-strike forces in the Israeli military and government to leak to the US ahead of the strike, plus whatever the NSA is up to in Israel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#21]
None of our business.  We're broke, remember?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

They wouldn't DARE strike...it would meant their TOTAL and COMPLETE anialation and they know it. Isreal would be glass.

Glass indicates they would be nuked.  Who would nuke them?  

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Iran goes down only after they lob a few and kill 300K+

Until then, Kerry will only talk and talk and talk...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Dick Cheney thinks so..

former Vice President Dick Cheney believes that, eventually, America may have to resort to military force.
In     an interview on ABC’s "This Week” on Sunday, Mr. Cheney was asked whether a     strike on Iran is "inevitable.”

"I
 have trouble seeing how we’re going    to achieve our objective  
short   of that,” he said. "And I doubt very    much that the diplomacy
will   be  effective if there’s not the  prospect   that, if diplomacy
fails,  that  we  will, in fact, resort to  military   force.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/27/dick-cheney-military-action-against-iran-may-be-in/

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
North Korea has the bomb now and nobody's blathering on about bombing them. Why is that? They're certainly more dangerous than Iran.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Persian Carpet Bombing  
View Quote

We need a Facebook style "like" button here until then I will just say +1 .
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Nothing will happen. Jan 1, 204 was a long time ago.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

this

its hard to stop a country from developing technology.   And we give ample motivation to develop the bomb because we tend not to invade/launch missiles at countries with the bomb.

They'll have it sooner or later.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#29]
We won't attack. Obama doesn't have the balls.

The Israelis will, if they get enough warning. The hard part for them will be doing it, which will require at least a little bit of discussion with some of the other middle east countries, and doing it without us catching wind of it. Because they don't trust Obama to not try to stop them. (IMO, they are right to be concerned)  

I would not be surprised to see the Gulf Cooperation Council do it, either. They've got the hardware, and they've been investing a lot in deep-strike weapons recently.  Look at some recent export requests... Some of these little Gulf countries want to buy cruise missiles in pretty large quantities, and we all know what the target is.

The problem with an Israeli or GCC strike is that neither will likely completely destroy some of the very hard, buried targets.  We can take those out, but if we don't strike, it could be a setback of the program, not it's destruction.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They will then be untouchable, just like Pakistan and North Korea.
View Quote

Let's be honest.  Unless the US is going to strike Iran with nuclear weapons, Iran will have a nuclear weapon.  No single conventional strike can eradicate the whole of Iran's nuclear capability nor do more than delay the inevitable crossing of the nuclear threshold.  Even a series of conventional strikes probably won't get there.  Iran has learned from strikes against other aspiring nuclear powers.  They have dispersed their sites, buried them deeply in some cases and in others, put them in the middle of civilian population centers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nothing will happen. Jan 1, 204 was a long time ago.

View Quote

See the Mongrel horde stopped Rome in time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They will keep the rest of the World in the dark for as long as possible through ambiguous statements and actions (like they have done for years). Then one day the World will wake up to the news that Iran has tested at least one bomb, possibly several, in underground tests.

At that point the weapons will have been operational for a while, and the tests are merely confirmation of the country's new status. They will then be untouchable, just like Pakistan and North Korea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup,  and then we'll have another country on the cusp of developing nuclear arms that everyone will wring hands over.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

North Korea has the bomb now and nobody's blathering on about bombing them. Why is that? They're certainly more dangerous than Iran.
View Quote

because they have the bomb of course.  We don't attack countries with nukes.  That would be dangerous.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Israel will handle it with back channel (DENIABLE) support from some of her Arab neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't think Bibi is going to get a green light from Obama. Maybe he'll give Obama a heads up first. In any event there are probably enough anti-strike forces in the Israeli military and government to leak to the US ahead of the strike, plus whatever the NSA is up to in Israel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll ask forgiveness, knowing CONGRESS will give it to them.

They won't ask permission, because they know OBAMA won't.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

because they have the bomb of course.  We don't attack countries with nukes.  That would be dangerous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And that is exactly why, if I were some tinpot dictator, I'd be doing everything I could to develop a nuke.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Israel will handle it with back channel (DENIABLE) support from some of her Arab neighbors.
View Quote

Sudden blindness by the Saudi Air Defenses?

That's never happened before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Nobody is invading Iran. That's what it would take to stop them. They get their nukes, and achieve nork level relevance on the world stage.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Breakout" refers to the time needed to convert low-enriched uranium to weapons-grade uranium. On Thursday,  the Institute for Science and International Security issued a report stating that Iran could reach that breakout in as little as one month based in part on Iran's own revelations about its nuclear program.

"If they use all their centrifuges ... and their stockpiles of low- and medium-enriched uranium, that would take one to 1.6 months," said David Albright, president of the institute and a former inspector for the U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency.

SOURCE

So, does Iran get the bomb?  Does someone stop them?  

I'd bet they already have it, and they're perfecting their delivery system...

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#40]
2 weeks.

Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build an atomic
weapon within two weeks and has, "in a certain way,” already reached the
point of no return in its nuclear program, a former senior
International Atomic Energy Association official said Monday.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Mossad gets shit done without that touchy feely liberal crap.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
we lose
View Quote

Yes but some more than others. I'm suprised they did'nt do anything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Israel will come out of the closet with an above ground test
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Obama ain't gonna do a goddamn think except apologize for not helping them develope their nuke weapons program. Israel won't do shit because we won't back their play. By the time Obama leaves office the Middle East is goin to becompletely fucked up and America is going to look like a pussified nation terrified of its own shadow and cowering before 3rd world shithole dictators
Obama can suck my American cock
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nukes aren't what you think they are.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes indeed
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#47]
NOTHING.  WILL.  HAPPEN.
Same old same old middle east fearmongering.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
NOTHING.  WILL.  HAPPEN.
Same old same old middle east fearmongering.
View Quote

The kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be a nuclear power within 36 months or less.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And that is exactly why, if I were some tinpot dictator, I'd be doing everything I could to develop a nuke.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I think so.

Probably during Michelle Obama's second term.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top