http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?
url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Friedrich%20D50AP

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well shit, mines on the list. Any suggestions on good replacements?  Or where to get one?

X2. Thanks OP!!

Try the Friedrich D50AP

It has a pump so you have the option of not having to empty it

Looks like the price jumped since I bought mine last year

I paid $219

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?
url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Friedrich%20D50AP

Awesome. Thanks man
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like 28 people have determined the actually have one from the recall list.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like 28 people have determined the actually have one from the recall list.
View Quote

That's pretty amazing - just from this forum. I posted it on another forum where I'm a member (non-firearms related) and a couple of people there had ones on the recall list, too.

And these are just the people who posted. How many people read Arfcom, but don't have an account or don't post?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Add me to the list, we have two - a 50 pint SoleusAir in the basement shop area (where I reload...) and a 70 pint unit in the crawlspace equipment area underneath the great room.  Both on the list. They were the only locally available models that work at temps down to the 40's w/out freezing up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Nick
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
That makes 30 here who could have had a fire.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh snap !

I had a Frigidaire humidifier fail in 2010 and I replaced it with a new model that same year.   It just stopped working and did smell burnt.  I used it for target practice and I bet it was one of the recalled ones.

Lucky it didn't burn my house down!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
According to Gree's recall website, they are going to want me to cut off and return the cord and label sticker from the unit before they will issue a refund.

I'm going to call their hotline number tomorrow or Monday to ask a couple of questions...

How are they going to know how much to refund me?

What about the extended product warranty that I purchased with the unit?

What about the inconvenience of being without my dehumidifier and the time and trouble of having go buy another one?

This sucks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
According to Gree's recall website, they are going to want me to cut off and return the cord and label sticker from the unit before they will issue a refund.

I'm going to call their hotline number tomorrow or Monday to ask a couple of questions...

What about the inconvenience of being without my dehumidifier and the time and trouble of having go buy another one?

This sucks!
View Quote

Would you prefer a house fire, losing everything, such as happened to the guy who posted about this on IL Carry in the first place?

How about if it happened in the middle of the night and your wife/girlfriend and kids were injured or killed?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is a GE and not on the list, but thanks for posting the info.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're welcome. That's why I posted it in GD. There are some good uses for GD.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is on the list as well. Solus air. I called today and I was told
That i will be getting a "return kit" in the mail in 5-10 days then after I return the parts they want I'll
Get a refund check in the mail.  So in what I expect to be a month by the time everythings
Done I get to buy a new dehumidifier, and dispose of the whats left of the old one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Son of a bitch!!!!

Mine is on the list and is nevef turned off.

I sleep to it's soft humm
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a frigidaire or however it is spelled but the date range is not the same, I have one that is a 11/11 but bc the name is on that list makes me nervous
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine was on the list.  I read about the recall a couple of weeks ago.

I have already received the envelope and have retuned it.  Now I am just waiting on my $239 check.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. My dehumidifier wasn't part of the recall you posted, but IS listed on a different recall due to danger of electrical shock. W.C Wood 40-pint Dehumidifier Recall

The company has closed its doors, so there's no recourse. No check for me, dammit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would you prefer a house fire, losing everything, such as happened to the guy who posted about this on IL Carry in the first place?

How about if it happened in the middle of the night and your wife/girlfriend and kids were injured or killed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sucks!

No no, that's not what I mean at all. I'm sorry if it came across that way. My deepest sympathies to those that have been affected by fires caused by these things. Having lost a family home to fire, I know what it's like to lose part of yourself.

No, I'm worried about getting shafted by Gree. I know my luck. I'm figuring that I'll get a $50 "refund" for my $300+ investment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Have 2 of those units, one is in the date range. Frack...

Thank you for the heads up. Unplugged that unit, and will call Monday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the heads up OP. I as well have one that was running around the clock down in my basement that is on the recall list. According to the glee recall website FAQ it will be 2-6weeks from the time they receive your package before you see your reimbursement check. Good thing its getting colder out and I don't really need it at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Imagine my surprise made in China.

They are trying to kill us. Whether by poison, by stuff that doesn't work when it supposed to or by fire.  They figure they'll get us at some point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#21]
This is the second recall you guys have alerted me to. The first was travel trailer refer. This dehumidifier had been on the shelf the past few years new and in the box.
I am not sure i will or would ever use it. So i am getting my money back for it 339 bucks i believe. Thanks for the alert.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't thank OP enough, we have one of these as well. God forbid we just make things in this country...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Marie! And thank you so much for getting this tacked, you have saved many people great headache and possibly thier lives!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks OP. I have one of the bad ones. Bought it in 6/08.  I always noticed it ran so much even when it was dry in basement. Was always changing the humidity settings to turn it off. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Have a Haier brand that runs all the time. (Not on the list but thanks for the heads up.)
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine is a kenmore and not on the list. However this tread has made me paranoid and will never run any dehumidifier while not at home or when I'm sleeping. I will be buying a timer for it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fellow member from IL Carry had a house fire about a month ago, caused by a dehumidifier. It had been the subject of a recall a week previously, but the guy wasn't aware of that. He lost everything.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42261

On september 19, 2013 my family suffered a large house fire. I lost 6 firearms and all tools/cleaning supplies/accessories. Insurance will replace most of what was lost.  The cause of this fire was a Dehumidifier that had unknown to me been recalled the previous week.  I am sure many of you are like me and run dehumidifiers in basements or near firearms collections.  Please check them.  The company that made mine was sold at a local home supply store.  Due to pending litigation I wont name the store but will post a link to the recall notice.  Please check it out and tell everyone you know.  Our fire will end up costing between $400,000-500,000.  We lost everything.  The best example of everything I can give is the night of the fire I had to borrow shoes from the neighbor to get to the hotel.  My family is ok and thats really what counts.

I dont want anything from anyone just to make fellow firearm owners aware of something that is an issue.  I am sure there are many of us that have these near our collections and even if not please still check them.  Thank you for reading this. I hope it saves someone some heartache.
View Quote

Link to CPSC recall notice
View Quote

THANK YOU Marie for posting this.  Im the member that had the house fire and it is good to see people take this serious.  Having a firearm collection/reloading equipment/ammo and a dehumidifier go hand in hand so I am glad Marie got this to out to you guys. Please tell as many people as you can and help prevent anyone else going through my nightmare.  Be safe.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

THANK YOU Marie for posting this.  Im the member that had the house fire and it is good to see people take this serious.  Having a firearm collection/reloading equipment/ammo and a dehumidifier go hand in hand so I am glad Marie got this to out to you guys. Please tell as many people as you can and help prevent anyone else going through my nightmare.  Be safe.  
View Quote

You're welcome. After what happened to you, I wanted to make sure others knew about it. That's why the tack was requested.

Do you have any photos of your damage?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You're welcome. After what happened to you, I wanted to make sure others knew about it. That's why the tack was requested.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes PM me in illinois carry with an email address and I can send them.  

And I am grateful for you getting this out there.  I posted it in a few other forums and one of them actually banned me and said I was spamming them.  What a joke.   I just wanted to be sure people know about it.  

I just sent you a PM in this forum with my email address     I dont know how to load them here sorry
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And I am grateful for you getting this out there.  I posted it in a few other forums and one of them actually banned me and said I was spamming them.  What a joke.   I just wanted to be sure people know about it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IL Carry's forum is acting very weird right now. Will PM you here. ETA: actually just emailed you through Arfcom.

I'll post your photos here once I have them.
You're welcome. :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#31]
We have one on the list.

I just called the kids at home to check the number, when I saw this thread. Told them to unplug it.
Thanks for posting this here Marie
Sorry about your troubles Mobrules. Thanks for trying to bring this to peoples attention, and welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We have one on the list.

I just called the kids at home to check the number, when I saw this thread. Told them to unplug it.
Sorry about your troubles Mobrules. Thanks for trying to bring this to peoples attention, and welcome to the site.
View Quote

Mobrules is one fellow who won't be getting the "13er" crap!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#33]
39 40 now
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We have one on the list.

View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have one on the list.

I dont even know what that means.  "13er"      Maybe I dont want to.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Checked mine and the date code is 11/08. Two months past the recalled units. Looks like I'm clear.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I just checked mine and sure enough, its on the list.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Mobrules sent me 8 pics to post, so here they are. His M1A rusted after being hit with water from the fire being put out, the dehumidifier after the fire, and his basement after fire. And in the very last pics, you will see Christmas decorations (red and green) on the basement floor. Mobrules told me it took about five minutes for the fire to do that damage. The unit had only been plugged in for one hour.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some folks here like to give members who joined this year, after Sandy Hook and such, something of a hard time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow, that sucks. Mine has to be about 8 yrs old. I'll check it out though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Checked mine...Comfort Air...whew...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Imagine my surprise made in China.

They are trying to kill us. Whether by poison, by stuff that doesn't work when it supposed to or by fire.  They figure they'll get us at some point.
View Quote
The problem is that just because it is made in China is not the issue. It is the importer, when they go the Chinese mfgr, they ask "build me this to these specs," at the LOWEST possible cost, and of course corners have be cut somewhere, someplace. And then the importer takes the word of the mfgr that it does this appliance does the job.and is safe, but  they never verify because that would add to the cost. The importer should shoulder much of the blame.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm on the list too.

Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Page of additional kenmore recalls

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2012/Sears-Recalls-Kenmore-Dehumidifiers-Due-to-Fire-and-Burn-Hazards/
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a recalled one.  Just cut a new plug in
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine is on the list with a date range.

Can't find a date on the unit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Greehumidifierrecall.com has helpful diagrams to decipher the date of manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Greehumidifierrecall.com has helpful diagrams to decipher the date of manufacture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  

Was able to register online from that site.  My kit is in the mail.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Shit, i have been running one for 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I have GE's for both of mine. They are still made in China though.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top