Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 171
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

I heard a rumor of a possible actors strike on the Walking dead over low pay. Has anyone else heard anything about it? I heard it on a talk radio show a few days ago.
View Quote

I've heard nothing new.  But there was a lawsuit between the producers and AMC over profits late last year.   I'd have to Google it to see how that settled out.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]

6 months more
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Silver_Surfer:

6 months more
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

6 months more

It's probably going to be October/November for the first 8 episodes, a holiday break, & then the 2nd half of the season picking up again in February.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Silver_Surfer] [#5]
by then Maggie will give birth.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
by then Maggie will give birth.
View Quote

Saw Maggie star on a Law & Order episode the other night... "Legitimate Rape."
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just watched episode 1.  Funny how the zombies act a bit differently, like the little girl  picking up the teddy bear, or the guys wife zombie turning the doorknob of the house
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah they moved faster in season 1 too. Maybe its a "freshness" phenomenon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By BB:

View Quote

SWAG: the walkers might be dead, but they still run on bioelectricity.  so their bodies are self-cannibalizing on order to create energy.  that's why their bones are losing density and their flesh is not as cohesive.  they're also decomposing, but the fact that they're still capable of bipedal function even without much of a food supply means that the energy has to be coming from somewhere.

another couple of years, and they'll pretty much all be dead '28 days later' style.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sirensong:

SWAG: the walkers might be dead, but they still run on bioelectricity.  so their bodies are self-cannibalizing on order to create energy.  that's why their bones are losing density and their flesh is not as cohesive.  they're also decomposing, but the fact that they're still capable of bipedal function even without much of a food supply means that the energy has to be coming from somewhere.

another couple of years, and they'll pretty much all be dead '28 days later' style.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sirensong:
Originally Posted By BB:

and then Warm Bodies style
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

They stated in one of the talking dead eps in the first few seasons that the walkers will degrade slowly over time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnny_Reno] [#12]

I just finished TWD comic issue #126 and Kirkman is starting to tick me off.

I hate it when I get the feeling that someone is writing a story in a way to "educate and enlighten" the reader.

Knock it off Kirkman.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
which one is that? i've been buying the TPBs, not the individual issues.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By BB:

View Quote

Zombies are only a problem until you overcome disgust and figure out that a craftsman philips head screwdriver, or ice pick, is really all you need.  Walking Dead Zombies are easy to take out.  

While they are rotting, and can endure horrific physical injury and keep on keeping on, for some reason touching their brain with as little as a toothpick apparently puts them down with ease.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Qweevox:

Zombies are only a problem until you overcome disgust and figure out that a craftsman philips head screwdriver, or ice pick, is really all you need.  Walking Dead Zombies are easy to take out.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

Originally Posted By BB:

While they are rotting, and can endure horrific physical injury and keep on keeping on, for some reason touching their brain with as little as a toothpick apparently puts them down with ease.

this is another technical aspect of the show that disturbs me.  normally it wouldn't bother me as much--it's only a TV show--but the fact that they actually took the time to explain the effects on the medulla, and still allow zombies to be killed by any damage anywhere to the brain, kinda bugs my nerd side.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:47:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Just finished the season.

I very much enjoyed it, but the fact they aren't focusing on melee weapons and blast away will full auto is pissing me off.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#18]
The series is starting to sag but I still watch.

My main gripe is that people from Georgia dont act like the characters.  Like when they were amassing weapons from a town and the guy talked about "signing off on the permits" and how most of the accents are atrocious and the slightly chubby APD lesbian wannabe chick is sadly the most realistic character at this point because god help me I've met her real life doppelganger.

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Buckshot556:
Just watched episode 1.  Funny how the zombies act a bit differently, like the little girl  picking up the teddy bear, or the guys wife zombie turning the doorknob of the house
View Quote

I noticed that too when I finally got my wife to start watching the series. Hell one zombie climbed an 8' chain link fence. The damn thing might have had barbed wire too!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By skew12:

I noticed that too when I finally got my wife to start watching the series. Hell one zombie climbed an 8' chain link fence. The damn thing might have had barbed wire too!
View All Quotes

i've noticed this too.. i think in some of the earlier episodes the walkers use rocks to break windows too.. they were slightly more intelligent, or had more human memories or something. i wish they would keep them like that... makes for a more interesting threat...
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#21]
5 months to go!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Discolite:
The series is starting to sag but I still watch.

My main gripe is that people from Georgia dont act like the characters.  Like when they were amassing weapons from a town and the guy talked about "signing off on the permits" and how most of the accents are atrocious and the slightly chubby APD lesbian wannabe chick is sadly the most realistic character at this point because god help me I've met her real life doppelganger.

View Quote

Slightly chubby?  I don't remember Tara being chubby.  Yeah the Permits thing bugged the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe 'slightly chubby' depending on camera angle but just very frumpy and bitter.  Honestly I find the actress to be pretty in the face but her character is intriguingly off putting.

Another slip up was when she said "the 75" and not simply 75 or I-75.  But I find her interesting.   Angry man-hating chip on her shoulder wannabe cop in the zombie apocalypse.   If only they would give her an Eli moment of falling asleep to her ipod with Indigo Girls as she desperately clung to that M&P.

Weird I find her so interesting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By steelycr:

i've noticed this too.. i think in some of the earlier episodes the walkers use rocks to break windows too.. they were slightly more intelligent, or had more human memories or something. i wish they would keep them like that... makes for a more interesting threat...
View All Quotes

I concur. There's nothing like a problem solving zombie.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe 'slightly chubby' depending on camera angle but just very frumpy and bitter.  Honestly I find the actress to be pretty in the face but her character is intriguingly off putting.

Another slip up was when she said "the 75" and not simply 75 or I-75.  But I find her interesting.   Angry man-hating chip on her shoulder wannabe cop in the zombie apocalypse.   If only they would give her an Eli moment of falling asleep to her ipod with Indigo Girls as she desperately clung to that M&P.

View Quote

She has huge boobs! The whole permit thing got me as well, I think that is mostly hollywood ignorance of guns in general.

I am looking forward to season 5, though I intend to enjoy my summer first after this past winter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok fellas, my wife and i just started watching on netflix. We are on season 2....this show is pretty adicting!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By UNDERTOW4507:
Ok fellas, my wife and i just started watching on netflix. We are on season 2....this show is pretty adicting!!!!
View Quote

it's addicting, but sometimes fustrating as hell..

amc is having a marathon of all 4 seasons over 4th of july weekend if you want to catch yourself up.  

I'm looking forward to season 5.  looks like the first 3-4 episodes will have some good action.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By R71:

She has huge boobs! The whole permit thing got me as well, I think that is mostly hollywood ignorance of guns in general.

I am looking forward to season 5, though I intend to enjoy my summer first after this past winter.
View All Quotes

Who are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

they're talking about the chick that plays tara,  i had to scroll up a bit to figure that one out...
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]

they're talking about the chick that plays tara,  i had to scroll up a bit to figure that one out...
View All Quotes

Thank You! I had to think who had hudge boobs
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

i don't remember her having huge boobs... i think the chick that plays rosita is much hotter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Agreed, plus she likes guys. She was the one I thought of when thinking hudge boobs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Agreed, plus she likes guys. She was the one I thought of when thinking hudge boobs.
View Quote

the "those things are hypnotic" line referring to rosita's tits was classic!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

She's a C-cup, maybe.
Also a PETA model.  
And has pointy elbows.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Walking Dead marathon starting July 4th on AMC they are showing the whole series.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By oldschool63:
Walking Dead marathon starting July 4th on AMC they are showing the whole series.
View Quote

Awesome.  Watching Shane run the show again will be great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By oldschool63:
View Quote

I really wish they would show the Directors Cut with deleted scenes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Just dawned on me Abraham is
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Just dawned on me Abraham is http://i60.tinypic.com/r7ip3l.jpg
View Quote

Bull got some when in the barn with the farmers daughter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Interwebs says Tara (Alanna Masterson) is only a 32B.  She seems a lot more boucier and jigglier than that to me.  Especially in that scene where she tries to pull Abraham off of Glen.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:59:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Silver_Surfer] [#41]
Originally Posted By Archtaan:

Interwebs says Tara (Alanna Masterson) is only a 32B.  She seems a lot more boucier and jigglier than that to me.  Especially in that scene where she tries to pull Abraham off of Glen.
View All Quotes

That would make Beth & Maggie a "A Cup"
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Yeah, no way that's accurate.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#43]
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/greeting-from-set-the-walking-dead-season-5

Michonne carrying some weird looking double-headed spear thing @ 1:06.  Doesn't look like her sword, anyways.
Also appears to be Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Maggie is looking good, nice split top t shirt:)
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been watching a lot of this over the last couple days and I have to say that it's better the second time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sircam671:

Michonne carrying some weird looking double-headed spear thing @ 1:06.  Doesn't look like her sword, anyways.
View Quote

Double-headed dildo?

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
There is a talking dead season 5 preview on tonight

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By InterestedBystander:
There is a talking dead season 5 preview on tonight

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Producer just gave the back-story on the funeral home.  Not a trap, just a funeral home whose owner dies of a heart-related illness.
Too many pig's feet, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder how they are going to handle the 9mo time gap between Season4 finale being captured by the cannibals and start of Season 5?   Unless they are going to show what they shot over a year ago then burn thru some time to the freshest film footage, because you know Carl had another growing spurt.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
I wonder how they are going to handle the 9mo time gap between Season4 finale being captured by the cannibals and start of Season 5?   Unless they are going to show what they shot over a year ago then burn thru some time to the freshest film footage, because you know Carl had another growing spurt.
View Quote

I was wondering that, too.  Maybe some flashbacks on one or two of the Termites, showing how they came to be cannibals, and why they ended up at that location?
Page / 171
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top