Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2013 6:29:04 PM EDT
I'm hearing a lot of different numbers. The O admin is saying millions, other sources are saying a few thousand.

An interesting thing to note, is that if you try the website at around 4:00 AM it still gives the error message about too much demand/activity. Why would so many people being trying to sign up at 4:00 in the morning
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Seven million, tried.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a letter 2 days ago informing me due to Obamabullshit, my coverage will only be good through the end of 2014, and I will then be force onto Obamabullshit. Un-fucking-real. My coverage is nice and cheap ($75 a month) with only a $1300 deductible. If I can't find a job with benefits, I will be forced onto it next October. FBHO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a buddy that received a quote for him, his wife, and 2 kids that was higher than his mortgage. What a joke.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There may have been millions of attempts to access the site.

People enrolled.....most likely extremely low.  Low enough that most of us could count that high between meals.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm hearing a lot of different numbers. The O admin is saying millions, other sources are saying a few thousand.

An interesting thing to note, is that if you try the website at around 4:00 AM it still gives the error message about too much demand/activity. Why would so many people being trying to sign up at 4:00 in the morning
View Quote

When it's 4am in New York, what time is it in Hawaii?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
10pm day before.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Scam.  All those hundreds of billions went into Dem supporters pockets.

Kinda like all those late nite ads, where you get $568 worth of stuff for 2 easy payments of $4.99.

Computer people these days apparently have NO CLUE how to roll out stuff.  The latest news article says they are taking some big one down so the coders can fix bugs without people being logged in.  O RLY ???  What kind of dumbazz sets up a massive system, and cant fix bugs on the mirror first, then roll it out to the main line?

Its all a farce, $300Billion dollars for a $20 website.

Hell even whacked out McAffee can tell somethings wrong.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

As far as I know 0 people have enrolled in the federal exchanges.  The state exchanges have had enrollment numbers of single digits to a few thousand depending on the state.  California tried to claim they had ~5 million hits on the first day and blamed it for the poor performance and availability of the site, but that number was revised down to less than 700K.  The federal site will also be down for the weekend because it's SOOOO popular.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Scam.  All those hundreds of billions went into Dem supporters pockets.

Kinda like all those late nite ads, where you get $568 worth of stuff for 2 easy payments of $4.99.

Computer people these days apparently have NO CLUE how to roll out stuff.  The latest news article says they are taking some big one down so the coders can fix bugs without people being logged in.  O RLY ???  What kind of dumbazz sets up a massive system, and cant fix bugs on the mirror first, then roll it out to the main line?

Its all a farce, $300Billion dollars for a $20 website.

Hell even whacked out McAffee can tell somethings wrong.
View Quote

The people at Fancy Excel (now with some concurrency!) won the bid for providing database infrastructure, so it should be easy!
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that more than anything, people are going on there and realizing that it isn't free.  Wait till they figure out the IRS is coming after them if they don't buy insurance
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got a letter 2 days ago informing me due to Obamabullshit, my coverage will only be good through the end of 2014, and I will then be force onto Obamabullshit. Un-fucking-real. My coverage is nice and cheap ($75 a month) with only a $1300 deductible. If I can't find a job with benefits, I will be forced onto it next October. FBHO.
View Quote

You are not forced to do anything. Do not comply.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I am exempt, so no, I haven't...
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone can thank Judge Roberts for this.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd bet more people have " Looked " than " bought ".

I've looked just for S's&G's and Obama Care is more than what I/employer currently pays with higher deductables.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, how's he not supposed to comply?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#17]
A BIL calls taking a dump an Obama

Obamacare, you do the rest.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have a buddy that received a quote for him, his wife, and 2 kids that was higher than his mortgage. What a joke.
View Quote

Im in that boat. I pay $1585.75 a month for mortgage. I will be paying $1869.00 per month for Afordable Zero Care

ETA: currently paying $316 a month for blue cross PPO
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

That actually IS Bush's fault.

Patriot act gave NSA the ability to read Justice Roberts emails and phone calls, where they discovered his illegal adptions, which Obama used to blackmail him into changing his vote Obamacare

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, Welcome to hell
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Patriot act gave NSA the ability to read Justice Roberts emails and phone calls, where they discovered his illegal adptions, which Obama used to blackmail him into changing his vote Obamacare

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn,
This really was Bush's fault.
Who appointed him!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It kind of is.  Congress passed Obamacare with individual penalty for not having an acceptable level of insurance.  SCOTUS found that this penalty should have been a tax, so they scraped Obamacare and re-implemented Obamacare (Tax Edition) by a 5-4 vote.  Still not sure how that works.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I didn't ski as much or play lacrosse, I would definitely just take the penalty. But, injuries in those activities can cost a boat load. I broke my ribs this year skiing, and it cost $1340. Insurance covered the last $40 . But, I am okay with that. I knew what I was buying. I got a quote on the NY obamabullshit website a week ago, and it said for similar/worse insurance to what I have now, would cost $3346 per year. But, I would get $2850 subsidized by all you nice GD folk!!! I pay $900 per year right now. Are you fucking kidding me. I knew this law was going to fuck us all. But, I didn't think it would fuck us this hard. There are going to be a lot of people like me the rest of the country will have to pay for. I don't make that much money (because the place I work for won't take full time employees due to obamafuckhimshitcare), but I refuse to apply for foodstamps , nor take unemployment when I got laid off. I got another fucking job and didn't buy as much beer. Fuck. I almost/maybe ranted a little bit. Need more beer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Im in that boat. I pay $1585.75 a month for mortgage. I will be paying $1869.00 per month for Afordable Zero Care

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same deal. I am on the HMBC PPO plan. It's fantastic. FBHO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep!!
FBHO
FJR
MOFO !!

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're forgetting the billions in China that are trying to sign up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds about right.

One of our recent retiree pays $1,800.00 a month for medical for that "free" medical they give all us cops.

I'm only working for health insurance right now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#27]
BTW, I just read on a random website, you can be exempted from penalties if you have religious objections.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

buying the demonrats excuses I see.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Can you sign up w/o giving up too much info? I'd like to see how much difference it is from what I have now for S&G.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can you sign up w/o giving up too much info? I'd like to see how much difference it is from what I have now for S&G.
View Quote

they won't even let you see rates or plans without lifting up the skirts and giving them all your info.

you can see some rates on this page:

https://data.healthcare.gov/dataset/QHP-Individual-Medical-Landscape/ba45-xusy

it only shows a few age/family bands, but you can take the single 27 year old column and adjust it to a different age by taking the factors from page 7 of this file:

http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/market-reforms-guidance-2-25-2013.pdf

so for example if the 27 year old rate is $100 from the first link, adjust it to a 35 year old by taking

$100 * 35 year old factor / 27 year old factor

or 100 * 1.222 / 1.048 = 116.60

then to build up to a family rate you add a rate for each adult, plus rates for at most three children.

Ie. if you have a mom and dad and five kids, it would be mom rate + data rate + 3x child rate

if you have mom and dad and two kids, it would be mom rate + data rate + 2x child rate

I'll assume your nonsmokers. if you are a smoker, rates will be higher. it would be unethical, but low risk to lie and say your not a smoker. the only thing you risk for getting caught is being forced to make up the difference on premiums.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#31]
You know what we should do about obamacare... invade Cuba...
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

they won't even let you see rates or plans without lifting up the skirts and giving them all your info.

it only shows a few age/family bands, but you can take the single 27 year old column and adjust it to a different age by taking the factors from page 7 of this file:

http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/market-reforms-guidance-2-25-2013.pdf

so for example if the 27 year old rate is $100 from the first link, adjust it to a 35 year old by taking

then to build up to a family rate you add a rate for each adult, plus rates for at most three children.

Ie. if you have a mom and dad and five kids, it would be mom rate + data rate + 3x child rate

if you have mom and dad and two kids, it would be mom rate + data rate + 2x child rate

I'll assume your nonsmokers. if you are a smoker, rates will be higher. it would be unethical, but low risk to lie and say your not a smoker. the only thing you risk for getting caught is being forced to make up the difference on premiums.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  Thanks I'm going to check that out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#33]
{trim some quotes}

If I didn't ski as much or play lacrosse, I would definitely just take the penalty. But, injuries in those activities can cost a boat load. I broke my ribs this year skiing, and it cost $1340. Insurance covered the last $40 . But, I am okay with that. I knew what I was buying. I got a quote on the NY obamabullshit website a week ago, and it said for similar/worse insurance to what I have now, would cost $3346 per year. But, I would get $2850 subsidized by all you nice GD folk!!! I pay $900 per year right now. Are you fucking kidding me. I knew this law was going to fuck us all. But, I didn't think it would fuck us this hard. There are going to be a lot of people like me the rest of the country will have to pay for. I don't make that much money (because the place I work for won't take full time employees due to obamafuckhimshitcare), but I refuse to apply for foodstamps , nor take unemployment when I got laid off. I got another fucking job and didn't buy as much beer. Fuck. I almost/maybe ranted a little bit. Need more beer.
View Quote

I see 2 activities that will soon be illegal.

All in the name of better health insurance of course.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny that Carney was asked today how many ppl signed up thus far....his reply was that they don't know yet.... hiding the fact that only 4 have signed up...FOUR.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm holding out for as long as I can... until they threaten to hit my pocket.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Heard only 700k people signed up in Ca. Pretty far cry from a population of 40 million. One state backeast (forget which one) said they had 0 sign up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder what the NSA dug up on Chief Justice Roberts to make him change his mind on the ruling?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

usually you can find details on the plan designs by checking out the website of the company offering the plan. most have detail on their 2014 plans up already.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I wonder what the NSA dug up on Chief Justice Roberts to make him change his mind on the ruling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they probably just used old fashioned death threats.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's Klintons fault.  He had bin laden but was to worried about blowjobs and raping to take care of the problem.  No bin laden, no 9/11/ no patriot act/ no NSA on Roberts.  May the drippings of a prison gang rape be upon all of their heads.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm not paying for it and I'm not paying the fucking penalty. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard they caught him in an inappropriate relationship with a penguin.  the photos are not pretty.

seriously, Obama must have had some strong stuff to flip him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Reports on the news tonight reported 1 person signed up in North Carolina, 0 in Louisiana .  Less than 3,000 in Kentucky and 7,700 in California.  The Administration will not release figures and they are taking the website down as no one can get through on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not paying for it and I'm not paying the fucking penalty. Fuck em.
View Quote

Uncle Sam will take it from you, whether you allow them or not.  Not sending a check is not going to deter them from levying your bank account.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not paying them anything
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#46]
It is the law without laws there is anarchy!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm not paying them anything
View Quote

Pay or be counted.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#48]
If I understand this...If I leave my employer, I will pay a little over $900 a month for family healthcare.

Right now, I pay 225 for my family healthcare.

Yeah, sounds real affordable.

How the hell did this get shoved down our throats?????
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#49]
In Connecticut — where ObamaCare was predicted to send prices for individual policies soaring — 498 residents had completed applications for coverage as of midday Thursday, out of 85,000 unique visitors to the Access Health CT Web site and another 4,000 calls to its help line, spokesman Jason Madrak said.
View Quote

Officials say 366 people signed up for health insurance plans through the new marketplace Rhode Island has launched to carry out President Obama's Affordable Care Act on its first two days of operation.

HealthSource RI spokeswoman Dara Chadwick told WPRI.com 2,089 people have created accounts on the agency's insurance-buying portal, and 366 of them successfully completed an application. Those 366 individuals either already paid or have a payment pending.
View Quote

Meanwhile, Kentucky was leading the pack, with 8,309 completed applications representing 6.2 percent of the 117,954 unique visitors to the Kynect Web site and 15,239 calls to its help line as of Thursday morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top