Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you spot the cop?  

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The guy in green on top of the pedestal.

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can do better than that.

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's in the archived threads somewhere. Best part was when a member here stated I didn't know what I was talking about and I then had to inform him that I was on scene for the incident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen off-duty NYPD cops lauded in the news, though. A couple of yrs ago a female officer stopped a robbery at a hair salon by shooting the gun out of the perp's hand, in Queens, I think?
More recently an off-duty officer tried to stop a mugging, got shot, and killed at least 1 bad guy. He got promoted to detective while still in the hospital, IIRC.

Yeah the guy I worked with was lauded in the news too when behind the scenes the department wanted to fuck him.
Btw, that incident with the female cop happened in my precinct and the story told in the news was nowhere near reality.

Aw c'mon man, you're gonna make me ask for the story?

It's in the archived threads somewhere. Best part was when a member here stated I didn't know what I was talking about and I then had to inform him that I was on scene for the incident.

This one?

http://m.lawofficer.com/article/news/nypd-promotes-officer-involved
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"Not choosing to engage" is not the same as chasing a man down at 100mph with a gang of felons. How do you think he got to the scene of the assault? He was part of the wolf pack.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been explained what happens to off duty NYPD officers if they choose to engage.  Saving the driver from serious injury would be irrelevant, he would have exposed the city to liability by taking unauthorized action against the highwaymen.
"Not choosing to engage" is not the same as chasing a man down at 100mph with a gang of felons. How do you think he got to the scene of the assault? He was part of the wolf pack.  

Agreed. The question was, why wouldn't he take law enforcement action. Another question is, what was he doing on that ride, and why was he part of the group that chased the ranger rover down.

Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen off-duty NYPD cops lauded in the news, though. A couple of yrs ago a female officer stopped a robbery at a hair salon by shooting the gun out of the perp's hand, in Queens, I think?
More recently an off-duty officer tried to stop a mugging, got shot, and killed at least 1 bad guy. He got promoted to detective while still in the hospital, IIRC.

Yeah the guy I worked with was lauded in the news too when behind the scenes the department wanted to fuck him.
Btw, that incident with the female cop happened in my precinct and the story told in the news was nowhere near reality.

Aw c'mon man, you're gonna make me ask for the story?

This one?
http://m.lawofficer.com/article/news/nypd-promotes-officer-involved

Yep. I love the part about her "stunning marksmanship".
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Police Union Complaining About Cops Being Disciplined In SUV Case.

The arrest came as the head of the NYPD detectives union ripped police brass for disciplining an undercover cop who refused to expose his true identity and help Lien and his family.

The unidentified detective, who is assigned to the NYPD’s Intelligence Division, was placed on desk duty and forced to surrender his weapon and shield after opting to watch the motorcycle-mob beatdown without helping the victim, police sources said.
View Quote

“It’s difficult to lead a double life,” said Detectives’ Endowment Association President Michael Palladino. “Even Clark Kent had difficulty hiding the fact that he was Superman.”

The detective feared blowing his hard-earned street cred, sources said.
View Quote

There was no disputing that the undercover delayed his admission to bosses about the incident for several days — as a second detective may also have done, the sources said.
View Quote

Police investigators know the officers belong to motorcycle clubs involved in the weekend ride — including the Front Line Soldiers MC, based in New Rochelle, Westchester County.
View Quote

One of the detectives was arrested earlier in the year for assaulting his girlfriend who is an assistant district attorney in Queens, according to sources.
View Quote

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/undercover-biker-watched-beating-desk-duty-sources-article-1.1477174
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
He wouldn't of been disciplined if he had come forward immediately.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If he attempted to help the family he might have gotten run over.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If he attempted to help the family he might have gotten run over.
View Quote

Less likely at the beat down point.  Just stay off to the side of the SUV and pull the biker scum away.

There was no need to ID himself as a cop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Yep. I love the part about her "stunning marksmanship".

Yeah, that's the one. I remember thinking at the time, a) there's no way she shot the gun out of the obamason's hand, and then shot the knob off the door of the salon to "prevent his escape"
and b) the perp had some kind of SAA clone.
Can you post the link to the thread, or give us the tldr version?
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wonder what the officers would have done to Range Rover guy if he had used his handgun to protect his family.  Stand idly by or mag dump his ass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's been explained what happens to off duty NYPD officers if they choose to engage.  Saving the driver from serious injury would be irrelevant, he would have exposed the city to liability by taking unauthorized action against the highwaymen.

This, fuck that noise

I wonder what the officers would have done to Range Rover guy if he had used his handgun to protect his family.  Stand idly by or mag dump his ass?

cant own a handgun in nyc let alone carry one that is why the crowd had a pair of balls. If that would of happen in lets say FL or TX there would of been a different news report that night.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can you post the link to the thread, or give us the tldr version?
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1106197_Hair_salon_robbery_while_off_duty_is_getting_hair_done.html&light=Off%7Cduty
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The redhead?

Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The redhead?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The redhead?

You know damn well who the "Blue Knights " are.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top