[#2]
He's undercover for a reason.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If he was undercover that day he would not have been off duty, would have done something, calling in back up and he would not have waited three days to inform his superiors.  Thug biker cop, fessed up when he got scared he would be IDed.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off duty participants, bystanders, or undercover agents is the question to be answered.  If they are members of these criminal gangs, they should be fired or even charged appropriately.

These are not exactly happy go lucky motorcycle clubs.

I love this part:

"He didn’t want to blow his cover,” said the source — though the cop was not investigating the group of bikers.

Yea riiiiight asshole.

If he was really an undercover cop on duty, as one would be in such a situation, then he should of intervened.  But I am going to guess he wasn't.
If he was undercover that day he would not have been off duty, would have done something, calling in back up and he would not have waited three days to inform his superiors.  Thug biker cop, fessed up when he got scared he would be IDed.  

Agreed.  Looks like a bad cop who likes to run with thugs on his days off.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]

don't lump all of us with them and hide behind the fact you use'ta had a bike a while ago.
View Quote

Not lumping anyone together or "hiding" behind the fact that I rode a bike.These guys were thugs plain and simple out to stir up shit

on a public roadway endangering folks with their "stunts"Most of their bikes/riders were seemingly unlicensed

or flat out not street legal like the quads and dirtbikes etc. the guy that was run over dressing up like the joker makeup and all in the one

pic that was posted doesnst help his cause much..why are any legitimate sport bikers so sensitive about these idiots?
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/10/run_over_mass_biker_has_long_criminal_record

Yeah he's "representing" real well!

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did you read the article? He was off duty and did not tell work about it for three days. He was not involved in an investigation, he was scooting around with turds on his day off.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, haven't you been familiarized yet?

Where is NorCal?
Did you read the article? He was off duty and did not tell work about it for three days. He was not involved in an investigation, he was scooting around with turds on his day off.  

associating with felons?

bad bad ju-ju
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

associating with felons?
bad bad ju-ju
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, haven't you been familiarized yet?
Where is NorCal?

associating with felons?
bad bad ju-ju

The not coming forward is what will be his undoing, a la the NYPD's infamous Paul Heidelberger incident.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I rode sport bikes too, this is the black version of Pagans, Hells Angels, Vandals etc, not a bunch of fun loving guys out for a toot on their bikes.  
View Quote

Actually the Wheels of Soul would be closer to that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Groups of four or five guys in leathers is one thing.

Packs of guys in jeans, casual shoes and a chest protector over a t-shirt is something else. They are to be avoided at all costs in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is that a black gang?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I rode sport bikes too, this is the black version of Pagans, Hells Angels, Vandals etc, not a bunch of fun loving guys out for a toot on their bikes.  

Actually the Wheels of Soul would be closer to that.
Is that a black gang?

Yeah, black 1%ers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't lump all of us with them and hide behind the fact you use'ta had a bike a while ago.

Not lumping anyone together or "hiding" behind the fact that I rode a bike.These guys were thugs plain and simple out to stir up shit
on a public roadway endangering folks with their "stunts"Most of their bikes/riders were seemingly unlicensed
or flat out not street legal like the quads and dirtbikes etc. the guy that was run over dressing up like the joker makeup and all in the one
pic that was posted doesnst help his cause much..why are any legitimate sport bikers so sensitive about these idiots?    

well sort of, but more like all the Extras from every crummy rap video ever made got together to "ride" their crappy spare parts-bikes with the intent of fucking up every one else's day

(I'm still sort of in disbelief of how many people have no clue what this story is about)
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mr. Lien is very lucky one of the bikers he ran over was not an LEO.
View Quote

That's a really good point.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's been explained what happens to off duty NYPD officers if they choose to engage.  Saving the driver from serious injury would be irrelevant, he would have exposed the city to liability by taking unauthorized action against the highwaymen.
View Quote

My department told us that too, that night I got involved with stopping a theft... I filed a report and daed them to do anything, Protect and Serve is 24/7
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It sounds like "undercover" is what he was calling it to cover his ass from getting in deep shit for being in a biker gang that is full of law breaking and violent assholes while he participates in said lawbreaking activities.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah a NYC DA would run to file charges because of the hurt off-duty cop.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I posted in another thread the fact that when I lived in Cali I would see real "outlaw gangs" a few times on poker runs Hells Angels/Outlaws/Bandidos

and they always just cruised around everyone and went on their ways without causing anyone problems. Like I said I have way more respect

for those guys the so called 1%r's then these sportbike idiots.And FWIW I used to ride a Kawi sportbike.  
View Quote

I've ridden next to Hells Angels while on my bike here in the city. I left them alone, they left me alone it was a complete non event.

I ride a BMW.

In fairness though I've also gotten off work in the middle of the night and stoped at a 7-11 right near where I used to live in queens next a bunch of guys on R1's and I would walk outside throw the center stand  down and relax on my bike for a few minutes next to those guys as well, and just shoot the shit before finishing my ride home.

they were completely fine to be around, but I have no idea if they had any affiliation they were just a couple of dudes riding r1's in the middle of the night.

I think its the gang mentality of being 200 riders strong that changes the entire way people act

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It sounds like "undercover" is what he was calling it to cover his ass from getting in deep shit for being in a biker gang that is full of law breaking and violent assholes while he participates in said lawbreaking activities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone really believe that the so called cops involved with these trash riders will get anything more than some time off??

A weak slap on the wrist atmost.

GD
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My department told us that two, that night I got involved with stopping a theft... I filed a report and daed them to do anything, Protect and Serve is 24/7
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's been explained what happens to off duty NYPD officers if they choose to engage.  Saving the driver from serious injury would be irrelevant, he would have exposed the city to liability by taking unauthorized action against the highwaymen.

My department told us that two, that night I got involved with stopping a theft... I filed a report and daed them to do anything, Protect and Serve is 24/7

Depends upon who you talk to.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Protect and Serve is 24/7
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be less scared of the law than I would be scared of the cops.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I mean he could have gotten shot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I posted in another thread the fact that when I lived in Cali I would see real "outlaw gangs" a few times on poker runs Hells Angels/Outlaws/Bandidos
and they always just cruised around everyone and went on their ways without causing anyone problems. Like I said I have way more respect
for those guys the so called 1%r's then these sportbike idiots.And FWIW I used to ride a Kawi sportbike.  
View Quote

I've never had any problems with real bikers like the ones you've mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I've ridden next to Hells Angels while on my bike here in the city. I left them alone, they left me alone it was a complete non event.

I ride a BMW.

In fairness though I've also gotten off work in the middle of the night and stoped at a 7-11 right near where I used to live in queens next a bunch of guys on R1's and I would walk outside throw the center stand  down and relax on my bike for a few minutes next to those guys as well, and just shoot the shit before finishing my ride home.

they were completely fine to be around, but I have no idea if they had any affiliation they were just a couple of dudes riding r1's in the middle of the night.

I think its the gang mentality of being 200 riders strong that changes the entire way people act

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I ride a BMW.

DING!
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thug biker is lucky Mr. Lien didn't have a gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#29]
On CNN, @0800p, Anderson Flamer will be interviewing one of the civilians who attempted to help mr. Lien in wash. hgts.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think even the NYPD has members that dumb but hey, you never know. We all know what happens when you shoot at a motorist that strikes you with their vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I don't think even the NYPD has members that dumb but hey, you never know. We all know what happens when you shoot at a motorist that strikes you with their vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Their whole machine went into action to covers this retard's ass. Including intimidation and harassment.

I'm dubious of NYC being a whole lot better.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicago-police-found-guilty-covering-bartender-beating/story?id=17716840

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is at least one dumb enough:

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my neighbors is NYPD. He told me he carries everywhere, incl. "gun-free-zones" and when he goes out drinking.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant shooting at a vehicle. They sent that message loud and clear.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
One of my neighbors is NYPD. He told me he carries everywhere, incl. "gun-free-zones" and when he goes out drinking.
View Quote

Go to the bar up the block from my house and it will be filled with drunk armed off-duty cops every night.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Undercover and off-duty cops were among the bikers that chased Alexian Lien and his family. Lien, tried to flee angry motorcyclists who attacked his vehicle. They later caught up with him, beating and stabbing the man in front of his family.

A pair of NYPD detectives rode last weekend with the motorcycle mob that battered a Manhattan dad as his terrified family watched, a source told the Daily News.

The two cops apparently waited several days after Sunday’s brutal assault before informing supervisors about their involvement in the high-profile case, the source said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/celebrity-lawyer-gloria-allred-represents-biker-injured-suv-driver-attacked-upper-manhattan-article-1.1476093

Well that explains the beat down.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy loose cannon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean that guy in Queens, right? It was his batchelor party, and he tried to run down a couple of undercover cops? Did those guys go to jail? I remember they named a street after the "victim".
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I must thank and applaud Extorris for his frank and honest appraisal of the condition of law enforcement in NYC.   Not just in this thread, but others as well.  How or if we project that same assessment to our more local LE agencies remains for each of us to decide individually.  

Human nature at its core is self serving.  Instead of finding fault with the NYPD, I realize the flaw is more endemic.  The same mentality exists at all levels of government and law enforcement.  It all comes down to greed and lust for power.  It is why our government is as fucked up as it is.  It is why things will not get better, but we are headed for decline.

The lesson is to not put your full faith in your local LE.  They are limited by manpower as well as the human nature part.  Find family and friends where your trust is not wasted.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.  All those close by were perceived as a threat.  If it had been the Commissioner....too bad.  Don't ride with thugs who attack innocent people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Protect and Serve is 24/7
View Quote

Apparently not with the NYPD.  At least not on a nice Sunday afternoon and when a bunch of biker thugs are involved.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You mean that guy in Queens, right? It was his batchelor party, and he tried to run down a couple of undercover cops? Did those guys go to jail? I remember they named a street after the "victim".
View Quote

Acquitted at trial, one fired, and the others forced to resign.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The lesson is to not put your full faith in your local LE.  They are limited by manpower as well as the human nature part.  Find family and friends where your trust is not wasted.  
View Quote

This.
In this area at least.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I ride a BMW.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ride a BMW.

I've gone on big rides with a bunch of clubs down to Belle Isle and there is a pretty wide variety of people there. Some of the guys are shitheads, most are just guys out for a ride and looking to pick up some pussy. I would expect this was similar. You get a few instigators, a few caught up in it, and a lot of folks milling around not really sure what's going on.Odds are quite a few bailed before things got too far out of hand.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've been quiet thru this whole story, but I have to make the point that this wasn't just any group of sportbikes. It was a group of motorcycles period. Some were dirt bikes, some were streetbikes, many were either stolen, not street legal in the first place, or had the plates removed. This was a Black Urban Biker Gang, not adrenalin junkies out on their fast toys for a thrill.

These guys were thugs on bikes, no other way to describe it. I ride fast with large numbers of bikes on occasion and we manage not to fuck with anyone or make trouble. Some large cities have problems with these bike riding hood rats, don't lump all of us with them and hide behind the fact you use'ta had a bike a while ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted in another thread the fact that when I lived in Cali I would see real "outlaw gangs" a few times on poker runs Hells Angels/Outlaws/Bandidio

I've been quiet thru this whole story, but I have to make the point that this wasn't just any group of sportbikes. It was a group of motorcycles period. Some were dirt bikes, some were streetbikes, many were either stolen, not street legal in the first place, or had the plates removed. This was a Black Urban Biker Gang, not adrenalin junkies out on their fast toys for a thrill.

These guys were thugs on bikes, no other way to describe it. I ride fast with large numbers of bikes on occasion and we manage not to fuck with anyone or make trouble. Some large cities have problems with these bike riding hood rats, don't lump all of us with them and hide behind the fact you use'ta had a bike a while ago.

If you wear a vest with a 3 piece patch while riding with your crew, then you are representing as a gang.  May not be your intention, but when you ride fast, break laws, are patched and try to look menacing, you will be looked at as a gang.

I have been involved with investigating and intelligence gathering of motorcycle gangs over the years and although I understand the allure of them to your average motorcycle rider, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to imitate them once they see what they really are.  I believe Sons of Anarchy has created a huge poser movement of gangster bikers, especially in the black community which has exploded with urban biker gangs riding Jap bikes and acting like street gangs on 2 wheels.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Just saw on my local news, there were 5 NYPD cops in the group of bikers, and "several" corrections officers. 2 of them were off-duty detectives, who witnessed the beating in wash. hgts., and did not attempt to stop it.

Also, Mr helmet-smash, Reginald Chance, just turned himself in to the 33rd pct.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.
In this area at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
In this area at least.

I am very fortunate.
Where I live and work, the local and state LEOs are for the most part, pretty solid guys.
If you treat them with respect, they'll treat you the same.
I've seen WVDPS troopers putting hand cuffed prisoners into the back of their cruisers, calling them "Sir".

Now, if you fuck with them, they'll fuck you back. Badly.
You don't want to be on the receiving end of their fucking.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And the answer again is yes.

Unless you think all cops deserve to get their asses kicked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, and to think the question comes up here now and again "would you step in to help a cop getting beat up?".

Only the ones who deserve it, pal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, and to think the question comes up here now and again "would you step in to help a cop getting beat up?".

And how do you decide whether the guy getting beat deserves it? Do you ask his assailant to pause so you can develop a quick background eval?

I'm not your pal, friend.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Doesn't anyone have problem with the fact that the Bloomberg police received over 200 911 calls about the gang. <= I'm quoting the commissioner himself.  
But not one cop car showed up to do something before the gang started doing stupid Sh*t and things got out of hand?

I'm glad I don't live in NYC...Nice job Bloomberg!  Keep up with your anti-gun crusade and we'll see how that goes.
Incompetent police commissioner, even let the thug punching the car window go...stating he was trying to help the wife and kids.

Say,  Wouldn't pulling the fellow biker away from the SUV be more helpful?  I don't see how punching car window would help...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top