BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It ain't why *I* watch them. Hell, I have to get my wife to translate them so I don't have to look at the subtitles.
View Quote

Dude just mute the TV. Who cares what they're saying.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is probably a good time to point out that I'm female?
View Quote

My point remains.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My point remains.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point remains.

Well, the charms of Sebastian Rulli, Jorge Salinas and Fernando Colunga, as considerable as they are, are not enough on their own for me to keep watching . . . so Spanish comprehension it is!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Are white men portrayed as idiots in commercials? Yes.

Do I give a fuck? No.

This is the same victim class mentality that I hate in others so why would I partake in it?

Grow a pair and move on. Kill your TV if you hate it so much.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Comedians are the same way, its ok to make fun of whites in your act...but be a white comedian and start talking about blacks and watch out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We must use vastly different news outlets. I don't see any more undertones of racism (either way, really) in crime reports here in Houston. Nor did I see them in any of the other metroplis sized cities I lived in, nor any of the small towns, nor either of the two other countries I spent years living in.

Like I said, if you're hyper-vigilant and looking for slights against "your kind" at every turn, you'll find them, whether or not they actually exist. Race-baiters of every hue having been using that tactic to great effect for centuries.

And, again, if you need popular culture to "stick up" for your brand, it's obviously got at least something a little wrong with it to start with. Good shit sells itself.
View Quote

Let's just pretend the President didn't project his opinion on local events involving black vs white.  

Everyone's life experiences differ.  I recall a time as far back as ~1985/86 in College Park, Georgia, 6 black teens robbed and beat a 14yo white boy to death as he was walking home from his job as dish washer at his church's Wednesday night dinner.  This took place 2 blocks from my house.  The local media ignored the story of the murder, which resulted in a klan group (have fun with that) protesting at city hall about the lack of media coverage.  However, the media did cover the klan protest and reported it as a "recruitment drive" and still neglected to report the murder.

I don't expect pop culture to "stick up for my brand" but we've covered that already.

And for the record, I saw the commercial the OP was referring to and laughed out loud at the joke.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think the Allstate commercials with the black man's voice dubbed over the white people is particularly offensive.
Especially the one with the ten year old girl in it. That's just fuckin obscene
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the Allstate commercials with the black man's voice dubbed over the white people is particularly offensive.
Especially the one with the ten year old girl in it. That's just fuckin obscene

That's what I thought too. I guess James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader's voice is obscene as well?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Though I will admit that if loving Jorge Salinas and Sebastian Rulli is wrong, I don't want to be right!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(except for my telenovelas, for help with Spanish comprehension)

Riiiiiiiight.

Why else? That's a common reason why gringos watch those shows.

It ain't why *I* watch them. Hell, I have to get my wife to translate them so I don't have to look at the subtitles.

Though I will admit that if loving Jorge Salinas and Sebastian Rulli is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Who let you out of the kitchen?!

I keed! I keed!

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Let's just pretend the President didn't project his opinion on local events involving black vs white.  

Everyone's life experiences differ.  I recall a time as far back as ~1985/86 in College Park, Georgia, 6 black teens robbed and beat a 14yo white boy to death as he was walking home from his job as dish washer at his church's Wednesday night dinner.  This took place 2 blocks from my house.  The local media ignored the story of the murder, which resulted in a klan group (have fun with that) protesting at city hall about the lack of media coverage.  However, the media did cover the klan protest and reported it as a "recruitment drive" and still neglected to report the murder.

I don't expect pop culture to "stick up for my brand" but we've covered that already.

And for the record, I saw the commercial the OP was referring to and laughed out loud at the joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must use vastly different news outlets. I don't see any more undertones of racism (either way, really) in crime reports here in Houston. Nor did I see them in any of the other metroplis sized cities I lived in, nor any of the small towns, nor either of the two other countries I spent years living in.

Like I said, if you're hyper-vigilant and looking for slights against "your kind" at every turn, you'll find them, whether or not they actually exist. Race-baiters of every hue having been using that tactic to great effect for centuries.

And, again, if you need popular culture to "stick up" for your brand, it's obviously got at least something a little wrong with it to start with. Good shit sells itself.

So, your hypothesis is that a Klan rally is more newsworthy than a robbery turned murder, in Georgia, a hot bed of racial tension. You extrapolate that observation to a world-view that says the news doesn't report crimes comitted by black people against white people. All the while simultaneously ignoring the multitude of stories about black people comitting crimes against white people, one of which YOU posted in this very thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
And just because i haz a spoon.... Was watching TV last night with the sammich maker and saw a commerical for BlackPeopleMeet.com.  I would like to see someone make a DateWhitePeople.com website and see how fast they get ambushed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Read "Bias".  It talks about that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This is a completely original thread.

What a mind-blowing topic.

It has opened my eyes to a level of butthurt I must study and work hard to achieve some day.
View Quote

I hope the link to your invigorating thread is in the monthly newsletter.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I prefer the TV shows with diminuitive female heroines who belong on Dana White's undercard.

That's "moving on up".
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, your hypothesis is that a Klan rally is more newsworthy than a robbery turned murder, in Georgia, a hot bed of racial tension. You extrapolate that observation to a world-view that says the news doesn't report crimes comitted by black people against white people. All the while simultaneously ignoring the multitude of stories about black people comitting crimes against white people, one of which YOU posted in this very thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either I'm misreading your comment or you misread mine.  

Anyway, I'm stating the murder of the white kid was never reported at any point.  The only reason I know it occurred was because it happened in my neighborhood.  The media however, gleefully reported the KKK protest as a recruiting drive.  I can only assume the media chose to report it in that manner because they would have to admit that the KKK was exposing media bias.  This is a small, insignificant point on the grand scheme of things, but it was my personal eye opening experience as to the way the world turns.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anyway, I'm stating the murder of the white kid was never reported at any point.  The only reason I know it occurred was because it happened in my neighborhood.  The media however, gleefully reported the KKK protest as a recruiting drive.  I can only assume the media chose to report it in that manner because they would have to admit that the KKK was exposing media bias.  This is a small, insignificant point on the grand scheme of things, but it was my personal eye opening experience as to the way the world turns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so we're on the same page: Am I to understand that you think "the media" willfully ignored a story because the assailants were black and the victim was white and the only reason they covered the Klan protest was because the Klan is full of white people?

You don't find it more even a bit more plausible that a robbery turned murder is just kinda "business as usual" in some media circles (like Atlanta in the mid-eighties) where a large gathering of the most infamous white supremacist group (again, just outside Atlanta, Ga.) might be "out of the ordinary" and therefore "news-worthy?"

And *that* was part of your formative information to reach your opinion on how the media in this country works?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I am sickitated
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#18]
It has been going on now for about 40 years and white men have tolerated it.

It must therefor be accurate.....white men are stupid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It has been going on now for about 40 years and white men have tolerated it.

It must therefor be accurate.....white men are stupid.
View Quote

Nah, we just don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just so we're on the same page: Am I to understand that you think "the media" willfully ignored a story because the assailants were black and the victim was white and the only reason they covered the Klan protest was because the Klan is full of white people?

You don't find it more even a bit more plausible that a robbery turned murder is just kinda "business as usual" in some media circles (like Atlanta in the mid-eighties) where a large gathering of the most infamous white supremacist group (again, just outside Atlanta, Ga.) might be "out of the ordinary" and therefore "news-worthy?"

And *that* was part of your formative information to reach your opinion on how the media in this country works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murder in metro Atlanta is an everyday affair and only the extreme or unusual cases are reported. The beating death of a 14yo boy by a roving gang of teens, while common today, was not an everday affair in that day and certainly news worthy. But who am I to judge?  However, when the stated intent of the klan protest was to highlight media bias and the media failed to report that important bit of information...  it seems pretty obvious to me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Murder in metro Atlanta is an everyday affair and only the extreme or unusual cases are reported. The beating death of a 14yo boy by a roving gang of teens, while common today, was not an everday affair in that day and certainly news worthy. But who am I to judge?  However, when the stated intent of the klan protest was to highlight media bias and the media failed to report that important bit of information...  it seems pretty obvious to me.
View Quote

You're looking at the world through some oddly rose colored glasses. Crime (particularly violent crime) in 1985 was an order of magnitude worse than it is today. In fact, violent crime rates are currently HALF what they were just 20 years ago.

As to the media not "correctly" covering the stated "cause" of a Klan gathering, I can't really say I'd take the Klan at their word, either.

You seem to be attaching a whole lot of meaning to something seemingly inconsequential. Normally that, alone, would bug me but, you're using that as a basis to find a "bias" in an area that just doesn't objectively exist.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#23]
They're the least butthurtable target, and utterly safe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You're looking at the world through some oddly rose colored glasses. Crime (particularly violent crime) in 1985 was an order of magnitude worse than it is today. In fact, violent crime rates are currently HALF what they were just 20 years ago.

As to the media not "correctly" covering the stated "cause" of a Klan gathering, I can't really say I'd take the Klan at their word, either.

You seem to be attaching a whole lot of meaning to something seemingly inconsequential. Normally that, alone, would bug me but, you're using that as a basis to find a "bias" in an area that just doesn't objectively exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

CoC violation for me to say ,but they run the media
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because it's a break from reality.   Reality is, European peoples have conquered the world over.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seems like every time I watch TV, there are some commercials that make white guys look stupid. "Everyone knows Old McDonald wasn't a very good speller..." then he can't spell the word "Cow".  

View Quote

Some commercials?  Some??

In every single commercial the white guy is the clueless idiot.  The Black person is the cool one, and the woman is the wise one.  Every commercial, save those that are explicitly directed at men, and even then...
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As the rep from HR told the room during one of the mandatory diversity training classes: "White, single, male and straight?  You don't have any sort of protective class designation."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
As the rep from HR told the room during one of the mandatory diversity training classes: "White, single, male and straight?  You don't have any sort of protective class designation."

Who needs it?

I have [drumroll]...................WHITE PRIVILEGE!

Quoted:
Is this a serious question?  Just look at this place and you will see a huge collection of stupid white men.  From the basement dwellers that just drool and stare at hot women to the people saying "it's my right to fondle my AR15 in Starbucks but I can't understand why the public keeps voting for anti-gun people".  You have the guy that posted a video of himself driving on the shoulder to pass a woman and cuss her out.  The free pressure washer guy.  How many threads have we had where a guy was clueless about his S/O and she went to a pool party, cuddle party or whatever.  People have had their deck catch on fire from grilling.  People have accidentally shot themselves.

Basically anything you see on TV about stupid men has already happened to someone here and there is a thread about it.

And we're in the upper quintile of intelligence.
Imagine what's it's like out in the world.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

this thread suggests otherwise
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Because there are a lot of racists, and sexists individuals individuals that say "get over it".  When in reality they are just happy it inn't them being portrayed in that light, and would damn sure be upset if it was.  in all reality they dont necessarily have ot racist, but they are just looking out for number one.

Secondly, guilty white betas in our society enable it.  How do I identify these people?  They are generally white, who see no problem with other cultures and ethnicity having organizations that promote their interests, but do not see the need for White people and Christians to do the same...In reality their stomach turns at the thought of conflict, which is why they are betas.  Another attribute I find common is the lack of children.  Therefor they live in the here and now, and do not necessarily care where this is all leading.

Both of the above have reached critical mass, so I hope that answers your question OP.

A couple things I would like to note based on previous posts:

1) White males are no where close to a majority in this country.  35% max, and dropping fast.
2) Many of the "white owners" in media spouted in this thread are certainly not white, and do not identify as such.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This. I can count in one hand what positive things minorities have contributed to the modern world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because it's a break from reality.   Reality is, European peoples have conquered the world over.

This. I can count in one hand what positive things minorities have contributed to the modern world.

Our local liberal rag struggles mightily during "Hispanic Heritage Month" to come up with decent role models....so they run articles on "1st Hispanic Librarian" and !st gay latino on city council type fluff stories.

I've caught them several times using stories about people with Spanish sounding names that turned out to be white Europeans. They don't like it when I point it out and they pull the stories and then delete my comment or account.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Look at the Cox cable commercials. The white guy is a blubbering moron, and the black guy is the calm, intelligent, sane one.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you quit school after the first grade?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I generally let comments that glaringly stupid and full of ignorance go. I figure nobody could possibly be that stupid so it has to be satire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Look at the Cox cable commercials. The white guy is a blubbering moron, and the black guy is the calm, intelligent, sane one.

View Quote

Ever seen the original episode of All in the Family?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Uh because we let them?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All talk by a vocal minority.

Sadly, there are plenty of metrosexual half males actually believe they're dumber than everybody else because they had the misfortune to be born white...
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#38]
because white folk dont scream and cry and complain every time something may or may not be derogatory and just sit back and take it
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
because white folk dont scream and cry and complain every time something may or may not be derogatory and just sit back and take it
View Quote

You know how I know you didn't read the original post or about 3/4 of the replies to it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
TV? the GD does a better job. Hence this pussy ass thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Comedians are the same way, its ok to make fun of whites in your act...but be a white comedian and start talking about blacks and watch out.
View Quote

Do you watch TV? Tosh, dude from the soup all make jokes at the expense of blacks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got a point there.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#43]
The only thing worse than black people crying about imaginary racial persecution is when white people do it.

Just because some television program or advertisement shows a dumbass white guy doesn't mean it's an attempt to brainwash people into hating white people.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
This too and the worst part is if white people tried to form an organization it would instantly get labeled as a Nazi or white supremacist group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No NAACP for whites and no NOW (National Organization for Women) for men. It's that simple.  Even the Muslims now have their own organization of professional whiners, The Islamic Council, to complain EVERYTIME anything portrays them as anything less than outstanding. In case you haven't noticed, "The squeaky wheels gets the grease" really DOES apply in this country as far as "rights" are concerned!

This too and the worst part is if white people tried to form an organization it would instantly get labeled as a Nazi or white supremacist group.
That's probably because they all turn out to be just that.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

JFC Old McDonald adds E.I.E.I.O. at the end of spelling a word as a joke because of a damn children's song and you think it's the media trying to make white people look stupid? I think you have other issues that you need to address OP. Holy shit.
View Quote
Well, it did make at least one white guy look stupid...

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Demographics.

"...for the times, they are a-changin'..."
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top