Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/20/2013 2:53:53 PM EDT
Phil Robertson addresses an audience in California.

http://therightscoop.com/watch-the-duck-commander-talk-about-why-this-country-needs-a-lot-more-jesus/

Sorry if dupe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding!

That is the only "reality" show I will watch, because of the Christian values being prevalent in the program!

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]

didn't read the link

posting in your thread to let you know that the rum and coke is doing the talking now

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the link!!

Great message.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing.

I hope this gives the Duck Dynasty haters some perspective.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Amen
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen to that Jack.....great words from a great man.....just shared it on Facebook...this country needs all the help it can get..
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

didn't read the link

posting in your thread to let you know that the rum and coke is doing the talking now

View Quote

You should watch the video...its got a great message.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Phil Robertson addresses an audience in California.

http://therightscoop.com/watch-the-duck-commander-talk-about-why-this-country-needs-a-lot-more-jesus/

Sorry if dupe.
View Quote

Thanks for the share.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]

It's good to see a public figure grow a strong beard like the prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for sharing that video. It was very good. I hope this bump helps more people to see it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Nearly 27 minutes? Of someone preaching?  

No.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's good to see a public figure grow a strong beard like the prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
View Quote

Do you mean Muhammad the prophet? The one that had sex with a 9 year old when he was 54? That Muhammad?

I'm not even sure why I'm responding to you. By your username and this one post of yours, I can tell you are nothing but a troll.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah I don't get the people who get aggravated over this show. I stopped watching because, well, it's kinda dopey, but the Robertsons seem like nice guy and their silly show is sort of a "Davy and Goliath" with beards. My wife thinks their beards are freaky but was happy to see a show where there was no violence and the people acted like decent human beings, even if they do have "scary beards that are probably full of food"  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing.

I hope this gives the Duck Dynasty haters some perspective.
Yeah I don't get the people who get aggravated over this show. I stopped watching because, well, it's kinda dopey, but the Robertsons seem like nice guy and their silly show is sort of a "Davy and Goliath" with beards. My wife thinks their beards are freaky but was happy to see a show where there was no violence and the people acted like decent human beings, even if they do have "scary beards that are probably full of food"  

Love the show, my kind of folks.
But then again, they would blend right in at one of my family reunions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I guess I could speak on how America needs more Jesus for $100K

Phil isnt booking any more 2013 dates.....

Cost to book others....

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
churches pay people $ 100k to speak!? Or is that for other organizations?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost to book others....

I have first hand knowledge of a non-profit Christian organization wanting Phil, at the $100k mark....

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Amen
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Cost to book others....

View Quote
More power to them.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I too don't care about the show. But that is a far better sermon than I've heard at most churches I've been to.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I too don't care about the show. But that is a far better sermon than I've heard at most churches I've been to.

View Quote

It ought to be for $100k

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Outstanding!

That is the only "reality" show I will watch, because of the Christian values being prevalent in the program!

View Quote

Prepare to be surprise loved gently.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It ought to be for $100k

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It ought to be for $100k

The dude provides a service. The church will gain new "business" having a big name speaker. His time is worth something. So long as he pays God's flat income tax rate as defined in Leviticus I don't care.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The dude provides a service. The church will gain new "business" having a big name speaker. His time is worth something. So long as he pays God's flat income tax rate as defined in Leviticus I don't care.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It ought to be for $100k

Oh and here I thought all this time Churches werent businesses.....

How very........... "Christ-like"

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Outstanding!

View Quote

I agree with you on this one!
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It ought to be for $100k

All I meant to say is that the church, for good reason, wants to draw in more people. The process for doing this is not all that different than drawing in new customers. As someone who likes sleeping in on Saturday morning, I much prefer this style of advertising to the door to door advertising that Jehovah's Witness and Mormons like to conduct on the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#29]
My family watch the show together. And I've watched a few of Phil's sermons. Fun show and his preaching is fine. My wife really likes the show. It is for sure the cleanest thing on TV. His preaching is pretty simple and to the point.

If he gets payed for speaking, good for him! If someone would pay me good money for speaking over a weekend at a church, I might give it a shot. I really don't care what he charges.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome message!!

I've never watched that show before - might have to start.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ol Phil wouldn't give away any fish and loaves or cure sick people for free, lol. Wonder if the Duck call business makes as much as "preaching"  
View Quote

Wat? Was that a question?

Duck Comander was a multi million dollar co before Robertson's started Duck Dynasty. Duck Dynasty made them even richerer through branding and whatever is in the contract for the show itself. Like that stupid Browning deer logo. Yuppies (as Phil would say) will buy a Duck Commander shirt just like they will a Browning now because of logo recognition. I'm sure they make more money on logo'd junk than they do calls now. Just like Harly Davidson.

If I could make money being at home, but could make better money traveling because of my branding, I'd be packing my bags.

I've got an old wood commander call around here somewhere that's older then all of my kids combined.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have first hand knowledge of a non-profit Christian organization wanting Phil, at the $100k mark....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost to book others....

Sure you do.

And the site you posted was a hit piece put up when they wouldn't do a guys event for free.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Preaching also appears to be a multimillion dollar business for the Robertson's at 100 to 50k a shot and no overhead. How many millions did Christ charge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ol Phil wouldn't give away any fish and loaves or cure sick people for free, lol. Wonder if the Duck call business makes as much as "preaching"  

Duck Comander was a multi million dollar co before Robertson's started Duck Dynasty. Duck Dynasty made them even richerer through branding and whatever is in the contract for the show itself. Like that stupid Browning deer logo. Yuppies (as Phil would say) will buy a Duck Commander shirt just like they will a Browning now because of logo recognition. I'm sure they make more money on logo'd junk than they do calls now. Just like Harly Davidson.

If I could make money being at home, but could make better money traveling because of my branding, I'd be packing my bags.

I've got an old wood commander call around here somewhere that's older then all of my kids combined.
Preaching also appears to be a multimillion dollar business for the Robertson's at 100 to 50k a shot and no overhead. How many millions did Christ charge?

How much does it usually cost to book the CEO of a multimillion dollar enterprise to speak about anything?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you proposing a government mandated cap on what a preacher or religious speaker can make? Should it just exist for the people at the pulpet, or should I be governed as to how much I can charge to work on a church building?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Awesome message!!

I've never watched that show before - might have to start.
View Quote
We watch the show and let our 10 YO daughter watch...............a lot of the messages are not overly religious{IMHO}............just showing that we don't have to be dill weeds to friends and family !!

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Speaking and preaching are not the same thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much does it usually cost to book the CEO of a multimillion dollar enterprise to speak about anything?
Speaking and preaching are not the same thing.  

That's a distinction without a difference.

He's not a pastor, he's a CEO who occasionally talks on religious topics.  

What is the per hourly wage of the average CEO?

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#42]
So apparently, I was the only one thinking of this when I read the thread title.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He was clearly preaching in that video
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Could care less if he was preaching, or if he did charge $50,000. What he said was good, and it was provided free for all of us to view so I thank that organization for sharing it.

We got charged a lot of money this week for that blabbering idiot to go down and speak at a Ford Plant and nobody was belly aching about that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sure you do.

And the site you posted was a hit piece put up when they wouldn't do a guys event for free.
View Quote

I am employed at the Christian organization...

With that said, feel free to find out the cost for yourself, since you seem to think it doesnt cost that much....

Phil Robertson
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Had a chance to chat and eat with Phil when I only knew of him from the ads for their hunting videos some years back.
Nice guy, wore khakis and a polo shirt, but did leave the shades on.

Funny thing, had NO IDEA he was religious until we went to eat and he said Grace.
Suddenly realized I had probably used a LOT of words I shouldn't have.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

With that said, feel free to find out the cost for yourself, since you seem to think it doesnt cost that much....

Phil Robertson
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you do.

Phil Robertson

Still no payment info at link.

So you work for an org that demands people work for them for free because they "have enough money?" good luck to you in the future.

But I'll give you some free advice. Bashing people who don't come to your event is very unprofessional, and discourages future speakers from helping out of concern that you'll do the same to them. Not to mention how it reflects on the organization as a whole.

Not to mention that it's very...unchristian.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So you work for an org that demands people work for them for free because they "have enough money?" good luck to you in the future.

But I'll give you some free advice. Bashing people who don't come to your event is very unprofessional, and discourages future speakers from helping out of concern that you'll do the same to them. Not to mention how it reflects on the organization as a whole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you do.

Phil Robertson

No the org I work at wants Phil to speak, I was just informing people of what something like that costs......  I wasnt bashing anyone, and Im not related to the group of the link I posted that was "bashing"

And of course theres no payment info.  You call and book, its not like Amazon....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top