Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Girlfriend here wants to know if you'll bring her some yarn from those Alpacas.
It looks like they won't be needing  it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay, I have a story.  My buddy, who's ex-army (fister), was drunk as hell and talking to two hookers, while I was busy talking to the very cute waitress (Anna) that has taken a liking to me. I told my buddy (who we have nicknamed "Filth") to stop talking to the two skanks, but he insisted that I translate "How much for both?" They responded, "400 soles for both and we will do anything you want!" I was like x10. My buddy says, "Hell, no!" So, they then drop the price to 200 soles, which is $71.  My buddy lights up and starts to walk out with them after they say this, so I follow cuz these hookers look shady as hell.  I can't see my other buddy so I text him I have a situation with Filth and need to talk dumbass out of the situation. I get no response because he never checks his phone and is busy talking to a legit local girl who know english.  We get to the hotel and the front desk says no visitors.  I'm relieved, thinking, this shit is over.  But, is it? Hell no. The hookers then say, "We have a place, come with us." I see my fucking live flash before my eyes and see us getting stabbed to death at some hotel. I try to talk my buddy out of it but he's on a mission. Next thing you know, we are in a taxi for about 8 mins and end up at another hotel, which is putting it loosely.  My buddy pays for the room and we walk about 5 ft and go into a room...which looks like a room from a horror movie. The room is in poor shape, with one bed, a couch and a bathroom. The paint looks old and theres a mirror on the wall at bed level.  At this point, we get a text from our buddy telling us the wait staff are saying we are probably get robbed, killed or both. At this point, my buddy sobers up and says, "what the fuck are we doing here? We nees to ex-fil asap" i give the hookers some money for wasting their time and smooth things over im spanish. I grab my buddy and get the hell out of dodge. We end up back at the club and the waitress thas was sweet one completely gives me the cold shoulder cuz she saw me leave with Filth and the skanks.  That's what I get for tryimg to save my buddy's ass. I'll never forget you, Anna. End of story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do the hookers charge?

Okay, I have a story.  My buddy, who's ex-army (fister), was drunk as hell and talking to two hookers, while I was busy talking to the very cute waitress (Anna) that has taken a liking to me. I told my buddy (who we have nicknamed "Filth") to stop talking to the two skanks, but he insisted that I translate "How much for both?" They responded, "400 soles for both and we will do anything you want!" I was like x10. My buddy says, "Hell, no!" So, they then drop the price to 200 soles, which is $71.  My buddy lights up and starts to walk out with them after they say this, so I follow cuz these hookers look shady as hell.  I can't see my other buddy so I text him I have a situation with Filth and need to talk dumbass out of the situation. I get no response because he never checks his phone and is busy talking to a legit local girl who know english.  We get to the hotel and the front desk says no visitors.  I'm relieved, thinking, this shit is over.  But, is it? Hell no. The hookers then say, "We have a place, come with us." I see my fucking live flash before my eyes and see us getting stabbed to death at some hotel. I try to talk my buddy out of it but he's on a mission. Next thing you know, we are in a taxi for about 8 mins and end up at another hotel, which is putting it loosely.  My buddy pays for the room and we walk about 5 ft and go into a room...which looks like a room from a horror movie. The room is in poor shape, with one bed, a couch and a bathroom. The paint looks old and theres a mirror on the wall at bed level.  At this point, we get a text from our buddy telling us the wait staff are saying we are probably get robbed, killed or both. At this point, my buddy sobers up and says, "what the fuck are we doing here? We nees to ex-fil asap" i give the hookers some money for wasting their time and smooth things over im spanish. I grab my buddy and get the hell out of dodge. We end up back at the club and the waitress thas was sweet one completely gives me the cold shoulder cuz she saw me leave with Filth and the skanks.  That's what I get for tryimg to save my buddy's ass. I'll never forget you, Anna. End of story.

20 spot to clerk of your hotel would have squared you for visitors
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep, and KFC, BK, etcs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there a McDonald's?

Yep, and KFC, BK, etcs.

Amazing.  I asked in jest.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I lived in Arequipa for a year right out of high school.

If you can, you absolutely must go there and head straight to El Turko Doner Kebab. In all my travels around the world, there is no other kebab that compares to El Turko's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
have you seen George Zimmerman anywhere?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do the hookers charge?

Negative, ghostrider. I was trying to save my buddy from whatever the vermin he was talking to were carrying.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
cool pics

are the chicks squatty and dark?  They have good wifi down there?
View Quote

Not in Lima. Have seen some really nice looking women here.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Trying to save a buddy nicknamed "Filth"  

Fucking priceless.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Alright, we are off to bar televising American football.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
In Cusco. Experiencing possible AMS. Sucking down oxygen and fluids.  I have the shits, nausea and feel like my eye is being stabbed.  I may have to stay behind and forego Machu Pichu of I can not get my shit together.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Is Lima, Peru better than Lima, Ohio?
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]
What would you compare the alpaca meat to that we usually eat in the US?  I know a guy that has some and claims they are good but never seen him cook/eat one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What would you compare the alpaca meat to that we usually eat in the US?  I know a guy that has some and claims they are good but never seen him cook/eat one.
View Quote

My buddy and I agree that it is closer to beef,  but really lean. It's good and tasty. You should try it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
When did you learn to speak Spanish?
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The only limerick I know.

There once was a man in Peru.
Who dreamed he was eating a shoe.
He woke up one night.
In a terrible fright.
And found out it was true.

Sounds like a good time down there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When did you learn to speak Spanish?
View Quote

I'm a GEN 1 American of Mexican descent, so my first language was Spanish.  I had to pick up English rather quickly, because as one of the few Mexican kids, I was harrased almost daily because I could not speak English. I remember telling my parents after a rough day at school (1st grade), "I'm gonna learn English to show those kids I'm not stupid!" And, well, by 2nd grade, I had pretty much caught on.

So, there ya have it; I know Spanish due to my parents.

ETA: My Spanish is good, but I get smoked by professional interpreters.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In Cusco. Experiencing possible AMS. Sucking down oxygen and fluids.  I have the shits, nausea and feel like my eye is being stabbed.  I may have to stay behind and forego Machu Pichu of I can not get my shit together.
View Quote

Drink plenty of mate for the altitude sickness and relax for 24 hours to get acclimated. Machu Picchu is 4000 feet lower than Cuzco at only 7000 feet. Few people have problems there. Some people think the oxygen makes it harder to acclimate. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm doing better. I think I may have been dehydrated as the headache has subsided after taking Excedrin Migraine and drinking Powerade and water.

Dehydration vs AMS

ETA: We had been drinking a lot in Lima, so that didn't help any.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Shit, I hear even locals succumb to the effects of altitude sickness.

I also heard some of the back-woods types chew on coca leaves or make tea from it to alleviate the symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm jealous! I really want to visit some out of the way places. I mean, who goes to Peru or Chile? I've heard that the people are very friendly and food is good, you seem to be confirming that.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Gonna try to post some pics tomorrow of Machu Pichu. Pretty freaking cool place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Why in the hell are you wasting your time on this forum and not enjoying all Lima has to offer?
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:07:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gonna try to post some pics tomorrow of Machu Pichu. Pretty freaking cool place.
View Quote

You can do that when you get back.

Do what you can while you're there brother, don't waste time on the computer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Have you been to my birthplace yet?

Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#25]
OP have you clapped any cheeks yet? better start clapping asap
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that. Too much work trying to post stuff from my iphone, anyway. Ill post pics when I get back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]
How do you like the world class driving?

I was in Lima last week and spent a day at Mistura!  Gotta love eating all day and getting paid for it!

Lima was an amazing time hope you have a blast!

-Brock

Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How do you like the world class driving?

I was in Lima last week and spent a day at Mistura!  Gotta love eating all day and getting paid for it!

Lima was an amazing time hope you have a blast!

-Brock

View Quote

We were there Sat and Sun!! Crazy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OP have you clapped any cheeks yet? better start clapping asap
View Quote

Lol! I'm cool, brah!
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Any hat.  I don't care if says  "Eat at Joe's Crab Shack"

Having a hat from Lima, Peru would be badass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will you buy me a hat?

What kinda hat?

Here's your hat, bro:

PM ur address.

ETA: It's OD green, but doesn't show up well in the pic.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Here's your hat, bro:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/urbankaos04/image_zpscfa55164.jpg

PM ur address.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will you buy me a hat?

What kinda hat?

Here's your hat, bro:

PM ur address.

Yeeha!  I'm finally getting a hat from Peru.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Just send me your info so I can send you the hat once I get back.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#33]
How's the surf?

How's the coffee?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Have you seen Eric Bartoli??

He's a fugitive accused of stealing 65 million from investors and supposed to be down there on the run.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#35]
have you surfed with Felipe Pomar?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Do they put beans in chili to honor their city's name?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone planning to jump the fence into Chile 'cause there are jobs and they pay more?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How's the surf?

How's the coffee?
View Quote

Bitc........ shit....... How's the women?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will you buy me a hat?

What kinda hat?

Here's your hat, bro:

If he got a hat so easy can you bring me back a little hottie Peruvian girl?

PM ur address.

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came here to ask "anyone got Montazuma's Revenge yet?"

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How's the surf?

How's the coffee?
View Quote

Coffee is awesome! The waves look decent from what I saw as we taxied in, but I'm not a surfer, so don't take my word for it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's the surf?

How's the coffee?

We have seen some very hot women with nice tight boo-tays!
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off and on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's the surf?

How's the coffee?

I like boo-tays!
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Eat any Cuy?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Lucky rascal!! enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I love short Hispanic chics.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm going to venture a guess and say yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it nicer than Lima, Ohio?

I'm going to venture a guess and say yes.

It ain't hard.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Been to Emmanuelle yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Eat any cuy? It's not as good as alpaca, but it's not bad either.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top