BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

UFC has sponsors to answer to. They didn't have a choice. You think reebok is going to put their name on Jones after smashing into a pregnant lady?
View Quote

Wear Reebok for hit and running.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sadly I agree with you.  He'll do no jail time and will plea and do some community service, pay a fine and MAYBE get probation.

The UFC should absolutely strip him of his title though.  This isn't his first rodeo.  He obviously has trouble with staying out of trouble and making good life decisions.  

All that talent, money and fame going to waste before our eyes.  Guy is a complete idiot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to update. This a is a felony and he 100% did it. Dude is so boned. He's fucking going to prison, and will likely get his ass reamed in civil court as well.

Jon Jones was smoking weed, ran a red, t-boned a woman (who was pregnant) breaking her arm and wrist, ran away from the scene (two witnesses on the police report), ran back to get a large handful of cash, then ran away from the scene again jumping fences along the way. An off-duty cop, who happened to be an MMA fan, saw him running away and ID'd Jones to the officers on scene..Cops find pipe in the car with weed in it, rental paperwork with JJ name all over it, etc...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/27/8506257/jon-jones-turns-himself-into-albuquerque-police-custody-on-felony
I'll bet he doesn't  

Sadly I agree with you.  He'll do no jail time and will plea and do some community service, pay a fine and MAYBE get probation.

The UFC should absolutely strip him of his title though.  This isn't his first rodeo.  He obviously has trouble with staying out of trouble and making good life decisions.  

All that talent, money and fame going to waste before our eyes.  Guy is a complete idiot.

I agree money and fame can buy a lot of second chances. I hope he gets some jail time though.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
holey shit.  where the fuck have I been?

besides stuck with this Baltimore rioting shit.

I cant believe what I read.  JJ is a fucking idiot.

he just blew his career.

dude needs to go to rehab for about 10-20...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't decide between Rumble and Cormier.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pulling for Rumble.  As long as the card stays pretty much what it is, I'll be buying it for sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Reebok has dropped Jon Jones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm pulling for Rumble.  As long as the card stays pretty much what it is, I'll be buying it for sure.
View Quote

This.

It's a really good card, regardless of Jones getting dropped.I think Cormier may be able to effectively use his wrestling this time around though
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#8]
that was about the only way he was going to lose the title
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sucks about Jon...dumbass

I was going to bet Johnson to beat him anyway.  I'll still bet Johnson to beat Comier...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Rumble held his own against Phil Davis and Rashad Evans in the wrestling aspect.

DC is better than both but it's not a drastic increase in skill.  Rumble is powerful and throws hands so fast for a guy his size.  Rumble by KO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Other than a dui he hasn't been in trouble. He will likely not face major jail time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Other than a dui he hasn't been in trouble. He will likely not face major jail time.
View Quote

Yup.  Seriously doubt it.  Community service and a fine and maybe 1 year probation.

But I think the UFC saw the writing on the wall.  This is his second instance of a MVA and for all we know, he ran from the scene and waiting a day to turn himself in so the police couldn't do a bloodtest on him.  He could have been high on weed or coke for all we know.

The accident pictures are pretty telling.  This wasn't just a slight fender bender.  Imagine if he would have killed the pregnant woman or caused her to have a miscarriage?  It could have been a whole lot worse and the UFC isn't willing to keep hoping he keeps his shit together before big PPVs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yup.  Seriously doubt it.  Community service and a fine and maybe 1 year probation.

But I think the UFC saw the writing on the wall.  This is his second instance of a MVA and for all we know, he ran from the scene and waiting a day to turn himself in so the police couldn't do a bloodtest on him.  He could have been high on weed or coke for all we know.

The accident pictures are pretty telling.  This wasn't just a slight fender bender.  Imagine if he would have killed the pregnant woman or caused her to have a miscarriage?  It could have been a whole lot worse and the UFC isn't willing to keep hoping he keeps his shit together before big PPVs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can bet your ass he was high or drunk. It's not like he hasn't been in trouble for both.

He needed to be stripped, though, and the UFC needs to make sure he goes into Rehab before he sets another foot in the cage.

And not just a one-day check in, either, like last time.

He needs to be scared straight. We'll see if this does it. Or he WILL end up in Jail.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard this mentioned earlier so I can't claim it as my own but I was kind of thinking the same thing:

- The LHW division gets a shakeup and probably some renewed/new interest
- While not universally true, I think people unconsciously like to see the belt change hands or see different people at the top
- The UFC looks good for taking swift action and disciplining one of their top 3 stars
- When Jones comes back to fight again it's going to sell a LOT of PPVs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
So much for all that Jesus talk.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Much like the other stuff he's said over the years.  I think it was just what he thought people wanted him to say or wanted him to be.

Not all fighters are the same obviously, but some guys (like Cowboy Cerrone) you can tell that how they are on camera is probably exactly how they are in private.

But Jones just seems like an odd guy.  I think partly he wants to be loved, partly he wants to be hated and he is young and still figuring out who he is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Fucking hell.    Somebody please wrap Weidman and TRTtor in bubble wrap until 5/23 please.

Cowboy is on a 7 fight win streak.  Pretty god damn impressive especially in the LW division.  i saw give him a second crack at RDA but I doubt he'll want to wait around that long.  

Dude loves his beer, loves to fight and loves to get paid.  Living the dream.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Fuck.

This was shaping up to be one of the most epic cards ever.  Maybe Benson will step up again, he's one of those "anyone, anytime" guys.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#20]
He's already fought Benson 3 times
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

and I thought he just liked Philippinos.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]

That one hurts me deeply. I was really looking forward to that one.  They should just match Cerrone up with Rumble...you know he'd be up for it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Video: Ronda Rousey attempts armbar on Luke Rockhold

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/29/8513079/video-ronda-rousey-attempts-armbar-on-luke-rockhold-ufc-190-ufc-187-news

Recent video footage captured from BJPenn.com shows Rousey tangling on the AKA mats with surging middleweight contender Luke Rockhold. The footage could ignite a spark to reopen debate on the gender controversy, as the towering 185 lb. Rockhold can be seen defending Rousey's armbar with relative ease. The AKA standout lies on the mat with his arms clasped together as Rousey strenuously exerts herself to try and break Rockhold's grip. It should be noted that neither Rockhold or Rousey were rolling and transitioning on the mat as seen in the typical jiujitsu formalities. It appeared as though the armbar queen was working exclusively on her grip breaking technique.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder what UFC is aware of about Jones that isn't public

Dana hinted at other issues in the press conference
View Quote

Well Dana, Lorenzo and Lawrence Epstein (Head counsel and Exec. VP) went down in person Tuesday to talk to Jones.  Something tells me during that meeting either they KNEW the story was hinky or Jones admitted to them at least a hint of what's going on in his personal life.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder what UFC is aware of about Jones that isn't public

Dana hinted at other issues in the press conference
View Quote

JBJ is a UFC cash cow but I don't think Dana liked him ever since he refused to fight Chael and they had to cancel that event. His attitude toward them canceling that event was like "oh well" and Dana didn't appreciate that at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Video: Ronda Rousey attempts armbar on Luke Rockhold

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/29/8513079/video-ronda-rousey-attempts-armbar-on-luke-rockhold-ufc-190-ufc-187-news

Recent video footage captured from BJPenn.com shows Rousey tangling on the AKA mats with surging middleweight contender Luke Rockhold. The footage could ignite a spark to reopen debate on the gender controversy, as the towering 185 lb. Rockhold can be seen defending Rousey's armbar with relative ease. The AKA standout lies on the mat with his arms clasped together as Rousey strenuously exerts herself to try and break Rockhold's grip. It should be noted that neither Rockhold or Rousey were rolling and transitioning on the mat as seen in the typical jiujitsu formalities. It appeared as though the armbar queen was working exclusively on her grip breaking technique.
Lol, what controversy?  I don't think anyone was suggesting that Rhonda was going to beat a larger, equally skilled male UFC fighter.  Christ, she gives up 50 lbs on the guy.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#28]
After the Mayweather and Pac fight, I'm way more excited for the Miocic vs Hunt fight
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After the Mayweather and Pac fight, I'm way more excited for the Miocic vs Hunt fight
View Quote

Hunt got his ass destroyed...
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Even though older heavyweights seem to find more success that lighter weight classes I think we're starting to see age catch up to guys like Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson, etc.

Hunt still has a chin there's no question but he did look a little slower and wasn't able to defend takedowns out there.

I'm really curious to see the ceiling on Stipe.  I can understand why Stipe was being conservative and not wanting to get into a shootout with Hunt, but I was a little surprised, I thought Stipe looked faster and a bit crisper against JDS.  Guess we'll see.  He really doesn't have anybody else to fight in the top 5 other than Travis Browne who already has a fight booked.  

Nobody wants to see another Cain/JDS fight.  If Browne wins I could see him or Stipe getting the next title shot once Werdum/Cain fight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I forgot the UFC card Edgar v Faber started at 10a on FS1
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#32]
This Munoz fight is prety good
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Is Faber slick enough to defeat Edgar's skillset?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

50-45 Edgar ON All 3 cards in a snoozer.
Uriah was actually the bigger/stronger man, his striking sucked ass. One punch and nothing
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Uriah was actually the bigger/stronger man, his striking sucked ass. One punch and nothing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I watched. Snoozer. Some fights that look good on paper never live up to expectations. Faber wasn't gonna win and Edgar couldn't put him away.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I forgot the UFC card Edgar v Faber started at 10a on FS1
View Quote

That was my bad. I'm at a conference all weekend and forgot to put up the card and times.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Big fight card this weekend.  Not exactly the same, but it's still an outstanding card.

Saturday, May 23rd

Prelims on FS1 @ 5pm/8pm Pst/Est

Main on PPV @ 7pm/10pm Pst/Est

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#38]
So excited to see Dodson get back in the cage and kick some ass!!

(This meme is a little bit dated now but still makes me laugh)

eta: Although if Rumble wins, we can just change it to GSP beat Koscheck and Koscheck beat Anthony Johnson

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I am pretty fucking pumped right now.

Will be attending UFC 189 in Vegas come July.

Got a free flight, free hotel room and free ticket.

Current card:

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Picks???

I'm going with:

Johnson
Weidman
Cerrone
Browne
Benavidez
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Picks???

I'm going with:

Johnson

Weidman

Cerrone

Browne

Benavidez
View Quote
For some reason, I think that AJ would have had a better chance against Jon Jones than DC.  I'm going with DC on this one.  I agree on everything else though.

Oh yeah, and Dodson
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
It's weird, I like Cormier and I love the shit he talked to Jon Jones.

However, he is 36.  205 is a division where you have genetically gifted athletes who are big, fast, athletic AND have stamina.  It is NOT an old man's division like heavyweight.  Cormier is 36 and without sounding like I'm chopping the guy down, his wins in the UFC, while mostly one sided, haven't been against the elite in the division, especially at 205.  

I feel that Cormier just got started in MMA too late.  I think his window of opportunity is going to be closing very quickly.  He doesn't have speed or technique like Vitor or Spider who saw success in their mid to late 30s.  He also doesn't appear to be on any PEDs.

I like the guy a lot but against younger and faster competition, I just don't see him beating the best.  He put on a good fight against Jones but I think we also saw most of his top potential.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It's weird, I like Cormier and I love the shit he talked to Jon Jones.

However, he is 36.  205 is a division where you have genetically gifted athletes who are big, fast, athletic AND have stamina.  It is NOT an old man's division like heavyweight.  Cormier is 36 and without sounding like I'm chopping the guy down, his wins in the UFC, while mostly one sided, haven't been against the elite in the division, especially at 205.  

I feel that Cormier just got started in MMA too late.  I think his window of opportunity is going to be closing very quickly.  He doesn't have speed or technique like Vitor or Spider who saw success in their mid to late 30s.  He also doesn't appear to be on any PEDs.

I like the guy a lot but against younger and faster competition, I just don't see him beating the best.  He put on a good fight against Jones but I think we also saw most of his top potential.
View Quote

I may be able to watch prelims and that's it I have a long day starting at 3 AM Sunday morning

I will read this thread when I get home to see if there was any bullshit from the judges though

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:04:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm fixin to go to bed so I'm too lazy to embed pics, but Vitor looks like a shell of his former self.  He looks like a small welterweight right now.  He has completely deflated and even his head looks like it got smaller.  I have a feeling Vitor was not only on TRT but also HGH.  

I have a feeling Weidman is going to manhandle him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm fixin to go to bed so I'm too lazy to embed pics, but Vitor looks like a shell of his former self.  He looks like a small welterweight right now.  He has completely deflated and even his head looks like it got smaller.  I have a feeling Vitor was not only on TRT but also HGH.  

I have a feeling Weidman is going to manhandle him.
View Quote

Vitor is 10 years older than Wiedman, but his testosterone levels were something like 3 times that of Wiedman when tested this camp. Nobody is naturally that big and cut at his age and performing at that level.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Picks???

I'm going with:

Johnson
Weidman
Cerrone
Browne
Benavidez
View Quote

I'm going to agree with this.

Johnson by decapitating right in the 2nd. Cormiers wrestling is great. Johnsons wrestling is good enough to get back up off the ground and neutralize DC probably 8 out of 10 times.
Vitor is too old and has no TRT, this fight will be the end of Vitor.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Johnson by decapitating right in the 2nd. Cormiers wrestling is great. Johnsons wrestling is good enough to get back up off the ground and neutralize DC probably 8 out of 10 times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picks???

I'm going with:

Johnson
Weidman
Cerrone
Browne
Benavidez

What do you think of Uriah Hall?  Dude still seems like a mystery to me.  Still unpolished but improving with lots of potential or still has mental game problems?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What do you think of Uriah Hall?  Dude still seems like a mystery to me.  Still unpolished but improving with lots of potential or still has mental game problems?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picks???

I'm going with:

Johnson
Weidman
Cerrone
Browne
Benavidez

He is All skill and no heart. If he had a fighters mindset let Carlos Condit or Matt Browne, he would be competing for the belt, he has that much talent.
His issues are between his ears. His limit is his brain. He should beat Natal,.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Prelims start in 20 minutes.  I'm pumped for this card.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Heads up, baseball on FS1 might go late, so prelims might be on Fox Sports 2.

Back on FS1 now.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top