Page / 320
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

What the fuck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Multiple people with knowledge of Mitrione’s condition said kidney stones were to blame, though none could comment on record because they are not authorized to discuss a fighter’s medical conditions.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/bellator-172-main-event-between-fedor-emelianenko-matt-mitrione-scratched
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Multiple people with knowledge of Mitrione’s condition said kidney stones were to blame, though none could comment on record because they are not authorized to discuss a fighter’s medical conditions.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/bellator-172-main-event-between-fedor-emelianenko-matt-mitrione-scratched
View Quote

It was the only reason to watch tonight's card.  Fucking clownshoes.  I like some of the actual fights in Bellator but everything else just doesn't feel right.  Maybe I'm just so used to the UFC.  But the promo videos, the production, it all just feels minor league compared to the UFC.  I do like Jimmy Smith as a color guy, but I never liked either of their PBP guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It was the only reason to watch tonight's card.  

Fucking clownshoes.  I like some of the actual fights in Bellator but everything else just doesn't feel right.  Maybe I'm just so used to the UFC.  But the promo videos, the production, it all just feels minor league compared to the UFC.  I do like Jimmy Smith as a color guy, but I never liked either of their PBP guys.
View Quote

That fight was the only reason I was gonna watch as well.  I'll probably watch the Kongo and Koschek fights, but other than those it's definitely a half assed run operation with these guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's kidney stones sorry to Matt.  I think he's as smart as a phone book but wouldn't wish that on anyone.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was the only reason to watch tonight's card.  Fucking clownshoes.  I like some of the actual fights in Bellator but everything else just doesn't feel right.  Maybe I'm just so used to the UFC.  But the promo videos, the production, it all just feels minor league compared to the UFC.  I do like Jimmy Smith as a color guy, but I never liked either of their PBP guys.
View Quote
Bellator just reminds me of WWE.
No reason to watch tonight
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuuuuuuuuuuu
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Muh brain...  muh brain hurt

Lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That eye looked bad despite her protest.  I'd much rather err on the side of caution.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, that girl can't see shit out of her eye
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Good knees from Kongo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good knees from Kongo.
View Quote

He's a little boring to watch except for the occasional flash here and there.  He's extremely talented but I figure at 41 he's probably fighting pretty conservative now and just using takedowns *mostly* to grind out decisions.  Can't blame him, but at this point whenever I see he's on a Bellator card I groan a little.  Plus Bellator's heavyweight division is so wonky that doesn't help.  A strong young wrestler who could defend the takedowns would make it a different fight.  He was more enjoyable to watch in the UFC probably due to his age.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He's a little boring to watch except for the occasional flash here and there.  He's extremely talented but I figure at 41 he's probably fighting pretty conservative now and just using takedowns *mostly* to grind out decisions.  Can't blame him, but at this point whenever I see he's on a Bellator card I groan a little.  Plus Bellator's heavyweight division is so wonky that doesn't help.  A strong young wrestler who could defend the takedowns would make it a different fight.  He was more enjoyable to watch in the UFC probably due to his age.
View Quote

I wanted him to do well when he was in the ufc, but he was never consistent and his chin couldn't stand up to alot of heavyweights there.  In Bellator he seems like he could do better as the talent is not as good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a super stacked card tonight but there are some good matchups that should be exciting.  

Plus the co-main and main are good fights that both have interesting storylines attached to them.

Lewis has fought 11 times since 2014 and this week media said he sounded burnt out.  Lewis said after this fight he doesn't want the UFC to call him for 3 months.  I think this is indicative of UFC's lack of real HW contenders so they're trying to push anybody they can that shows potential.

Browne won't have Coach Edmund in his corner (likely due to his legal issues) and Browne still claims he hasn't left Glendale Fight Club.  Browne was at his peak at Jackson-Wink, but the rumors on twitter are that his departure from Jackson's wasn't his choice and he was essentially kicked out or asked to leave.

Lombard is a physical specimen but has never lived up to his hype despite some very solid wins.  His last two fights were extremely tough and he took a lot of damage.

Hendricks.  Lol...what do you even say.  He can't manage his weight and now he's a 5'9" middleweight.  Lombard isn't all that big for MW, can you imagine Hendricks against Rockhold or Weidman or Jacare?  Hendricks is just not sized for MW.  Will be interesting to see.  Plus lots of people speculate that once USADA came on, Hendricks saw a real decline in his career and lack of finished.  Take that for what you will.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
First prelim on Fight Pass starts in 8 minutes.

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Great fights so far.  Wake up donks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#17]
First prelim starting off with a bang.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
First prelim starting off with a bang.
View Quote

"Swangin & bangin"  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I think they stopped that one prematurely. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think they stopped that one prematurely. 
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Damn.
View Quote

I agree w/ Stann.  Bit of an early stoppage but his head was bouncing off the canvas from those GNP shots and I'm fully on board w/ being early rather than late.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#23]
The brother of Firas Zahabi (head coach of GSP and Tristar Gym) is fighting next.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I agree w/ Stann.  Bit of an early stoppage but his head was bouncing off the canvas from those GNP shots and I'm fully on board w/ being early rather than late.
View Quote

I think it would've been stopped eventually, but like you said better early than late.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Fights are going nicely, good action so far.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Pretty explosive end to round 2 of this one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Zahabi squandered that at the end of the second.  Shoulda kept dropping elbows on him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Great fight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great fight.
View Quote

Pretty good. I think Zahabi has this one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Good to see the underdog, Markos, win that one.

ETA: Da fuq was with Markos's whole anti-bullying comment? 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Ezparza's stand up still looks like shit with no power behind them.  Glad she lost and as long as Joanna has the belt, the Cookie monster will never sniff it again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Still boggles the mind that in 2017, commissions don't have instant replay technology.  I know they could easily get it, but to my knowledge it's not written into the Unified MMA Rules.  it needs to happen.  Markos won but she got hit with a pretty brutal illegal knee.

And fuck Esparza.  She's on twitter crying about fighter pay and selling the Harley she won from TUF, and yet she's also on Twitter eating $1,000 dollar sundaes at some swanky restaurant in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still boggles the mind that in 2017, commissions don't have instant replay technology.  I know they could easily get it, but to my knowledge it's not written into the Unified MMA Rules.  it needs to happen.  Markos won but she got hit with a pretty brutal illegal knee.

And fuck Esparza.  She's on twitter crying about fighter pay and selling the Harley she won from TUF, and yet she's also on Twitter eating $1,000 dollar sundaes at some swanky restaurant in NYC.
View Quote

I'd like to see instant replay too. I've seen fights where a fighter tapped out, ref didn't see it, then slipped out of the hold and continued to fight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fighters who fans want to watch tend to get paid.  Did you hear one of the commentator's comment about her when her name was announced?  Pretty much said she got NO reaction at all.  If you ain't getting cheers, you better be getting boos.  She got an indifferent reaction from the crowd.  Not good at all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Taleb and Ponzinibbio banged it out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Wicked elbow by Felder.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Mcmann made that looked too easy
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]
This card is fantastic so far.  Even if you don't like woman's MMA, this is a perfect example of the difference between "elite level MMA" and regional pro.  McMann just mauled that poor girl.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wicked elbow by Felder.
View Quote

Felder has had a couple hiccups in the UFC, but a boring fighter he is not.  His striking is on point and nasty.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Felder has had a couple hiccups in the UFC, but a boring fighter he is not.  His striking is on point and nasty.
View Quote

Nothing pleases me more than a fighter that can throw and land elbows, just nasty and devastating. 
Probably why I enjoy Muay Thai also.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#41]
That's why I'm such a huge fan of Joanna, love seeing her throw those elbows when she seperates from a clinch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This card is fantastic so far.  Even if you don't like woman's MMA, this is a perfect example of the difference between "elite level MMA" and regional pro.  McMann just mauled that poor girl.
View Quote

I've got nothing against womens' MMA.
There's been cards that have been absolutely boring, until a womens' fight that was just vicious as Hell and stole the show.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've got nothing against womens' MMA.
There's been cards that have been absolutely boring, until a womens' fight that was just vicious as Hell and stole the show.
View Quote

Neither do I.  There are some people who just seem to label all woman's MMA as boring, which just isn't correct.

There are plenty of very exciting woman's fighters.  Ronda in her prime.  Thug Rose.  Joanna Champion.  Nunes.  Cyborg.  I think woman's MMA just caught on later compared to the men so there's a skill difference at the pro level.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Current fight's kinda boring me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Current fight's kinda boring me.
View Quote

Yeah. That was a mismatched snoozefest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been watching on and off as the girlfriend was making dinner. Finally headed upstairs to watch the rest of it while she watches some girly bullshit.

Some good fights so far, from what I have seen. Good action

I'm predicting a quick loss for Hendricks on this one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, that's why I don't bet real money in fights. Well done Hendricks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If it's kidney stones sorry to Matt.  I think he's as smart as a phone book but wouldn't wish that on anyone.  
View Quote

His problem was stones, but not the kidney kind.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm picking the Black Beast since he lives in my town and I've met him before. Nice humble guy.

ETA: Black Beast is his fighting nick name.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Guessing ufc expects this fight not to go the full 25 minutes seeing as they'll go over their time slot at this point.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top