[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Chael has full mount...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, Chael Sonnen is about to beat Wanderlei Silva! You heard it here first.
View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL! Chael - Worst winner in the world!

"Goddamn, I hate NY!"
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"Goddamn, I hate NY!"
View Quote
And he didnt get boo'd lol. Wanderlei was a sore loser.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That was awesome.
View Quote
Yep.  He knocked my boy out but gave props to the God Emperor.

So he is A OK in my book.  Also he gave respect to Fedor.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And he didnt get boo'd lol. Wanderlei was a sore loser.
View Quote
He landed 25 strikes and couldn't wrestle himself out of a wet paper bag.  That 4 years hurt Wandy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Goddamn, I hate NY!"
View Quote
That was lolz but the way he called out Fedor was just classless.  Fedor is a a nice dude and was apparently trying to be friendly with Chael but then he mocks him saying he patted him on the head and says he will KO him in one punch.  Almost as bad as saying Brazil doesn't have computers and their kids play with mud.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That was lolz but the way he called out Fedor was just classless.  Fedor is a a nice dude and was apparently trying to be friendly with Chael but then he mocks him saying he patted him on the head and says he will KO him in one punch.  Almost as bad as saying Brazil doesn't have computers and their kids play with mud.
View Quote
I've met Chael.  He is one of the most down to earth, fan friendly, "real" fighters i've ever met.  A lot of people get rubbed the wrong way by Chael but let's not misunderstand fight promotion.  This is prize fighting.  Just a few years ago the very very best in the world were fighting for tens of thousands of dollars.  Let's remember what all these guys put their bodies and brains through for our entertainment.

Just last week Tim Hauge lost his life after a boxing match.  He wasn't out there fighting for glory and pride and entertainment.  The poor guy was fighting to put food on his family's table.

Chael is one of the smartest fighters in the game.  He's talking himself into big fights and BIG money.  Sometimes callouts are a little awkward but at the end of the day, Chael isn't a 25 year old Conor McGregor.  Chael needs to earn as much money as he can and he maybe has 1-3 fights left.  Fighting is a young man's game.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This Bader/Davis fight has been boring as shit.
View Quote
That fight had snoozefest written all over it.  Bader had a few good fights until he got a bit reckless and knocked out a couple times.  Then he became a tentative point fighter.  

Davis has always been a boring fighter though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've met Chael.  He is one of the most down to earth, fan friendly, "real" fighters i've ever met.  A lot of people get rubbed the wrong way by Chael but let's not misunderstand fight promotion.  This is prize fighting.  Just a few years ago the very very best in the world were fighting for tens of thousands of dollars.  Let's remember what all these guys put their bodies and brains through for our entertainment.

Just last week Tim Hauge lost his life after a boxing match.  He wasn't out there fighting for glory and pride and entertainment.  The poor guy was fighting to put food on his family's table.

Chael is one of the smartest fighters in the game.  He's talking himself into big fights and BIG money.  Sometimes callouts are a little awkward but at the end of the day, Chael isn't a 25 year old Conor McGregor.  Chael needs to earn as much money as he can and he maybe has 1-3 fights left.  Fighting is a young man's game.
View Quote
For sure.  I know its BS talk.  I just think he goes too far sometimes.  Mostly he is fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For sure.  I know its BS talk.  I just think he goes too far sometimes.  Mostly he is fucking hilarious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been a fan of Chael for years and even for me, that callout tonight just felt a little awkward.  But he's so smooth and such a good promotor for whatever company he's fighting for, I guess he can't get them all right 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol, surreal hearing Goldie calling fights for Bellator. Shitty the way WME dropped him after their take over of the UFC.
View Quote
I love how he snuck in a quick Rogan shot out during the Davis v. Bader fight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#14]
UFC Fight Night Prelims free on FS2 1800 CDT. UFC FN FS1 immediately after.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
UFC Fight Night Prelims free on FS2 1800 CDT. UFC FN FS1 immediately after.
View Quote
Thanks.  I was out running errands and forgot to change the schedule.  Prelims on now...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I was out running errands and forgot to change the schedule.  Prelims on now...
View Quote
I think Miranda is going to stop this fight with leg kicks, if he can land a few more.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, misread the time. Missed all the prelims exept for the last 2 rounds of Guida's fight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Guida is always an entertaining fight. Even in the corner between rounds.lol.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guida is always an entertaining fight. Even in the corner between rounds.lol.
View Quote
Yep, I love watching Guida..

Hendricks missed weight AGAIN?..lol.  He just needs to move up to heavyweight, then he'll likely never miss.. or he might take that as a challenge and enter the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest prior to a fight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Penn is the favorite in this fight, but I'm going with Siver. His punching is great and I think Penn may not be able to handle it.

Side note, I thought Penn has retired twice now? Why is he back?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Penn is the favorite in this fight, but I'm going with Siver. His punching is great and I think Penn may not be able to handle it.

View Quote
I think Penn's chin is done.  He's retired a few times but these fighters, either the hunger never dies or they need the money.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck BJ.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some guys just can't step away.. They do it until they just physically cannot do it anymore.

Predictions:

Penn
Means
(don't really know much about the LH and Womens bout fighters)
Hendricks

The main event, I hope Chiesa wins, because I can't stand Lee.. he thinks he's a black Connor McGregor, but he's not near that good.  Lee has a good shot though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Some guys just can't step away.. They do it until they just physically cannot do it anymore.

Predictions:

Penn
Means
(don't really know much about the LH and Womens bout fighters)
Hendricks

The main event, I hope Chiesa wins, because I can't stand Lee.. he thinks he's a black Connor McGregor, but he's not near that good.  Lee has a good shot though.
View Quote
I like McGregor but I cannot stand Lee.

I think the fights will go:

Siver
Means
Boetch

I like hendricks but he has missed weight twice and I can't stand that shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty sure Siver won that one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#26]
BJ is such wasted talent. Never worked hard enough to match his natural talent.  Just gave up in the 3rd.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Time to retire BJ.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Siver won that. IDC what the judges say.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BJ is such wasted talent. Never worked hard enough to match his natural talent.  Just gave up in the 3rd.
View Quote
I don't think he gave up.. his leg was clearly hurting, and he's 38yrs old.

It's definitely time for him to hang it up for good though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Time to retire BJ.
View Quote
he already retired twice. i don't think he knows what the word means.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Siver is 38 too, fwiw.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Siver is 38 as well and he got knocked down in the 2nd, but he came back in the 3rd. BJ did nothing offensively in the 3rd.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Siver is 38 too, fwiw.
View Quote
True, but Penn is a much older 38 (his body, health, etc.).. just seems way older.

I just got a pudgy watching Shevchenko shooting that gun (I think that's who it was)
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#34]
How pathetic, UFC is still using soundbytes of Goldie to promote the next UFC fights in July. Just heard it on the commercial break.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Once again it looks like the prelims are going to be better than the main card..

eta: I'm 2-0 on my picks tonight
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn! KTFO
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Dominick Cruz.

He plays a pretty good trash talking prick leading up to a fight, but - IMO - he represents the sport best in his commentator role.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]
This girl fight is pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dominick Cruz.

He plays a pretty good trash talking prick leading up to a fight, but - IMO - he represents the sport best in his commentator role.
View Quote
Damn, service went out about 40sec before the round ended..

Regardless, that was probably the best fight so far.  Two tough broads.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Mmmm Felice for the win. Yummy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Up next, Johny, "Pig Rig" Hendricks. Idjit misses weight multiple times at 170, moves up and 185 and in only his second fight at middleweight, missing weight by 2 pounds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dominick Cruz.

Yep.

But I really do despise Cruz in a fighter's role.  He's so... low class with his trash talk.

His commentary though, is hands above better than anyone I've heard in the past 5 + years .

He's very educational with his blow-by-blow analysis of what's going on - real time - in the octo...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Knock Out!!!!

3-0 on picks
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I see Bellator in Johny Hendricks future.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I see Bellator in Johny Hendricks future.
View Quote
Sure looks that way.... but he has to make weight there as well.  He's best at Welterweight if he could just control his weight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#46]
That head kick was the beginning of the end. Good fight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I really hope Lee gets tore up in this fight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too, fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too.
He's a cocky SOB.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice entrance music. Stranglehold!
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top