Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2013 5:44:30 PM EDT
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-325985.html

On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
February 11, 2009 9:17 PM      PRINT     TEXT

The War On Waste
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

February 11, 2009 9:17 PM
View Quote
I know. I never read this before.

I was reading about government waste (stemming from the snail sex study that cost 880000).
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the NSA knows where it went.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
February 11, 2009 9:17 PM      PRINT     TEXT

The War On Waste

lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did the "9/10/2013" in the thread title come from?  I assumed it was the date of the article when I clicked it.  And today is the 11th, so...?

ETA: Ah, you edited it as I was typing that.

Either way, I seem to remember something else that would normally have pretty been big news happening on the 10th or 11th that dropped off the radar because of 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where did the "9/10/2013" in the thread title come from?  I assumed it was the date of the article when I clicked it.  And today is the 11th, so...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a lot of numbers rolling in my head.  Also from the update, I was arguing with someone else about how all of these stupid studies add up when I am talking about cutting government waste.  And while doing research I found this.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a 9/11 troofer thing, just wondering where is the government over site on this crap?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top