BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just called the Silencer Shop in Austin to purchase a suppressor. I gave my name, address, county, phone, email, trust name, and paid the $200 tax and the suppressor cost with my credit card. They add a $5 service fee for e-filing. I then emailed Silencer Shop a scan of my Trust. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. They'll e-file the docs with the BATF today. How much easier could it be?
View Quote

Could be alot easier without the NFA
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not having to do it to begin with would be a hell of a lot easier.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just called the Silencer Shop in Austin to purchase a suppressor. I gave my name, address, county, phone, email, trust name, and paid the $200 tax and the suppressor cost with my credit card. They add a $5 service fee for e-filing. I then emailed Silencer Shop a scan of my Trust. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. They'll e-file with docs with the BATF today. How much easier could it be?

Not having to do it to begin with would be a hell of a lot easier.

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just called the Silencer Shop in Austin to purchase a suppressor. I gave my name, address, county, phone, email, trust name, and paid the $200 tax and the suppressor cost with my credit card. They add a $5 service fee for e-filing. I then emailed Silencer Shop a scan of my Trust. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. They'll e-file the docs with the BATF today. How much easier could it be?

They're unregulated in the UK.

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got a Form 1 on a D.D. that was submitted in July.
View Quote

details man, details
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I bought a spectre II on Friday, emailed my trust on Monday and away it went.  I called Monday afternoon and spoke with Rich and he told me that they can only e-file form 3s, like you I was under the impression that form 4s with trusts were e-filed as well.  I pressed him to be sure and he said that they would print and mail the forms and trust...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did not realize you still had to wait with the trust. Only thing with the trust is avoiding having the CLEO signature.

Going the Trust route also allows you to e-file, which gives you a "pending" status that day. If you mail in your application, it is running about 8-9 weeks for them to enter your Form into the system to get to pending status. So it appears e-filing saves you 8-9 weeks of wait.

I bought a spectre II on Friday, emailed my trust on Monday and away it went.  I called Monday afternoon and spoke with Rich and he told me that they can only e-file form 3s, like you I was under the impression that form 4s with trusts were e-filed as well.  I pressed him to be sure and he said that they would print and mail the forms and trust...

This is not true, my store has e-filed a number of Form 4s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You also go "pending" the day you e-file. That takes 8 or 9 weeks off the wait.

Bottom-line: I made a phone call and completed the purchase and paperwork process in less than 5 minutes. No driving to the physical location of the suppressor dealer, no waiting for paperwork in the mail from the dealer, and no running to the post office to return the paperwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they cut the 2-3 days off the process by doing it electronically instead of by mail.

Now they just need to work on the other 360 days in the backlog.

You also go "pending" the day you e-file. That takes 8 or 9 weeks off the wait.

Bottom-line: I made a phone call and completed the purchase and paperwork process in less than 5 minutes. No driving to the physical location of the suppressor dealer, no waiting for paperwork in the mail from the dealer, and no running to the post office to return the paperwork.

I have my doubts as to whether it really is going to take time off of the whole process.  I think it just goes pending because there is no queue of envelopes to be opened, checks cashed, etc.  We will see in a year or so.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top