Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:56:26 AM EDT
Woke up at 3am this morning to gunfire. Not uncommon, lots of coyotes around. Then I was up for another 30 minutes listening to about 50 more shots. I assumed a whole box, sounded like a pistol.

Besides the ethics of waking people up, is it legal to target shoot after dark. Just seems a little dangerous to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just seems a little dangerous to me.
View Quote
nancy

you dont got da beams

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
In Montana I shoot at night all the time.

My neighbors don't care, I have had complaints from people who happened to stop that were passing through because "It scared them."  

Usually the people who care tend to be people who are anti-gun or don't know any better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I love taking a few mags of tracers out for some night time debauchery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you train for night shoots?

Most shootings (especially for police) happen after sunset. yet 95% of all shooting practice happens in daylight hours...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Here it is. I have a guy that lives about 200 yards from me on a 1/2 acre that use to shoot 100s of rounds at all hours of the night. As long as the bullets don't leave his property it is legal. He shoots 15 feet from my property line. I had some words with him on a few occasions because of ricochets. He can buy ammo, but wont fix the hole in his roof, or get any of the ten junk cars working.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
IR lasers, suppressors, and NOD's........  Shooting at night is fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure it varies by state, county/parish, and city.  It would be a violation of the noise ordinance here, but legal in other places.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here it is. I have a guy that lives about 200 yards from me on a 1/2 acre that use to shoot 100s of rounds at all hours of the night. As long as the bullets didn't leave his property, it was legal. He shoots 15 feet from my property line. I had some words with him on a few occasions because of ricochets. He can buy ammo, but wont fix the hole in his roof, or get any of the ten junk cars working.
View Quote

Sounds like me ammo mags and guns take priority haha wasted money on the cars and fixing the roof won't do anything when shtf haha
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like me ammo mags and guns take priority haha wasted money on the cars and fixing the roof won't do anything when shtf haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here it is. I have a guy that lives about 200 yards from me on a 1/2 acre that use to shoot 100s of rounds at all hours of the night. As long as the bullets didn't leave his property, it was legal. He shoots 15 feet from my property line. I had some words with him on a few occasions because of ricochets. He can buy ammo, but wont fix the hole in his roof, or get any of the ten junk cars working.

A few years ago I offered to buy a house on 7 acres with a pond that was down the road from us and give it to them if they would trade me for their house. It was a nicer house than what they live in and has a garage...he said no...I think there are six people in there and none know how to pick up trash or push a lawn mower. A big tree fell in their front yard a few years ago. The neighbor across the road has a dozer and offered to take care of it. I would have let them burn it up on my property, but they said no.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here it is. I have a guy that lives about 200 yards from me on a 1/2 acre that use to shoot 100s of rounds at all hours of the night. As long as the bullets didn't leave his property it is legal. He shoots 15 feet from my property line. I had some words with him on a few occasions because of ricochets. He can buy ammo, but wont fix the hole in his roof, or get any of the ten junk cars working.
View Quote

What part of Texas that sounds like someone around my land  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#11]
You know what else I hate?

Cars on the road after dark. You can hear them go by. Sometimes you can even SEE them, with all their fancy headlights and stuff.

Worst of all, once in a while you'll even smell one of them. They should be restricted to daytime use. I don't drive at night. Neither should anyone else. Because America.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#12]
big city thinkin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
This thread has potential.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Woke up at 3am this morning to gunfire. Not uncommon, lots of coyotes around. Then I was up for another 30 minutes listening to about 50 more shots. I assumed a whole box, sounded like a pistol.

Besides the ethics of waking people up, is it legal to target shoot after dark. Just seems a little dangerous to me.
View Quote

Well it is dangerous. You know what else is dangerous, riding a bike. You should ALWAYS wear a helmet, even when not actually riding your bike.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have about a 1/3 of my range time at night...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#16]
swimming after dark, now THATS dangerous.

OP you should be sure no one swims after dark, especially in swimming pools..matter of fact more kids die in pools then by gunfire..YOU
New Yawker's ought to make a law against pools...you can probably get a large percentage of Commifornia types to assist in that measure.

this thinking is one of the numerous reasons I left New England after a brief employ 40 years ago..got to Texas before the rush..
Also why my parents fled over 50 years ago and I have Nothing in common with seemingly any of my family members still living behind enemy lines

those who trade  liberty for security, deserve neither..
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes, its legal
no, its not dangerous.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#18]
OP is fully ready for a revolution and home defense.  But just in daytime.   It all has to stop at night, and start up again after breakfast.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm expecting a lot more to come.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I helped a friend setup lights at his personal range.   Was a 50' wide  path with target in the middle lit for 100 yards.     Lights every 10 yards and was just shy of daylight type lighting on the range portion.    

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP is fully ready for a revolution and home defense.  But just in daytime.   It all has to stop at night, and start up again after breakfast.

View Quote

Like the revolutionary war and the civil war....
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Buy some NVGs, and put a laser on your pistol.  You will be amazed at how accurately you can shoot at night.

How do you think the army operates at night?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Will OP be back? lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I need somewhere to shoot at night. The range i'm a member of doesn't allow it past dark, so i've been pretty limited with opportunities to actually use my nods to shoot with, let alone suppressors and IR lasers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Will OP be back? lol
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Three of my neighbors often shoot at night, just after twilight. One is a deputy, one a police officer, and the other a former magistrate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Shooting after dark is scary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shooting after dark is scary.
View Quote

Agreed. I pissed my pants the last time I thought about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Why not?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You know what else I hate?

Cars on the road after dark. You can hear them go by. Sometimes you can even SEE them, with all their fancy headlights and stuff.

Worst of all, once in a while you'll even smell one of them. They should be restricted to daytime use. I don't drive at night. Neither should anyone else. Because America.

View Quote

Good one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
big city thinkin.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I think you may have joined 11 months to early
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Edited: Never mind, a whole nother can-o-worms.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will OP be back? lol
View Quote

probably never going to return to ARFCOM..
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#36]
That very likely depends on your local government, or perhaps state law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top