Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2013 9:13:31 AM EDT
Every time I place an order online, subscribe to a magazine, or anything that I fear is going to put me on a junk mailing/calling list, I give them my dog's first name.  When required, I provide his age (1:7 dog years), occupation (security consultant), marital status (single)...

My dog gets all kinds of junk mail and telemarketing calls.  NRA applications, credit card applications, Republican fund raisers, and he even got a call from a dating service once.  

The call went something like this:

Me:      Hello?

Caller: Can I speak to Fido (not my dog's real name)?

Me:      Uh... why would you like to speak with him?  

Caller: It's rather personal.  Who is this?  

Me:      I manage Fido's personal business.  I can't provide my name.  

Caller: We are calling about Fido's health insurance.  

Me:      He has no health insurance.  

Caller: That's why I'm calling.  We have an opportunity to provide health insurance for Fido thru our company.  There are opportunities, but you have to act now for Obamacare...

Me:      Fido is my dog.  Can you provide health insurance for him?

Caller: Uhhhhh..... no.  Is everyone in your home covered by health insurance?  We have some opportunities...

Me:      I don't answer those types of questions on the phone.  

Caller: Okay, if you don't want health insurance, I can disconnect this call.  

Me:      Okay  -click-

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you ask if your veterinarian was in network?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Why did you take the call?  You should of put the dog on the line and let him decide the merits of the product.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone registered your dog to vote under the democrat party last election.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did you take the call?  You should of put the dog on the line and let him decide the merits of the product.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Can your dog get an obama phone too?  Maybe the dog could get welfare too?  I must check into this.  All my dog does is lie around all day and lick it's balls -- perfect FSA candidate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/865/w3t0.jpg

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can your dog get an obama phone too?  Maybe the dog could get welfare too?  I must check into this.  All my dog does is lie around all day and lick it's balls -- perfect FSA candidate.
View Quote

I have 2 dogs, and shall soon have a third. I think I need my fair share of Obama money!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I put down my cat's name for things.  He gets grocery store coupons now which really help out.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]
PETA will be after OP.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#11]
As a joke I once used my cat's name on something I sent in the mail.  Apparently, whoever it was sold names and addresses pretty freely, because from then on Ganas McDrinkerbean was getting a slew of junk mail, to include offers for credit cards.  I sent in one of the credit card applications, but either due to her age, her lack of an SSN, or her being without financially compensatory employment, they did not give her the card.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#12]
OP failed. I would have jumped on Zerocare for my dog
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I never knew there was a gif of that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/865/w3t0.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8aqc6SmEu1rn1nx8o1_500.gif

I never knew there was a gif of that.
Same here. Makes it that much funnier.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As a joke I once used my cat's name on something I sent in the mail.  Apparently, whoever it was sold names and addresses pretty freely, because from then on Ganas McDrinkerbean was getting a slew of junk mail, to include offers for credit cards.  I sent in one of the credit card applications, but either due to her age, her lack of an SSN, or her being without financially compensatory employment, they did not give her the card.
View Quote

Hahahaha nice . The cat needs to keep trying though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top