BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was (is?) one of the better counties in CA to get a carry permit.
View Quote

With 2.5% of the state population, we have 11.5% of the state's permits.

4.6 times the state average rate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Bakersfield

From what I hear from long time locals is BPD is more trigger happy then the sheriff.

The sheriff is gun friendly....Almost shall issue CCW.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I live in Bakersfield
View Quote

Sucks to be us.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
So by the son's account, the father was just fine handcuffed in the back of a cruiser.  Just by stating what we know for sure to be true, somewhere between arrest and release, he was beaten so badly that it fractured ribs and vertebrae.  His injuries were not treated or investigated until after he was released.  A crime in and of itself in California.  No charges of battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, or even dissorderly conduct.  Now starts the conjecture.  Had a legit scuffle happened, why would the officers not submit charges for the previous crimes just to cover their ass?  To have a record of what happened so that this guy couldn't just make up a story?  

At the very least they beat the hell out of a guy while he was in custody, no matter how much he was resisting.  Circumstantial evidence of a department completely out of control and some suspicious behavior by the police would point to this guy's story being at least somewhat true.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So by the drunken son's drunken account . . . . . . .
View Quote

Who drunkenly invited LEO into his beef . . . .
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Substantial payout and criminal charges for the LEO's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, pretty sure same thing was said about the Silva incident.  Funny how that played out and how quickly the thread died.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Funny, pretty sure same thing was said about the Silva incident.  Funny how that played out and how quickly the thread died.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, but the usual suspects are back now, in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Absence of both charges AND treatment leads me to wonder: were the injuries inflicted post-release, and at the hands of another?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They tortured Stephen King.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Absence of both charges AND treatment leads me to wonder: were the injuries inflicted post-release, and at the hands of another?
View Quote

Oh you mean that maybe the on duty nurse, that medically clears arrestees for receipt at the booking counter, might have caught that something was wrong and not allowed him to be booked without a hospital visit first?

Or the releasing officer who pulled him out of the drunk tank, or where ever, to return his property wouldnt be able to observe said injuries and get a supervisor?

Naw, that would be using your head and we all know that the conspiracy is more fun to believe.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Or not.

So they just stopped in the middle of the road and beat him up for no reason.

Does not pass the sniff test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone's going to get paid

Or not.

So they just stopped in the middle of the road and beat him up for no reason.

Does not pass the sniff test.

DV brings out the nasty in everybody. Like, the kind of department that plays dumb when its deputies put decals on the cars that say, "We'll kick your ass."

This one is a wait and see for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refresh my memory on Silva?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's got to be a chop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the same Kern County Sheriff that had this logo on their police cars, no joke.

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/26133916.jpg

That's got to be a chop.

It is not. It was true. I know

ETA: I actually know the deputy whose gov that was used for the photo op for a mag like ten years ago.. That is all it was supposed to have been for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Those bruises look like baton strikes to the legs, just like what someone who was resisting arrest would get. I would like to know what was left out of his story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Unless police in Canada use batons the shape of boat oars, they look nothing like any baton-strike injuries I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is is even remotely possible we're not getting the whole story here?

David Sal Silva
View Quote

That's what I'm thinking.. I bet booze was involved too...
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I see what you did there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably should have stopped resisting.  

I see what you did there.

yeah "stop resisting" seems to be the cop equivalent of "why are you hitting yourself"

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Some police are just terrible excuses for human beings. Kern county is a white trash meth head dump. Yes, the Sheriff is gun friendly, but that's about the only good thing about the area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Sal Silva

So because the guy was drunk, the police don't need to report the fact that they beat him within an inch of his life. What happened to the charges? Some things don't need to be seen, in this case, the other half of the story is moot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So because the guy was drunk, the police don't need to report the fact that they beat him within an inch of his life. What happened to the charges? Some things don't need to be seen, in this case, the other half of the story is moot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Sal Silva

I never said that. If they were the ones who used force then they should have documented it and filed a report with the DA's office, but I don't buy the story that he didn't do anything and they just beat him up for fun..
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#21]
This story shocks me.

I had no idea people still lived in Onyx.

No, seriously--it's a few scattered houses and a store I've never seen open. The kind of place that--if your car broke down at night--you'd lock your doors, close your eyes, and refuse to open them until sunlight was felt on your face...regardless of what the voices outside the windows were whispering, or what scratched on the roof.

Youngblood's a good guy.  I'm betting there is a lot more to this story. There is a LOT of meth in the area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Short story.

1) Drunk son calls police on father with fake story about domestic abuse.
2) Police arrest dad.
3) Police administer roadside justice fracturing ribs and causing vertebral disc herniations.
4) Police cut dad loose after they realize their was no crime.
5) Complaint filed with Sheriff yet no Internal Affairs investigation is ever done.
6) Story ends up in Daily News.
View Quote

Shorter story anybody that decides to live in Kern County deserves it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as one believes an entire jail's humanity content, including deputies, nurses, jail techs, inmates (who would have seen the injuries too, and love nothing better than to report excessive force, whether real or imagined) and cameras are involved in a mass conspiracy together, then the complainant's unsupported story makes perfect sense.

But it doesn't yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#24]
LOL Been there, complaint filed by a social worker on the word of a coward officer...Sgt laughed when he investigated me...inmate threatened me, inmate swung and inmate went into the wall...no strikes on my part...I love Kali....same social worker was fired for wearing short skirts, no panties and well you figure...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top