User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm home. Parents came back at 10:50. We all hung out until about 1:00 at the fire laughing and telling stories. Good time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't do it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You think I'd possibly consider drinking?

We just spent half an hour trying to catch bullfrogs in their pond.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shes 13 and she still needs a babysitter? Most 13 yo girls ARE a babysitter....wait...who is watching who?

Did your friends at least leave you some good beer and food in the fridge?

A teenager not glued to the tv/computer/phone?

My god there's hope.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My god there's hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shes 13 and she still needs a babysitter? Most 13 yo girls ARE a babysitter....wait...who is watching who?

My god there's hope.

Nope no TV, only texting was with her mom, no phone use other than ordering the pizza.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mark D:
We have a friend of the family that was finally exonerated of false charges brought against him for the exact same situation described in the OP.  The last three years have pretty much destroyed his life - all because he was trying to help someone out.

NEVER be alone with another person's kid.  N. E. V. E. R.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
only texting was with her mom
View Quote

'mom this old guy is creepy'
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
His name was HiramRanger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope no TV, only texting was with her mom, no phone use other than ordering the pizza.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My god there's hope.

On to the important part.  Did you catch any of the Bullfrogs and were the legs tasty?  

The FROG legs you fucking perverts!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Uncle CannonFodder? Is that you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And by single I mean never married, no kids, no nieces or nephews, pretty much very little contact with kids as an adult.

Same thing here. I the only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

Uncle CannonFodder? Is that you?

Have you looked into youth clubs or groups around?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
At least you have a LEGIT reason to watch My Little Pony and similar.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, some of you guys have serious issues.

Volumes of issues.

subscriptions and archives even

Library of Congress sized archives...

Seriously, though, it's a teenage girl, not a testicle eating piranha.  If we replaced "teenage girl" with "concealed carry permit" you guys would sound like a bunch of hysterical anti-gun libs.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Five pages and no one has asked the most important question yet:  Is she hot?

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad you survived, OP!

I'll jump right on the paranoia train, though, and say I would be very hesitant to be in that situation.  My neighbors have a 14 yo daughter.  They've been our neighbors for 8 years, so I've known the girl since she was a 1st grader and I've developed some paternal feelings towards her over the years.  But THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'D BE IN A POSITION WHERE IT'S JUST ME AND THIS GIRL!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Five pages and no one has asked the most important question yet:  Is she hot?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

AMEN!  It would be safer to swim with sharks while wearing a codpiece made from used tampons than be in the OP's position right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD is so damn paranoid.

Avoid tickle fights, but other than that don't worry about it.  She probably thinks its stupid that her parents think she needs supervision.  Just give her space and do your own thing.

People are always paranoid until they end up being the exception to the rule...

AMEN!  It would be safer to swim with sharks while wearing a codpiece made from used tampons than be in the OP's position right now.

Uh wha?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#17]

HAH! I remember that episode!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How would you defend yourself against an wrongful accusation...

Really...

I have a 10yr old step granddaughter I won't sit alone due to this.
View Quote

This.

I work with kids and ALWAYS have another adult present.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a better question.....is the mom hot and did you have a 3some when they came home....and the kid went to bed....pigs
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a better question.....is the mom hot and did you have a 3some when they came home....and the kid went to bed....pigs
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah a little inappropriate.

No, mom is not attractive, she and her husband are friends.

I was glad to be able to help them out despite the paranoia you all engendered.

Mom posted on Facebook today that she really appreciated it, and their daughter had a great time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's no family tree, that a family vine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This, my 27yr old wife has a 1/2 sis that is 13 from their dad, a 1/2 bro from their dad.... and then a 1/2 sis that is 12 and a 1/2 bro that is 8 from their mom.  Well when the 12yr old came out to visit over the summer I was NEVER alone in the same room with her and when the 13yr old is around/ over same rule applies now mind you I have a 6yr old daughter and 3yr old boy but I will not take ANY chances with it as nuts as her ENTIRE family is.

That's no family tree, that a family vine.

HAHA its gets better though, MIL is a CA native (born and raised) and FIL is a raging liberal as well that went to CA before college to "figure himself out" SO yes there is lots of crazy in that family vine...  My wifes reaction when I tell her access her un crazy side
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Freud would have a field day with some of the replies in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Really, if she likes you, you won't have a problem having fun together.  Cards, board games, movies, whatever, right?

ETA - I see I'm a little late.  The pedo jokes were dumb.  Glad you two had a good time, OP.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad you survived, OP!

I'll jump right on the paranoia train, though, and say I would be very hesitant to be in that situation.  My neighbors have a 14 yo daughter.  They've been our neighbors for 8 years, so I've known the girl since she was a 1st grader and I've developed some paternal feelings towards her over the years.  But THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'D BE IN A POSITION WHERE IT'S JUST ME AND THIS GIRL!
View Quote

Similar situation here.  Known the 10 y/o next door since she was one.  Will visit with her only in our front yard or hers during daylight hours, with her mom's knowledge and approval.  Told the mom flat out I'd never babysit her kids.  She totally gets it.  Her husband never stays in the house without her when their kids have friends over.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

HAH! I remember that episode!!!!
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How would you defend yourself against an wrongful accusation...

Really...

I have a 10yr old step granddaughter I won't sit alone due to this.
View Quote

Paranoid much
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I figure I'll just wait until right before I die and then sell my guns. That's assuming I actually HAVE guns, of course. Which I'm not saying I do. Guns are, after all, icky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And by single I mean never married, no kids, no nieces or nephews, pretty much very little contact with kids as an adult.

The only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

I figure I'll just wait until right before I die and then sell my guns. That's assuming I actually HAVE guns, of course. Which I'm not saying I do. Guns are, after all, icky.

Single so far here. Mine will go to my nephew as long as he turns out right. If not I will find someone young or multiple someones that appreciates quality firearms. Someone that reminds me of myself at my current age.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Similar situation here.  Known the 10 y/o next door since she was one.  Will visit with her only in our front yard or hers during daylight hours, with her mom's knowledge and approval.  Told the mom flat out I'd never babysit her kids.  She totally gets it.  Her husband never stays in the house without her when their kids have friends over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad you survived, OP!

I must not be paranoid enough.  Ex left when daughter was 13, moved out of state.  I continued to allow daughter to have sleepovers, some of daughter's friends have gone with us on trips out of state for the weekend, had two of them in our hotel room at Dragon*Con this past weekend (17 and 18 now).  

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#30]
HurricaineAllie is 12, her one friend lost her guest status and now gets treated like family She is like a daughter, I may live in the woods, but grew up in what passed for civilization at the time.  As the head of the household, they are under my protection....peroid
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I must not be paranoid enough.  Ex left when daughter was 13, moved out of state.  I continued to allow daughter to have sleepovers, some of daughter's friends have gone with us on trips out of state for the weekend, had two of them in our hotel room at Dragon*Con this past weekend (17 and 18 now).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad you survived, OP!

Go on..............

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad you survived, OP!

What I didn't mention about the 14 yo next door, is that she's very emotional and moody.  Not unusual for a girl her age, but the kicker is that she tells my wife and me about her regular visits with her psychological therapist, and she seems proud of it.  I fear the crazy is strong in this one.  She's very attractive, too (no pedo), so I foresee some emotionally gutted, male wreckage littering the break-down lane of her future life path.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]
In summary,

OP babysat 13 year old girl all alone.
Girl said she had a good time and her mom posted on Facebook which can now be entered in to evidence.
We also know that the girl spent all night outside with OP despite repeated opportunities to go inside to watch TV, etc.

With all of this evidence, we are able to conclude that girl has crush on OP.
She will probably become jealous when OP doesn't show her attention and cry in front of a school official.
The school official who will be an Obama voter will accuse OP.
Cops will raid home.  OP will post thread on here that cops are tossing flashbangs in his house.
His dog will be shot and OP may be gunned down by federal agents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#34]
In summary,

Girl said she had a good time and her mom posted on Facebook which can now be entered in to evidence.
We also know that the girl spent all night outside with OP despite repeated opportunities to go inside to watch TV, etc.

She will probably become jealous when OP doesn't show her attention and cry in front of a school official.
Cops will raid home. OP will post thread on here that cops are tossing flashbangs in his house.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In summary,

Cops will raid home.  OP will post thread on here that cops are tossing flashbangs in his house.
View Quote

How did you know I'm posting from the prison library?

Me and Bubba

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm a terrible babysitter.  My sister was over one time with my nephew who was about 2 at the time.  She said "Can you keep an eye on him for a second?  I need to run out to my car."

"Sure", I say.  About 5 minutes later, she says "Well it's a good thing I was standing on the front porch on my phone".  "Why?", I say.  Apparently, he opened the door and walked out onto the porch.  I wasn't aware he could work doorknobs.  Lesson learned.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]
well you are a lawyer? you should be popular there
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Hiram gets my vote for creepiest thread title of 2013.

Muted congrats?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#39]
-
Quoted:

Single so far here. Mine will go to my nephew as long as he turns out right. If not I will find someone young or multiple someones that appreciates quality firearms. Someone that reminds me of myself at my current age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

I'm a cubs fan.  Have family in Indiana.

I'll take care of your guns uncle carbine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
well you are a lawyer? you should be popular there
View Quote

You take that back right now! I'm no lawyer!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
It's actually pretty disturbing that this thread has over 11k views.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm quite popular
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I'm sorry, so are you just Bubba's bitch?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Nanny cam sees everything, but if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jailhouse lawyer, no need to pass the bar...

Can I file a frivolous lawsuit for you over the foot fungus you got in the shower?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not disturbing. It's just rare nowadays that you hear anything about a guy doing something nice and a good kid doing nothing wrong. Makes people feel good about the world. People like to feel good. Pretty simple. Good job OP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I was told to use the pool and hot tub if I wanted... Not a chance!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No reply in an hour.

His name was HiramRanger.

Got the fire pit going, pizza is on the way, all good.

Sounds like a nice and cozy dinner :) Will music be playing or will there be skinny dipping in the pond afterwards
Just yanking your chain man. Still not something I'd do.

I was told to use the pool and hot tub if I wanted... Not a chance!

So that's a nay on the pool party?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Can I file a frivolous lawsuit for you over the foot fungus you got in the shower?
View Quote

Thanks, but I have 3 law firms I use......
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top