Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:47:15 AM
Nope.
HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 1:39:55 AM
I'm home. Parents came back at 10:50. We all hung out until about 1:00 at the fire laughing and telling stories. Good time.
"And as for the critics, they tell me I don't get. Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it," Jay-Z
JuniorJr
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:01:15 AM
Wouldn't do it.

Towely
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:03:42 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By GoBigRed:
Shes 13 and she still needs a babysitter? Most 13 yo girls ARE a babysitter....wait...who is watching who?

Did your friends at least leave you some good beer and food in the fridge?

You think I'd possibly consider drinking?

We just spent half an hour trying to catch bullfrogs in their pond.

A teenager not glued to the tv/computer/phone?

My god there's hope.
HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:07:57 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Towely:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Shes 13 and she still needs a babysitter? Most 13 yo girls ARE a babysitter....wait...who is watching who?

My god there's hope.

Nope no TV, only texting was with her mom, no phone use other than ordering the pizza.
"And as for the critics, they tell me I don't get. Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it," Jay-Z
Dana1972
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:17:14 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Mark D:
We have a friend of the family that was finally exonerated of false charges brought against him for the exact same situation described in the OP. The last three years have pretty much destroyed his life - all because he was trying to help someone out.

NEVER be alone with another person's kid. N. E. V. E. R.

This.
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 8:01:48 AM
only texting was with her mom

'mom this old guy is creepy'
Homeland Security is the American People

You can't see the wind can you? ....But you can feel it and feel it's effects all around you correct? 1GunRunner

كافر

Eric the Hun Rest in Peace
RIO-lover
AR15.com official nickname Howling Mad
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:19:07 AM
His name was HiramRanger.
Rent never buy......... you don't have to pay for the maintenance and it's easier to upgrade to a newer model.

RIO-lover is on a constant quest for premium trim.
HRomberg
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:34:35 AM
Originally Posted By Towely:

My god there's hope.

Nope no TV, only texting was with her mom, no phone use other than ordering the pizza.

On to the important part. Did you catch any of the Bullfrogs and were the legs tasty?

The FROG legs you fucking perverts!
Tree hugging Gun totin' Free love Capitalist Hippie Atheist libertarian
Plotting to take over the world and leave everyone alone.
Freiheit Uber Alles biyatch!
King_Mud
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:42:37 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By andersw:
Originally Posted By CannonFodder4U:
And by single I mean never married, no kids, no nieces or nephews, pretty much very little contact with kids as an adult.

Same thing here. I the only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

Uncle CannonFodder? Is that you?

Have you looked into youth clubs or groups around?
Timco
Boiler guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:51:38 AM
At least you have a LEGIT reason to watch My Little Pony and similar.
'Cause you know the Germans make good stuff!
chibajoe
Swimming in a fishbowl
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:57:36 AM
[Last Edit: 9/5/2013 11:09:50 AM by chibajoe]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By MEDIKEIGHTED:
Originally Posted By MEDIKEIGHTED:
Originally Posted By RebFootCav:
Originally Posted By chibajoe:
Jesus, some of you guys have serious issues.

Volumes of issues.

subscriptions and archives even

Library of Congress sized archives...

Seriously, though, it's a teenage girl, not a testicle eating piranha. If we replaced "teenage girl" with "concealed carry permit" you guys would sound like a bunch of hysterical anti-gun libs.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes...
That way, when you do judge them, you will be a mile away, and they will have no shoes.
ILoveGauge
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 11:29:50 AM
[Last Edit: 9/5/2013 11:30:30 AM by ILoveGauge]

Five pages and no one has asked the most important question yet: Is she hot?

Vaux
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 11:35:50 AM
Glad you survived, OP!

I'll jump right on the paranoia train, though, and say I would be very hesitant to be in that situation. My neighbors have a 14 yo daughter. They've been our neighbors for 8 years, so I've known the girl since she was a 1st grader and I've developed some paternal feelings towards her over the years. But THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'D BE IN A POSITION WHERE IT'S JUST ME AND THIS GIRL!
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

"By the way, I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar." - Dr. Zoidberg
chibajoe
Swimming in a fishbowl
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 11:44:39 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ILoveGauge:

Five pages and no one has asked the most important question yet: Is she hot?

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes...
That way, when you do judge them, you will be a mile away, and they will have no shoes.
mysticookiebear
When in doubt, WHIP IT OUT!!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 11:58:45 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By devilskwerl:
Originally Posted By GotGuns:
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
GD is so damn paranoid.

Avoid tickle fights, but other than that don't worry about it. She probably thinks its stupid that her parents think she needs supervision. Just give her space and do your own thing.

People are always paranoid until they end up being the exception to the rule...

AMEN! It would be safer to swim with sharks while wearing a codpiece made from used tampons than be in the OP's position right now.

Uh wha?
mysticookiebear
When in doubt, WHIP IT OUT!!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 11:59:54 AM

HAH! I remember that episode!!!!
g3shooter
Crotchety Fuck
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:29:30 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Abearir:
How would you defend yourself against an wrongful accusation...

Really...

I have a 10yr old step granddaughter I won't sit alone due to this.

This.

I work with kids and ALWAYS have another adult present.

This post brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon and public schooling.
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:29:52 PM
I have a better question.....is the mom hot and did you have a 3some when they came home....and the kid went to bed....pigs

You can't see the wind can you? ....But you can feel it and feel it's effects all around you correct? 1GunRunner

كافر

Tweek218
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:54:32 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TheWind:
I have a better question.....is the mom hot and did you have a 3some when they came home....and the kid went to bed....pigs

HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 1:24:46 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Tweek218:
Originally Posted By TheWind:

Yeah a little inappropriate.

No, mom is not attractive, she and her husband are friends.

I was glad to be able to help them out despite the paranoia you all engendered.

Mom posted on Facebook today that she really appreciated it, and their daughter had a great time.
Ghost271911
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:14:33 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By tcrpe:
Originally Posted By Ghost271911:
This, my 27yr old wife has a 1/2 sis that is 13 from their dad, a 1/2 bro from their dad.... and then a 1/2 sis that is 12 and a 1/2 bro that is 8 from their mom. Well when the 12yr old came out to visit over the summer I was NEVER alone in the same room with her and when the 13yr old is around/ over same rule applies now mind you I have a 6yr old daughter and 3yr old boy but I will not take ANY chances with it as nuts as her ENTIRE family is.

That's no family tree, that a family vine.

HAHA its gets better though, MIL is a CA native (born and raised) and FIL is a raging liberal as well that went to CA before college to "figure himself out" SO yes there is lots of crazy in that family vine... My wifes reaction when I tell her access her un crazy side
NY_Shooter

Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 4:44:41 PM
Freud would have a field day with some of the replies in this thread.

eracer
Building up my immunity to Iocane...
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 4:50:07 PM
[Last Edit: 9/5/2013 4:52:00 PM by eracer]
Really, if she likes you, you won't have a problem having fun together. Cards, board games, movies, whatever, right?

ETA - I see I'm a little late. The pedo jokes were dumb. Glad you two had a good time, OP.

"I swear I'm going to make this into a forum full of non-retards one damn click at a time..."
- OMCHamlin -
JuniorJr
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 5:12:49 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Vaux:
Glad you survived, OP!

I'll jump right on the paranoia train, though, and say I would be very hesitant to be in that situation. My neighbors have a 14 yo daughter. They've been our neighbors for 8 years, so I've known the girl since she was a 1st grader and I've developed some paternal feelings towards her over the years. But THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'D BE IN A POSITION WHERE IT'S JUST ME AND THIS GIRL!

Similar situation here. Known the 10 y/o next door since she was one. Will visit with her only in our front yard or hers during daylight hours, with her mom's knowledge and approval. Told the mom flat out I'd never babysit her kids. She totally gets it. Her husband never stays in the house without her when their kids have friends over.

SirSqueeboo
2012 Cockpocalypse Survivor
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 5:30:23 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By mysticookiebear:

HAH! I remember that episode!!!!

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is ok. Keep that in mind at all times.

-Bill Hicks
BubbaDog81
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 5:40:02 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Abearir:
How would you defend yourself against an wrongful accusation...

Really...

I have a 10yr old step granddaughter I won't sit alone due to this.

Paranoid much
carbine_red
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 9:35:59 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By MikefromTX:
And by single I mean never married, no kids, no nieces or nephews, pretty much very little contact with kids as an adult.

The only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

I figure I'll just wait until right before I die and then sell my guns. That's assuming I actually HAVE guns, of course. Which I'm not saying I do. Guns are, after all, icky.

Single so far here. Mine will go to my nephew as long as he turns out right. If not I will find someone young or multiple someones that appreciates quality firearms. Someone that reminds me of myself at my current age.
"I may be drunk, but I'm still a doctor."
-clivus
LoneWolf545
http://www.xring.com/
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:40:54 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By JuniorJr:
Originally Posted By Vaux:
Glad you survived, OP!

Similar situation here. Known the 10 y/o next door since she was one. Will visit with her only in our front yard or hers during daylight hours, with her mom's knowledge and approval. Told the mom flat out I'd never babysit her kids. She totally gets it. Her husband never stays in the house without her when their kids have friends over.

I must not be paranoid enough. Ex left when daughter was 13, moved out of state. I continued to allow daughter to have sleepovers, some of daughter's friends have gone with us on trips out of state for the weekend, had two of them in our hotel room at Dragon*Con this past weekend (17 and 18 now).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 9:51:42 AM
HurricaineAllie is 12, her one friend lost her guest status and now gets treated like family She is like a daughter, I may live in the woods, but grew up in what passed for civilization at the time. As the head of the household, they are under my protection....peroid

كافر

NY_Shooter

Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:21:44 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:
Originally Posted By JuniorJr:
Glad you survived, OP!

I must not be paranoid enough. Ex left when daughter was 13, moved out of state. I continued to allow daughter to have sleepovers, some of daughter's friends have gone with us on trips out of state for the weekend, had two of them in our hotel room at Dragon*Con this past weekend (17 and 18 now).

Go on..............

Vaux
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:28:53 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:
Originally Posted By JuniorJr:
Glad you survived, OP!

What I didn't mention about the 14 yo next door, is that she's very emotional and moody. Not unusual for a girl her age, but the kicker is that she tells my wife and me about her regular visits with her psychological therapist, and she seems proud of it. I fear the crazy is strong in this one. She's very attractive, too (no pedo), so I foresee some emotionally gutted, male wreckage littering the break-down lane of her future life path.
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

"By the way, I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar." - Dr. Zoidberg
Jdawg_Valdez
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:20:59 PM
In summary,

OP babysat 13 year old girl all alone.
Girl said she had a good time and her mom posted on Facebook which can now be entered in to evidence.
We also know that the girl spent all night outside with OP despite repeated opportunities to go inside to watch TV, etc.

With all of this evidence, we are able to conclude that girl has crush on OP.
She will probably become jealous when OP doesn't show her attention and cry in front of a school official.
The school official who will be an Obama voter will accuse OP.
Cops will raid home. OP will post thread on here that cops are tossing flashbangs in his house.
His dog will be shot and OP may be gunned down by federal agents.
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:27:11 PM
In summary,

Girl said she had a good time and her mom posted on Facebook which can now be entered in to evidence.
We also know that the girl spent all night outside with OP despite repeated opportunities to go inside to watch TV, etc.

She will probably become jealous when OP doesn't show her attention and cry in front of a school official.
Cops will raid home. OP will post thread on here that cops are tossing flashbangs in his house.

كافر

HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:30:02 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:
In summary,

How did you know I'm posting from the prison library?

Me and Bubba

NY_Shooter

Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:33:39 PM
I'm a terrible babysitter. My sister was over one time with my nephew who was about 2 at the time. She said "Can you keep an eye on him for a second? I need to run out to my car."

"Sure", I say. About 5 minutes later, she says "Well it's a good thing I was standing on the front porch on my phone". "Why?", I say. Apparently, he opened the door and walked out onto the porch. I wasn't aware he could work doorknobs. Lesson learned.

TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:34:22 PM
well you are a lawyer? you should be popular there

كافر

rob78
Professional Hobbyist
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:41:34 PM
Hiram gets my vote for creepiest thread title of 2013.

Muted congrats?
"A goverment that's big enough to do everything for us, is powerful enough to do anything to us."
--Fred Dalton Thompson

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."
rob78
Professional Hobbyist
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:45:22 PM
-
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By carbine_red:
Originally Posted By MikefromTX:

The only thing that worries me, is who will I leave my guns to when I die.

I figure I'll just wait until right before I die and then sell my guns. That's assuming I actually HAVE guns, of course. Which I'm not saying I do. Guns are, after all, icky.

Single so far here. Mine will go to my nephew as long as he turns out right. If not I will find someone young or multiple someones that appreciates quality firearms. Someone that reminds me of myself at my current age.

I'm a cubs fan. Have family in Indiana.

I'll take care of your guns uncle carbine.
"A goverment that's big enough to do everything for us, is powerful enough to do anything to us."
--Fred Dalton Thompson

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."
HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:47:00 PM
well you are a lawyer? you should be popular there

You take that back right now! I'm no lawyer!
johnny_dot_exe
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:49:12 PM
It's actually pretty disturbing that this thread has over 11k views.
VTEC just kicked in, yo.

Official ARFCOM Callsign: Gamer.
HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:55:17 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

I'm quite popular
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 6:48:51 PM

I'm sorry, so are you just Bubba's bitch?

كافر

JAGERBOMBER
armatissimi e liberissimi
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 6:57:53 PM
Nanny cam sees everything, but if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
HiramRanger
Helldog's Nummy Nums
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 6:59:50 PM

I'm sorry, so are you just Bubba's bitch?

Jailhouse lawyer, no need to pass the bar...

Can I file a frivolous lawsuit for you over the foot fungus you got in the shower?
bluebus
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 7:13:46 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

Not disturbing. It's just rare nowadays that you hear anything about a guy doing something nice and a good kid doing nothing wrong. Makes people feel good about the world. People like to feel good. Pretty simple. Good job OP.
DriveNASCAR
No gods or kings. Only man.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2013 7:28:09 PM
Originally Posted By Daps:
Originally Posted By Breathe_Squeeze:
No reply in an hour.

His name was HiramRanger.

Got the fire pit going, pizza is on the way, all good.

Sounds like a nice and cozy dinner :) Will music be playing or will there be skinny dipping in the pond afterwards
Just yanking your chain man. Still not something I'd do.

I was told to use the pool and hot tub if I wanted... Not a chance!

So that's a nay on the pool party?
"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors...and miss." - Robert A. Heinlein
TheWind
FREE SOUTH JERSEY
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/8/2013 7:43:33 PM
Can I file a frivolous lawsuit for you over the foot fungus you got in the shower?

Thanks, but I have 3 law firms I use......

كافر

Page:  / 5
Next Page