Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/1/2013 5:16:10 PM EDT

Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that

you can rely on. Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that NSA can frequently

find ways around it.

– Edward Snowden, answering questions live on the Guardian's website

The NSA has been in the news a lot lately, and it's downright scary just how much privacy we've given up.  It doesn't have to be that way, though.  There are tools out there that will let you take your privacy back.  One of the most popular and widely available strong crypto systems is PGP encryption which you can use to secure  email and forum messages.  It's also military grade encryption, so how often do you get to play with something like that?    If you don't have your own PGP key pair you're an Obama-loving commie.

PGP stands for "Pretty Good Privacy" (which is kind of a joke, because it's actually really strong encryption).  It's a form of encryption known as 'public key' encryption or 'asymmetric key' encryption.  When most people think of encryption, they think of scrambling data in a way that only a single password or key will unlock it.  That type of encryption could work for things like email or messaging if you had the chance to share the key with the recipient beforehand in person, but if you've never met them and are worried about an eavesdropper watching your email or PM, sharing the key in a way to guarantee privacy becomes impractical.  That's where public key cryptography comes in.

Public key cryptography was designed to facilitate communications between people who have never met and wish to communicate privately over a an insecure channel such as email.  In public key crypto, each user gets two keys instead of just one. They're long strings of mathematical numbers that are related in such a way that they have a special property: whatever you scramble with one key, the other will unlock, and vice-­versa.  What's more, they're the only keys that can do this ­--if you can unscramble a message with one key, you know it was scrambled with the other (and vice-­versa).  Each user will publish their public key while keeping their private key, well, private.

Suppose I wish to send a message to Bob.  I want Bob to be sure that it is actually me that sent it, and I want Bob to be the only person who can read it.  Each of us have already generated a pair of PGP keys (more on this below) and published our public keys (by say, posting them in a thread on AR15.com).  I first look up bob's public key and import it into my PGP program.  I write my message, and then I sign it with my private key.  Signing it scrambles it with my private key, but anyone can use my public key to unscramble it.  This shows Bob, or anyone who has access to my signed note, that I was the one who wrote it because I am the only one who knows my private key.  Now I take my signed message and I encrypt it using Bob's public key.  Once I do this, nobody but Bob (not even me) can unscramble it because Bob is the only one with his private key.  Then I send the message to Bob via email, PM, or I could even post it in a thread that Bob will see.  Bob will then use his private key to unscramble the message, then verify with my public key that I am the author.

The above process sounds a bit complicated, but once you practice a couple times it's as easy as pie.  It's also really easy to practice.

GETTING STARTED

We'll be using an open source implementation of PGP which is based on the OpenPGP standard.  The Free Software Foundation developed its own OpenPGP-compliant program called GNU Privacy Guard (abbreviated GnuPG or GPG).  In the crypto world open source is very important.  It's pretty easy to develop a crypto system that you're not smart enough to crack.  The trick is developing a system that nobody else can crack either.  The German Enigma cipher box had a flaw which allowed Alan Turing to break the code and let the allies read all the nazi mail.  By publishing all the algorithms and source code of a crypto system we let all the Alan Turings in the world to try their hardest to break the system.  If they do, then we know we have to build something better.  The particular GnuPG program we will be using is called gpg4usb.  It's a small, self-contained program you can run right from a USB stick.  It works for Windows and Linux.  (There are Mac based PGP programs too, such as GPGTools.)

Tutorials and guides:  http://gpg4usb.cpunk.de/docu.html

(further reading to harden your endpoint security:  https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/sites/default/files/encryption_works.pdf )

Follow the download link and save the zip file.  In the zip file is a single directory which holds the entire gpg4usb program; there is no install.  You can extract that directory to any location on your PC or on a USB drive.  To run gpg4usb, open the folder and run the start_windows file.

When run the first time it will look like the screen below, with a First Start Wizard which will help you generate your key pair.

Leave the language as System Default and click the next button.  Click on the 'create a new keypair' link in the window.

Clicking the 'Create New Key' button brings up the window below:

At this point it should be noted that the name and email address you use here for generating this key will be embedded into the public key in an unencrypted form, and will be used in your PGP program to identify the key.  When you publish your public key (for example, by posting it to a forum), anyone will be able to import your public key into their PGP program and read the name and email attached to it.  When you generate your key, I'd suggest using your profile name, and your profile name @ AR15.com as a bogus email address, unless you're comfortable putting your email address in the open, in which case you can use your normal email address.

I'll chose for my key to never expire and I'll leave the keySize at the default 2048 bits.  2048 is the minimum you should use right now, with 4096 offering much more secure, but is twice as long (your public key, which you post, will be more cumbersome).

You will need to choose a password which will be used each time you access your private key (the private key is scrambled on your hard drive and accessed with this password).  So each time you want to decrypt a PGP message someone has sent you, or sign a message you're going to send, you'll need to enter this password.  Google password strength and follow the directions to pick a strong password for your private key.

After I've filled out the fields they look like this  (I forgot to check 'Never Expire' before taking this screenshot):

After hitting 'ok' your computer will generate your keys.  It could take a minute depending on how fast your computer is.  Then you can hit 'finish.'

Now I have the gpg4usb user interface open.  On the right I have my keys and on the left I have my text windows.  Above the text windows are all the different encrypt/decrypt etc. options I can choose.

The keys on the right include the pair I just generated and also the public key for the gpg4usb developers.  Now would be a great time to play around with your key-pair by signing, encrypting, decrypting, and verifying a message.

Step 1: Sign a message

First, we write a message.  For this example, I've selected a few choice stanzas from the mcuzi rant.  I then select my key-pair, and then hit 'Sign.'

After entering my password, the text will be converted into the signed text.  You can see now it has a header and footer, as well as some gibberish at the bottom, which represents the signature based on my private key.  To generate the signature, PGP takes all my text and grinds it up in a specific way to produce a unique number called a hash.  By changing only one letter in my text, the hash value would be completely changed.  For all intents and purposes, each body of text I may write would have one unique hash.  PGP then encrypts this hash value with my private key.  Now everybody can check the signature with my public key and verify it was signed by my private key.  In fact, I can do this now by clicking on the 'Verify' button above.  gnu4pgp will hash the message, decrypt the signature with my public key, and compare the two hashes.  If they match, it will show the verification on the bottom of the screen.  Clicking on the 'Details' button gives me more info about the signature:

It should be noted that signing a message includes the date and time as well as the Name and Email you used to create your key pair inside the signature.

Now, as a check to make sure gpg4usb is really checking the signature, I'm going to delete one single character from my text and then hit 'Verify.'  PGP now tells me that the signature for the text is not correct:

(Note the red box was added by me in Paint, and isn't a feature of the PGP.  The original text can't be back-generated from the signature.)

By adding back the character I can re-verify and see that the signature now matches the message.  So, now we can encrypt the message.  Normally, we would encrypt the message with the recipients public key (say, Bob), but for now we'll encrypt it with our own public key so we can look at decrypting it in another step.

To encrypt the message we select our key pair from the list of keys on the right and hit 'Encrypt.'  Now we have this:

This entire text makes up our encrypted PGP message.  If I had used Bob's public key instead of my own, I could now send this text in its entirety (including the --BEGIN...  and --END... header and footer) to Bob via email, PM, or posting it to a forum.  If I mess up and delete any of the characters from the message (especially from say the header), then the message won't be valid to be decrypted by the correct private key anymore.

Now pretend this message is from Bob, who encrypted it with our public key and sent it to us in a PM on the forum.  We would select all the text, including header and footer in our browser PM window, and copy it. Then open up gpg4usb and paste the encrypted text into a fresh text window (File->New for a new text window if needed).  Hitting the 'Decrypt' button will ask us for our password to uncover our private key, and then voila!  Our message appears in plain text.  Note that our key doesn't have to be selected--the name, email address, and fingerprint from our public key is included in the encrypted message.  Gpg4usb will check our keys and see if we have the corresponding private key (which we do) and then ask us for our password to decrypt the message, after which we see our message!  We can click 'Verify' too, and it will check the signature with our public key (Bob's public key if the message were from Bob) and verify it.  I would now suggest playing around with the text editors by writing a message, signing it, encrypting it with your public key, decrypting it, and checking the signature.  See what happens if you delete a character from the message and how that effects the signature verify or the decryption.

Also, try signing your message with the gpg4usb-project key.  It won't let you because you only have the public key (private keys are for signing and decrypting).  Try encrypting your message with the pgp4usb-project public key.  You should notice that you cannot now decrypt it because you don't have the corresponding private key.  Did you keep a copy of your message?  Remember, once you encrypt a message with someone else's public key, you won't be able to decrypt the message.  (gpg4usb has an undo function which will undo editing operations including the encrypt function in a word window in case you forgot to save a copy for yourself.  This is done with program memory which stores a copy of your message in plain text, not by decrypting it.)  Some PGP programs integrated into an email program will automatically encrypt a copy of the message with your own public key as well as the recipient's public key so you'll have a copy for your records.  gpg4usb can do this too.  Simply check your own key as well as the recipient's public key.  Now either your private key or the recipient's private key can unlock the message.  So if you wish to keep a copy for yourself, you can either store a clear text copy on your computer (not recommended if you are sending something sensitive), or encrypt the message with both your and the recipient's public key and save a copy for yourself.  Be aware that while the message is in transit out in the world, it is protected by the strength of your public-private key pair.  If a bad guy gets a hold of your computer, your messages and private key are protected by the strength of the password you chose which hides your private key (so if you're doing something sensitive, google password strength and follow the directions to pick a strong password for your private key).

So, now that we've played around a bit with our own key-pair, lets look at importing somebody else's public key so we can send them private messages.  

Our buddy Bob has posted his public key to the Arfcom PGP Public key thread.  In his post sig line we see he has a link to his public PGP post.  We follow it and we see his his post which starts with "-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----" followed by a bunch of gibberish.  In order to load Bob's public key into our PGP program, we need to copy all of that, including the header and footer.  Selecting all the text and then a simple right-click-copy or ctrl-c works great.  Then we bring up gpg4usb and paste it into a clean text window (File->new if you need a new one).  You can import directly from the clipboard, but I prefer to paste it into a new text window so I can make sure I got the whole key, including header and footer).  Then click the 'Import Key' button, and select 'Editor.'

If we did the copy/paste/import correctly, we'll get a window showing our new key's info.  Hit okay, and now we have Bob's public key (or jakjakman's key, in this case).

For the Arfcom PGP club, the first key you'll want to import is the AR15.com PGP club key.  It's posed directly below this post.  Then you'll be able to send me encrypted messages and I can respond, so you can test it out.  You can also import other member's keys and send them messages as well.  A final goal for AR15.com would be for every PM interaction with other Arfcom members to be done through PGP encryption, especially when using the equipment exchange.  You can send messages by simply responding and pasting the encrypted text into the window and hitting reply, or you can send them via PM.

Post your public keys to this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_124/1527552_.html

(you can post them here, but it could get a bit cluttered with with both keys and messages.)

Have fun!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]

AR15.com PGP Club public key:

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (MingW32)

mQENBFIjpYwBCADGvgLLlt0oar0g8Y31LU6h/TyRj44ahhzlQNTKU4EYGmIS5raG

+3VZsKeSklp9DLRjK/PPE+hTqF281maaXO4/LLItczPQW0Y/tq4qQnYLgittMBQK

q9jLoflzOU2g5qkx2XrdLnNcoOqCImfkiWz7Opnk3CTMsQCZZMw/IflhCB1o33Zn

LjY4+fHgfXVr06tNpquTH2WMEjiFttS98BopX5tL2yeuVF/H2zTjLQHz90FHrw0a

13vvQOTXbR0JQ1sYSz22uMXpPJyrAcy408NaExqS949hsx6xaFwVduRAbnARFpvj

S8VafkoG2GYJT/fVBfFnqi9d6kaOl336YURrABEBAAG0JEFSMTUuY29tIFBHUCBD

bHViIDxQR1BDbHViQEFSMTUuY29tPokBOAQTAQIAIgUCUiOljAIbAwYLCQgHAwIG

FQgCCQoLBBYCAwECHgECF4AACgkQZUA1Ylm5eY8rdggAuKxVUL+S8qnBdgxY5ZQg

hw4anZJsVA+5cOirj+Bpsf0gbrtQgpj8K0LMUdJMR78seYIBokTTQ53kOpxiowe7

lZVCiMNv73uhwCT6TOBvzMJ+RHBR9wC1fp+FgNRXZin0HLpN0OgyuOoiN6IlKEIz

HNehOqIhlf+iURCGjkpsDC1HoYC3w/HpcptBQvM/cNF0b4w+VY49yaa/VC/Z5HIb

3MAqlicjy1FjZgEYYNXTxddJH3sE5F6jIVin02NYBkFZA82DM1WOf0ltKnRSqTod

8DeUx0Ut+6+huThM6fMb4v3okhV7ehyUl4HlRJdR9f79kflJOTCYlOwMe4Arhq8B

m7kBDQRSI6WMAQgA46wAtCqzl+9nRlx2etyK2kB7EcBEktPbBvwLpUawnt3fsdAI

BEA2uslZxjA81XvBjofuKGos1iylvLLAlxfSTCRzW3WaWZYojrNHVQJ3PHjBxMhd

IFXgvTfu2cQKGKReoWjM/+0xQCLzb/+bqkBHqQTxuGwFoG/Gbk00fObOI5/LEHhp

/UP4SrS4fNCRXtOK82yAEieDSPt8StZ3KY4hZy6k8rAuVkWBBVAlpT8Z35E98t3+

sX1W42+xiddQ0elw4F3b6vEvnlqHUpU87kaW2G3Kkg7gDALCweslIlvVU+Lc+qKN

W7XVkG6x3IMfHn5rn3u6gGCKeoGC+unfyv+ifwARAQABiQEfBBgBAgAJBQJSI6WM

AhsMAAoJEGVANWJZuXmPVuYIALhg01gsf64wdEPr1ADBe4LjdwD+/VASu8sdeyHW

QQ6bAVl7EH4eztJK/Fh/qFQe7O+fFmyv4Mjuh4APHicSoBh2yfT8/5C5qAoNVU5K

Q8skzOoFLZ1IhYikkdNU1xI+qKFOTbEUpDrIdMJOnfBEp0QkUtjJz413O+aF1SW3

C0WMXcBSGnDyibnMdmU6knNgNIpX3WYI19ctYc1Fv2hBq6DJ18QnNkAdLS1S5B5l

yUTEjZ8jV3Y3OZ0+WPllZ8/6sGiQmXI0PTiRusLSApg51eakCz4wVlW8xLgxqua5

Fu7ze+5q6rEEYIp00nb4SsGbUjSSNhC8Qa3Du4Xv3gjaHPY=

=2BTp

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The short version.

You give everyone your "public key".  They encrypt their messages to you with that "public key' and then they send their encrypted email messages to you.

You open the sent messages with your "private key" that only you know.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The NSA probably reads those messages first.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Which is why we should up the innocuous message traffic.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
played with this a few years ago and it took a little time to get comfortable with it,dont really know how secure it really is but it cant hurt

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
TL;DR

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is THE way people communicate when doing shady things on the internet. I'm for it
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This is THE way people communicate when doing shady things on the internet. I'm for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work for a company whose main client is the US gov.  Whenever we sub-contract or communicate with other companies on our contracts, we use PGP encryption.  It's not just for the baddies.

If anyone fancies themselves a libertarian, they should understand and be able to use public-private key cryptography to communicate.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=msa+
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
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=BrbC
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I work for a company whose main client is the US gov.  Whenever we sub-contract or communicate with other companies on our contracts, we use PGP encryption.  It's not just for the baddies.

If anyone fancies themselves a libertarian, they should understand and be able to use public-private key cryptography to communicate.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm totally for it. Its a really neat thing to know, that being said... Thanks to AR15.COM I now have Bitcoins, Tor, and PGP encryption stuff on my laptop .... Tell me that doesn't look sketchy
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Tagged learning about cryptography in my network security class this week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

hQEMA7cNoQtvfboOAQf/ZUkgd9B3xOuPs7NUpzr+ViCnCcOIF5rTjT+6ACMglPHg

aNnDpggu2MnFOqLgnae7ZCWPgWPZNhQ8psknj04M5BRkDiCM7hkRU1kCHu0lt3ZL

GH5/Q0I0TlmbyzWmEdBNzUB7CTqgRxa396AciyEDHK4k+h55Y0zZ/ybK07y4boE0

BF/iNVjExWdbDDlr16+inNOoLQQvQ+ZzpfnprQ+fH3JRiDqXrua+wqE/4F3Hczy7

116KPbmN64UmQNnOhP9DWbG1hv+UFiZB5z07S60TBLnNKsNgCPCw+k6DTQpEEUyT

amudBc/25eOvkVHcnH/FV3x7r2nKy0C/XywUyAqBZ9LpATtYT3CkvY1CxGc+Y4qn

r3eURSSZ7j6EGLusgsRh+OcIzsAC4fLzG2V8L8n7sEipM7nK0bi52FLkVzTLhWHD

/rB2rdsS6h7H+ahfNaF1PSGP7uBw49wuoI+xToJIlgjSgZnyb0Hz4VwAjzip/cDB

g+d1yRlauyKpvIePqPScUQfUej2rtM5ByZPbH7jDjCnGAER8vFZjf07BwBuffzy0

4goXW6GTi5x0+UYVJBNgR+PnYGWxG7V2gaWT1pK75Kd192v6os1wuSCmAlXRHrzh

hucClBsehDmFM2nkUBt4LOEMPTz/qFJhqF9vifuzqdLOKlXsCJ0pX1alypjXbNZ9

jGE9/D5XGDFW1C9JonyTdiyqf/Z/olO6pMsd7AdQhNFlLDZXDHifykx+QqP61m6u

7AzuMylMLdlYpTytV1QAaTokd9dFpsaPgHrvoh4DVRdnUOeMFHKXOa7q4hfHrGvd

QqRG6eQELKfSOg6xv53YVHSRAYY58MNcEJUJS6F4ERHy1c3Ljc6XGd9bfwkbbVwP

d8Cf82xXbaaJZJYyiL1p6UPbnkvW8OLZYgXWJh5KtZTOkcWdLF7YiVHMNo3WFtCe

i6+46rmRiqKZJBWcEDZfITnMJX35wJpeOPqSnRaQB4A5VECkK4/GsoLKo03Cn69c

sqEwykHK4raO44PhCW+72TfAQHdf13ep1k1fVqrpE3ef5dicK3uAyeMRa+FLD62z

Mjhm9wVv0ChRbbQb25YZw/wQSBUuak1AQ4SIiYihv2PJVt+SezMzEsGNEA/SIjs1

H8VWVYK1QyBGbrZEo4Ddc0DvWeMKiVSrelhxDz6fom60y0WNJ21IlaM00zwTGWYX

UdvWToo2+FvJIkpaYdDx7MV42c0mecl00D5JcP9e0eF9bkkmb1TU588wdPfAxqHE

+H9RkY/S4eAdbaM32genS4vyUn4D2KgIdc0fmUy07+HnDly5EET8+mLBafyr5pkg

8BOHaFPtGl2CpXHurR/Q7sZPY70FsGZPW9o7xvH11KnWIxg=

=msa+

View Quote

hQIMA/vr4LkBejm5ARAApT6cdMmmsU3JNHYycqBcG7nsXBylq4OfQNVIcIFZVYk7

aej3+xHlEznZ24l1Zx/4LIhX2FDklRVeuXAIGaSMY5/g/0yT9ToGs1dDCDsWA5N2

qrR6hyrqgysh2NPB1keBzyK782/+TJKfEJXU5HEjGQpvDMdGhvK4da2K3NoeEss9

yf44HXHuZH6+IfQnsobw+3Fn9q5+FhMOEJyacGflcjvHBT1WR7MhVMbQaGs/QlmB

tq8x/dPhTntpPb63xWwVXnv8uPgQm12Pgk6TQ+7szAcCzueHU75TYPhgc0PfRdTw

3O/1RS5nDIrbkg6RiaO2kgNIR5GMn7iTHM2yM9ixLbm2sBM9zSzfw3jb9yZcM+qB

MdmefXCL3BLbAmM3SX6oOQKXcyD3VNz2HYGRBU49amGxLpFqFz5OBc/t1tYusjiA

GU8XMS3yKEcN1NBlF1VlaoItLQgGC3vPn15Hq4Un9sXwhjQAnWBoFRp/H+XDeM/R

mziFSAwVYg0A94y206ICDM6qY+UQuBvrt67ylaktExb0XR3YfbG1NjlL4qTSs4y/

Cc2NSu+ULe+5CmmMyd25WFyc8MisdlYn8NWypb0DBAZecr4AK2NZJfrwDEtyNzyV

gkBNFnLMwlIH5BNBTD7f6ScKCb7oD3iBuno4NJiakpnDjq5dIwGKlwDt02xaI3HS

6QGoRuQ4AVxPPOvXg4jsoTWV/e8O+ozr65tzwDZQ4lpwuAO+ckLdJcLbjGCx2xKb

zqVpAyFEfs9KLNU6QruexZiOdwuVJtjHnVLA0fe/uoQ/uI057hBPnauicEZY769e

BxzGtGF+MRAyb2PVVsnRzxC18H192WhdTqCyKjktqji/Q0dj5ThIs9T2Z4x/QP2K

+t2DWF+7XIi6IugnTZ81LD80Zu2UncgcFGsehwKILHosyiFsk5SIMlnGCdoZKG5d

q3dSsbrFM2rYnxffkZ1GXCVrU3MSh0PDR/tWn093MW0rAs/M1hrLpT8nveYR3tJy

PjGtvuYISQE0Ezett3RbvTma5LNkKaFBrO8Oqnkci4W5Dzg9ouQmJNKr4998lm49

x01jbPTaH6WZDAYDLyKWQZXsVuzWub4gEwNv/ICEM0WuyxZuNIH5OVzrVpBC60OG

l7ZZGvZR9SoosT+VhqxQg7RH/5ZfLKWkc8RjEBkw9TAfr/12acOziKXx71gTaB4j

GA5G9d5t3PoeqPUjPgkzdytJXwAP3ylUE6+cq0IjVex8krmAcyft3VJePtuVebm2

mvy927WVyOLsplIr1K0SoP9co3+3KXAEFzxq7I1rzu3bFEGLjEfwlCGlvzlMKWUd

RV656hgS6EhUBd94sjkvVi5+jhfRglZTrrFGYotOrzVpdb/9nzh/NIhgJL40tPYp

NuNcEKIgcRGV/v94pK/r3QTlx6dfEXcSWN+EnOaLMz0Yf2DbeWpZdYJVsBI3Aqy5

excSR/cYu0+qZu4lOnE3IqUUhr6GZS7QQn3kgcmMQ3UprFaeMMGM7YH6wg2oz/nE

ojCnS/lcHQ==

=xvMX

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Oh, I'm totally for it. Its a really neat thing to know, that being said... Thanks to AR15.COM I now have Bitcoins, Tor, and PGP encryption stuff on my laptop .... Tell me that doesn't look sketchy
View Quote

Looks like freedom to me!
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd need a new email for a new pgp public key for ARF. Are you guys talking about interdasting things?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like paulbot nonsense to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'd need a new email for a new pgp public key for ARF. Are you guys talking about interdasting things?
View Quote

The email address you write in when creating the public key can be bogus.  The one for the Arfcom PGP club is bogus.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The email address you write in when creating the public key can be bogus.  The one for the Arfcom PGP club is bogus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I know that, I have a few that are: "TorPM:<derpwebusernamehere>". I just have a feeling a few have very interdasting files to share, and I'd like a good way to get them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Once everyone figures this out then we can move on the stegonography in the Memes.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only thing that is important is to keep the private key safe.

Rather than cracking PGP the goal is just to simply steal the private key.

Most people lack the discipline to keep the key password protected with a proper password.
View Quote

I remember reading about a method that was being tested to teach people long passcodes, through muscle memory. They would be given a pattern(guitar-hero style) over and over, 30 digits long, until they had it memorized. It was something like 4 or 5 buttons, so they really wouldn't be able to tell you what the passcode is, only to duplicate it.

I guess you could create a passcode-entry device that uses a unique encoding algorithm for each device, and train a passcode using one. Finally, include a wipe button that, if pressed, overwrites the memory on the device that is in charge of the encoding algorithm, so you would no longer be able to be forced to enter your code. It would beat rubber-hose decryption, but you might have a hard time convincing 'them' of that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The only thing that is important is to keep the private key safe.

Rather than cracking PGP the goal is just to simply steal the private key.

Most people lack the discipline to keep the key password protected with a proper password.
View Quote

Very true.  This is the other half of Snowden's quote.

"Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that

you can rely on. Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that NSA can frequently

find ways around it."

Luckily, there are ways to harden up the endpoints too.  This document gives a good overview on how to do just that: https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/sites/default/files/encryption_works.pdf

In the meantime, public-private key cryptography can be tricky to get the hang of, but offers an incredible boon to those who wish to communicate privately.  One step at a time.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

mQINBFIj7QcBEACem1aXHM19kfPzU2eGTH6hV/EraWrTWWHn6QTiZxmez/St9kNw

uP981IBTvjHOsjjpIDjbdnWETx9n4hqUEGXuGboo19n8gjmDQ13SiUfn9nAZwSTs

GokYNINE+0nUmom0ZJx/St8NGOhAWVLmJnKvZ/yZqwB11nlE1sWnbrDO15OLbYBh

uzoe97iG/RIzgbANiQ4OP5aHmldDnHlNxaPhNNd/UFhOJyMwlqNn3L+R8Zt7EbV9

O5vhaDr5hLDjR/YzRoDJHpi66wm7uC0vwVpBh6AEKb0K7R1JN8rs+I5/Vi4Iqw8i

WreU0h5Y9oJ5trEAPwQmQHieRU6SJXCa2rMKMFIjmxYF/PK4KlyBNUSk4eoSGFy8

RM17VkKushqSDGgMMeaFx0ADkkByB7LICwwQjWRphLNzL75PAXmqoEv/snB/Gg2o

wsVbDrd8D3e1ASZBuVpOhxVBNt8zwj/d+WUI7Whz9BAANtmnNSuH8V2xYUHzAyju

kG5Op3QRcEmmEvl8Hw2uQNGU2ZCt7AXHLncycEisgwqvH0rukeMU/bh0L6pZX3sv

w8wmt01Qc+r3ApM9e1KqmtAtQNbfMIffI2gW6H1jxHraxsJoaM5FMMjjkH1EPxj7

YNE410waSxSe7Uaq9RzpZkbTgwNRAervpoeSBgEmapmQkYJSVCX1Hdc5qwARAQAB

tCRMb2dpY2FtUHVyYW0gPGxvZ2ljYW1wdXJhbUBhcjE1LmNvbT6JAjgEEwECACIF

AlIj7QcCGwMGCwkIBwMCBhUIAgkKCwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAAoJEGK0i+pWie3qQf8P

/0EB0Vukhm+jqPPrgsiQuWoaosamYOPVzjXclTAf8yLbXpCkhod8+SWLvL8kQm20

sAEFip9QFq9v4ZKLJICJwL10gtxejHbR/r8RyMwJkXhy1ysMBBBbYO1qdTFs3C/c

rhlgrmZnmjbju2rGE72bq7WptgKvF+j8X+/vEJMfmZeZD9eHbNFyJa4FY2g6FMQb

Q28L4YsZatcVpySvRk0hL4/Un1EmoxOQE3Pfb1DWvWtNSvY2I1EYNKf5oPLf/OT1

KVayrTaY43AjgeJaLp8zO8k9SGemqfdg4G8dqBORalTo1dPeoyZRGniKzXS7kttB

puqBX71YiOig1Rpt0GqK0Do8iPhI3cDQDopH2rFL6kC713MIm65RYwDVtA8OsLIq

bHhzUipJJVAFHYCBWG3YKQ3jU1SPuCSMUmcpuddL0Xu3IWRqNM+8RJETx1dZyfJ6

DjtoG/cfYzPvIeyPsE53zx+O+yhHoClcYViryvuvuGAfM2Q3kEpjmjyY149hJ2ov

VHIq/MkRfbOi3MVs45x51/DRXIS5wCjWvIaAJkMi5oMWYnMUTri9iGbY1bCamCJ7

39ykXnEKw71r5I4WRZrE8NguEsF+hPVFsvh67KCeD64Z/fgpghgWWiGM2htMkmZn

emciJEhKo6RJtHbXj5zW7f0InYw1D2CY5iaHQxPX9MtyuQINBFIj7QcBEADjwxi4

ZyaYIUe7DpQ6NAZSUi4TNQobd/hm16ZlEFpRi0Ao5lksBALCgFdY1GI7FZFljCSB

JXRvaO8ukwJroPZ4yWe+X6/H2P9jSpb7HlFC78hHEVxTL1Dw+k6SnYZMJetxe4hq

1R2J2zv4kKs1d7I2aPXDpPj2Y+qhsygw4L8EEQSsg9Ij/sTd+IypClu1OtUwCnPi

NikMBxu4Cinb/15sAiGOzuvNRBvH79HrRi+rvLAe4VBbmhiut/h24rarm73tr/8l

+VVMEVf9w899oZsPoI4eUfuNwlYZXyPuJ0QIE/uh/a6VdCOjEXtQ7XBXcPsBg+8i

iNx3wBM+4esN6vHg8FZ/jMhFAiQ7kfPRKdiTyC1nQ+jUX3CjnEIrwc4BHLKHWNwW

u0BX3zgNEmNcGrrdGWv8uJ8M2DzulrBYP62uj6G13PDFxyaEWSjdwtWE6/JjqqUy

HJX6wRQDyGXc+w6IEYFz2Y+xu1VPpKH5TxmsGDXWHmjAcqlbO1FlDU7efh8VwpVN

+LCpJIjsTKaA2r+4MbMkcVi6TNx3/ebDm5lZl8OaZ1yHGDYlsuoQNYlp0+lmmAx1

RJPyzz3fLuGs1j4BT6vpwFSp4cGVK+Q2ck5oW3tP4aCgXv1vmxPk61u6EyI9xGSa

SqLqHFVNYiV/8EEuLyG6oXQpvSLA75zfHQQc6QARAQABiQIfBBgBAgAJBQJSI+0H

AhsMAAoJEGK0i+pWie3qQN8P+wW+gidStOX0aKlWe19TH5sA5swLoXq9yHMHZlbn

vH4cta2JySqdIu1c77BSEUveB6LgU12j+zZKC0qYtCbc5FDw0IOzEAdq3s48rm5s

2Qby+vl1i65Hmnwlen7e2I9slosDQ56/B8apn0a7W1shg0hpO6ZP20tw+I1tpIx6

Gw8dwoSvrDK52a9Khw1zqEQZVi0xROx0aZl8I1jnmKP9pA0xZPQKAwYfXVXBxP8W

lA3XCpVRgFQTlJ08eqTYJQG9+6N2Tvkt7QobDkdmi9OkgaGPVggItz0tTM/SZ1Ce

2oWyEs1MRZnD8+8GjUwwkR3hgulG88mNmoSql1Nfacns8l34FyJob3QbNTKU4eWu

fOpJUO311G3lIWcMxsBl0JcRnbrIONg31wNb1qwGNZUehwBRJ/5A/OSCncH51DhQ

enuyAhHBIJbjgXTnr8jIAAySNbc0UqyXchUXV0w90a+ssI3nfNM2q0DezY1oKr6L

KOeKHQVgDyxxu6gcVEgX/DrcfyuM0q05gfq+AAV7F0aRjiAhtN/NZECUSAgkdfdj

LvpXpsJm5PLC+DLrl30C/hD8yBNXDukatzowUHtkifC1ysHTeOTdNv/mrjT/ujac

OxJ9wCMWwLZUzFsBAEB7MuVBB5tUojJMLKRXnHn7CVfLqQVZjXcDd8OPrubP2fTd

vZrn

=BrbC

View Quote
You're on the list now Brony.  

- The NSA
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I have seen way too many keys get compromised and get in the wild. I ended up moving to truecrypt containers and pre shared keys. Not passwords. They are kept on ironkeys and expire every year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm getting to old for that shit. I'm trying to get  less techy as I get older. FUCK THE NSA
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have seen way too many keys get compromised and get in the wild. I ended up moving to truecrypt containers and pre shared keys. Not passwords. They are kept on ironkeys and expire every year.
View Quote

Sounds very secure.  A bit hard to do with someone you've never met over the internetz though.  Ironkeys aren't very cheap, either.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#29]

---END PGP PUBLIC BLOCK KEY----

Suck on that, NSA!

Wiping a disk to do a encrypted LVM volume. Maybe after that. This is taking for freaking ever.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

---END PGP PUBLIC BLOCK KEY----

View Quote

I keep seeing a bunch of 78s.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Can this work on a iPhone??im not computer savvy
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Is there an ARFcom PGP public key server?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy Fucking TLDR
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, there are iPhone aps that can do this from your iPhone.  The one I have on my iPhone is oPenGP.  This one won't generate your initial key pair, you'll still have to do that on your pc with something like gpg4usb.  Then you can transfer your key pair to your iphone oPenGP ap.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Is there an ARFcom PGP public key server?
View Quote

So far there's a thread here I just started with a couple keys in it:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_124/1527552_post_PGP_keys_here.html

Down the road that'd be cool to have an ARFcom PGP public key server.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe I overlooked this (probably) but how do I get my public key after generating a key, so I can give it to others?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, there are iPhone aps that can do this from your iPhone.  The one I have on my iPhone is oPenGP.  This one won't generate your initial key pair, you'll still have to do that on your pc with something like gpg4usb.  Then you can transfer your key pair to your iphone oPenGP ap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok sweet!!thanks for the info,I'm going to try to get this started
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe I overlooked this (probably) but how do I get my public key after generating a key, so I can give it to others?
View Quote

Click the manage keys button.

Select your key and click export to clipboard, then you can just paste it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

In most PGP programs there will be an option to "export public key" or something like it.  for gpg4usb, click on the 'Manage Keys' icon at the top.  In the window that pops up, check the box next to your key pair and then click "Export to Clipboard."  Now the key is in your copy/paste clipboard, and you can paste it in a forum post or email, etc.

If you like you can past it in this thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_124/1527552_post_PGP_keys_here.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
In.

We could also do physically distributed one-time-pad codebooks to trusted members... I suggest each Hometown Forum do it separately, to limit the effect of any one compromise...
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
played with this a few years ago and it took a little time to get comfortable with it,dont really know how secure it really is but it cant hurt

View Quote

Tag
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=EPDR
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

=EPDR

View Quote

Because you haven't pasted your public key here yet:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_124/1527552_post_PGP_keys_here.html  

EDIT:

hQEMA/iWASGJibJkAQgAx/UO6A7fpR2IK64tSF1lzlGmoGxHQS52NvdXY7RpKPKB

LAmfwRvEaNaq3Ff3V/rwkeWXvC/QK38fDNAW4t7F+/wwEtAaSAaq9AxRz0x7bNmZ

NOUtxI/83Q93vIwxFxCnDsFiRRK5Ni78yy7Kw09Q38A893wNlO0ImfbMfyXEbbdS

OluBSy36z9Nywf9i3nAGTtFh75lRkRlH85SSX129jc70hfsh2wT1PSgLelXLxeGB

EiqNaKA3q1ub4dor/QO+H0QjtHHt3eBJR0xFkudqgKgEYYJbnepFQbnkY6K5zrky

5ZmRdjDPCU1aTR0RPJzDXf4du9zy+KSSvJYZqQ+AttLpAebQogKXRVmA2nw+tixm

suuCm4kTCAQHRwE3J22VxB5sRHvHWYFSuTc3374Q8CspARQRYonf4OCERlmmki8S

cXSNHKyjJwMmx92mFn8W2clSCyx6CyDB+Derl1G46HTZAirOjCKK+/2WaAm50H24

h2TM8YoZ0Qdwm/hn/R4GpqLYnlnYSEVRGTsH78w43B7V9PJU+fzLbGWAj1LUJJmt

1ZGXYvQDwm5QeGqGnIQEnCxThlzdHz0Z795gyqWbMeg3BugeXosv80MXRsFn9QsT

n8ChRkOs/zT1BMOmlHuqIm2+CI0Hi5dIjH43yJkEV03qc6v0kmYdhxgHZzpH6rJD

GsbNhSn+J5J9Ts2bkhSaxH6r35yfAQglSvRkkEa1bM/E6KxfbcV8JOqPSWt45IWd

nsNr81D0HZsqmuPUfAu+3NeLmzBUQ+uNAbdjv+oidfY1MGWplZQAIz6VDs05GkML

YxVLlRR3eBADEI8bw+1hgJ2JJP/YkFQ/f+vyviYmmaVatytoR4PRaEvgPWKSQ9jw

tIMWrIqAw824pEA0FL9Cxv1zLnXjlOl4coSpv5QOEl2co7Put8fJlbS7yBxCoT0f

Wgfs1D5nkzJ9n3atsTiVm7PE9JHHdsfh16l+NPUooMDXKlmj7ohOAyWqIS96KYNs

SU1ldjGpauvhtBiUGRAY9mMMnaN8/d0IILXKQ412

=1dun

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I posted my key so now what?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because you haven't pasted your public key here yet:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_124/1527552_post_PGP_keys_here.html  

EDIT:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

=EPDR

EDIT:
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=Jrbf
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh, for Mac users - check out GPGTools. I built it from source, but as far as I know the binaries are trustworthy.

It's nice, in that I can type what I want to encrypt in the reply window, right click, select "Encrypt", choose recipients, and it replaces it with the encrypted text.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+J7j+KYgqQ==

=Jrbf

View Quote

hQEMA/iWASGJibJkAQgA1J7H+AvBfAvqEGOv8Kg8Go5IpVGvtd9A7CG4IK1rcNwX

0RD4BOPz7yWhR6igaRNzOdULVK837lrLTb2syZj9UMT2NH5VB099CEbMefCRRPie

K9Mum/cWtQgcP24Wm3O8DeTgRmHwaxSkmjxz7OE/RODlK/cUWGASORY/9iDZ4h2P

lrNFYLbgYoYC3T6UNrkNIqAucehNaGvjV+jHvQoVNacNIAlhOlC/myMftOaKmehu

0tSP4swsKE/rAeKeK2SjpwRWz85GCQOJ9JJxeaa99ZC9C1PFezZiaMjptYLt9uY7

eQK6GHH74BDmVz5GRtOUfW5KQYmUXs288M6hVqBZydKEAc47DDfyGMTMnQMbRSpe

eykUZY9+kjHkXcR3E0If8zOqscQ6YD2Wp0g+jt69qjA55rdcTnHT2iyLvoLPfJKq

AV5yWk4gM2zKgzF+gegW9cCiPv1xaCwWJA9mcmfKlNajrtiWQw2TMnnNcTFU8TN0

8Tk1Qv+tTQIUBDUft6c3K5J9rXpu

=W1ch

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#49]
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=oKTI
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I posted my key so now what?
View Quote

Copy the text below into a blank text window in the gpg4usb program.  In the right window, select your key pair.  Now hit 'Decrypt.'  You should be able to read the message now.

hQEMA5QtHBjSO3UMAQgAxSreuUaYLLnlGtr8PKXHCWuSBS92p9UeuM5uCif0WItq

Ig8TeRcSCwGygaX9Zy7wbxBn7D11Ug90XnfVbU6jyIkJUH2IrJ6OX9iJi4z1MYLQ

S4PeuGc7ioORHx/F4pTuBPAi/gHsKqimaLnPOdeBu3V6W7BqXdqqHuwIdiYF+96m

YBwzPx59YmfeEEc9QuKXHGiuC3SWeH51EvXSLHZ3O0QovZ6xYmu+ksW4ZcXwKVnl

ykashv6CthpB8/duxKubDe6+sX1VNzcQXs5BhhyNJEDYjLTab6uBYnxy7YPOP9Ys

Cb0feZt7P66XDBJxFOjzfnmDmkTiK2gaC4SPsd4+b9LpAc9nO/QIX7bFl7vPU8an

1H0HijVbvj8sEzllgjh09mTyPPPkWKak48QXv9RcEAtGgMrp7fS0pRd8nrlcT8G+

Zkyw0thRDrR3O1uHTNgMnJZubrK4fDCFpoXR0dSBeYk/V/x4EBeJazThWx6ASgxh

8zyHhPc21/x/NOro1gLl7jNZmPweHFczYhZ7d3L0dLFcL0taUGW631m+UyAepYYC

Vjv33vY89RZ46zUlacT4IUKHcpbG9/VpeFO+kh3XxDQwSUciHTObk4jhet9m74ZS

0kNq6JWFY7vl5CwF4x+ndc2LtTSK5LzaOc7qdHErC2C7pysOcNcOLG45jX8hz5el

rUbORQ9YDWYN39CBeF7MfbF1Mhtr3XVOLeVD21m8ii8qqkh5amNtw7vjEjFPoX2t

T6c22t4jj1fNIsf/lx8y3fBakRSYQMn5UBVgjvGJF+5uYxY785jPJsEbuU8HxAxj

Dc2k/mNTDOwJI9RGUrEW4pWp/BYXunpcDlyR8mOk0zJeMrunaguFDGE1EeCjA+LR

z14PgnASR+tewA9lDMPdyGDeBgHQup0NwZzqvHb6Uqvg4nqwW8hkPpeqAf80cRID

4Viyhpu2RJhYtNCRxyPVz88PMCjLWeurUcQMPKoWNmO3zSvEhtflxVofzJcEjVGt

MWVgIQkFWuUmRrYRhJgw6GFlnOwqzFvY/7SoygixBip/j/w9c4pBCydbbOo6Wm7Z

7pzb/oTs8tW9bEVogMzpTH96XZNBlUeIqLd0KL7rmwkBsKcXbNmEgxjjQXDmPIZo

LooOCylhkAKYTxV5AtrPU/ACk9pjfOg=

=D+je

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top