Quoted:

He'll be back in 3 days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriots just gave him the boot..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/08/31/patriots-release-tim-tebow-cut/2750815/

Tim Tebow is done with the New England Patriots. The next question is whether his NFL career is over, too.

The Patriots waived Tebow on Saturday morning, ESPN reported.

Tebow, 26, signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in June that included no guarantees. In three preseason appearances, he was 11-of-30 passing for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

He'll be back in 3 days

Really need a drink spitting smiley for times like this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He will probably end up there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buffalo is running out of QB's

It wouldn't hurt.  With one QB cut, another with a career ending concussion problem, and a 3rd who isn't playing until the regular season due to knee surgery...
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It really would have been nice if he had ended up in Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
good! fuck tebow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Coaching staff at UF.  That's where he needs to be
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Its amazing,  he's a 28yr old virgin and doesnt have a strong arm. Must not have passed fappin' 101 at Florida.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would have made sense for them to take him.  If you're going to suck you might as well do something that puts butts in the seats.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
good! fuck tebow.
View Quote

I'm no Tebow fan, but I really don't get the rabid hatred some people have for him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm no Tebow fan, but I really don't get the rabid hatred some people have for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

good! fuck tebow.

Haters gonna hate.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe the jets will sign him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I kinda thought we might see him line up at Tight End with the Pats because of TT's size and the injuries and arrests at that position in New England.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I kinda thought we might see him line up at Tight End with the Pats because of TT's size and the injuries and arrests at that position in New England.
View Quote

Maybe he declined.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tebow didn't qualify. Apparently you either have to be made of glass or be a PCP using murderer to play TE for New England.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The funny thing? In Denver, he replaced a QB who had much better stats but just couldn't win games. It is like the defense wouldn't play for the better QB. But Tebow played, the games were crazy and the Broncos would usually only come to life in the last quarter but it was great fun to watch. Timmay just has something intangible and wins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish him the best, but don't think he has what it takes.

The funny thing? In Denver, he replaced a QB who had much better stats but just couldn't win games. It is like the defense wouldn't play for the better QB. But Tebow played, the games were crazy and the Broncos would usually only come to life in the last quarter but it was great fun to watch. Timmay just has something intangible and wins.

My relatives in Colorado who have season tickets,  LOVED him.  They were really pissed when he was let go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#16]
At the end of the day Tebow is not a very good QB,he doesn't seem willing to change positions,and he tends to be an attention whore with the media.If he were a great QB,none of the other stuff would matter much.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My relatives in Colorado who have season tickets,  LOVED him.  They were really pissed when he was let go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish him the best, but don't think he has what it takes.

IIRC, he was the first QB in the history of the NFL to be traded after winning a playoff game.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Buffalo is running out of QB's

I hope so, those wins in Denver were a lot all on the shoulders of Tebow. IF he can do that for them, I'd like to seem him a Bill. He cannot be any worse than what we have now. Toolbag looked terrible in preseason and who knows when the other 2 will heal since Kolb in on the IR list and EJ knee is messed up for a bit.
Tuel was 4 and 22 in college, our coach is 25 and 25 so I dont expect much. Spiller and Johnson got banged up in preseason as well. we look sorry.

and the second reason I want Tebow a Bill is Florida fans would have to root for them. The Dolphins should have got him, he sells tickets.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At the end of the day Tebow is not a very good QB,he doesn't seem willing to change positions,and he tends to be an attention whore with the media.If he were a great QB,none of the other stuff would matter much.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's a nice guy and an athlete but not a good NFL QB

Haters are going to hate but the people who are in love with him aren't paying attention to that.

Ive seen people who don't even watch football gush over him/

Like my brother in law.

Tebow could throw ten lame duck wobbler picks in a row and he'd still think he was the second coming of Joe Montana.

We're seriously worried if I have a nephew he's going to suggest Timtebow Timtebow Surname

He's that gay over him.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ofmusingsandwonderings.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

How am I wrong?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
He needs to change positions and learn to read defenses.  If not he will do very well on the motivational speaker circuit for a while good for him either way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ofmusingsandwonderings.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

How am I wrong?

I'd like to see this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How am I wrong?

The media wants Tim far more than Tim seeks out the media.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#25]
He is not weak. If anyone bothered to see the Year of the Quarterback that was based on him, you'ed see that he trains like a beast. He also worked on his mechanics prior to being drafted by the Broncos. Kid has the heart of a champion. His issues were he was having a hard time reading NFL defenses, some things you just can't teach. He is probably one of the best if not the best collegiate athlete ever. The NFL is literary a different league. I wish him well, but I think that's the last we'll hear of him. Can't stand all the haters towards someone who has done more with his fame than half the NFL combined, going on missions and visiting sick kids all over the world. Not once has he done anything negative.even Nick Saban Used the video of him where he gave the infamous speech to motivate the Tide for this year.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How am I wrong?

Attention Whore: "Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter."

Do you honestly think Tim Tebow fits that description?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It would have made sense for them to take him.  If you're going to suck you might as well do something that puts butts in the seats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gabbert and Henne both suck so maybe Tebow does end up in Jax?

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Have you even played Pop Warner football, let alone college football ? You think you could quarterback in Division Three not one but three ? How about win a National Championship or a Heisman ?

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#29]
"Really need a drink spitting smiley for times like this."
I have wanted a fluid spraying from mouth and nostrils forever!
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Attention Whore: "Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How am I wrong?

I don't think he's a bad guy,and I respect his values.I do think he has a rep for his opinions more over his football skills though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't think he's a bad guy,and I respect his values.I do think he has a rep for his opinions more over his football skills though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How am I wrong?

So was that a "yes" or a "no"?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#32]
On paper it's a yes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#33]
If he was black he would have a team.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Have you even played Pop Warner football, let alone college football ? You think you could quarterback in Division Three not one but three ? How about win a National Championship or a Heisman ?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man,I'm just calling it like I see it.Being a star in college doesn't mean you're going to make it in the pros,ask Matt Leinart or Vince Young.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On paper it's a yes.
View Quote

Yup, Tim Tebow certainly does "crave attention to such an extent that he will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter."   He's up there with the Kardashians, Snookie, Kayne West, and Miley Cyrus.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm a kinda/sorta Tebow fan. All the guy has done is be nice and win.  Never really saw the point of all the hate.

But he just looked gawd damn awful with the Patriots. Not awful in comparison to Brady. Awful in comparison to my sister.  HORRIBLE.

I think Rex Ryan ruined him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...or is he washed up?

I'm a kinda/sorta Tebow fan. All the guy has done is be nice and win.  Never really saw the point of all the hate.

But he just looked gawd damn awful with the Patriots. Not awful in comparison to Brady. Awful in comparison to my sister.  HORRIBLE.

I think Rex Ryan ruined him.

I agree. Tebow didn't get much of a chance with the Jets. He'll find his calling, I don't think its as a pro QB though
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup, Tim Tebow certainly does "crave attention to such an extent that he will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter."   He's up there with the Kardashians, Snookie, Kayne West, and Miley Cyrus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On paper it's a yes.

That was the answer you were looking for I take it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On paper it's a yes.

If you want to see what an attention whore REALLY is goggle "miley cyrus vma."

Now THAT'S an attention whore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd really love to hear what belichick says about him behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He'll be back in 3 days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriots just gave him the boot..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/08/31/patriots-release-tim-tebow-cut/2750815/

Tim Tebow is done with the New England Patriots. The next question is whether his NFL career is over, too.

The Patriots waived Tebow on Saturday morning, ESPN reported.

Tebow, 26, signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in June that included no guarantees. In three preseason appearances, he was 11-of-30 passing for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

He'll be back in 3 days

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He is not weak. If anyone bothered to see the Year of the Quarterback that was based on him, you'ed see that he trains like a beast. He also worked on his mechanics prior to being drafted by the Broncos. Kid has the heart of a champion. His issues were he was having a hard time reading NFL defenses, some things you just can't teach. He is probably one of the best if not the best collegiate athlete ever. The NFL is literary a different league. I wish him well, but I think that's the last we'll hear of him. Can't stand all the haters towards someone who has done more with his fame than half the NFL combined, going on missions and visiting sick kids all over the world. Not once has he done anything negative.even Nick Saban Used the video of him where he gave the infamous speech to motivate the Tide for this year.  
View Quote

I'm ok with Tebow, I admire a moral guy.  To say he is one of the greatest collegiate athletes of all time is epically stupid.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Somebody needs to check in on Skip Bayless to make sure he's OK.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'm ok with Tebow, I admire a moral guy.  To say he is one of the greatest collegiate athletes of all time is epically stupid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really He won the Heisman when he wasn't even a senior, two national championships and countless records, stop already. Just stop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]

2007 AP Player of the Year Award

2007 Consensus All-America

2007 Davey O'Brien Award

2007 Heisman Memorial Trophy

2007 Maxwell Award

2008 Manning Award

2008 Maxwell Award

2008 SEC Offensive Player of the Year

Heisman Voting
2007 1957 Points (1st)

2008 1575 Points (3rd)

2009 390 Points (5th)

Pass Completions
2007 SEC 234 (4th)

2008 SEC 192 (3rd)

2009 SEC 213 (4th)

Career SEC** 661 (19th)

** Since 1956

Pass Attempts
2007 SEC 350 (5th)

2008 SEC 298 (7th)

2009 SEC 314 (8th)

Pass Completion Percentage
2007 SEC 66.9 (1st)

2008 SEC 64.4 (1st)

2009 NCAA 67.8 (7th)

2009 SEC 67.8 (1st)

Career NCAA* 66.4 (24th)

Career SEC** 66.4 (2nd)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Passing Yards
2007 SEC 3286 (3rd)

2008 SEC 2746 (3rd)

2009 SEC 2895 (2nd)

Career SEC** 9285 (12th)

** Since 1956

Passing Yards Per Attempt
2007 NCAA 9.4 (1st)

2007 SEC 9.4 (1st)

2008 NCAA 9.2 (4th)

2008 SEC 9.2 (1st)

2009 NCAA 9.2 (4th)

2009 SEC 9.2 (1st)

Career NCAA* 9.3 (5th)

Career SEC** 9.3 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Adjusted Passing Yards Per Attempt
2007 NCAA 10.4 (1st)

2007 SEC 10.4 (1st)

2008 NCAA 10.6 (2nd)

2008 SEC 10.6 (1st)

2009 NCAA 9.8 (1st)

2009 SEC 9.8 (1st)

Career NCAA* 10.4 (3rd)

Career SEC** 10.4 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Passing Touchdowns
2007 NCAA 32 (8th)

2007 SEC 32 (2nd)

2008 SEC 30 (1st)

2009 SEC 21 (5th)

Career SEC** 88 (4th)

** Since 1956

Passing Efficiency Rating
2007 NCAA 172.5 (2nd)

2007 SEC 172.5 (1st)

2008 NCAA 172.4 (4th)

2008 SEC 172.4 (1st)

2009 NCAA 164.2 (1st)

2009 SEC 164.2 (1st)

Career NCAA* 170.8 (2nd)

Career SEC** 170.8 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Rush Attempts
2007 SEC 210 (7th)

2008 SEC 176 (6th)

2009 SEC 217 (5th)

Career SEC** 692 (13th)

** Since 1956

Rushing Yards
2008 SEC 673 (7th)

2009 SEC 910 (6th)

Rushing Yards Per Attempt
2006 SEC 5.3 (4th)

Rushing Touchdowns
2006 SEC 8 (5th)

2007 NCAA 23 (3rd)

2007 SEC 23 (1st)

2008 SEC 12 (3rd)

2009 SEC 14 (2nd)

Career NCAA* 57 (11th)

Career SEC** 57 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Plays From Scrimmage
2007 SEC 210 (10th)

2008 SEC 176 (7th)

2009 SEC 217 (7th)

Career SEC** 692 (18th)

** Since 1956

Touchdowns From Scrimmage
2007 NCAA 23 (3rd)

2007 SEC 23 (1st)

2008 SEC 12 (4th)

2009 SEC 14 (2nd)

Career NCAA* 57 (20th)

Career SEC** 57 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Total Plays
2007 SEC 560 (2nd)

2008 SEC 474 (1st)

2009 SEC 531 (2nd)

Career SEC** 1687 (4th)

** Since 1956

Total Yards
2007 NCAA 4181 (7th)

2007 SEC 4181 (1st)

2008 SEC 3419 (2nd)

2009 NCAA 3805 (8th)

2009 SEC 3805 (1st)

Career SEC** 12232 (1st)

** Since 1956

Total Yards Per Play
2007 NCAA 7.5 (7th)

2007 SEC 7.5 (1st)

2008 SEC 7.2 (2nd)

2009 NCAA 7.2 (10th)

2009 SEC 7.2 (2nd)

Career SEC** 7.3 (6th)

** Since 1956

Total Touchdowns
2006 SEC 13 (10th)

2007 NCAA 55 (2nd)

2007 SEC 55 (1st)

2008 NCAA 42 (7th)

2008 SEC 42 (1st)

2009 NCAA 35 (7th)

2009 SEC 35 (1st)

Career NCAA* 145 (5th)

Career SEC** 145 (1st)

* Since 1977

** Since 1956

Touchdowns
2007 NCAA 23 (4th)

2007 SEC 23 (1st)

2008 SEC 12 (4th)

2009 SEC 14 (3rd)

Career NCAA* 57 (12th)

Career SEC** 57 (1st)

* Since 2000

** Since 2000

2007 SEC 138 (2nd)

2009 SEC 84 (10th)

Career SEC** 342 (7th)

** Since 2000
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whole lotta stuff that would make a giant quote tree.

View Quote

He should be proud of all that too bad it apparently doesn't translate to being an NFL quarterback as quite a few guys with less of a pedigree but capable of accurate passing are now World champions, pro bowl QBs, all pro

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
He should be proud of all that too bad it apparently doesn't translate to being an NFL quarterback as quite a few guys with less of a pedigree but capable of accurate passing are now World champions, pro bowl QBs, all pro

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok he didn't cut it in the NFL, my arguement is that he was either the greatest or one of the greatest collegiate quarterbacks ever. And I know I'm right.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ok he didn't cut it in the NFL, my arguement is that he was either the greatest or one of the greatest collegiate quarterbacks ever. And I know I'm right.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion "college" football is just the minors for the NFL, many of the "student athletes" can barely spell their own names so the end goal of college football is to make it into the big show and be a star.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't the claim you made
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Again, if he has a burning passion to play professional football, he should go to the CFL.  If he proves himself a winner there, he would likely find a home in the NFL.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top