User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2013 10:01:04 AM EDT
...or is he washed up?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
God works in mysterious ways.
I have no idea if he'll ever see any appreciable time as a QB in the NFL... but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the Stampeders can use him, we have both the starter and backup out with injuries.

He would be similar to Doug Flutie in the CFL.
He won 3 Grey Cup Champoinship games.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Washed up.

Great college QB, good man.

But NFL is all about arms strength and accuracy for a QB.  TT has poor accuracy.

Wish it was better, but it's not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish him the best, but don't think he has what it takes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe on somebody's scout team so the defense can practice catching interceptions...
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the Stampeders can use him, we have both the starter and backup out with injuries.

View Quote

It's my understanding of CFL is that you need as much arm strength and accuracy than in the NFL, as the field is wider, and longer, so farther to throw.

With only 3 downs, about every play is a pass as well.

Fluite did very well in the CFL because he was accurate, and for a midget by NFL standards, had a cannon for an arm.

Tebow has medium strength, and poor accuracy.  A poor fit for the CFL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think this would be his best route at this point.  Without a consistent history of playing well, I doubt he'll get another shot at the NFL.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Why do you all hate Jesus?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]
He's no pro quarterback.  The way I see it there are probably less than a dozen pro quarterbacks in the NFL right now.  There are lots of guys trying to play the position but precious few who actually can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#10]
No.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#11]
What I've seen of him this preseason doesn't look good in my opinion.  He's always been wildly inaccurate and it doesn't appear to be any better.  If he's as good as people think he is, he should have tore it up against 2nd and 3rd string players.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish him the best, but don't think he has what it takes.
View Quote

The funny thing? In Denver, he replaced a QB who had much better stats but just couldn't win games. It is like the defense wouldn't play for the better QB. But Tebow played, the games were crazy and the Broncos would usually only come to life in the last quarter but it was great fun to watch. Timmay just has something intangible and wins.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...or is he washed up?
View Quote

I'm a kinda/sorta Tebow fan. All the guy has done is be nice and win.  Never really saw the point of all the hate.

But he just looked gawd damn awful with the Patriots. Not awful in comparison to Brady. Awful in comparison to my sister.  HORRIBLE.

I think Rex Ryan ruined him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#14]
well, brady's first super was what? 15 year ago? he isn't young. I doubt Belichick would have picked up tebow just as a publicity stunt. time will tell I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm a kinda/sorta Tebow fan. All the guy has done is be nice and win.  Never really saw the point of all the hate.

But he just looked gawd damn awful with the Patriots. Not awful in comparison to Brady. Awful in comparison to my sister.  HORRIBLE.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...or is he washed up?

A lot of people took an objective opinion of his football skills as hate.  I've got nothing against the kid but he has never lookedlike a good QB.  He did win some games at Denver but the credit for several should go to the defense and the kicker.  A 46% completion percentage is god awful.  I don't think he ever really got a fair chance with the Jets but I think most had seen enough at that point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Have the Patriots cut him ???
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have the Patriots cut him ???
View Quote

I'm assuming we need him for playing in the last pre-season game, so the good QBs take less injury risks.

Then we'll trade him back to the Jets for a better draft pick.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Buffalo is running out of QB's
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#19]
There was an interesting article that came out last week citing several NFL scouts. The conclusion was that he never had ARM strength or accuracy needed for the NFL. He used to have foot speed, but now even that's gone. The common belief is that the cfl and arena league are bad fits too because they are passing heavy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#20]
This is the last year of his rookie contract, you will have to wait until next season to get your question answered.

His college coach chose to use him for his own glory, rather than teach the boy how to play ball in the NFL, if your looking to blame thats where it should go.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll bet the NY Jets are crying now....
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's my understanding of CFL is that you need as much arm strength and accuracy than in the NFL, as the field is wider, and longer, so farther to throw.

Fluite did very well in the CFL because he was accurate, and for a midget by NFL standards, had a cannon for an arm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might go with poor accuracy but medium strength?  Dude looks pretty strong, but I'm a basketball power forward / center, not a football dude, even though I like to watch college football.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe on somebody's scout team so the defense can practice catching interceptions...
View Quote

El Oh El
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There was an interesting article that came out last week citing several NFL scouts. The conclusion was that he never had ARM strength or accuracy needed for the NFL. He used to have foot speed, but now even that's gone. The common belief is that the cfl and arena league are bad fits too because they are passing heavy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link please?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I might go with poor accuracy but medium strength?  Dude looks pretty strong, but I'm a basketball power forward / center, not a football dude, even though I like to watch college football.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is strong and then there is arm strength and being able to throw the ball 50 yards.  Not necessarily the same thing.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is strong and then there is arm strength and being able to throw the ball 50 yards.  Not necessarily the same thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess so.  Well, we'll get to see if Bellichek knows his stuff soon enough, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Patriots just gave him the boot..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/08/31/patriots-release-tim-tebow-cut/2750815/

Tim Tebow is done with the New England Patriots. The next question is whether his NFL career is over, too.

The Patriots waived Tebow on Saturday morning, ESPN reported.

Tebow, 26, signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in June that included no guarantees. In three preseason appearances, he was 11-of-30 passing for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Opening Saturday of college football and the lead story on ESPN is a 3rd/4th string NFL QB got cut.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#29]
As much as was rooting for him, unless he becomes a tight end, I don't think he has any prospects of playing in the NFL.

If I were him I would get a sweet deal as a sports caster, make a 150-200k for talking about sports and go that route.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#30]
No, he throws like he has scoliosis and cerebral palsy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#31]
He will probably end up there.

Quoted:
Buffalo is running out of QB's
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As much as was rooting for him, unless he becomes a tight end, I don't think he has any prospects of playing in the NFL.

If I were him I would get a sweet deal as a sports caster, make a 150-200k for talking about sports and go that route.
View Quote

Na, I don't think that would suit him.  I think he'd be good on the speech giving circuit though.

Regardless of what happens he definitely won't be hurting financially.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe he needs to get laid.

Might loosen him up a tad.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not getting laid is part of his meal ticket.

If he plays his cards right the imagine he cultivated for himself will make him a fortune.  Of course he'd probably give most of it to a church or something like that, but still.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Na, I don't think that would suit him.  I think he'd be good on the speech giving circuit though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think he would make a good talking head on ESPN?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Those freaking Manning brothers have ruined it for all the rest.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Tebow is making a big mistake with his 'NFL or Bust' attitude.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Fuck him.  Tired of fucking hearing about him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger field and larger spacing of Line of Scrimmage could work to Tebow's advantage though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#40]
CFL
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#41]
What about ARENA League?......
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all.  Although I'm sure they'd love to have him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#43]
He wants to have his cake and eat it too. He could probably be a starting QB in Canada or something, OR he could have a decent NFL career as a tight end. Just not both.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If he plays his cards right the imagine he cultivated for himself will make him a fortune.  Of course he'd probably give most of it to a church or something like that, but still.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or...

He could execute a classic "fall from grace", go the coke & whores route, and end up on the cover of every supermarket tabloid.  Do this for 2 or 3 years and then "clean up", be photographed in a suit and tie kneeling with some clergyman, and take another shot at the NFL.  Regardless of whether he could actually play well, he would sell tickets because people love a redemption story.  This would also set him up for a more compelling delivery on the speaking circuit.  All he needs is a savvy PR agency to help him pull this off.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Or Theisman. He made it back to the NFL from Toronto.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Lol you know he won't do that.

He will probably get married have 4 perfect kids and live in a big ass perfect house with tons of money. We would probably never hear about him again.
probably be hired by UF to inspire the team and make 325k a year and never pay for a meal again.

Or I guess he could buy a Lamborghini and crash it with a hooker in the trunk while snorting coke off a midget and the raiders would sign him for life.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Press release said it was due to not having enough felonies.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

he could by a Lamborghini and crash it with a hooker in the trunk while snorting coke off a midget and the raiders would sign him for life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Patriots just gave him the boot..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/08/31/patriots-release-tim-tebow-cut/2750815/

Tim Tebow is done with the New England Patriots. The next question is whether his NFL career is over, too.

The Patriots waived Tebow on Saturday morning, ESPN reported.

Tebow, 26, signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in June that included no guarantees. In three preseason appearances, he was 11-of-30 passing for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

He'll be back in 3 days
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top