Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/24/2013 5:02:47 PM EDT

American Amanda Knox will not return to Italy for a retrial in the 2007 death of her British roommate, a spokesman for the Knox family said.

"It's a really complicated question," Knox said. "I mean, I'm afraid to go back there. I don't want to go back into prison."

Knox may be ordered to return to Italy for the retrial. If she refuses, the Italian government could appeal to the United States for her extradition. But even if it does, it's not clear whether the United States would extradite Knox.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the INTERPOL lovers..........
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
And she shouldn't   Fuck that spaghetti court.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Attractive.  Not worth getting a prescription for Valtrex, though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
She should stay here and date Derek Jeter
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Not guilty.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't go back either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

American Amanda Knox will not return to Italy for a retrial in the 2007 death of her British roommate, a spokesman for the Knox family said.

View Quote

"It's a really complicated question," Knox said. "I mean, I'm afraid to go back there. I don't want to go back into prison."

Knox may be ordered to return to Italy for the retrial. If she refuses, the Italian government could appeal to the United States for her extradition. But even if it does, it's not clear whether the United States would extradite Knox.

She's white.

Obama would hand her over to Italy on a silver platter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Go waitress in a small town restaurant, off grid.

Meet guy, go be housewife on a few hundred acres and small town with small makeover for rest of life.

If I were she, I'd dissapear.  No reason to deal with the US.gov interpol, or Italy.  She's good enough looking, probably has the brains and the crazy to make a go of it.

Fuck em.  Go for it, dissapear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't go back there either.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]
fuck that..she went through their process ..its over
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

America is different in having no double jeopardy.

Murica #1
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Stay out of the EIU.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well.....duh.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Murica #1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murica #1

Yeah I'll take fucked up euro legal systems for $200 Alex
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't go back there either.

Nope.

Me neither. Screw that court.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#21]
sexy as hell.  Id let her tie me up for a chance to see her masturbate as I suffocate. At least this will be the last thing I see.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not entirely sure I agree with this to be honest.

The convictions of Knox and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were overturned in 2011 for "lack of evidence."
Italy's Supreme Court decided last year to retry the case, saying the jury that acquitted Knox didn't consider all the evidence, and that discrepancies in testimony needed to be answered.
View Quote

So she was convicted, but then it was overturned.  Now the courts say "no we want a conviction anyway" pretty much?

can you imagine our justice if we allowed someone to be retried ONLY because the court wanted to convict them?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go back either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So she was convicted, but then it was overturned.  Now the courts say "no we want a conviction anyway" pretty much?

can you imagine our justice if we allowed someone to be retried ONLY because the court wanted to convict them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The convictions of Knox and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were overturned in 2011 for "lack of evidence."
Italy's Supreme Court decided last year to retry the case, saying the jury that acquitted Knox didn't consider all the evidence, and that discrepancies in testimony needed to be answered.

You mean how, if the state court does not give the PC verdict, the Federal Court tries them for "civil rights violations"?

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Not guilty!  There, I'm the first second to say it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You mean how, if the state court does not give the PC verdict, the Federal Court tries them for "civil rights violations"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I was thinking of Zimmerman when I wrote that.

This is pretty much the same thing.  Granted I'm not really sure she's innocent but... if the courts are going to just retrial until they get the conviction they want, I fully support telling them to fuck off.  cos... what if she IS innocent?  that'd be really fucked up then no?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#27]
If its possible, Italy is even more screwed up than France.  I wouldnt go back either.  Its over isnt it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah like that. "Zimmermanned"
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I have very, very serious questions about Italian jurisprudence after reading Douglas Preston's "The Monster Of Florence", detailing the shenanigans of the whole Italian legal system while trying to track down a serial killer.

Very serious questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_of_Florence

Il Mostro redirects here. For the 2008 book, see The Monster of Florence. For the 1994 Roberto Benigni film, see The Monster (1994 film). For the 1977 Italian film, see Il mostro (1977 film).

The Monster of Florence, also known as Il Mostro, is an epithet commonly used for the perpetrator, or perpetrators, of 16 murders, nearly all of couples, that took place between 1968 and 1985 in the province of Florence, Italy. The same gun and pattern were used in all the murders.

Four local men – Stefano Mele, Pietro Pacciani, Mario Vanni, and
Giancarlo Lotti – were arrested, charged, and convicted of the crime at
different times. However, these convictions have been criticized and
ridiculed in the media; critics suggest that the real killer or killers
have never been identified. Several other suspects were arrested and
held in captivity at various times, but they were later released when
subsequent murders using the same weapon and methods cast doubt on the
guilt of the suspects held in captivity.

The English author Magdalen Nabb wrote the 1996 novel The Monster of Florence
based on her extensive research and documents from the actual case.
Although the book is a work of fiction, Nabb states that the
investigation in the novel was real and the presentation as fiction was a
protective measure. In their 2008 non-fiction book The Monster of Florence, Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi suggested the same perpetrator as Nabb had identified: Antonio Vinci
(the nephew and son of two Sardinian brothers each suspected of being
the Monster) is a likely candidate for being the real killer. Vinci denied this in a Dateline NBC interview with Stone Phillips.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ERIC HOLDER
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is pretty much the same thing.  Granted I'm not really sure she's innocent but... if the courts are going to just retrial until they get the conviction they want, I fully support telling them to fuck off.  cos... what if she IS innocent?  that'd be really fucked up then no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read into it.  There was enough reasonable doubt, she would NOT have been convicted...except she was American.

They had no real evidence.  The circumstantial evidence was a joke.  Fingerprints and DNA...they were ROOMMATES.

It was a bullshit conviction.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Case was a joke.  They caught the guy who did it and he's in prison.  Prosecutor loves the limelight and makes up outrageous charges to insure media coverage.  Not the first time he's done it either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
She can hide in my house.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#34]
A smart decision.  Many people in the US legal system think she got away with murder.  At this point, I don't know to think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sure The Zero is thinking about Zimmerman and taking notes.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't blame her for not wanting to go back for the retrial.

If she wants a place to lay low, I've got room in my bed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#37]
There was a Dateline special or something about her a couple months ago. She is certainly not guilty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A smart decision.  Many people in the US legal system think she got away with murder.  At this point, I don't know to think.
View Quote

Many people in the US legal system are fucking idiots.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck that.

They'd have to catch me coming out of a Dairy Queen, throw a black bag over my head, and chuck me into the back of a C-130 to get me into a foreign court.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I wouldn't go back either.... Especially since she's NOT GUILTY!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Well that's a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
sexy as hell.  Id let her tie me up for a chance to see her masturbate as I suffocate. At least this will be the last thing I see.
View Quote

We need to hook her up with Zimmerman...
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#44]
This does one good thing for Italy.

It finally is something more embarrassing then their performance in North Africa in WWII.

I would have never thought it possible to degrade a nation more than that but they have finally managed to do so.

When an entire Italian division surrendered to a hand full of Brits Churchill proclaimed "Never in the course of history has so many surrendered to so few"

The United States should threaten to break diplomatic relations with Italy for their unbelievable absurdity in the Amanda Knox case

Anyone of Italian decent should wear a bag of shame to hide their face for the embarrassment the Italian court system is bringing on a good race of people.

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Y'all know that's not even a possibility for a private citizen, right?

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#46]
It will be a while until I go back to Italy. In fact it will be a while until I travel to Europe. As much as I would like the kids to visit there, it will be a while until we make plans.

We still have Disneyland though.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#47]
If I was president I would let the Italian cops come and get her,

After I sent her to a certain base Coronado.

Yes I am still bitter over the Achille Lauro incident.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Murica #1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murica #1

That's not exactly true...ask Officers Koon and in Powell that  were involved in the Rodney King fiasco. They (Koon and Powell) were found innocent in a state court but tried and convicted in a Federal court. There are others as well, including George Zimmerman who the Feds have thought about charging with Federal civil rights Violations. The worm has turned if your targeted.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

In before the INTERPOL lovers..........
View Quote
If she were my daughter and Interpol came to get her, I am pretty sure I would treat them as kidnappers.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember the Fox News talking heads commenting on the trial. They all stated there wasn`t enough evidence to convict her or even possibly indict her in the US. They also felt the Italians had significant problems with the the way the evidence was handled. That said, while they didn`t think she committed the actual murder, they felt she was definitely involved.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top