Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 8:04:10 PM EDT
[b]Finally, I'm defecting to Free America!![/b][:D]
Some of you are aware that I was out in the Phoenix area last weekend. I was there to finalize an interview for a job that I'd been negotiating for a few months, and we've come to an agreement. I'll be starting work there in about 4 weeks, so I've got a LOT to do first. I had to break the news to my current employer today, that was rough...
I'll be moving out to Scottsdale or the surrounding area by myself at first, with my GF and the dogs moving out in the near future.

Man, This feels Good! I'm SO looking forward to all the changes that will be coming because of this.[:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man...Arizona is beautiful country as long as you don't mind the heat.  Wish I could live there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
DUUUDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!! Bet now you know how I felt when I got the job here in Dallas. Well so are you getting in on the LtdEdition rifle? That's not too bad, AZ is a stones throw away from Kali. You can still make quick visits to family and friends. Happy for ya man. CCW, AW, class3. Man it'll be great I tell ya. Not much liberals. No one will think you nut for owning guns. Well at least not that big of a nut. I think there is no state taxes in AZ either. That oughta help the pocket book.

I guess I opened the flood gate when I left. Rich314 is looking in NV too, at least the last time I talked to him. He's got a big move if he does. If it keeps going like this, we would need a re-union of all ex Kali prisoners. Maybe a shoot in Vegas!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
:in a femme voice:

Ohhhh!  I see HOW YOU are!  You get a couple of bags a desiccant and laa dee dah...you leave me!

You b!tch!

Really now, glad to hear that you got what you wanted.
Can you release any details yet? or is it still hush-hush?
I wish you the best of luck in your career.

BTW, Thanks for the Jackson...way too much for a favor, though. LMK if you need any more.

Paul
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations !!!

Out of Californie is the place you want to be,
Loaded up the family and moved to Arizonie,
Free he is, high cap mags, and AR's.
YeeeeHaaaa!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
kewl.
Remember.

It is now your job to supply all of your buddies in Callifornia with needed supplies, ifyagitmydrift.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think there is no state taxes in AZ either. That oughta help the pocket book.

Sorry.  The state DOES INDEED tax - income AND sales.  Texas and Nevada have that advantage over us.  However, I've been here (Tucson) since 1981 and I still love it, heat and all.

Welcome to AZ, Treetop!

(edited because I'm numerically dyslexic)
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
You got the job.

Congrats!!! [:)]
Tree is a free man.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrat's Treetop! So what is the first class 3 you plan on getting? [:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#11]
man, i love arizona. i have family there. what cool is as you go north and the alt. changes the whole landscape changes. the area around Sedona(spelling?) is awsome. if memory serves, one of the largest gun stores is in pheniox. i think its "gun haven" or sumthin
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
TREETOP, Welcome to Arizona.

You do realize in 4 weeks the daily high temps will be above 100 deg.

It will be a dry heat though. Hehehehehehahahahaha!

THISISME
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
The heat is something I'll just have to deal with. I'm a person who'd rather be too hot than too cold anyway.
[:D]I can't wait...
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats and best wishes on your new career. I plan on following your lead sometime in the not too distant future. Considering the Rim area or Flagstaff. Maybe we'll cross paths sometime down the road. Oh what fun it would be to have a legal suppressor on every gun in the safe, not to mention being able to purchuse full auto. *Drewl* Envying you already!

-jsr75
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Treetop, sorry to hear you're leaving CA, but congrats on the new job--and new freedoms to enjoy fun toys legally. Why am I sorry? Because CA loses another pro-gun voter, that's why. [:\]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI Rio Salado Sportsmans Club in Mesa has rifle/shotgun matches every 2d Saturday.  The stages are often as good as any Nationals or SOF.  

welcome to AZ!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats on escaping that toilet CA before the big hand pulls the little silver lever.

You will love AZ.  Be sure to try the M1 Garand familiarization/qualification at Rio Salado, stop by the frequent Crossroads of the West gun shows, and go do some plinking in the White Tank Mountains a bit west of town.  Oh yeah, and stop by Mandall's in Scottsdale.  It is more a museum than a shop, but there is a lot of cool stuff to look at if not buy.

Welcome to Free America!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]
jsr75, Don’t envy me, I have no class III.

Man, I want to get selective fire guns and suppressors and the price is not what’s holding me
Back. We have lots of nice guns.

What’s holding back is that as soon as I purchase a suppressor or an MP5 the ATF has a legal right to come check out my home twice a years if they so choose.

I could see it now. We just get back from the range and bring all the guns in and take a break before they all go back to their places in the safe. We get a knock at the door. The ATF wants to see how we are storing our class three stuff and he decides to we are in violation of various laws because my children have access to the firearms that are not in the safe yet.

Perhaps I’m just too paranoid.

THISISME

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#19]
So what did your current employer say when you told him you were leaving Kalifornia because of the gun laws?

You should send letters to each and every elected official in your representitive area explaining how much income and tax base you are taking with you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My oldest bother lives in the southeast outskirts of Tucson. I went to college at U of A in Tucson. My job sometimes takes me to Phoenix. I absolutely LOVE Arizona, heat and all. I've experienced the heat of Yuma in the summer. Here in southern Pa., the temp doesn't usually climb that high, but the comfort index with the humidity is very compareable. Just wear a hat and don't get sunburnt - and drink lots of water, and the heat ain't a problem in AZ.. Lots of places to go shooting too!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi TreeTop!
I live in Scottsdale as well so if you need to know where anything is shoot me an e-mail. [email protected]
I met you Sunday at the gun show. Congrats on your new job! If you need the lo-down on the best gun shops in town I know where they all are.....

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Lucky guy, been there twice, check out dillion precision, friendly guys over there ask them for a tour.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#23]
so whares the new job, anymore openings?? [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#24]
ClearFire, my boss has known for a long time about my frustration with the California laws. He took the news surprisingly well. I chose to give him 3 weeks notice rather than the customary 2 weeks, since he's been good to me.
Hopefully he'll be OK without me...

ChairborneRanger, I got to go to the Crossroads Show last weekend, and it reminded me of how the shows used to be here. It made me so happy to be there, but so sad when I realised how much has been taken away from the citizens of California.
I saw Mandall's, and almost stopped in on Monday, but I wasn't sure if they were open and we were in a hurry to get back home (6.5 hour drive)

the_survivalist, Unfortunately there aren't any other positions available in the (small) company I'm going to be working for. In fact we had to kind of make a position for me, since they wanted me to work there but I wanted something more. There are HUGE amounts of jobs available in the Phoenix area, though. It wouldn't be hard for any of us to find work there.

Thank you guys for the congratulations and well wishes! It feels like my whole life is about to change, but I'm confident it will work out.

-TREETOP.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#25]
We look forward to having you join the ranks of As-Free -As-America-Will-Be America.  

HB2562, decriminalization of concealed carry has passed the house, and is on its way to the senate.  It will make carrying concealed w/o permit a $50 fine petty offense from a misdemeanor of up to 6 mos in jail and $2500

Class 3 abounds, everywhere, very common.  

No one gives me funny looks when open carrying...at 18, w/o license of any sort, yay me!

Shooting spots galore, fuck the ranges, all desert.  Cruise up north 2 hours and youre in the cool pine tree natl forest land.

You will be expected to let me show you the shooting spots wthin 30 minutes of Snobbsdale, er, Scottsdale.  

You will be expected to come out on the lake with me and some of my high school girls.  I suppose you can bring the wife.....but, sneh.

You will be expected to come to the next Barley Pop Shoot and the next Flagstaff Pipe Line Shoot.

You will be expected to go to the above and fire machine guns to your hearts content.

Oh yeah, when you come shooting, you have to bring your own shovel.

Look forward to meeting you...

Ryan out...

Link Posted: 4/13/2001 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]
One more thing,  you'll be expected to don your kevlar and come play .22 tag.  If you odnt have any ballistic gear, I have plenty to go 'round
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Fine, leave us poor bastards here to suffer.

Actually, anyone who has grown up in the inland areas of CA is used to the heat. 100+ is common.

Man, I gotta make that move to NV I've been promising myself for 2 years. I just wish there were more jobs...
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
...You will be expected to come out on the lake with me and some of my high school girls.  I suppose you can bring the wife.....but, sneh.

Ryan out...

View Quote

[b]Looks like I'll be getting into more trouble than I first counted on.[/b][;)]

Ryan- was that you at the CavArms booth in Phoenix? On the phone with Shawn's wife when I stopped by? If it was, and I would have known it was, I would have stayed longer to visit...
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the_survivalist, Unfortunately there aren't any other positions available in the (small) company I'm going to be working for. In fact we had to kind of make a position for me, since they wanted me to work there but I wanted something more. There are HUGE amounts of jobs available in the Phoenix area, though. It wouldn't be hard for any of us to find work there.

-TREETOP.
View Quote

well when you get there send me some local newspapers. and i will try to go from there... hehehe ..... good bye bitch (klinton)
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#30]
the_survivalist, In the Arizona Republic the jobs section is huge.
Arizona’s current unemployment rate is just 2.9%.

If you have a local Borders books store or other book store that stocks news papers from around the country you can pick one up ASAP.

THISISME
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#31]
It was great meeting you at the show, Treetop.

We're going to have to work on some C3 for ya when you get settled in. Or, you can just drive up here and shoot all my post-samples.

As for warrantless searches because you own C3, I dont know where you are getting that info. You do not give up your 4th Amendment rights by paying an excise tax on a firearm. D.

www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top