Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skater's attitude after the fact makes it seem like it was a pre-planned "accident".

He is more interested in picking up his board than checking the kid.

Seems to me that skaters are pissed kids are around the area they skate and figure one or two "accidents" and the parents won't let their kids utilize "their" skate area.

Just my take.
View Quote

Admittedly I'm no skater, but even I can see the ramps and rails in the background.  Looks like skater kid was skating around the perimeter of skate park and looked and sounded pretty concerned to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Skater's attitude after the fact makes it seem like it was a pre-planned "accident".

Seems to me that skaters are pissed kids are around the area they skate and figure one or two "accidents" and the parents won't let their kids utilize "their" skate area.

Just my take.
View Quote

He was probably just in shock. I know before I had a kid if something like that happened I wouldn't really know how to respond. Hell even with a strange kid it's not like you are going to instantly pick them and start to console them.

Despite what you might think most of them aren't assholes and wouldn't go crashing into kids on purpose.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Fat whore needed some skateboard to face.

If you'd just stand there and let a woman beat you up, just choke yourself.  Beta white knight fags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just my take.
View Quote

Please tell me you're not a cop and have no plans to be?

The kid didnt know what to do because he's a kid. And because the toddler was already being helped up.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you'd just stand there and let a woman beat you up, just choke yourself.  Beta white knight fags.
View Quote

If you would neutral drop someone's car for not tipping the valet just choke yourself.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Bitch was prolly on her cell phone while her kid got hammered. Guy seemed sympathetic but did not know how to react. Lunch a man get ready for beat down
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Watching your kids entails keeping them out of trouble and getting hurt... All the "watching" you're doing with him running 50 feet ahead across a concrete lot of whatever that fuck that "park" is is watching him get hurt.

Good Luck to you...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you can't watch your kid...

Please explain to me what watching your kid entails?

So lets say Im at a park, I allow my toddler to stroll ahead 30-50 feet.....all while keeping a watchful eye.

Is that not watching my kid? Is that being an irresponsible parent?

So this skateboarder comes and slams into my toddler and busts his head on the concrete. How the fuck could someone have stopped that from happening?

You take your kids to parks so that they CAN WALK AROUND without fear of getting run over!!

The kid wasnt downtown or playing in traffic......he was in a park where people stroll around, sit and relax and take their kids to go play and let them walk around.

If that was a skate park, that was the stupidest skate park I have ever seen.....nothing but concrete planters and seating areas....no skating obstacles.

Watching your kids entails keeping them out of trouble and getting hurt... All the "watching" you're doing with him running 50 feet ahead across a concrete lot of whatever that fuck that "park" is is watching him get hurt.

Good Luck to you...

You obviously dont have kids....or if you do, you dont spend any time around them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn't get that at all.  Believe me, I'm certainly no fan of the typical "skate boarder" but he seemed genuinely concerned, and once the woman picked up the child it would have been highly inappropriate to touch the child.  He didn't flee, seemed genuinely concerned and sorry it happened, and really couldn't have done anything further.  As I said above, "just one of those things" and not much for him to do in the short time before the bitch attacked him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

I didn't get that at all.  Believe me, I'm certainly no fan of the typical "skate boarder" but he seemed genuinely concerned, and once the woman picked up the child it would have been highly inappropriate to touch the child.  He didn't flee, seemed genuinely concerned and sorry it happened, and really couldn't have done anything further.  As I said above, "just one of those things" and not much for him to do in the short time before the bitch attacked him.

I watched it again a couple of times and I too disagree with my initial assessment, but I do not see any real concern for the kid. I see him reaching for his board and not towards the child prior to the woman appearing (which is a witness and not the mother). I now change my opinion to that of a dude skating in a park and not really giving a fuck about hurting others, maybe annoyed his go-pro video that would have landed him an Independent or some other truck company contract delayed because of some kid.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's hoping that she was arrested for assault.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#10]
That woman is a bitch, it was clearly an accident. It sounds like she is yelling for the woman who picks up the child to "punch him in the face!" almost immediately.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Admittedly I'm no skater, but even I can see the ramps and rails in the background.  Looks like skater kid was skating around the perimeter of skate park and looked and sounded pretty concerned to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So lets say Im at a park, I allow my toddler to stroll ahead 30-50 feet.....all while keeping a watchful eye.

So this skateboarder comes and slams into my toddler and busts his head on the concrete. How the fuck could someone have stopped that from happening?

You take your kids to parks so that they CAN WALK AROUND without fear of getting run over!!

The kid wasnt downtown or playing in traffic......he was in a park where people stroll around, sit and relax and take their kids to go play and let them walk around.

If that was a skate park, that was the stupidest skate park I have ever seen.....nothing but concrete planters and seating areas....no skating obstacles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mom's a dirtbag. Typical response from the thug life types.

Don't care about your kids until somebody does something to them, then it's fighting time.

And, to me, it's painfully obvious that's not a skate park. Just a regular park where skaters hang out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Should have hit the mother with the board.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The kid didnt know what to do because he's a kid. And because the toddler was already being helped up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

Wow! Now I never had any plans to be a cop, and I am glad you aren't an investigator because the kid wasn't "already being helped up"
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you would neutral drop someone's car for not tipping the valet just choke yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clever.....

You're still a failure of a man if you'd just stand there and let somebody hit you, regardless of gender.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You obviously dont have kids....or if you do, you dont spend any time around them.

View Quote

You obviously know nothing about me. If you did, you would realize how idiotic you sound.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Should have hit the mother with the board.
View Quote

I wouldn't have blamed him. Self defense at that point.

Mother should be ashamed of herself for letting her child run loose in a high traffic area full of strangers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Bitch woulda had a face full of board. She can cry with her shitty unplanned crutch fruit. I hate when kids randomly apear with no parent around. Watch your kids.

Also don't look at your feet and only move in the direction your eyes are looking. Idiots meet idiots.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You're still a failure of a man if you'd just stand there and let somebody hit you, regardless of gender.
View Quote

While he could have issued a beat-down of her, and be arguably justified in doing so, the proper reaction would have been to call the police and let them enforce the law.  You know, like we do in a civilized society.  Of course, the video of that would not end up on worldstarhiphop.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bitch woulda had a face full of board. She can cry with her shitty unplanned crutch fruit. I hate when kids randomly apear with no parent around. Watch your kids.

Also don't look at your feet and only move in the direction your eyes are looking. Idiots meet idiots.
View Quote

Which side would be more effective as a weapon?  The grip tape, or the trucks?  I go with trucks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
you dont spend any time around them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Luck to you...

you dont spend any time around them.

Apparently the mom didn't either letting her kid run 50-100 feet ahead of her. Look how long it took the mom to get there. Some pederast could have easily been watching, snatched the kid up and been out of there in no time and I doubt that it would have made Fox News.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#22]
It doesn't matter what kind of park it it is.  It's a case of one pedestrian running into another.  The kid's mom let him run and get in the way and the skater wasn't watching where he was going.

The mom needs a trip to jail.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome to the site.  I am sure you are a great new addition to our community.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope that skater uses the video to press charges. It was an accident. He probably wasn't supposed to be skating there but the little kid shouldn't have been running around unattended too. What if it was a street and it was a car instead of a skateboarder? It was a no fault type of thing and that lady should not have attacked the skateboarder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Dont leave your fuck trophy unattended in a skate park.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#26]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you always let your kid walk around without paying attention to them? What an awesome parent you are.

That is what happened in the video, if you bothered to watch it. The kid is at fault for not paying attention, but he looked genuinely remorseful.

The mother should have had better situational awareness regarding her child and been in a place to either move the kid or yell at the skateboarder.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Good punch.  After watching this groups other videos, this probably wasn’t a skate park.  Typical skater vandals.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wow! Now I never had any plans to be a cop, and I am glad you aren't an investigator because the kid wasn't "already being helped up"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my take.

Thank god.

Re-watch the video. He's attempting to untangle toddler and skateboard when the first woman arrives. She pulls the child away and only then is he worried about his skateboard which is now a hazard for someone to fall over.  He's standing there sheepishly because what else do you do at that point?

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You obviously know nothing about me. If you did, you would realize how idiotic you sound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, OK Einstein......you remember you saying this next time your kid gets hurt and you werent there with a fluffy pillow to break his fall.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

Kind of hard to see with a shitty screenshot but this is what I'm talking about.  Looks skate parkish to me.

" />
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#32]
While I empathise with the parent and child. I see no malice or fault from the skater. Watch and you will see him jump a 180, his eyes on his feet for the landing. As he lands the kid can be seen running straight  towards the skater, who has no time to react. Before anyone gives me any shit, when my oldest son was 13 he ran out between two parked cars and was struck by a car. His face went into the windshield and he was thrown forward about twenty feet. Fortunately he is fine today, having just graduated for H.S. My point, kids will be kids.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The mother should have had better situational awareness regarding her child and been in a place to either move the kid or yell at the skateboarder.

View Quote

Took mom 25 seconds to get to kid after he was hit.

That's a pretty terrible response time if you're concerned at all with keeping your kids close enough to protect them should the need arise.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I watched it again a couple of times and I too disagree with my initial assessment, but I do not see any real concern for the kid. I see him reaching for his board and not towards the child prior to the woman appearing (which is a witness and not the mother). I now change my opinion to that of a dude skating in a park and not really giving a fuck about hurting others, maybe annoyed his go-pro video that would have landed him an Independent or some other truck company contract delayed because of some kid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

He's learned in todays society you don't touch kids.  It's the first time he has run over someone other than his freinds.  He was unfamiliar with how to react.  The only reason I see him picking up the board is the other woman had picked up the child and his Spidy sense told him this might go sour real quick and he didn't want to have the board held hostage.

I could see myself having the same problem as a teen.  "Crap I feel bad for hurting this kid but I can't touch him."
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Kind of hard to see with a shitty screenshot but this is what I'm talking about.  Looks skate parkish to me.

http://<a href=http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z376/woob44/Skater_zps7c9ebdbf.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That's playground equipment.

There's a little kid sized bench right next to it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z376/woob44/Skater_zps7c9ebdbf.jpg</a>" />

Like I said, not a skater.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Which side would be more effective as a weapon?  The grip tape, or the trucks?  I go with trucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither. Edge on. Less surface are and almost zero wind resistance.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's learned in todays society you don't touch kids.  It's the first time he has run over someone other than his freinds.  He was unfamiliar with how to react.  The only reason I see him picking up the board is the other woman had picked up the child and his Spidy sense told him this might go sour real quick and he didn't want to have the board held hostage.

I could see myself having the same problem as a teen.  "Crap I feel bad for hurting this kid but I can't touch him."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

Exactly.

Plus the kid could be freaked out by it.

My friends daughter the other day yelled "Hey mom, Help me get down" at the park, then attempted to jump off the giant thing she was on and wadded it hard.

I ran right over and picked her up and started cleaning her off because for some reason there is mulch in the park and it's messy as shit. Her mom was juggling a diaper bag another kid and a car seat so it took her a bit to get over there.

The kid stopped crying and immediately started again when she realized it was me instead of her mom helping her.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hope that skater uses the video to press charges. It was an accident. It was an accident that should have never happened because he is not supposed to be skating there.

He probably wasn't supposed to be skating there but the little kid shouldn't have been running around unattended too.Its a park, letting your kid run around at a PARK is not leaving them unattended.

What if it was a street and it was a car instead of a skateboarder?Non sequitur......it wasnt a street and it wasnt a car. What if it was on Mars, what if it was a nuclear submarine?

It was a no fault type of thing and that lady should not have attacked the skateboarder. If that kid shouldnt have been skateboarding there....it certainly was a FAULT type of thing. His irresponsible and illegal behavior could have put that kid in the hospital.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I love the internet tough guys here who blame the kid and want to hit a woman.  

You're fucking pathetic.
View Quote

Got nothing to do with being internet tough guys.

1) Neither the kid not the skater were paying attention.
2) The skater was not being an asshole, no malicious intent, accidents happen.
3) Mom was not controlling her crotch fruit (took her long enough to get there), again, accidents happen.
4) Women keep repeating the mantra of wanting to be treated equal to men, UNTIL they start a fight with a man like a man. Then its all "You can't hit me, I'm just a girl." (or they look all hurt and surprised and let others say it instead).
5) White Knight for her all day long, shes still not going to give you any.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Still looks like the woman committed assault to me...
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of hard to see with a shitty screenshot but this is what I'm talking about. Looks skate parkish to me.

What kind of playground equipment is on concrete?

There are actually rules that people must follow these days when a playground is done that include so many inches of turf around said playground. Concrete doesn't fall into that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SkatePark...I have never seen an all concrete kids playground...but I don't live in the ghetto either.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a no fault type of thing and that lady should not have attacked the skateboarder. If that kid shouldnt have been skateboarding there....it certainly was a FAULT type of thing. His irresponsible and illegal behavior could have put that kid in the hospital.

The mom's irresponsible "I'm going to maintain a position of over-watch 25 seconds away from my kid" contributed to her kid getting roto-tillered by the skateboarder.

And the mom's intentional, premeditated, criminal behavior could've put the skater in the hospital.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope that skater uses the video to press charges. It was an accident. It was an accident that should have never happened because he is not supposed to be skating there.

He probably wasn't supposed to be skating there but the little kid shouldn't have been running around unattended too.Its a park, letting your kid run around at a PARK is not leaving them unattended.

What if it was a street and it was a car instead of a skateboarder?Non sequitur......it wasnt a street and it wasnt a car. What if it was on Mars, what if it was a nuclear submarine?

Exactly how do you know skating is not allowed there?  It is allowed in most parks, just like roller skating (fruit booting), cycling, running, etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes.  I do not hold a 4-6 year old CHILD to the same common sense standards as a grown man, or even a teenager.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the internet tough guys here who blame the kid and want to hit a woman.  

You're fucking pathetic.
Wait, so if a kid walks into the middle of a basketball game and guys arent looking and runs of the kid, its the players fault?  GTFO moron.

Yes.  I do not hold a 4-6 year old CHILD to the same common sense standards as a grown man, or even a teenager.

What about his parents keeping a better eye on their kid? How far away was mom to take as long to get there as she did?
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#47]
If the mom was so concerned for her son why didn't she check to see how badly he was hurt before attacking the skater?
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

SkatePark...I have never seen an all concrete kids playground...but I don't live in the ghetto either.....
View Quote

I've never seen anything that looks remotely like that contraption in a skatepark
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That didnt look like a skate park dude.

Fuck that, I cant let my toddler walk around without having to fear that some idiot on a skateboard isnt going to knock the shit out of him?

Do that to my kid out in a public place where pedestrians are supposed to travel, not skateboarders....watch what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck that, its that little kids fault, he shouldnt be walking around in the middle of a skatepark. Fuck that cunt.

That didnt look like a skate park dude.

Fuck that, I cant let my toddler walk around without having to fear that some idiot on a skateboard isnt going to knock the shit out of him?

Do that to my kid out in a public place where pedestrians are supposed to travel, not skateboarders....watch what happens.

You would escalate an accident to an assault on your part? Because based on that video, I find him guilty of stupid and her assault.

ETA: I hope you don't carry a gun with that level of self control.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Over-reaction on moms part, although some skaters are really oblivious to anyone around them
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top