Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question- whats the problem with background checks?
View Quote

They will eventually lead to a database, registration and confiscation.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The guns info stays in the 4473 in my office, how exactly is that reg?
They just can't walk in and take all the 4473's?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Background checks on every sale/purchase = Backdoor Registration in my book.  Imagine in today's technological climate what this would do.  Every time you legally sell/purchase a weapon ftf you would have to do it through an ffl.  Every weapon would be accounted for on paper/computer, so if/when there ever was confiscation they would know exactly where to look.

Just to be clear, I'm not of afraid of "this" administration "Cummin afta ma gunns", I'm afraid what's coming 5-10-30 years from now.  Who knows what will be in office.

And when you give up your FFL, wher do the 4473s go? Oh yeah, the ATF.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Typical fudds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
OST
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have they every featured EBRs on the show?
View Quote

Yea, Jep had one for an outing
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I emailed the duck call company and asked what was up. I'd want to see exactly what was said.
View Quote

I'm sorry, but Duck Commander Duck Calls cannot comment on the views expressed by company employees or officers that are not directly related to our products.

Or maybe even a simple No Comment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
So what is everyone's solution for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals/felons? Should they be allowed the same rights as law abiding citizens?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Every weapon I purchase is registered so the powers at be know what I have. I don't really sell or buy FTF so I guess I don't get what the big deal is. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but if I were to sell a gun it would give me piece of mind knowing I wasn't selling a gun to someone that was a criminal or otherwise not allowed to own firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Background checks on every sale/purchase = Backdoor Registration in my book.  Imagine in today's technological climate what this would do.  Every time you legally sell/purchase a weapon ftf you would have to do it through an ffl.  Every weapon would be accounted for on paper/computer, so if/when there ever was confiscation they would know exactly where to look.

Every weapon I purchase is registered so the powers at be know what I have. I don't really sell or buy FTF so I guess I don't get what the big deal is. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but if I were to sell a gun it would give me piece of mind knowing I wasn't selling a gun to someone that was a criminal or otherwise not allowed to own firearms.

I agree with you Mr. RC.

It may be an inconvenience , but It makes me feel better know that. But, I don't think it should be any more strict, or the whole ammo check BS.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Always thought they were a bunch of retards. Staged retards at that.
They can go choke on a duck call.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't Phil Robertson on the NRA board?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe it isnt technically "registration" but I fill out paperwork on every firearm I buy, I don't have to get called in due to having a CHL but there is a paper trail regardless.
View Quote

No denying that.  

Here's the problem we're running into with Universal Background Checks in CO now, the FFL's don't want to do them.  It's not worth their time and there isn't any money in it for them.  UBC's are essentially putting an end to private sales here now and that is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear, I'm not of afraid of "this" administration "Cummin afta ma gunns", I'm afraid what's coming 5-10-30 years from now.  Who knows what will be in office.

Well it stays in your office and in the NSA database that recorded the approval call/email.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I like em. I'm gonna have to see the video for context before I shit ma brix.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So what is everyone's solution for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals/felons? Should they be allowed the same rights as law abiding citizens?
View Quote

They don't do gunshows in prisons.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have purchased your weapons in a state other than Texas. There is no registration in Texas. The form 4473 stays with the dealers so is not registration.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I emailed the duck call company and asked what was up. I'd want to see exactly what was said.
View Quote

Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]
There are some fucking morons in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

The 2nd amendment.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Are you serious? Really?

Why do you think they make you keep 4473s?

Hint: It's not because they want you to have a hobby. You are their backup filling cabinet.

O'rly?!

Riddle me this: Who has more guns, you or the ATF?

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You must have purchased your weapons in a state other than Texas. There is no registration in Texas. The form 4473 stays with the dealers so is not registration.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read above as I said its not technically registration but there is a paper trail on the firearm tying it to me. In all honesty how is that different than a gun being registered?

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It'll basically be the United States of California
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good one!
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag, hope this gets cleared up, could affect some of their audience, but the core idiot American won't catch it and it damn sure won't make the news unless he backs it up as true.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Keep them in prison if they're so dangerous. Otherwise they have the same rights.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Read above as I said its not technically registration but there is a paper trail on the firearm tying it to me. In all honesty how is that different than a gun being registered?

View Quote

So you're for registration; got it.

You didn't happen to move to this part of the country recently, did you?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#28]
No leg-chair pics???
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I recorded the show and just watched it.  It was the most half assed "yea" I've ever heard someone give when asked if they are okay with background checks.

There are way too many panties in a wad in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't said that anywhere, but a form 4473 in all reality is registration. If it was simply a background check then why do the firearms serial numbers have to be put on it?

I have also been a life long Texan. I have and always will be against gun bans, mag bans, etc but I'm sorry I don't see what the issue is with someone proving their legality to own a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh for fucks sake........
I'm amazed some of you chicken littles can still walk after the amount of times you've shot yourselves in the foot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I haven't said that anywhere, but a form 4473 in all reality is registration. If it was simply a background check then why do the firearms serial numbers have to be put on it?

I have also been a life long Texan. I have and always will be against gun bans, mag bans, etc but I'm sorry I don't see what the issue is with someone proving their legality to own a firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think that I should have to prove my "legality" to practice my religion?

Freedom of speech?

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't be done. 90% of criminals acquire their guns through theft anyways, most of the rest are straw purchases, so your point is moot. I'd really like to know how many criminals are browsing gun forums and buying Joe Blow's Glock, I'd bet it's fewer than 1%.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you should have to prove your legality before you get on the internet and exercise free speech. You could be a felon for all we know, trying to encourage others to commit felonies.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

Can you use your religion or your speech to rob a bank or kill an innocent person?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you haven't figured out how mandatory background checks on all firearm sales are a registration scheme, I'm not going ton waste my time explaining it to you again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're funny.

They shouldn't walk in and take the 4473's.

They have done a lot of things they "can't do.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple. The government doesn't know you have it. The only reason they would ever need to trace it is if it is used in a crime and found there. Until that moment, they have no clue whether you have it, or not.

As to your question about keeping guns out of the hands of felons and criminals, yeah it is working real well at doing that now, huh? No, all it does is harass people trying to do things legally.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think you should have to prove your legality before you get on the internet and exercise free speech. You could be a felon for all we know, trying to encourage others to commit felonies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defiantly not a felon but I obviously have an opinion that isn't shared by others.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There are way too many panties in a wad in this thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is what happened.

Bob asked if he supports background checks. Willie said yes and went on to clarify that he had a lot of weapons and always went through a check as well as filling out the paper work. During his clarification there was other talking going on, so it wasn't easy to hear Willie. Willie basically had that "well that was a dumb question look" on his face. Bob doesn't know what he is talking about and Willie probably didn't realize that. Willie didn't say anything about background checks other than what we already have in place.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Can you use your religion or your speech to rob a bank or kill an innocent person?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

Oh fuck yeah, here we go with the money shot

No seriously, GTFO.  It wasn't for the COC, I'd have some choice words for people dumb enough to be fooled by the likes of Bloomberg, Schumer, Holder, et al
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#43]
There are tons of people on the very site that support gun background checks...pissing on inalienable rights is not limited to fudds.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

Oh look, answering a question with another question

I can kill an innocent person with my fists and rob a bank with a water gun, yet I don't need to prove my "legality" to possess either one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ermmm...why do you have to have government permission to exercise an inalienable right...did you pass a background check to post?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh come on. Gun is used in crime, BATF uses serial number to find manufacturer, then distributor then you "Who did you sell the gun to, tell us what the 4473 says" and dealer tells them, happens daily  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh come on. Gun is used in crime, BATF uses serial number to find manufacturer, then distributor then you "Who did you sell the gun to, tell us what the 4473 says" and dealer tells them, happens daily  

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no solution.  They get them anyways, no reason law abiding citizens should have their rights infringed upon so we can "feel" good.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

I use a screwdriver and a window.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of speech?

People have been using religion to kill innocent people for thousands of years.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top