Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Yip! Yip! Yip!
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:13:43 PM EST
Someone at work brought it up at work last week. I did a few searches here and there and came up with...well...not much.

But here is this vague nonsense I have been able to gather.

Main new feature is the V6 engine option. Displacement is town to 3.5L but horsepower is up to 260. This is up from the 237hp on the current 4.0L V6. I have found no mention of torque figures.

Fuel economy is rumored to be 26 MPG with a direct injection V6. No mention if this is with the crew cab and a 6' bed or not. I doubt it.

A mention of overall lowered height with no sacrifice to ground clearance for better aerodynamics. No other mention from what I have been able to find on overall dimensions, but I predict a smaller interior and maybe the loss of the 6' bed option, which would be a big mistake in my opinion.

I thought there was a chance Toyota would offer a diesel option on a redesign. I have not been able to find even a hint at this.

Other than the offering of a diesel, I didn't really expect much out of a redesign other than a new engine with mildly better MPG. I'm sure the interior will be fitted with in dash GPS as well as connectivity for any media player you want to plug in. How much can they really offer outside of the engine?

I own a '07 crew cab long bed (6') with '80k-ish miles and I love the thing, except for the sub-par brakes, it is perfect for me and my dog.

Anyone care to offer information or an opinion/speculation on the redesign?

Thank you for your time.

I have a sneaky suspicion that overall interior cab volume will decrease across all options, and perhaps the option of a 6' bed will be eliminated. Just my suspicions. No hard data.

What say you? Care to speculate?

"No Ace, just you."
highspeedforlife
Beard.
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:15:23 PM EST
Pure speculation is it will upsize to a half ton.

The ecoboost and pentastar will make the compact truck category obsolete,

Rumor has it they fixed the leaf spring squeak and gave it ballsy brakes and work lights.
"A gun's like a woman, son it's all how you hold her." - Aaron Lewis
Stitches1974
My Tonka is bigger than your toy.
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:18:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/8/2013 5:19:05 PM EST by Stitches1974]
Not sure how accurate this is.
I thought I knew how scary the US .mil was, then I saw the tank-icon dogpiles in the pit.

Scarier than fucking nuclear weapons. 36_gauge
omar
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:20:11 PM EST
2015 news:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/289152-2015-tacoma-no-more-single-cab.html

2014:

WHAT'S NEW FOR 2014 TOYOTA
TACOMA – ON SALE DATE: SEPT. 2013

EXTERIOR
-Two new colors: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6 and Blue Ribbon Metallic 8T5 (replaces Silver 1E7 and Blue 8S6

INTERIOR
-Multimedia update: Expanded headunit/Entune availability includes: Entune Audio, Entune Audio Plus, Entune Premium Audio, and Entune Premium JBL Audio
-Backup monitor image moved to headunit (from inner mirror)

MECHANICAL
-Carryover

OTHER
-X-Runner Grade discontinued for 2014 MY
-SR Package (available on Pre-Runner and 4x4 Access and Double Cab Base Grades) includes: Color Key Exterior Appearance (including overfenders, door handles, bumpers, grille surround, outside mirrors); smoked headlamps; fog lights (on V6 models); available in Pyrite Mica, Spruce Mica and Nautical Blue Metallic exterior colors only
-In-line 16-inch Alloy Baja Wheel with Black finish (part of ST package)
highspeedforlife
Beard.
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:20:38 PM EST
Seems sketchy. 09 may be getting traded in though
zyx5432
Woof! Woof!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:23:03 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Wow, it has 260 Hewlett Packards?

"The particular six-cylinder, we would view a downsize to a 3.5 L can also use a completely new head design that applies regarding 260 Hewlett Packard and 260 lb-ft regarding torsion, we would go to a six-speed automatic generates also because manual as well as a lift throughout potency. Your 2014 Toyota Tacoma ought to have a base two-wheel-drive four-cylinder getting close to 30 miles per gallon, whilst the six-cylinder motor is going to be more detailed twenty six mpg."
PACK Larue
Team Ranstad
NRA Life Member
sleepdr
Snake oil salesman
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:25:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/8/2013 5:26:47 PM EST by sleepdr]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By zyx5432:
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Wow, it has 260 Hewlett Packards?

"The particular six-cylinder, we would view a downsize to a 3.5 L can also use a completely new head design that applies regarding 260 Hewlett Packard and 260 lb-ft regarding torsion, we would go to a six-speed automatic generates also because manual as well as a lift throughout potency. Your 2014 Toyota Tacoma ought to have a base two-wheel-drive four-cylinder getting close to 30 miles per gallon, whilst the six-cylinder motor is going to be more detailed twenty six mpg."

What is the conversion rate between detailed mpg and standard mpg? Do I have to consider the regarding torsion, or is that covered in the lift throughout potency?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Like fine herbs, dreams only develop their full fragrance when crushed and ground into a fine powder.
-LowBeta
PhuzzyGnu
Caveat Lector
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:31:23 PM EST
I haven't heard anything about any significant changes for the Taco. Tundra, 4Runner, and Corolla get updates for '14. The Corolla is a huge change; the others are generally cosmetic. The '14 Tundras are inbound now. I should be able to get behind the wheel of the new Toyotas in the next week I'm sure. ;)

I was behind the wheel of 8 Tacos, 4 Tundras, a Rav 4 and a Camry today, by the way.

-p.
wtturn
345 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:35:37 PM EST
Yawn

Let me know when they wise up and get a diesel Tacoma

Until then I'll drive my 04 into the ground

Call sign: Danger
highspeedforlife
Beard.
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:37:03 PM EST
Tundra vs Taco - should I do it? I
Htown156
You can not defend liberty with a stick...
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:41:15 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By wtturn:
Yawn

I'd kill for a diesel hilux
atomicferret
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:46:45 PM EST
Yes, yes, yes....

But how many Torques does it have?
hrt4me
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:48:56 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:
I haven't heard anything about any significant changes for the Taco. Tundra, 4Runner, and Corolla get updates for '14. The Corolla is a huge change; the others are generally cosmetic. The '14 Tundras are inbound now. I should be able to get behind the wheel of the new Toyotas in the next week I'm sure. ;)

I was behind the wheel of 8 Tacos, 4 Tundras, a Rav 4 and a Camry today, by the way.

-p.

where do you work?
Merrell
ARFcom's resident optimist™
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:48:56 PM EST
Did Toyota ever design a real truck frame for either?
Not a lot smarter but another year old...
graysonp
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:49:39 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By highspeedforlife:
Pure speculation is it will upsize to a half ton.
The ecoboost and pentastar will make the compact truck category obsolete,
Rumor has it they fixed the leaf spring squeak and gave it ballsy brakes and work lights.

Why would it get upsized to a 1/2 ton and compete with the Tundra? The Tacoma is one of the last midsize pickups on the market. They have nearly 100% market share now....

Gamaliel Shooting Supply
Reloading Supplies, Ammo, Guns, NFA Items and More!
www.gamaliel.com
http://www.facebook.com/GamalielShootingSupply
Use_the_2nd
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:50:55 PM EST
I've never bought new, I'm waiting for a diesel Tacoma to do so. Looks like ill be waiting a while longer
Originally Posted By nsw8148:
I would suck the dick of the last man inside her just to get a taste....

ARFCOM's master of unfinished projects
nickforney
Gundamentalist
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/8/2013 6:00:27 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Htown156:
Originally Posted By wtturn:
Yawn

I'd kill for a diesel hilux

I have an 11. I want a diesel. I want them to stop messing with diesel and I want them to build some damn cars with it.

And the supply and demand thing I am sure someone is going to spit in here is skewed because they have screwed with diesel to make it 'clean' and now somehow diesel has to cost more than gas.
1/2moa all day