Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take a look at Gillette's new razor.

It pivots, swivels and vibrates.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2014/04/18/18-gillette-flexball.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

I can't believe the stupid shit people buy.
View Quote

I'm waiting for the LED headlamp version.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I use to watch my grandfather shave with his, read this thread, and bought one.  A merkur, with platinum blades provides a great shave. Only one downside. I can't shave as fast, and when I try, I cut myself. Other than that, I really like merkur. 50$ at amazon got me soap, a brush, and the razor with 10 blades. Money well spent.  I got off cheap this time arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wrong.

For some of us, DE's are NOT better. I used one for years, lying to myself about how much better of a shave I was getting. I used a badger hair brush and a quality glycerine-based shave soap (still do) and you know what? It gave me a sub-standard shave and every few months a really nasty, painful, infected ingrown hair. Switched back to a Gillette Fusion Pro Glide and I get the best shave I've ever had, with little to no irritation, and best of all, no infected ingrown hairs.

Fuck double edge safety razors.

In fact, that reminds me, I've got two vintage Gillette adjustable DE's that need to go off to eBay...
View Quote

This. Fusion FTW.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This. Fusion FTW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.

For some of us, DE's are NOT better. I used one for years, lying to myself about how much better of a shave I was getting. I used a badger hair brush and a quality glycerine-based shave soap (still do) and you know what? It gave me a sub-standard shave and every few months a really nasty, painful, infected ingrown hair. Switched back to a Gillette Fusion Pro Glide and I get the best shave I've ever had, with little to no irritation, and best of all, no infected ingrown hairs.

In fact, that reminds me, I've got two vintage Gillette adjustable DE's that need to go off to eBay...

This. Fusion FTW.

I defected again. Turns out it was the Gillette adjustable DE's I was using. Got myself an Edwin Jagger and it's been great. And cheap.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nobody can resist.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I cut the living shit out of myself with one of those!  And can't shave as close.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I cut the living shit out of myself with one of those!  And can't shave as close.
View Quote
It's all about technique. I have only cutyself once and that's when my kid came barging in the bathroom and bumped me forcing my hand sideways. Yeah that was fun. Lol. I will admit that one pass will not get a close shave but two definitely will. I have about 300 blades and that cost me less than 25 bucks. Fusion blades would cost me much much more

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I defected again. Turns out it was the Gillette adjustable DE's I was using. Got myself an Edwin Jagger and it's been great. And cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong.

This. Fusion FTW.

i've got a couple of old gillettes and my dads old schick....yeah if all I had was dads old schick I'd use a cartridge razor too. holy hell that razor sucks....my merkur is much much better.
Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top