Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2-3.  Much better match than expected.
View Quote

Yeah, combination of Norwich trying desperately to stay out of the relegation zone and Liverpool's 2nd half complacency struggles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chelsea may be losing the title right now....

Go Sunderland

http://www.geekextreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Gif-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-Finger.gif

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a good year to be a ManUre hater.
View Quote

Two nil
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
5 points clear.
View Quote

And "11 wins on the spin"

Whatever that actually means.  

I laughed yesterday in the Chelsea game when the fans were chanting about "Who's the scouser in black" about the ref and the announcer reminded the colour commentator to explain to the American audience where "scousers" come from.  Boy, I have sure come a long way from the first post in this thread.    All the NBCSN advertising during the Tour De France last summer sure worked on me.

YNWA
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I laughed yesterday in the Chelsea game when the fans were chanting about "Who's the scouser in black" about the ref and the announcer reminded the colour commentator to explain to the American audience where "scousers" come from.  Boy, I have sure come a long way from the first post in this thread.    All the NBCSN advertising during the Tour De France last summer sure worked on me.

YNWA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 points clear.

YNWA

Eddy Eddy Eddy
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Eddy Eddy Eddy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 points clear.

YNWA

Eddy Eddy Eddy

Il Pirata

Marco, Marco, Marco

What I have started to wonder though is if I will watch the World Cup this time.  During the 1994 one in the US, I was mostly worried about the invasion of European Football Hooligans and OJ.  And based on this thread title?  Now I am one.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Il Pirata

Marco, Marco, Marco

What I have started to wonder though is if I will watch the World Cup this time.  During the 1994 one in the US, I was mostly worried about the invasion of European Football Hooligans and OJ.  And based on this thread title?  Now I am one.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 points clear.

YNWA

Eddy Eddy Eddy

Il Pirata

Marco, Marco, Marco

RIP, Marco.

Back to calcio.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Il Pirata

Marco, Marco, Marco

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 points clear.

YNWA

Eddy Eddy Eddy

Il Pirata

Marco, Marco, Marco

The World Cup is the greatest sporting event in the world.  You're darned right you're going to watch it!

As an aside, I may make it to the Liverpool game in Chicago this summer.  Pretty pumped.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't hate Moyes like I did Sir Alex, but if he's going to be a casualty of war then so be it...
View Quote

I feel pretty much the same way but watching their loss to Everton it was apparent the players just aren't putting in the effort.  Rooney was downright awful!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I feel pretty much the same way but watching their loss to Everton it was apparent the players just aren't putting in the effort.  Rooney was downright awful!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't hate Moyes like I did Sir Alex, but if he's going to be a casualty of war then so be it...

Their chance at a Champions' League spot was very slim as it was. Now it's impossible.  Why play hard to get in the Europa League?  You might not even be able to GET to Kiev in the Fall.  Most of the Europa League is in backwaters.  Playing outdoors in Tromso, Norway, in December is fun.

It's downright dishonorable for any team to mail it in this time of the season when you're playing a team with a shot at the top four or that's fighting relegation.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

...and everyone thought the big early week news would be the punishments Ramires, Faria and Mourinho got for their antics Saturday.

If/when Alan Pardew goes it will be exactly half of the BPL managers sacked during the season.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Heck, ManU will probably miss out on Europe altogether. Nuts...
View Quote

Yeah, having a real hard time feeling bad about that!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Simeone about to make Mourinho cry twice in a week ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Petr Cech just got hurt so they're stuck with Schwarzer. I'd cry after Saturday. Schwarzer did a nice job and Mourinho's defensive strategy worked. Credit where it's due.

Lampard and Mikel lost for the next match for 2nd yellows, though.

Chelsea's got a cute doctor
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Petr Cech just got hurt so they're stuck with Schwarzer. I'd cry after Saturday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Petr Cech just got hurt so they're stuck with Schwarzer. I'd cry after Saturday.

I'm hoping Suarez, Sturridge, and Sterling make Mourinho cry.

7 up with two games to play would be great.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#29]
If any Italian team had played like Chelsea tonight we couldn't be hearing ourselves over the 'catenaccio' screams coming from your island !

So maybe the Italian teams played it right during the 90's despite the critics ?  Results sure seemed to prove it...  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Since the OP called ManU the Yankees of the EPL, I 'll just say this:

George Steinbrenner has just fired Billy Martin.  

Don't I remember banners at Old Trafford calling him "The Chosen One"?

Yes I do  

Actually, a couple more years and they could really spice up the Champions Table
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes I do  

http://www.theparadigmng.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/moyes-chosen-one-2125315.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/18467/you-chose-poorly/image.png

Actually, a couple more years and they could really spice up the Champions Table
View Quote

Once again for fun!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Once again for fun!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do  

http://www.theparadigmng.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/moyes-chosen-one-2125315.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/18467/you-chose-poorly/image.png

Once again for fun!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still in it....90 mins till the final
View Quote

Terry out, Cech out.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#34]

excellent result for LFC today!!!

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ar-jedi
View Quote

Sunday will be huge

Especially since both sides will be slumming for the last two
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sunday will be huge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Sunday will be huge

well before Sunday Mourinho will have to decide what's more important, and i have a feeling he already knows what is more important.  3 big games in 8 days -- and today's 0-0 draw away is a dangerous pet; next week, a trivial deflection or a botched backpass at Stamford Bridge, it's an away goal for Atheltico, and Chelsea will be in big trouble.  i think he is going to rest the core, and play the extras.  for example, Lampard is suspended for the 2nd leg, so he is an automatic on the team sheet come Sunday.  both LFC and ManCity have EPL math on their sides, and thus Chelsea have a better chance of making the CL final than winning the EPL.  Mourinho is a sharp guy and while not "throwing" the game on Sunday, he will have his eye on the more attainable prize.

it would be a different scenario if the scoreline was 3-0, either way, today.  but at 0-0 and without an away goal, Chelsea have to all but keep a clean sheet next week because if they push forward in numbers they will get pried apart by Athletico.  just ask Barcelona...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Both games got a lot tougher for Chelsea.

No Cech or Terry for the rest of the season and if Mourinho rests more starters, Schwarzer will have a lot less help in front of him than he did today to stop Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling on Sunday.  Ramires will likely be suspended by the weekend, too. (Does that also apply to CL or just BPL?)

Mikel and Lampard will also miss the return CL leg due to accumulated cards.

It will be "special" if they win one match let alone both.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Chech and Terry being out hurts.  With them, I would have said Liverpool's style of play favors CFC and if they could hold off Liverpool for the first 30 minutes, Chelsea would win.  Now it depends on Luiz not having a brain cramp.

Hopefully Eto'o and Hazard are healthy for Wednesday.

If Ramires is suspended, it'll only be for EPL.  Seeing as how the linesman that waved off the Terry goal for an imaginary foul by Matic, and didn't wave for a Chelsea penalty (that would have included a red card for denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity) for the NFL hit Ramires took right before he lashed out, and waved for a penalty to Jozy for a dive was a former Liverpool player, hopefully the FA doesn't pursue it like they didn't pursue Aguero's two footed stomp on Luiz.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:02:06 AM EDT
[#42]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-liverpool-abramovich

José Mourinho is threatening to rest virtually his entire Chelsea team and potentially hand Liverpool the Premier League title after revealing he will seek permission from Roman Abramovich to pick a deliberately weakened side in protest at being made to play the game on Sunday.

Mourinho's plan is likely to infuriate the Premier League and also has serious ramifications for Manchester City, who are relying on Chelsea to beat Liverpool and throw the title race back open.
View Quote

this is how you make a deal in the EPL.  

i can already tell you the scoreline on sunday, LFC 2 : CFC 0.

mourinho has just offered rodgers and gerrard 3 points in exchange for a polite scoreline and no one hurt.  
ergo, LFC wins, CFC wins.  

mourinho looks at it as "split points", as CFC won at home and LFC won at home.  
CFC can concentrate on the Wed match, and LFC get what they probably had coming anyway.

this would be tough for Chelsea to pull off in front of their own fans, but at Anfield no one will care that the result was decided days before in favor of LFC.

Suarez will get a goal or two (attaining the 30+ moniker of "the new God"?) and LFC will shut their operation down by halftime and let Chelsea leave with a dignified scoreline.

i like this plan.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/jose-mourinho-chelsea-liverpool-abramovich

mourinho has just offered rodgers and gerrard 3 points in exchange for a polite scoreline and no one hurt.  

CFC can concentrate on the Wed match, and LFC get what they probably had coming anyway.

this would be tough for Chelsea to pull off in front of their own fans, but at Anfield no one will care that the result was decided days before in favor of LFC.

Suarez will get a goal or two (attaining the 30+ moniker of "the new God"?) and LFC will shut their operation down by halftime and let Chelsea leave with a dignified scoreline.

i like this plan.

ar-jedi

View All Quotes
Quoted:

José Mourinho is threatening to rest virtually his entire Chelsea team and potentially hand Liverpool the Premier League title after revealing he will seek permission from Roman Abramovich to pick a deliberately weakened side in protest at being made to play the game on Sunday.

Mourinho's plan is likely to infuriate the Premier League and also has serious ramifications for Manchester City, who are relying on Chelsea to beat Liverpool and throw the title race back open.

i like this plan.

ar-jedi

Or Mourinho is trying to get LFC to take the game lightly and get stung in the process.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#46]
"Anyone who thinks Maurinho is throwing the game on Sunday is a fool."

Exactly.  Even if he were trying to, the players have pride too.  It's not like Chelsea's second string sucks or anything!  My biggest fear for this game is that LFC becomes complacent and buy in to Mourinho's head games.  Foot on the gas, boys!  YNWA!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You'll Never Win Again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YNWA!

You'll Never Win Again?

Touche'
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top