Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn glad I missed buying from these guys .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Just emailed them and said ship my mags or refund me.. Tired of their shenanigans..
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, good luck w/that- I've been hounding these guys since 07-17!

Take a look at their failure to respond to 22 cases (mine will likely make 23) and their "F" rating @ the BBB site: http://www.bbb.org/northernindiana/business-reviews/ammunition/hg-hunting-and-tactical-in-fort-wayne-in-90088271
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pleased to say that I finally received a full refund. I don't know if reporting them to the Northern Indiana BBB had anything to do w/it, but after reporting it to them I received an email from HG saying the order had been cancelled per my request, then I got another email from the BBB saying HG had refunded the money and to be on the lookout for it. The refund was credited to my account the next day.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess I should have done my due diligence. :/
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Tried getting in touch with them several times, with no return communication.
Dispute filed with my CC company today.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, I ordered 3 30 round M3 repair kits and 2 40 round repair kits. The M3's shipped out after 12 days and took 5 to get here. They showed up just fine. The 40 rounders have been no where to be found for 40 days, so I decided to call them. The response was actually somewhat helpful. As it states i the email they ship out according to when the order was placed, and so the "in stock" is simply saying that they have some and they're shipping them out. This doesn't, however, accurately show the amount of orders, which the person who I talked to seemed to believe was far more than they had in stock. He basically said that we will for sure get our orders, it's just a matter of how long it takes to get enough 40 rounders for them to ship out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey guys, I ordered 3 30 round M3 repair kits and 2 40 round repair kits. The M3's shipped out after 12 days and took 5 to get here. They showed up just fine. The 40 rounders have been no where to be found for 40 days, so I decided to call them. The response was actually somewhat helpful. As it states i the email they ship out according to when the order was placed, and so the "in stock" is simply saying that they have some and they're shipping them out. This doesn't, however, accurately show the amount of orders, which the person who I talked to seemed to believe was far more than they had in stock. He basically said that we will for sure get our orders, it's just a matter of how long it takes to get enough 40 rounders for them to ship out.
View Quote

It would have been helpful if that information would have been conveyed to me after any of my attempts to contact them.
However, if they claim that they always have 40 rounders in stock when no one else seems to be able to keep them on hand more than a few days, they're either full of shit, or have the capacity to ship one order / day. It seems _highly_ unlikely that they've had 40 rounders in stock for the full four weeks since I placed my order, like their web site states.

Anyway, the day after I filed my dispute they issued a full refund. Still not a peep from them though, but I have my money back so I'm moving on.

ETA: My mistake, the refund on my card was from the CC company, not from HG
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately the fun didnt end there.
Friday, one of the mags I ordered showed up by itself.

I guess this means that they're still in business, which is good.
It also proves that they're full of shit and arent just behind because of large volumes, since it wouldnt make any sense at all to ship parts of an order when they finally got to me in their enormous backlog.

So they, it seems like the claim on the website that they have everything in stock is fraudulent.
I'm also guessing that the "delays due to heavy volumes" are crap. Unless they're used to shipping one order / week and an influx of one order / day completely screwed them up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#10]
They are a bunch of cockgobbling thieves.  That is all I have to say about them. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Ordered on the 16th of November and didnt see this until the other day. Ive since initiated a chargeback since they have not contacted me regarding my order or returned my emails.

11/16 Order placed for 2 40 round pmag rebuilds and received the scripted email saying what i ordered is in stock and takes 7-10 business days to ship.
11/18 Charge posts to my account
12/2 last email from me sent
12/6 chargeback initiated, BBB contacted.

will never buy again
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Notifying them that the items I ordered would be illegal to ship to California after 1/1/2014 finally yielded a response from them.
They sent me a link to USPS tracking of the package and stated that the order was shipped in full.
Interestingly enough I still have the padded envelope in my possession and it would be physically impossible to fit my entire order in that envelope, which I told them.

Nothing heard back after that.

Filed a complaint with the Indiana BBB as well.

Unless they fess up and refund my money, I'll probably also file a fraud complaint with their local PD.

(the CC company gave me a temporary refund during their investigation and I doubt I'll get any grief from them, but anything but a refund frmo HG will result in a complaint with their local PD)

The saga continues....

ETA: I guess this would be the place to file a complaint:Indiana AG
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Surprise!

You recently requested our help concerning a problem with the company named above.
The company has not responded to BBB to date. If you have heard from the company please contact BBB at [email protected].
We have sent a follow up letter to the company insisting on a review of this complaint. We have also requested that we receive their position on the situation within 10 days.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
yo, im new to this forum btw. i finally decided to join after going through my own issues with this company.

i have to say nice job with the bbb im about to go that route the same and i hope the bbb makes em hurt. iv been waiting since the 12/12/13 with no response after countless phone calls and emails. i 2 received a tracking number but thats it. i am from CA so decided to wait untill after the new year to begin filing some sort of claim, since this was such a busy time for CA rebuild kit sales. But no luck my patients did not pay off. now it is the new year and would be a felony for hg hunting and tactical to ship those rebuild kits.

the funny thing is a friend of mine ordered some AR 30's and received them. me on the other hand ordered 40's along with many other mag types and got nothing. it wasn't until later in the month of December like around the 20th did actually post that 40's were out of stock.
i sent emails and made phone calls asking them to please remove anything on my order that was out of stock so could at least get something before the end of the year.... i got nothing

anyways i will update with any new developments and look forward to yours. good luck
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yo, im new to this forum btw. i finally decided to join after going through my own issues with this company.
i have to say nice job with the bbb im about to go that route the same and i hope the bbb makes em hurt. iv been waiting since the 12/12/13 with no response after countless phone calls and emails. i 2 received a tracking number but thats it. i am from CA so decided to wait untill after the new year to begin filing some sort of claim, since this was such a busy time for CA rebuild kit sales. But no luck my patients did not pay off. now it is the new year and would be a felony for hg hunting and tactical to ship those rebuild kits.
the funny thing is a friend of mine ordered some AR 30's and received them. me on the other hand ordered 40's along with many other mag types and got nothing. it wasn't until later in the month of December like around the 20th did actually post that 40's were out of stock.
i sent emails and made phone calls asking them to please remove anything on my order that was out of stock so could at least get something before the end of the year.... i got nothing
anyways i will update with any new developments and look forward to yours. good luck
View Quote

They dont give a shit about BBB unfortunately, as it looks, they didnt even bother responding to them.

Havent heard anything more from my credit card company, but I doubt I'll have any issues there.
Filing a dispute with your credit card company is going to hurt them the most, since you're likely to get your money back and HG will be hit with chargeback fees from the credit card company (i addition to the revoked transaction)

If I can find the time later this week, I'll file a complaint with the Indiana AG at the link above. Like with the BBB, it probably wont do anything unless I take them to small claims court, which I'm unlikely to do since they're a tad too far away. And if I get the money back from the CC company, I cant really justify spending a whole lot of time on this
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered 5 different types of mag rebuild kits from them.   Out of the 5, a drum mag kit arrived with a missing part.   They don't respond to email, or answer their phone, or call back.   I should have read this forum before buying from them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#17]
This company is a complete fraud. I think anyone who claims to have received their order either got very lucky, or is part of the scam. I am a victim currently in the process of dispute with my CC company.   Worst part of this scam is the amount of CA residents who counted on this "company" to provide rebuild kits before the deadline who now have no options.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
The BBB never heard back from HG and recommended me to file a complaint with the Indiana AG, which I'll do later this week.

The CC company gives a company two billing periods to reply to the chargeback and since I havent heard anything at all, they should be running out of time for that as well.

ETA; Had a letter from my CC company waiting for me today
"We're pleased to let you know that your billing dispute involving the credit card transaction shown below has been resolved. The temporary credit we issued on XXX is now a permanent credit that will remain on your account"
Not that I'm too surprised, but good to see the CC company come through.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump to help the unsuspecting....
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Their website is now down.  Got my  money back from the CC company.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top