Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/22/2013 8:26:25 AM EDT
Warning to those who saved, bought into a nice neighborhood and might have high blood pressure. You may not want to read this.

HUD PUBLISHES NEW PROPOSED RULE ON AFFIRMATIVELY FURTHERING FAIR HOUSING

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) published a new proposed rule to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing (AFFH) in the Federal Register today and made available background materials and a prototype geospatial tool. AFFH refers to the 1968 Fair Housing Act’s obligation for state and local governments to improve and achieve more meaningful outcomes from fair housing policies, so that every American has the right to fair housing, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status.

“This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of – where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan. “For the first time ever, HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class. Long-term solutions will involve various strategies, such as helping people gain access to different neighborhoods and channeling investments into underserved areas. ”

The proposed rule was drafted in response to a 2010 GAO report and numerous requests from stakeholders, advocates, and HUD program participants seeking clear guidance and technical assistance. The proposed rule refines existing requirements so the individuals, organizations, and state and local governments implementing HUD programs better understand their requirements under the Fair Housing Act and have the tools they need to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing, ensuring that every American has the opportunity to live in the community of their choice without facing discrimination.
View Quote

http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2013/07/19/hud-proposes-new-rule-for-fair-housing-act/

Funny, I thought the way to live in the community of your choice was to work your ass off, save, and buy a house you can afford. And no, they won't be satisfied till every non-diverse low-crime neighborhood is a Section 8 failure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I will happily volunteer to be the token [racial slur removed] in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty fucking vague and I'm not sure if they are talking about guaranteeing mortgages again, subsidized housing, or what

Speed
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, we all know that if you take lower class people and put them next to middle class people then they just learn how to be middle class through osmosis.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's pretty fucking vague and I'm not sure if they are talking about guaranteeing mortgages again, subsidized housing, or what

Speed
View Quote

There's more on HUD's site. They're gushing about a new geospatial tool they have that can identify target neighborhoods that aren't diverse enough.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Speed
View Quote

I think I'm gonna go blackface and try to refi my 8.25 percent mortgage
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There's more on HUD's site. They're gushing about a new geospatial tool they have that can identify target neighborhoods that aren't diverse enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Ya, I got that...but what exactly do they do when they identify one of these neighborhoods?

AFAIK, home sellers have to enroll in the HUD program, and owners of rentals have to enroll in Section 8.

Are they planning on backing more subprime loans again to "diversify" neighborhoods or something

Speed

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Fucking commies
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I would imagine they want to force people to rent or sell to the preferred race now
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Once again they're infecting nice neighborhoods with vermin/FSA democrats to get the gainfully employed/conservatives to move further from tbe cities.  This is why democrats have a stranglehold on the large cities.  This is how they turn red states into blue by hijacking the major population centers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
There's a solution for this.

Don't toss the next census in the trash.

Give them the data they want.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ya, I got that...but what exactly do they do when they identify one of these neighborhoods?
AFAIK, home sellers have to enroll in the HUD program, and owners of rentals have to enroll in Section 8.

Are they planning on backing more subprime loans again to "diversify" neighborhoods or something

Speed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

Speed

Well, here's a quote from Shaun Donovan, HUD secretary. The program will apparently "expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods and draw attention to investment possibilities in under-served communities"

"Expanding access to high opportunity neighborhoods", given HUD's meddling of recent years, sounds rather bad for those who live in said neighborhoods. The traditional way to access those neighborhoods is to be able to afford it. They don't like that, of course. And they forced a lot of states, including this one, to "build affordable housing" in every town, which for some meant projects, for others (high end bedroom communities) meant townhouses below market rate that became the town ghetto and focus of almost all crime.

So, probably all of the above. Forced section 8 in more areas, subprime loans, forced "affordable housing" in areas they identify. They were going to build "low income" apartments in a town I used to live in due to HUD pressure...till I notified the parent company and residents of the $300k condos across the street, who lawyered up and fought if off. They're inexorable, like the tide.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#14]
It is easy to tell a HUD owned house or a section 8 house when you drive through a neighborhood. People live where the live because they want to live there.  How about starting a program to desegregate Black churches?  You know an affirmative action plan to attract non blacks based on a quota system.  

btw: I am not saying only blacks live in HUD housing  The Black church apology was used because Black churches are the most segregated of all social gatherings in the nation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Just asking but doesn't forcing people to accept something make them resentful?
At least that is what I was taught.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#16]
They can provide the access to all the data they want. Hell the property appraiser already has everything you need.

The price is what keeps nice neighborhoods nice.

OP is sensationalist BS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#17]

My neighbors on either side of me are black.  They're swell.  Don't need any HUD here.

Well, I take that back.  The neighbors on the right are an interracial couple.  

Suck on that Stormfront.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, here's a quote from Shaun Donovan, HUD secretary. The program will apparently "expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods and draw attention to investment possibilities in under-served communities"

"Expanding access to high opportunity neighborhoods", given HUD's meddling of recent years, sounds rather bad for those who live in said neighborhoods. The traditional way to access those neighborhoods is to be able to afford it. They don't like that, of course. And they forced a lot of states, including this one, to "build affordable housing" in every town, which for some meant projects, for others (high end bedroom communities) meant townhouses below market rate that became the town ghetto and focus of almost all crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Speed

Hmm...

...well, they do that here. They build condos, the contractors get paid WAAAY too much and presumably won the bids via connections and kickbacks, then they sell the condos to low income families for 1/4 the construction costs.

You just end up w/ a block or 2 of nice looking condos that turn into a crummy enclave inside a nice neighborhood

Speed

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#19]
There are a few Philly suburbs that were integrated by federal ruling in the 1970s

The cave people moved in, the normal people moved out, the places are diseased crime ridden shitholes now.

There are FSA types living in dilapidated houses with hardwood floors and 9' foot ceilings in formerly upscale suburbs

country clubs full of gang signs and heroin needles

DON'T YA JUST LOVE THEM LIBERALS?

WHY NOT TRY THE SAME DOOMED-TO-FAILURE POLICIES 10,000 TIMES IN A ROW AND EXPECT SOMETHING DIFFERENT EACH TIME?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I've seen citified jackholes try to take root in my area before.  It's amusing once you quit feeling bad for 'em.

"When you gonna blow the snow off my driveway man?"

"After the bank forecloses on you, and I buy your property for pennies on the dollar.  Have a nice day."
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#21]
How about people that want that get off their butts and earn it!

These Lib scum either just can't see the damage they do to all involved by handing stuff to people instead of them working for it, or they do and don't give a rats ass as long as they get their vote which is pure cold blooded evil of them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They can provide the access to all the data they want. Hell the property appraiser already has everything you need.

View Quote

.gov will take care of that minor detail for Ladasha and Trey'Vaughn
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice neighborhood not "diverse" enough? HUD is going to "fix" that for you.
View Quote

The "Nice" part you mean?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

Hopefully they fill up the liberal neighborhoods with the less desirableness. Maybe that will wake up a few dumbasses.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

OP is sensationalist BS.
View Quote

Sensationalist?

Further detail on the example I just mentioned.

Empty field next to luxury rentals and across the street from $300k condos. Due to HUD pressure and a collaboration with a Neighborworks group run by an avowed leftist, the property was going to be rezoned in a way that it could be low-income apartments, actually breaking the zoning restrictions that were in place when the condo owners bought in, which specified low housing density and/or only low-rise office construction. The Neighborworks guy was on record as saying that Manchester had too much low-income and they needed to "spread the burden around"...to Bedford, the neighboring high-income community, to be FAIR. Yes, he used that word. And that people needed "access", because it wasn't fair to make them drive two miles from Manchester to whatever job.

They were going to build it. High density, including Section 8 for over 50% of the apartments. It only didn't happen because the company that maintained the condos and the owners of said condos were told, and hit the town and the rest with lawyers. Otherwise, there would have been a ghetto across the street.

They were successful out in Derry. Fairways. Nice wooden townhome-y things with a country club. Now it's a Section 8 hellhole.

So. Sensationalist? This happens ALL THE TIME.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not sure how they plan to accomplish this.  Say a neighborhood has a minimum entry point of 365,000 for housing and 5 - 20,000 ish cash yearly for CC membership, is gubament paying this?

Reads, were going to fuckup middle class neighborhoods more now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Until the government starts a food delivery service they'll have a hard time getting the FSA to move out where I live.  They'd actually have to make an effort and do some sort of work like travel for their free groceries.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#28]
This is what happens when you fill out a census report or a racial info when registering your kids for school.

That is why I refuse to list any racial info.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#29]
HUD ruined my old west-side neighborhood in Cincinnati.  They bought up some nice houses, injected the FSA, and  they wrecked the area.  I got the family out just in time.  This was about diluting the strength of a formerly conservative area.  It seems that they want to replicate their success.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#30]
There goes the neighborhood.

They are in the process of building an apartment complex a block away from my 'hood. The civic league fought it tooth and nail but in the end the developer won (by the use of kickbacks in sure). The developer promised them to be luxury middle class apartments. You should have seen the panic when they put a HUD sign in the ground. We still have out fingers crossed, and luckily the civic league did win the concession of the apt complex having no road access cut into the last street over in our 'hood.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sensationalist?

Empty field next to luxury rentals and across the street from $300k condos. Due to HUD pressure and a collaboration with a Neighborworks group run by an avowed leftist, the property was going to be rezoned in a way that it could be low-income apartments, actually breaking the zoning restrictions that were in place when the condo owners bought in, which specified low housing density and/or only low-rise office construction. The Neighborworks guy was on record as saying that Manchester had too much low-income and they needed to "spread the burden around"...to Bedford, the neighboring high-income community, to be FAIR. Yes, he used that word. And that people needed "access", because it wasn't fair to make them drive two miles from Manchester to whatever job.

They were going to build it. High density, including Section 8 for over 50% of the apartments. It only didn't happen because the company that maintained the condos and the owners of said condos were told, and hit the town and the rest with lawyers. Otherwise, there would have been a ghetto across the street.

They were successful out in Derry. Fairways. Nice wooden townhome-y things with a country club. Now it's a Section 8 hellhole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is sensationalist BS.

Sensationalist?

No shit.

HUD's new (and probably stupid expensive) data-sharing tool isn't going to change that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I live in a very nice neighborhood, and I don't see how this will change anything.

We have black neighbors. Blacks own about 15% of the homes in our neighborhood. We also have Asians. And a couple of Hispanics. And a few people of mixed racial background. Heck, we even have an Arab. The one thing we all have in common is we had to earn or inherit enough funds to buy in this neighborhood, so race doesn't matter. Among the minorities, we have a retired NFL player, a musician, pharmacist, retired military, construction company owner, roofing company owner, politician, engineers, and several doctors and attorneys. I'd say we have diversity covered. HUD can go elsewhere to try to force the issue, we handled it just fine with the free market.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There are a few Philly suburbs that were integrated by federal ruling in the 1970s

The cave people moved in, the normal people moved out, the places are diseased crime ridden shitholes now.

There are FSA types living in dilapidated houses with hardwood floors and 9' foot ceilings in formerly upscale suburbs

country clubs full of gang signs and heroin needles

DON'T YA JUST LOVE THEM LIBERALS?

WHY NOT TRY THE SAME DOOMED-TO-FAILURE POLICIES 10,000 TIMES IN A ROW AND EXPECT SOMETHING DIFFERENT EACH TIME?
View Quote

They know exactly what they are doing.  Itentionally causing white flight to expand democrat strongholds

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Things like this will push otherwise normal people over the edge and the end result will be worse than the perceived racism they claim to be preventing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Speed
View Quote
Whatever the specifics, it's a government program, so it's a safe bet that it'll be a disaster.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Warning to those who saved, bought into a nice neighborhood and might have high blood pressure. You may not want to read this.

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) published a new proposed rule to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing (AFFH) in the Federal Register today and made available background materials and a prototype geospatial tool. AFFH refers to the 1968 Fair Housing Act’s obligation for state and local governments to improve and achieve more meaningful outcomes from fair housing policies, so that every American has the right to fair housing, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status.

“This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of – where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan. “For the first time ever, HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class. Long-term solutions will involve various strategies, such as helping people gain access to different neighborhoods and channeling investments into underserved areas. ”

The proposed rule was drafted in response to a 2010 GAO report and numerous requests from stakeholders, advocates, and HUD program participants seeking clear guidance and technical assistance. The proposed rule refines existing requirements so the individuals, organizations, and state and local governments implementing HUD programs better understand their requirements under the Fair Housing Act and have the tools they need to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing, ensuring that every American has the opportunity to live in the community of their choice without facing discrimination.
View Quote

http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2013/07/19/hud-proposes-new-rule-for-fair-housing-act/

Funny, I thought the way to live in the community of your choice was to work your ass off, save, and buy a house you can afford. And no, they won't be satisfied till every non-diverse low-crime neighborhood is a Section 8 failure.
View Quote

wow... so there is it in red..  the admission of it..  that non-producer vs producer is now to be drawn in terms of race..  that is the racism of all of this.  "equal access" to neighborhoods ALREADY exists.. everyone has the same right to pay $500,000 to live here.  anyone who cant needs to become a PRODUCER and then they can.. simple ..
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
HUD ruined my old west-side neighborhood in Cincinnati.  They bought up some nice houses, injected the FSA, and  they wrecked the area.  I got the family out just in time.  This was about diluting the strength of a formerly conservative area.  It seems that they want to replicate their success.
View Quote

HUD is a virus they use to infect and kill non democrat neighborhoods.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Fucking commies
View Quote

First thing I thought of - Dr. Zhivago.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There's a solution for this.

Don't toss the next census in the trash.

Give them the data they want.
View Quote
Fuck it, last time I just gave them headcount in the house.  My sister recently did the 23andMe genome testing thing, I'm going to give it a go.  If even the tiniest percentage shows up as some minority, I'll start claiming it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#40]
White Americans are under constant attack by their own government.  Can any white person really fail to understand this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

wow... so there is it in red..  the admission of it..  that non-producer vs producer is now to be drawn in terms of race..  that is the racism of all of this.  "equal access" to neighborhoods ALREADY exists.. everyone has the same right to pay $500,000 to live here.  anyone who cant needs to become a PRODUCER and then they can.. simple ..
View Quote

That's how it used to work, that's how it should work.

One of the most heartbreaking things to see is people who bought into or built their dream house after a lifetime of hard work, figured they'd spend the rest of their life in that house, and then Section 8 gets plopped nearby, crime skyrockets, and their property value plummets.
The feeling that "nowhere is safe" from government meddling screwing it all up and destroying your dream you worked for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why work, just find a minority in your bloodline......get half million dollar house for free and don't have to pay taxes on it...........why fucking work?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I appraised a HUD foreclosure the other day where the buyer was getting a 50% discount for being a teacher  I'm all for teachers, but HUD operates with taxpayer's money.  If they have to foreclose on a property, they should be trying to recoup as much taxpayer money as possible.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#45]
"They" fixed the small (39000), blue collar city I grew up in. It has become a Section 8 hell hole in the last 20 years. Shootings every other night. Burglaries, drugs, gangs, home invasions, muggings. Everyday, the newspaper has a page full of shit that has happened. Downtown a boarded up ghetto. Businesses gone. Jobs gone.

One small "bad" neighborhood has become an entire bad city. Maryland gathered up as much of the trash and filth in Baltimore as they could and sent it up the road to our town. I left. I don't recognize it anymore.

Fucking government is destroying the country.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

One of the most heartbreaking things to see is people who bought into or built their dream house after a lifetime of hard work, figured they'd spend the rest of their life in that house, and then Section 8 gets plopped nearby, crime skyrockets, and their property value plummets.

The feeling that "nowhere is safe" from government meddling screwing it all up and destroying your dream you worked for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And THAT is exactly I'm saving for land in the country.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty soon there will be nowhere to run.  Ask the farmers in Rhodesia or S. Africa how well that worked out for them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone is free to live in my neighborhood. Just pay up!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Unless the .gov is going to relocate people at gunpoint there is no way in hell this will work. And if they try that its fucking FO time anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#50]
What could possibly go wrong?  I mean its not like this exact thing created sub-prime mortgages last time around.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top