Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 4/12/2001 9:45:21 AM EDT
I may have to move to DE. My wife owns a home there and my job may entail a move there. Are there any surprises awaiting me as far as gun control??? Thanks in Advance [grenade] BM XM15 E2S V Match Carbine Rifle 2-HK USP45 - SS 1-HK USP45c - SS 1-Sig Sauer P-230 - SS
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:04:26 AM EDT
Nothing as far as restrictions on statutorily defined 'assault rifles' or hi-cap mags. DE is a non-NFA state so you cannot possess NFA weapons there. Concealed carry is possible for residents only, but its difficult. If you're a LEO working for the state police or a municipal dept., its much easier. If you're in New Castle County, there's a decent county owned range open to the public. Its not the best facility -open air, concrete enclosed, steel backstop- but at about $4/hr, its cheap and there's almost never a crowd.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:18:52 AM EDT
Many thanks. yes, I'm a LEO, but travel allot, never thought I would be settling up north. My wife's home is in Dover, so I am not sure where that is in relation to New Castle. In the capacity I'm in Class III will not be a problem, I was mostly concerned about my AR and if they had any hand gun restrictions (like my wife to carry...). Thanks Again[sniper]
Originally Posted By shaggy: Nothing as far as restrictions on statutorily defined 'assault rifles' or hi-cap mags. DE is a non-NFA state so you cannot possess NFA weapons there. Concealed carry is possible for residents only, but its difficult. If you're a LEO working for the state police or a municipal dept., its much easier. If you're in New Castle County, there's a decent county owned range open to the public. Its not the best facility -open air, concrete enclosed, steel backstop- but at about $4/hr, its cheap and there's almost never a crowd.
View Quote
Top Top