Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree in sentiment and I liked the decisiveness of his actions wouldn't educating and asking for a correction be the first option?

Those guys at the store didn't know what to do. Crazzy ass cracka with a big ol' knife and yelling in a foreign language.

How 'bout learning the rules of the land first!

It's illegal?  Maybe he should call the cops and have them fine/arrest the violator.  Oh, there's no penalty for violating that particular law?  Shit, you better take the law into your own hands and... uh.. well.. the law says that nothing happens to the "criminal" so I guess you do nothing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone with a weapon like a knife started destroying my private property, I'd shoot him.

Sure you would. You'd also be in prison.

Ok, let's turn it around.  You're flying your American flag in front of your store, and an angry Mexican with a large knife walks up and starts cutting it down.  What are you going to do?

You could act like a pussy and hide in the shop until the bad man goes away.  And then whine about it.

You could go outside and make him stop destroying your property.  Except he has a big-ass knife.  So are you going out empty handed?  Or do you grab a weapon first?

What's going on here is one guy is exercising his First Amendment Right by flying a flag on his own private property, and another guy doesn't like it so he destroys the first guy's property.  Being white or a veteran doesn't mean you're above the law and can go around destroying others property.  And if you think that, then you're a bigot.  Like it or not, that guy flying the Mexican flag and you flying your American flag have the exact same rights and have to follow the exact same laws.  That's right - you are no better than him.  That's the basis - the very core - of our society that we are all equal and are all subject to the same laws.  Even the guy flying the Mexican flag.

You know that feeling you have right now where you think the guy in the video is justified in doing even though it's against the law?   Congratulations, you have just stooped to the level of all the Trayvon Martin protestors.

If I saw someone destroying my property like that, and he had a dangerous weapon that could easily kill me like that large knife, I'd grab a gun and go out to make him stop.  It doesn't matter one bit if he is white, Mexican, black, asian, whatever.  He's a criminal with a weapon.  And it would end in one of two ways - 1. he would drop the knife immediately, and lay down on the ground to wait for the police.  2. he would get shot, drop the knife, and fall down onto the ground until the police got there.

I am seriously disappointed in the sheer number of ARFcomers who think what the guy in the video did was ok.  I never would have guessed so many bigots were members here.

Let me try this again...........LEARN THE FUCKING LAWS OF THE LAND and this won't happen.

Maybe you should take your own advice and learn the laws.

Theft and destruction of property are illegal and punishable.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
in.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

In America, it is disrespectful, but not illegal to fly your country's flag over our own.

In America, it is illegal and disrespectful to destroy/steal someone's property because you disagree with what they are doing.

In my mind, you are a crazy person to go about and just cut down that flag while ranting like a nut bag. I wonder how many sections of the flag code were broken by crazy man that day.

Old footage, who cares anyways. I try not to worry about things not in my control. Life is sooo much better that way.

It is in fact federally illegal to display any other flag above the US flag while inside the borders of the US.  

United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag

[...]

§7. Position and manner of display

[...]

c. ... No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any
other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of
superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United
States at any place within the United States or any Territory or
possession thereof...

The shop owner is breaking federal law, also,? if you like home so much better, go home.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
In America, it is disrespectful, but not illegal to fly your country's flag over our own.

In America, it is illegal and disrespectful to destroy/steal someone's property because you disagree with what they are doing.

In my mind, you are a crazy person to go about and just cut down that flag while ranting like a nut bag. I wonder how many sections of the flag code were broken by crazy man that day.

Old footage, who cares anyways. I try not to worry about things not in my control. Life is sooo much better that way.

It is in fact federally illegal to display any other flag above the US flag while inside the borders of the US.  

United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag

[...]

§7. Position and manner of display

[...]

c. ... No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof...

The shop owner is breaking federal law, also,? if you like home so much better, go home.

If the owner is breaking Federal law, let the Feds enforce it.  You have no right to break another, theft and destruction of property, in order to correct his violation.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
well

this thread is about as fucked up as one can get

later guys
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

*snip*

If the owner is breaking Federal law, let the Feds enforce it.  You have no right to break another, theft and destruction of property, in order to correct his violation.

You're right, I would have probably just switched them, even though displaying two national flags on the same halyard breaks the flag code too.  However, I don't see the veteran getting into trouble over this any time soon, whereas I would see the shop owner getting a decent ration of shit from potential customers.  But then again, that's just my opinion.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
*snip*

You're right, I would have probably just switched them, even though displaying two national flags on the same halyard breaks the flag code too.  However, I don't see the veteran getting into trouble over this any time soon, whereas I would see the shop owner getting a decent ration of shit from potential customers.  But then again, that's just my opinion.

Considering the customers would have seen the flags as they were, I doubt any of them cared.  This story is ooooold, by the way.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see the OP is on top od things.

breaking news,    Zimmerman found not guilty
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm so confused.  I thought we hated thieves.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]

A guy with a knife cutting down my flag is just the same as a guy with a knife slashing the tires on my car.  And I will treat them both the same - like a criminal holding a deadly weapon.

It's shocking to see how many people applaud this criminal's actions and support his efforts to deprive someone else of their 1st Amendment Rights just because they don't like the message.  Ironic because unpopular speech is exactly what the First Amendment protects.  Too bad that lesson has been lost on so many here.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A guy with a knife cutting down my flag is just the same as a guy with a knife slashing the tires on my car.  And I will treat them both the same - like a criminal holding a deadly weapon.

It's shocking to see how many people applaud this criminal's actions and support his efforts to deprive someone else of their 1st Amendment Rights just because they don't like the message.  Ironic because unpopular speech is exactly what the First Amendment protects.  Too bad that lesson has been lost on so many here.

You would shoot someone slashing your tires?

That would be a bad shoot.

Would you shoot someone if they came into your yard with a chainsaw and cut down one of your trees?
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You would shoot someone slashing your tires?  

That would be a bad shoot.

Would you shoot someone if they came into your yard with a chainsaw and cut down one of your trees?

You really need to learn how to read.  I would go out and make him stop and also make him lay on the ground and wait while the police arrived.  If he resisted and threatened me with the knife, I'd shoot.

I don't play the "what if" game with retards, so I hope that answers your question.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
That happened years ago and was discussed in GD.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top