[#4]

Thanks, I ordered a few of them just to keep in night stand drawers
and such.

For $3.90 each they seem like good little lights to have for
backup.

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've gotten about 10 of these from HK.

Good little lights to stick around the house, and in cars.

Bright, good life and cheaper than hell
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I always love the Chinese translational goofs in the descriptions...

"Working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent."

I have to wonder if they get subsidies to be able to deliver so cheaply.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
i have a similar light been rock solid for less than $3 cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I got 2 of them and they are great for the money.  Only downside is that they gat damn hot after being on for 5 or 6 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#9]
OP doesn't know DealExtreme.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#10]
The focus is cheap as hell, but what do you expect for the price.  

Going on 2 months use and I havent killed it yet.  Great for around the house, but I wouldnt depend on it exploring caves.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I always love the Chinese translational goofs in the descriptions...

"Working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent."

I have to wonder if they get subsidies to be able to deliver so cheaply.

they will use the reg 1.5 v AA or the rechargeable 3.6ish volt whatever the hell its called batt (same size as AA)
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys. I got some to try out for vehicles and drawers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't understand the excitement over these pissy little lights. Yes, I have one - finally got it just to see what all the fuss was about. It's a really mediocre light, showing the shape of the die at full zoom and rings and rings of light at wide. In between it's just meh. It's a Chinese knockoff of the Sipik original, and frankly the Sipik isn't anything to write home about either.

I guess if you just want a small emergency light to throw in your car's console it's okay, but I wouldn't want to count on it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#14]

If it keeps me from stubbing my toe when the power goes out
its worth $3.90

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple.   (Not that brand, but identical).   Zoom to the end (for the narrow beam) and you get a square beam..(from the square emitter).

Buy some Lithium AA (Energizer Ultimate, etc.) batteries and leave them in your car glove box without worrying about leakage.    

Not bad for the money, and durable enough.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not a surefire

or course not, if it was, it would be marked $87.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]
How much do they normally go for?
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
not a surefire

No, not for $3.90

That would be $390.00....for outdated tech..... and lots of CDI points.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered three of them last time this was posted. It took a long time to get them, but they are great little lights to keep around in various places. The zoom in and out is neat. if you zoom it to a fine beam the cat will chase it like a laser. The wide is a perfect circle of clean white light.
Bright and uses AA. Great little around the house lights.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I ordered three of them last time this was posted. It took a long time to get them, but they are great little lights to keep around in various places. The zoom in and out is neat. if you zoom it to a fine beam the cat will chase it like a laser. The wide is a perfect circle of clean white light.
Bright and uses AA. Great little around the house lights.

My kids are at summer camp this week. They go on "missions" at night all the time- mostly involving the girls dorms...... Does anyone here seriously think I handed them $500 worth of flashlights and said- "Go lose these or have them stolen, have a great time...."........
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Review number 2 says they are junk.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I have purchased a few of these as "Emergency Gifts".

My sons just love to tell me "Hey dad!  Will you bring me to my friend's b-day party?  It starts in 30 minutes!"

Reach into the cabinet and Viola!  instant present for a boy between 6 and 60.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I just received 2 for $8.40 shipped and I thought that was a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Choose a shipping speed
Standard (17-28 business days)

Errrr

Anyway.  I still had to get another.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Choose a shipping speed
Standard (17-28 business days)

Errrr

Anyway.  I still had to get another.

Depends on the currents and how long the slaves rowing the Junk hold out....
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm in for 5.  If I'm disappointed, no big deal.  I've spent more and got less before.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

OP doesn't know DealExtreme.

How much are they there?

Got a link?
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I have one, it's great, and might order more
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered two, great for keeping in the car and toolbox.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Funny folks even complain about something that costs less then 4 bux.

These lights work fine. They are much brighter then most mag lights you buy. They take 1 (yes 1 AA battery) and have a good battery life. I use mine for walking the dogs and as a spare in my hunting pack.

Are they as good as a Surefire....NO. Do they feel a bit cheapish..yes. Do they work well and are plenty bringht for most uses of a flashlight..yes.

If anyone is needing a few extra lights and are on the fence about these..go ahead and order. I have a few and they have been flawless. I use it every day(well night) and have been out thru all seasons and in rain/snow etc walking the dogs. Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Funny folks even complain about something that costs less then 4 bux.

These lights work fine. They are much brighter then most mag lights you buy. They take 1 (yes 1 AA battery) and have a good battery life. I use mine for walking the dogs and as a spare in my hunting pack.

Are they as good as a Surefire....NO. Do they feel a bit cheapish..yes. Do they work well and are plenty bringht for most uses of a flashlight..yes.

If anyone is needing a few extra lights and are on the fence about these..go ahead and order. I have a few and they have been flawless. I use it every day(well night) and have been out thru all seasons and in rain/snow etc walking the dogs. Never had a problem.

30-40 years ago people would literally have KILLED to have had one of these. Does ANYONE still remember the old metal "RayoVacs?" or the Giant Fucking 6 Volt flashlights? They would practically have been a "military secret"......How soon we become spoiled.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I have this exact flashlight. I think I paid $8 for it about a year ago and its well worth it. It may not be as bright as a surefire,but I don't know, I've never spent that kind of money on a flashlight. I do know it blows my old mag light leds out of the water. At this price,I just ordered 4 more.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm in for 5.  If I'm disappointed, no big deal.  I've spent more and got less before.

This.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Snip...
30-40 years ago people would literally have KILLED to have had one of these. Does ANYONE still remember the old metal "RayoVacs?" or the Giant Fucking 6 Volt flashlights? They would practically have been a "military secret"......How soon we become spoiled.....

I'm always amazed at how good (as you mention) even the cheap flashlights are now....40 years ago, I was a Boy Scout...and the height of technology was those RayoVacs...had to bring spare batteries just to make it through the overnight camp out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Buy it.   It slides to focus beam all the way to sharp image of led

Great buy for price and don't have to worry about loss or damage.  Edc for work.

Also take one AA
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip...

I'm always amazed at how good (as you mention) even the cheap flashlights are now....40 years ago, I was a Boy Scout...and the height of technology was those RayoVacs...had to bring spare batteries just to make it through the overnight camp out.

dim yellow light for the win...

just ordered two of these...one for me one for the wife.. as extras to the more costly ones own already
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#38]
In for 5.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't understand the excitement over these pissy little lights. Yes, I have one - finally got it just to see what all the fuss was about. It's a really mediocre light, showing the shape of the die at full zoom and rings and rings of light at wide. In between it's just meh. It's a Chinese knockoff of the Sipik original, and frankly the Sipik isn't anything to write home about either.

I guess if you just want a small emergency light to throw in your car's console it's okay, but I wouldn't want to count on it.

The Sipik is a cheap Chinese light too.

If you want some decent light out if them, use a 14500 li ion. At least twice as bright.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip...

Those 6-volt flashlights seemed to be single use. Always had to buy a new one before each camping trip because the battery was dead or the bulb was bad. I think the flashlight and battery combo pack was even cheaper than the battery alone.

I bought a Mag-lite rechargeable flashlight 27 years ago and remember how much brighter it was than any other flashlight I'd ever used. It's still going strong with only a bulb replacement and a battery replacement. That flashlight was $80 back then , and still about $80. It weighs a ton, as a matter of fact I bought it from an Oakland cop, they used them as a light and backup weapon. Over the years I've bought a few of the Home Depot special flashlights, aluminum body and LED bulbs. Never really satisfied with the light from them, but was looking for a small light for the glove box, or my wife's purse.

I bought one of the Cree flashlights about a month ago, and it has a brighter light than my Mag-lite, but it can't light up a hillside the way my Mag-lite can. But I can't hold my Mag-lite in my mouth so I can use both hands for work. I've since bought a couple more. Two of the lights have the dimmer and strobe capability, the other one doesn't. The one without strobe feels better quality and puts out a bit more light.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I usually buy about 5 at a time. I consider them give always or disposables.

Kids just love playing with them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for the lead OP.  I thought about it for a bit and read some of the reviews (I was going to buy a bunch for last minute gifts as someone suggested).  After reading the reviews, it sounds like they are hit and miss.  I'll pass for now.

There's something like 1500 reviews on Amazon and it maintains a 4.5 of of 5 average. I don't know if I would call that hit or miss. I'd say it's more like hit with a small likelihood of a miss but that can happen with anything. Look at hard drives and you hear people quite often complaining about brand new from the factory drives of all kinds of brands that are dead on arrival.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Is this the same light as the cree or just a ching-chong knockoff and they stole Cree's photos?

http://www.amazon.com/Cree-300LM-Mini-LED-Flashlight/dp/B006VPPERC/ref=sr_1_10?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1373922500&sr=8-10&keywords=14500
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh, this is the flashlight they have at gas station cash registers for $1.99

Cool.

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a half-dozen of those. Nice little lights.

ETA:

Quoted:
Oh, this is the flashlight they have at gas station cash registers for $1.99

Cool.

I've never seen a Cree light at the gas station for $1.99
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

You are right...

Heavy, the switch would always take a shit and it had a max output of about 30 lumens...

OR  

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#49]
got 2 of them the last time around, took 3 weeks to ship - it's decent for the price.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
good price. I think my best was 4.25 shipped so far

I like them. have them all around the house and in the cars I didnt expect much but I really like these cheap lights

lots of them ship from HK
only one package never arrived. but Amazon had my refund in seconds
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top