BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got to dive that, I love hanging around the cypress breaks back home

I imagine it looked like this, but bigger
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/762RUM/B4218EE7-9172-4B47-ABDC-72D1271B3E02-5781-00000A0845C37161.jpg

AR strapped to a kayak... now if that's not a tragic boating accident waiting to happen, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Full auto mouse.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
In before somebody says no way can those trees be 52,000 years old as the Earth isn't that old

Quoted:
There's no way this story is true. The Earth isn't 52,000 years old.

Minute apart.
Sarcasm.

I know, still funny.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
For some reason I read "Primeval Underwear Forest"
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

52,000 years old, part of a glacial period, water has risen 120 feet.....sounds like global warming is older than we think and not man made

No.

Climatologists know all about glaciation, and that "global warming" has nothing to do with it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Except carbon levels in the atmosphere have changed through time.

The earth could be 100,000 years old. We don't know how much carbon trees were subjected to 15,000 yeas ago, so our baseline for home much should be remaining is a good guess.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
You are all heretics!
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The caption on the picture in the article says it's an underwater ocean.

What's an underwater ocean?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics or it never happened.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The caption on the picture in the article says it's an underwater ocean.

What's an underwater ocean?

Where do you think they dump all the heavy water from the reactors?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So...

How much to put 50,000 year old hardwoods in my house.  

Probably Bill Gates did that !
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, how reliable is this carbon dating anyway?  

Depends on the samples and their context.  Usually it is very accurate.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
52,000 years old, part of a glacial period, water has risen 120 feet.....sounds like global warming is older than we think and not man made

Obviously it's global warming caused by ancient pre-historic corperations and republican dinsosaurs. If they only had the U.N. 52k years ago to inact carbon taxes those trees would not be underwater.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#15]
That's great.  I'm more interested in underwater chainsaws.  Are they hydraulic?  Must be some mean mother fuckers to make a 7' cut.  Oh, and liquid cooled too.  I want one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's great.  I'm more interested in underwater chainsaws.  Are they hydraulic?  Must be some mean mother fuckers to make a 7' cut.  Oh, and liquid cooled too.  I want one.

Don't think you'd have to worry about them being liquid cooled.  They run in hydro power.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The earth could be 100,000 years old. We don't know how much carbon trees were subjected to 15,000 yeas ago, so our baseline for home much should be remaining is a good guess.

Maybe my sarcasm meter isnt calibrate properly, but this post is a joke right?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
According to the article the forest won't last long until its devoured by sea creatures. They should harvest it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#19]
A 52,000 yo Garand stock would be awesome.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag for pictures of Site Staffs' names carved into the trunks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I was sort of expecting something that looked like this, but bluer...

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In before somebody says no way can those trees be 52,000 years old as the Earth isn't that old

If the United States is 2013 years old then the earth is definitely 52,000 years old.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Too cool
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone make an underwater chainsaw?

Quoted:

Anybody want to go logging?

Just tie a rope around them and pull them up.  Profit.

Exactly.  Use airbags and raise them.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Anyone make an underwater chainsaw?

Quoted:

Anybody want to go logging?

Stanley does, but they are little.
Pretty awesome to use, hydraulic drive, you start cutting and all the sawdust sprays out like normal for a few inches then sort of floats off.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can they raise it, dry it out, and burn it?  If for no other reason but to piss off the Greenpeace hippies.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Shits only in 60' of water, I can put together a commercial dive crew, line up some barges and have that bitch logged out quick.
So, ugh, who wants to front the cash?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe my sarcasm meter isnt calibrate properly, but this post is a joke right?

One can only hope it was.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how old the earth is, but I reckon those trees have been there about 4500 years.

On what do you base your learned reckoning, pray tell?

The flood that buried the trees.  It was about 4500 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm thinking furniture! Very expensive furniture. Well watched the vid. No "trees" just stumps. Damn loggers cut all the trees and started global warming!
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If there wasn't global warming I'd be posting from under a mile of ice.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how old the earth is, but I reckon those trees have been there about 4500 years.

On what do you base your learned reckoning, pray tell?

The flood that buried the trees.  It was about 4500 years ago.

A flood did not "bury" those trees.

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]
everytime i see this thread i read it as underwear instead of underwater I think I'll read the thread now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Put there by god to test your faith.

Annnnnnnnd go.......
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd buy some 50,000 year old knife handles and 1911 grips.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can they raise it, dry it out, and burn it?  If for no other reason but to piss off the Greenpeace hippies.  

No way, send Shelby from Ax Men.  

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=50099284

Shelby is getting his own show on The History Channel

"The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man"

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#37]
So, not to turn this into a debate (yes I am ), but if the wood will be gone within a few years because of marine life and being exposed, and the only thing that has preserved it is the fact that it was buried under sand and protected from the elements, life and oxygen.... what happened to it that it was so rapidly buried that it didn't have a chance to decompose?
I mean, they are saying themselves that it is a 52,000 y/o (the guy in the video said it was 12k y/o), and it is 60ft. down.
Well, if you look at the rate of sea level rise as it is believed by many to have taken place, 12k years ago that forest was above water, and 22k years ago it was 70' above sea level, when the most recent ice age was happening.
Additionally, they allegedly survived several cycles of being under water and then back above sea-level over the coarse of these thousands of years, all the while being protected from oxygen and decomposition. Wood that is buried under earth or sand, but above water is subject to decomposition. The only trees that people find on dry land that is preserved and not decomposed, is petrified wood, and this is not petrified wood, nor could it ever have been (two very difference things).  

Either those trees were buried over a period of thousands of years (in which case they would have decomposed long before they were preserved) and survived intact despite impossible odds and circumstances, or they were preserved in a catastrophic event that buried them near-instantaneously and they have remained buried and submerged since then.

Hmmm... something doesn't add up.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#38]
That's a heck of a find.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Who knew religion would even be mentioned in a underwater forest thread.  Oh yeah, GD.  Duh.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know why people keep repeating this, but niether of the christians in my family or the ones i know believe the earth is 7K years old.

Trolls.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:22:02 AM EDT
[#41]
It is magical how hurricane Katrina swept away the useless sediments.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, not to turn this into a debate (yes I am ), but if the wood will be gone within a few years because of marine life and being exposed, and the only thing that has preserved it is the fact that it was buried under sand and protected from the elements, life and oxygen.... what happened to it that it was so rapidly buried that it didn't have a chance to decompose?
I mean, they are saying themselves that it is a 52,000 y/o (the guy in the video said it was 12k y/o), and it is 60ft. down.
Well, if you look at the rate of sea level rise as it is believed by many to have taken place, 12k years ago that forest was above water, and 22k years ago it was 70' above sea level, when the most recent ice age was happening.
Additionally, they allegedly survived several cycles of being under water and then back above sea-level over the coarse of these thousands of years, all the while being protected from oxygen and decomposition. Wood that is buried under earth or sand, but above water is subject to decomposition. The only trees that people find on dry land that is preserved and not decomposed, is petrified wood, and this is not petrified wood, nor could it ever have been (two very difference things).  

Either those trees were buried over a period of thousands of years (in which case they would have decomposed long before they were preserved) and survived intact despite impossible odds and circumstances, or they were preserved in a catastrophic event that buried them near-instantaneously and they have remained buried and submerged since then.

Hmmm... something doesn't add up.  

The Gulf of Mexico was created by an asteroid/meteor impact. That could do it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll say it, there's nothing wrong with them finding what they found but their atheistic interpretation applied to the evidence is wrong.  It would be funny if this is rather evidence of the unpredictability of carbon dating, but not being a scientist that's for greater mind than me to consider.   The Word of God gives me a geneology back to Adam from the Christ.  God's Word is very clear and literal in Genesis about how God made everything in 6 days and it was evening and it was morning etc etc.   I'm sorry you can't fit tens of thousands and millions and billions into it.  If you don't believe in Genesis as it is written and understood literally by both Jesus who is God, and the Apostles, you have no foundation for the rest of biblical history and theology.  All of a sudden there was no fall, death came long before Adam sinned, who was Adam, where did marriage come from, why do we need a savior, why is God's description and order so wrong?  I personnaly trust the man who rose from the dead and affirmed himself to be God, and those men like Moses, king David, and Paul, over some atheist scientists who've already rejected truth.  I don't expect any atheist millions/billions of years guys to agree with what I'm saying but you Christians need to face the fact that evolution, intelligent design, big bang, multiverse, steady-state, billions of years, 52,000 year old undersea forest theories are unbridgeable contradictions and thinly veiled attacks on the trustworthyness and historicity of Scripture.   I know some of you guys were hoping for a post like this so I had to ablige you.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So Shelby found the Bogalusa log raft.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'll say it, there's nothing wrong with them finding what they found but their atheistic interpretation applied to the evidence is wrong.  It would be funny if this is rather evidence of the unpredictability of carbon dating, but not being a scientist that's for greater mind than me to consider.   The Word of God gives me a geneology back to Adam from the Christ.  God's Word is very clear and literal in Genesis about how God made everything in 6 days and it was evening and it was morning etc etc.   I'm sorry you can't fit tens of thousands and millions and billions into it.  If you don't believe in Genesis as it is written and understood literally by both Jesus who is God, and the Apostles, you have no foundation for the rest of biblical history and theology.  All of a sudden there was no fall, death came long before Adam sinned, who was Adam, where did marriage come from, why do we need a savior, why is God's description and order so wrong?  I personnaly trust the man who rose from the dead and affirmed himself to be God, and those men like Moses, king David, and Paul, over some atheist scientists who've already rejected truth.  I don't expect any atheist millions/billions of years guys to agree with what I'm saying but you Christians need to face the fact that evolution, intelligent design, big bang, multiverse, steady-state, billions of years, 52,000 year old undersea forest theories are unbridgeable contradictions and thinly veiled attacks on the trustworthyness and historicity of Scripture.   I know some of you guys were hoping for a post like this so I had to ablige you.  

And I think you're nuts.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I do not think you know what carbon dating is.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone want to go on a salvage mission?  $100 per board foot is not bad.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So...

How much to put 50,000 year old hardwoods in my house.  

They'll want to "preserve" the site and not let anyone take the stuff.  

In other words, they'll do their best to leave it there to rot.

In for Deep Sea Logging Reality TV show, as people hunt for mud covered stashes of Uber old hardwoods.

As an aside, my Dad had to shoot his first gator as  little kid when the guys rebuilding Old Ironsides were pulling ancient live oak logs out of the family wood bogs in Pensacola Apparently that shit stank very much bad when they hit it with a high speed saw blade.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know why people keep repeating this, but niether of the christians in my family or the ones i know believe the earth is 7K years old.

B/c there are some "out there" Christians that believe this.

Really not that many...but lefties and atheists LOVE to cling to them.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top