Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2013 6:57:34 AM EDT
I know it's Texas and all, but I'm not sure I completely trust a "gun rights" group based in Austin.  Leaving the links cold for now.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/A_new_gun-rights_group_The_anti-NRA.html

http://amriflepistol.com/
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Among the group's core principals, it says, is that "any and all restrictions (even if sensible)" are automatically opposed by groups such as the NRA. Rather, the group believes that, "optimal firearms management solutions can exist where genuine gun rights are protected while public safety is assured."

R + P says it is bipartisan.

Fuck 'em. NRA works for me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quislings

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to quote a sentence from the article to make a point, but the more I read, I'd have to quote the whole thing.

It's pretty clear from their position/arguments that they're not true 2nd Amendment supporters, but more along the lines of the Fudd mentality (not specifically calling them Fudds, but that type of thinking), if not an all-out front for an anti-gun group, just like that American Hunters and Shooters Association turned out to be.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Documented Competency : It is reasonable for ownership and use of any specific firearm to be predicated upon documented competency, as determined and established by the laws of each State.

"We don't mind excessive or onerous training requirements."

However, in the context of law abiding citizens, we believe that as broad a scope of background checks as can be made ...

"We support UBC."

Any ammunition limitation should be based upon established best-practice evidenced by what is in common use for law enforcement.

"We agree with magazine size limits but have to find a way to say it without saying it."

False flag organization.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Judas goat.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh

I prefer R-P.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quislings

Fuck them.

Yep, Quislings, or false flag.

Fuck 'em hard.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Lots of little organizations will be springing up to funnel loot away from the NRA, some with good intentions and some not.  The result is basically the same whatever their true goals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#9]
It did not exist before February.

It is a front group.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
genuine gun rights

That says everything.

Just another damn group of people tell me what I need or don't need.

Fuck 'em.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Documented Competency : It is reasonable for ownership and use of any specific firearm to be predicated upon documented competency, as determined and established by the laws of each State.

"We don't mind excessive or onerous training requirements."

However, in the context of law abiding citizens, we believe that as broad a scope of background checks as can be made ...

"We support UBC."

Any ammunition limitation should be based upon established best-practice evidenced by what is in common use for law enforcement.

"We agree with magazine size limits but have to find a way to say it without saying it."

False flag organization.

That and "judas goat" below says all we need to know.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Well well, small world.  I know the guy.  Had dealings with him in the past.  Don't take your hand off your wallet if he's around.

Waylan Johnson is a scam artist that runs a couple of fly by night energy companies.   Resaca, Angel Bay Dock Assn, Aztec oil and gas and Texas Energy group.  

All the officers in this new organization are partners in the various companies listed. I believe they have ties thru some  homeowner organization  too.

It surprises the hell out of me that any of them have ever held a gun.  BIG time Democrat contributors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump for the night crew
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Blasting them on twitter right now. Just lookup
@RiflePistol
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quislings

Fuck them.

Yep, Quislings, or false flag.

Fuck 'em hard.

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top