Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/18/2013 5:37:34 PM EDT
zip factory

I love strange gun designs

The dardick
The gyrojet guns of the 60's
The Whitney

Anything strange... So I have wanted a zip since I saw it...

I know all about the problems...but I have faith in my gunsmithing abilities to make it run...

I will update this after I get it and post what I have to do to get it working.

Found a new in box one for $185
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
zip factory

The dardick
The Whitney

I know all about the problems...but I have faith in my gunsmithing abilities to make it run...

Have fun ripping your hair out in frustration.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You know what I kind of wish they'd bring back?

Calico.

If someone made a good clone of their high capacity .22 for $350 or less, I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Calico.

If someone made a good clone of their high capacity .22 for $350 or less, I'd buy it.

Yes and make it so that the mag attaches on the bottom
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
zip factory

The dardick
The Whitney

I have gotten many unreliable guns to work nicely
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Calico.

Wouldn't that be legal now that the ban is gone?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
On the page you linked to, the video on their homepage showed 2 different people with their Zip rail-mounted to an AR.  I'm sure they had tax stamps for those...  

I'd rather go for a TEC-22 if I wanted a pistol that only served as a tool for emptying 10/22 mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you shot yourself trying to load it yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the videos on the website.

"Look! Someone in a uniform has shot one of our guns!"
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
What's up with the music? Is the ZIP going to defeat evil and end death itself?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm still pissed they stopped making SAA's.  I really noted one of those.  They were supposed to be real nice.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you shot yourself trying to load it yet?

Yeah because I am so fat fingered that I can not rack it without flagging my finger or hand in front of the barrel...

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#12]

I thought the same thing... mine is still a POS after trying all the tricks I know......

IF, you get your's running please do post what you did... I tried the update kit for my early model the had "tight specs"... fluff and buff on all the metal(what there is) different spring combos and polishing the chamber. It still will have EVERY jam in the book when firing a 10rd mag it would be nice if it just stove piped or failed to chamber fully or simple miss feed... OH no it does it ALL.

what I think it NEEDS... more rear bolt room, more bolt mass, an EXTRACTOR for fuck sakes would have been nice addition as well...

GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm still pissed they stopped making SAA's.  I really noted one of those.  They were supposed to be real nice.  

Yeah me too...
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
zip factory

The dardick
The Whitney

I have gotten many unreliable guns to work nicely

If you can do it, more power to ya then!
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing... mine is still a POS after trying all the tricks I know......

IF, you get your's running please do post what you did... I tried the update kit for my early model the had "tight specs"... fluff and buff on all the metal(what there is) different spring combos and polishing the chamber. It still will have EVERY jam in the book when firing a 10rd mag it would be nice if it just stove piped or failed to chamber fully or simple miss feed... OH no it does it ALL.

what I think it NEEDS... more rear bolt room, more bolt mass, an EXTRACTOR for fuck sakes would have been nice addition as well...

GOOD LUCK!

I will see...but I have made single shot full auto reverse engineered guns full auto
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On the page you linked to, the video on their homepage showed 2 different people with their Zip rail-mounted to an AR.  I'm sure they had tax stamps for those...  

I'd rather go for a TEC-22 if I wanted a pistol that only served as a tool for emptying 10/22 mags.

I bet they were airsoft rifles!
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#17]
For that price, I might have tried it as well, but I am a glutton for punishment
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I kinda wanted one till I saw a shitty review
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Check out the Battle Zip SBR!
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the SBR concept, if it ever sees light of day.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Calico.

In case you haven't noticed, they ARE making Calicos again. SOG stocks them as do a number of other distributors.

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it just me., or all the pictures on their website renders and not actual photos?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Calico.

In case you haven't noticed, they ARE making Calicos again. SOG stocks them as do a number of other distributors.

The price is damn ridiculous IMHO

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calico.

Yeah.   Good to see they're back in business again, tho.

It'll be interesting to see how those M11 uppers do.

I don't see the top drum thingies for sale individually on their site anywhere... weird.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calico.

I don't see the top drum thingies for sale individually on their site anywhere... weird.

a 50 shot .22lr that works with two extra mags would be fun...but I really wish they would have designed a bottom mag rather than one that sits on top...
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't mount optics without one hell of a high rise on that thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can't mount optics without one hell of a high rise on that thing.

not going to...

might get the rail and put some old glock sights I have laying around on it..
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calico.

I remember when they first came out they were $150 at the Fred Meyer in Boise, ID.  I almost bought one, but then opted for a 10/22 because i thought it was more reliable.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calico.

They are there.  http://www.calicolightweaponsystems.com/store/m207-22lr-round-magazine-black-p-319.html
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I think they would be cool, not just because of the cheap price point, but they just look fun and toyish.

Second thought, i have a 8 month old, toyish guns are probably a bad idea for a few years

If you do get it reliable though.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think they would be cool, not just because of the cheap price point, but they just look fun and toyish.

Second thought, i have a 8 month old, toyish guns are probably a bad idea for a few years

for the price I got it at...It will all be ok if I break it..
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calico.

a 50 shot .22lr that works with two extra mags would be fun...but I really wish they would have designed a bottom mag rather than one that sits on top...

My M-11/22 kit from Lage Manufacturing uses 40rd Black Dog Machine Mags that can be loaded easily with a butler creek crank loader with an adapter that Lage sells for just this purpose. I've got 10 of those 40rd mags for my .22lr machine gun. Its pretty awesome. I ran a 3-gun course of fire with it last month just for shits and giggles. I hosed everything with full auto .22lr, I even hit the 66% IDPA set at just over 100 yards. Oh, yeah, it was suppressed too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

for the price I got it at...It will all be ok if I break it..

Don't tell me things like that, i don't need another gun
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My M-11/22 kit from Lage Manufacturing uses 40rd Black Dog Machine Mags that can be loaded easily with a butler creek crank loader with an adapter that Lage sells for just this purpose. I've got 10 of those 40rd mags for my .22lr machine gun. Its pretty awesome. I ran a 3-gun course of fire with it last month just for shits and giggles. I hosed everything with full auto .22lr, I even hit the 66% IDPA set at just over 100 yards. Oh, yeah, it was suppressed too. [/div]

Are you talking about the 10/22 hot lips loader?
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My M-11/22 kit from Lage Manufacturing uses 40rd Black Dog Machine Mags that can be loaded easily with a butler creek crank loader with an adapter that Lage sells for just this purpose. I've got 10 of those 40rd mags for my .22lr machine gun. Its pretty awesome. I ran a 3-gun course of fire with it last month just for shits and giggles. I hosed everything with full auto .22lr, I even hit the 66% IDPA set at just over 100 yards. Oh, yeah, it was suppressed too. [/div]

Are you talking about the 10/22 hot lips loader?

butler creek makes those hot lips loaders so I would say yes...
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Have you shot it yet ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Have you shot it yet ?

No still waiting on mags as my other ones are still in storage in tn...

But they should be here in a week or so... Cabelas had some in stock...only place I could find river factory 10 red in stock

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There is one for sale locally, and I have seriously considered buying it just to have fun with.

Beware a lot of people have had trouble with them...
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought one today I don't know what I was thinking ? I've wasted more money on worse things
I will give a range report too it you don't mind ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I bought one today I don't know what I was thinking ? I've wasted more money on worse things

Please do... And be ready for questions... Any mods I make for mine I will share...

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#42]
So you bought a Zip .22

I enjoy a challenge too...
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do... And be ready for questions... Any mods I make for mine I will share...

Will do .

Quoted:
So you bought a Zip .22

I enjoy a challenge too...

I dont know why I do these things....
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Well first time out with it thought i would just fire some rounds. The mags fit like shit , feed like shit and stoves pipe like hell. This will take some time...
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#45]
and my wife let it slip today that for my birthday she got me the suppressor adapter kit... and I guess fuck auto focus....

now I just want the glow in the dark top strap...

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#46]
mags came today...might get to play with it this weekend..
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#47]
I bought one as a minor investment in the strange and unusual. I figure they are such a POS they won't be around long and might be worth something years from now.

I have about $170.00 in mine (counting a new 10 round Ruger mag) so I just stuck the mag in the box with it and locked it up. I'll never fire it. Looks unsafe.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I bought one as a minor investment in the strange and unusual. I figure they are such a POS they won't be around long and might be worth something years from now.

I have about $170.00 in mine (counting a new 10 round Ruger mag) so I just stuck the mag in the box with it and locked it up. I'll never fire it. Looks unsafe.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2qwn6eu.jpg

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#49]
interesting videos on youtube. when its not jamming its going full auto
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Bad ass staple gun
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top