Link Posted: 6/16/2013 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
At least Bulger wasn't a fucking carteller.

Why does the FBI even waste time with the old world mobsters these days? With so many bigger fish to fry?

Bulger was a monster dude.

The only reason that this has gone on this long is because the FBI got wrapped up in his crimes too.

Hoover didn't want the FBI to go after the mob because he knew the mob would corrupt it, and h was right.  The AG Kennedy forced him to, and almost immediately the mob corrupted the FBI.  

wut?

the FBI was created to go after organized crime.

Bulger was an informant since his bankrobbing days (which he did time for on Alcatraz).  The FBI became corrupt at the Boston Field Office because the FBI let Whitey's schoolroom classmate John Connolly run the Boston office.  Connolly approached Whitey about turning over info on the Patriarca (Italians) family, who was the national objective.  Whitey made Connolly feel like a rock star, and that was that.

The whole system was corrupt.  Bulger's brother was the President Pro Tem of the Mass State legislature.  Local cops were scared of both of them, and the state cops were vulnerable to Billy Bulger's political pressure.

I saw a program last weekend about Bulger; his top hitman lived a couple houses away from Bulger's brother.

And another brother was a court officer who lost his pension for lying about being in contact with Whitey.

Well, Billy did too.

His testimony to congress is hillarious because he so obviously playing stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Whitey dint do nuffin' legal.

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
SIXY.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How did they get their hands on so many machine guns?  Is there that many unazzounted for, or never made it to the registry?

I've heard speculation from LEO and non-LEO educated sources that there are possibly 2 times more machine guns not in the registry than in it. Considering the numbers of guns made and involved in everything from WW1 to Vietnam it wouldn't suprise me in the least.

Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
How did they get their hands on so many machine guns?  Is there that many unazzounted for, or never made it to the registry?

I've heard speculation from LEO and non-LEO educated sources that there are possibly 2 times more machine guns not in the registry than in it. Considering the numbers of guns made and involved in everything from WW1 to Vietnam it wouldn't suprise me in the least.

If it wasn't for the 86 Ban on new MGs and a closed registry MGs would be going for not much more than an HK416.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd bet it's higher than that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least Bulger wasn't a fucking carteller.

Why does the FBI even waste time with the old world mobsters these days? With so many bigger fish to fry?

Bulger was a monster dude.

The only reason that this has gone on this long is because the FBI got wrapped up in his crimes too.

Hoover didn't want the FBI to go after the mob because he knew the mob would corrupt it, and h was right.  The AG Kennedy forced him to, and almost immediately the mob corrupted the FBI.  

wut?

the FBI was created to go after organized crime.

Bulger was an informant since his bankrobbing days (which he did time for on Alcatraz).  The FBI became corrupt at the Boston Field Office because the FBI let Whitey's schoolroom classmate John Connolly run the Boston office.  Connolly approached Whitey about turning over info on the Patriarca (Italians) family, who was the national objective.  Whitey made Connolly feel like a rock star, and that was that.

The whole system was corrupt.  Bulger's brother was the President Pro Tem of the Mass State legislature.  Local cops were scared of both of them, and the state cops were vulnerable to Billy Bulger's political pressure.

I saw a program last weekend about Bulger; his top hitman lived a couple houses away from Bulger's brother.

And another brother was a court officer who lost his pension for lying about being in contact with Whitey.

Howie Carr, who is IMO the best guy in talk radio in Boston anyway, wrote a book about the Bulger brothers.   If you are interested in true crime stuff or NE crime its a pretty good read.

Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sure those silencers are legally registered and properly taxed by Federal Authorities.

Um,how else would he get them?

They are illegal otherwise.The gov says so.

File for your stamp.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top