Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the reply.

When I was learning to fly weather was the hardest part.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#2]
When David Gilmour wrote this song he was learning to fly.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Good morning Sa/oU how are we doing today? I was up till one a little fuzzy still.

Any one want a white rat terrier called a Jack Russel. Sweetest little PITA you ever saw. I wish I had her energy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mauser1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObaCDQj8LC8
View Quote

I don't think anyone in pink Floyd learned to fly with anything except lsd
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Good morning Sa/oU how are we doing today? I was up till one a little fuzzy still.

Any one want a white rat terrier called a Jack Russel. Sweetest little PITA you ever saw. I wish I had her energy.
View Quote

Good it has been super hot,  we had a lot of debris to clean up this morning from yesterday,  and the monsoon clouds are starting to build.   We may have another active night.   I don't care I think the rain is good even with the 90mph winds that came with it....  Lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObaCDQj8LC8

The Wall,  trippy movie.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]
roger waters that!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of the family is leaving in the morning for church camp/conference.  I may or mayy not have access to the net.
Don't worry if you don't see me before Saturday or so.

I found my first two kids' spouses here; maybe I can get the 19 yo dude hooked up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good, have a fun and fofilling time. A week away could do some good. Can't hurt.
Have fun with it and be safe. You don't look much like a pimp. But we'll have to get you suited up.Fur coat and hat some rings and chains.

OK I am kidding your just a match maker. See you whenever.
Take it easy brother.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Most of the family is leaving in the morning for church camp/conference.  I may or mayy not have access to the net.

I found my first two kids' spouses here; maybe I can get the 19 yo dude hooked up.
View Quote

That sounds fun,  have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View Quote

Have fun. Hope the weather is good for ya
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Good evening kids. Ohio has his show on the road. What do the rest of you got going?
Hopefully they didn't kill Dbrad this week at the job. Lots of clouds this morning wind is out of the west so they all dried up.
Nice evening though low 90's I bet. This is the dry heat people talk of. 90's with low humidity a little sweat and you feel fine.
Let's all head out on the porch here and watch the sun set. I'll pick up some Woodford for those back east.
A nice bottle of tequila and some mix if I have to. Just so we don't have to listen to Mexican music. Let's start with this.
I might try a drop of two of this here whiskey you people are all enamored with.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Watching penguins of Madagascar with the family.   It's cute.   They did good with this series it sure has been going a while.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Watching penguins of Madagascar with the family.   It's cute.   They did good with this series it sure has been going a while.
View Quote

Hey I like those kids shows that have a little parental entertainment with them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I work every other weekend, and this is my week to work Saturday through Friday.

But I think Im going to take Wednesday off and have a date day with my wife
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Giant saguaros are awesome as hell.

They're like 200 years old.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

This is an awesome idea!  
View All Quotes
I work every other weekend, and this is my week to work Saturday through Friday.

This is an awesome idea!  

We were going to have a date last week but instead it took all day to run our errands that we thought would only take a couple hours.

But we got a lot of adulting done.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Was off talking to OT, He's watching cartoons now. Give them books send them to school and what do they do with a DR degree.

Watch cartoons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#22]

It amazes me that the giant Saguaro doesn't blow over in that kind of wind.  

Does it bend?

Have you ever seen one blow over?

View All Quotes

Good it has been super hot,  we had a lot of debris to clean up this morning from yesterday,  and the monsoon clouds are starting to build.   We may have another active night.   I don't care I think the rain is good even with the 90mph winds that came with it....  Lol

Does it bend?

I have seen one fall and have heard a few,  they are extremely heavy and make the ground shake when they hit.   After they fall and the outside dries up the wooden skeleton is exposed and is very valuable,  people pay top dollar for a saguaro skeleton. I seen saguaro skeletons with arms go for close to $1000.  They are illegal to cut down and you are not even allowed to move one on your property from one side of the yard to the other without special permission.  I planted one when we first moved in and it's maybe 8-10inches taller after 4 years.

Edit for pic of skeloton
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Good to see the good times guy. You bring a youth and punk attitude I like. Don't let that job get to ya.
You have odd days off right? Or do you get sat and sun off all the time?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:
stopping by to say what's up before work guys... hope all is well... ohio, thoughts and prayers my friend.... good to see you too, mauser...

Good to see the good times guy. You bring a youth and punk attitude I like. Don't let that job get to ya.

i get two days in a row, off tuesday wednesday right now
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Was off talking to OT, He's watching cartoons now. Give them books send them to school and what do they do with a DR degree.

Watch cartoons.
View Quote

LOL its for the children
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Good evening kids. Ohio has his show on the road. What do the rest of you got going?
Hopefully they didn't kill Dbrad this week at the job. Lots of clouds this morning wind is out of the west so they all dried up.
Nice evening though low 90's I bet. This is the dry heat people talk of. 90's with low humidity a little sweat and you feel fine.
Let's all head out on the porch here and watch the sun set. I'll pick up some Woodford for those back east.
A nice bottle of tequila and some mix if I have to. Just so we don't have to listen to Mexican music. Let's start with this.
I might try a drop of two of this here whiskey you people are all enamored with.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/woodford-reserve_zpsthktsrkf.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU1VfYYKMDk
View Quote

i'm bumming with the kid right now... watching the tube and baking brownies.. i think 'ala mode' will be added to those...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]

LOL its for the children
View All Quotes

Watch cartoons.

LOL its for the children

what toons are your kids into??

mine watches the weirdest ones... adventure time, regular show, clarence... he's watching gravity falls right now
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]

We were going to have a date last week but instead it took all day to run our errands that we thought would only take a couple hours.

View All Quotes

This is an awesome idea!  

When you don't have children every night is a date night.   Just wait.   Lol you have no idea.   Or maybe you do..  Haha

I just know there was a BC before children and an AC after children.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#28]

i'm bumming with the kid right now... watching the tube and baking brownies.. i think 'ala mode' will be added to those...
View All Quotes
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/woodford-reserve_zpsthktsrkf.png

Good daddy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
stopping by to say what's up before work guys... hope all is well... ohio, thoughts and prayers my friend.... good to see you too, mauser...

Well at least you can get stuff done. I used to love some places M thru Fri ones. They would say you need to stop by.
I would ask them how, Your closed when I go to work and closed when I get off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#30]

mine watches the weirdest ones... adventure time, regular show, clarence... he's watching gravity falls right now
View All Quotes

Watch cartoons.

LOL its for the children

Adventure  time and regular show are her favorites,  yes they are both super weird.   She does like Jessie a lot.   We were watching the penguins of Madagascar movie earlier tonight.   Now she is making a fort in living room.

Right now her huge thing is minecraft.   It's a little nuts. I'm kind of glad school starts at the end of this week.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Good daddy.
View All Quotes

Good daddy.

That does sound good are you adopting.....I bring guns with me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Good daddy.

lol.. i thought you were adopting me???

either way works!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Adventure  time and regular show are her favorites,  yes they are both super weird.   She does like Jessie a lot.   We were watching the penguins of Madagascar movie earlier tonight.   Now she is making a fort in living room.

Right now her huge thing is minecraft.   It's a little nuts. I'm kind of glad school starts at the end of this week.

View All Quotes

Watch cartoons.

LOL its for the children

hha! my boy just got a killer minecraft star wars shirt...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#34]

either way works!!
View All Quotes

Good daddy.

either way works!!

I would but the rest would get jealous. You would be first and Dash, SeeJay and Optionzero would be fighting for second.
I think while you were at work Dash wanted to bribe me.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Start at 2:20 nice renditions.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Watch cartoons.

LOL its for the children

Hum we might have gotten same on or maybe it was Lego starters.   We just did a ton of back to school shopping for her this week.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Listen to me.

Adulting will suck the life out of your romance.

Fun will feed your romance.

Screw the adulting.

You can use dish soap to wash clothes.   You can take a bath with liquid laundry soap.  

You can brush your teeth with baking soda.

(always have baking soda, no matter what.  Just sayin).

and you can make fun out of all of that.

But if you let all of that get in the way, you can forget how to make fun.

don't forget that.

If I could give any advice to any couple that I love, it would be, this...

Have fun, no matter what you have to do to have fun.  Just make having fun the most important thing in your life.  Because then all the rest of life will be less burdensome.  You don't have to blow off earning a living, and you don't have to be irresponsible.  But have fun no matter what.  You get only one life together as the people you are now.  Having fun will be the thing you dont' regret when you are old.

Go on your date with your pretty wife.
View All Quotes

This is an awesome idea!  

Listen to me.

Adulting will suck the life out of your romance.

Fun will feed your romance.

Screw the adulting.

You can use dish soap to wash clothes.   You can take a bath with liquid laundry soap.  

You can brush your teeth with baking soda.

(always have baking soda, no matter what.  Just sayin).

and you can make fun out of all of that.

But if you let all of that get in the way, you can forget how to make fun.

don't forget that.

If I could give any advice to any couple that I love, it would be, this...

Have fun, no matter what you have to do to have fun.  Just make having fun the most important thing in your life.  Because then all the rest of life will be less burdensome.  You don't have to blow off earning a living, and you don't have to be irresponsible.  But have fun no matter what.  You get only one life together as the people you are now.  Having fun will be the thing you dont' regret when you are old.

Go on your date with your pretty wife.

This is truth right here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#41]

She was still married to (being abused by)  Ike at that point right?

Time kind of collapses for me about these things.

Honestly her Thunderdome persona is how I think of her. It's one of the first times I ever SAW her (as opposed to just hearing her on radio/recording).

And now, later, since I know some of her story, I think that kickass bitch she was in Thunderdome is a fair representation of her.

She survives.

View All Quotes
Start at 2:20 nice renditions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqIpkMDRjYw

She was still married to (being abused by)  Ike at that point right?

Time kind of collapses for me about these things.

Honestly her Thunderdome persona is how I think of her. It's one of the first times I ever SAW her (as opposed to just hearing her on radio/recording).

And now, later, since I know some of her story, I think that kickass bitch she was in Thunderdome is a fair representation of her.

She survives.

I though that was taped just after she dumped the abuser, but your right about the ultimate survivor and just refusing to let her career die.
One strong woman Bitch there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:56:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#42]

OMG. So if they die, that's what's left?

What do people do with the skeletons?

It's like a piece of art, so I guess that's my answer but wow.

View Quote

People put them in there yards and plant desert flowers around them.  Also people make stuff with them.   Lots of picture frames with cut ribs also tables and even patio trim work.   Lots of cool stuff and your right,  it's nature's art.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:56:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#43]

View All Quotes

Does it bend?

I have seen one fall and have heard a few,  they are extremely heavy and make the ground shake when they hit.   After they fall and the outside dries up the wooden skeleton is exposed and is very valuable,  people pay top dollar for a saguaro skeleton. I seen saguaro skeletons with arms go for close to $1000.  They are illegal to cut down and you are not even allowed to move one on your property from one side of the yard to the other without special permission.  I planted one when we first moved in and it's maybe 8-10inches taller after 4 years.

Edit for pic of skeloton
http://www.johneasley.com/gallery2/main.php/d/3859-2/Saguaro_Cactus_Skeleton_and_Live_Saguaro_Phoenix_Botanical_Garden.jpg

Yes a good skeleton is worth a couple thousand. It's like your skeleton the wind might blow but you don't fall over. But they are full of water.
And if my father were alive he would tell you a Plymouth Fury will take one off right at the ground but when it comes down will total the police car.
It caved in the roof so bad he had to call in fire to cut him out of it. He sat in it 30 min before they showed up.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Back in the 80's I remember some dumb asses were shooting shotgun rounds into an old saguaro and a limb fell off and killed one of the idiots.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Back in the 80's I remember some dumb asses were shooting shotgun rounds into an old saguaro and a limb fell off and killed one of the idiots.
View Quote

Yep they were shooting at the base trying to fell it and they did.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I showed my wife and daughter how to cut open both barrel cactus for water and food and prickly pear cactus for food.   I forgot that you can get a little drunk off of it.   We had a fun afternoon.   Haha
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Good morning folks.   Mondays do suck but my kid starts school later this week so that's great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#48]
3rd grade for my boy! this thursday
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#49]
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

For which model? M&Ps?

M&P 45

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/HomeD/20150607_233256.jpg

Quantico Tactical, 3 mags for $87.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top