Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I Was at a bbq at a buddies house, playing pool volleyball. A few cheerleaders from NAU that we know came over, and this game developed where we got in the shallow end, and me and my best friend were launching them in the air towards the deep end and they were doing all these crazy flips and gainers and twists in the air. It was really cool.

We were each squatting down, grabbing a foot each, then launching up and tossing the girls. Pretty damn easy on a 120 girl. But then the guys wanTed to be tossed to. And who am I to deny someone fun? So we start throwing 225 lb guys too.

About 50 throws in, I got a little tired, my friend launched off too hard but my fingers stayed locked together. Messed up my hand and bicep It's ok, it only hurts if I move it, and I'm done moving for today.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
2 full racks are almost done, using 2 different bbq sauces. One sause with a bite the other honey bbq with no burn.  We got corn on the cob and tater salad too.  This was my part.  Meat ohhh yea.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Mobile%20Uploads/20150704_183845.jpg
View Quote

I broke out the Anova Sous Vide machine last night; seasoned a bunch of "Western Ribs" and put them at 125 for 11 hours.
Put a little sauce on and flashed them over coals; excellent.  I will do this again, often.

The sinew broke down to jello, tender and moist. Perfection on a plate.  Call me a heretic, but I don't really like smoke flavor. I love slow cooked meat, but hickory and mesquite overpower the flavor of the beast.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
I Was at a bbq at a buddies house, playing pool volleyball. A few cheerleaders from NAU that we know came over, and this game developed where we got in the shallow end, and me and my best friend were launching them in the air towards the deep end and they were doing all these crazy flips and gainers and twists in the air. It was really cool.

We were each squatting down, grabbing a foot each, then launching up and tossing the girls. Pretty damn easy on a 120 girl. But then the guys wanTed to be tossed to. And who am I to deny someone fun? So we start throwing 225 lb guys too.

About 50 throws in, I got a little tired, my friend launched off too hard but my fingers stayed locked together. Messed up my hand and bicep It's ok, it only hurts if I move it, and I'm done moving for today.

View Quote

Sounds like loads of fun.  Hope you hand/arm are ok.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I would have liked to have been at the seafood cookout They will be ok, it's just sore and swollen, but nothing feels really messed up. Hope your having as much fun as the pictures make it look.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]

I would have liked to have been at the seafood cookout They will be ok, it's just sore and swollen, but nothing feels really messed up. Hope your having as much fun as the pictures make it look.
View All Quotes

No kidding...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

I broke out the Anova Sous Vide machine last night; seasoned a bunch of "Western Ribs" and put them at 125 for 11 hours.
Put a little sauce on and flashed them over coals; excellent.  I will do this again, often.

The sinew broke down to jello, tender and moist. Perfection on a plate.  Call me a heretic, but I don't really like smoke flavor. I love slow cooked meat, but hickory and mesquite overpower the flavor of the beast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:
2 full racks are almost done, using 2 different bbq sauces. One sause with a bite the other honey bbq with no burn.  We got corn on the cob and tater salad too.  This was my part.  Meat ohhh yea.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Mobile%20Uploads/20150704_183845.jpg

Yea that sounds good.  But i love mesquite also hickory, but mesquite is great.  I can tear it right off the tree behind my house and I have logs too.  I want to get a smoker, nothing better than slow cooked smoked food.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Yea that sounds good.  But i love mesquite also hickory, but mesquite is great.  I can tear it right off the tree behind my house and I have logs too.  I want to get a smoker, nothing better than slow cooked smoked food.
View Quote

The great part about the sous vide technique is you get the gelatinization of the smoker, but the meat does not dry out at all.
You can always add smoke later if you want.

This is only the third time I used it, because of the family issues last month*, but I will use it more.

*It came in the day my grandson died; spoiled my joy in it for a while.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

That sounds fun, except the 225 pound guy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Ah he was ok, he's a friend, if giving him a boost so he can do a couple of back flips makes him happy, fuck it. It was fun to watch. The girls were seriously talented and watching my friends try to flail through a back flip and belly flop was seriously funny.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
How are we doing Sa/oU Fire works going off around here and the ones that are evenly spaced with no sound effects other than bam.

Still kind of wish I still had a scanner. these kind of nights were awsum. fun to listen too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
How are we doing Sa/oU Fire works going off around here and the ones that are evenly spaced with no sound effects other than bam.

Still kind of wish I still had a scanner. these kind of nights were awsum. fun to listen too.
View Quote

Sounds like Baghdad circa 2005 over here tonight. Went and sat on top of the roof and watched for about 45 mins.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:32:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#15]

Sounds like Baghdad circa 2005 over here tonight. Went and sat on top of the roof and watched for about 45 mins.
View All Quotes

We just finished burning our 30 mins of fun.  The new pup got a little freaked out at first, but he got into her mommas lap and was ok after that.  Little ontime was loving it.  Wife was apprehensive and I of course had to tape stuff togeather to get more bang for my buck.  Even the neigbors came out to see it.  It was successful.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufdlOj1SbVo

View Quote

I saw that comming.  Lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#17]

We just finished burning our 30 mins of fun.  The new pup got a little freaked out at first, but he got into her mommas lap and was ok after that.  Little ontime was loving it.  Wife was apprehensive and I of course had to tape stuff togeather to get more bang for my buck.  Even the neigbors came out to see it.  It was successful.
View All Quotes

WTF did I miss? New pup? Pics or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:44:32 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Too bad he didn't shoot himself
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#19]

View All Quotes

Your thinking what I was. Just set off the last of my fireworks in front of the dogs
they are pretty much bomb proof now. No barking in the house and fireworks going off like mad.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Naw its the same old new pup as before.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice food everyone, I'm jealous of the crabs, but I had ribs and chicken....

Saw some good fireworks with the fam, but not before my wife dropped her phone in the toilet...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

Saw some good fireworks with the fam, but not before my wife dropped her phone in the toilet...
View Quote

Wait WTF really! That is crazy. Let me guess, she wont touch it now. Dude that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Wait WTF really! That is crazy. Let me guess, she wont touch it now. Dude that sucks.
View All Quotes

It seems to happen a lot with hospital employees who wear scrubs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:20:43 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

My daughter made everyone look like beast's never again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#25]

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  I had no idea they made steamers like that!  Now I'm craving a low country boil.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrad197] [#26]
Anyone check out the "confessions of a US submarine officer" article/thread? Pretty damn interesting.

I beleive it's a job I would be incapable of doing.

direct link to article

2nd edit: ok, the thread is rapidly delving into typical arfcom BS, but the article is still cool.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Your thinking what I was. Just set off the last of my fireworks in front of the dogs
they are pretty much bomb proof now. No barking in the house and fireworks going off like mad.
View All Quotes

Mom's two bulldog pups did pretty well.  Not as scared as I thought they would be, even the older of the two (4.5 months.)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone check out the "confessions of a US submarine officer" article/thread? Pretty damn interesting.

direct link to article

2nd edit: ok, the thread is rapidly delving into typical arfcom BS, but the article is still cool.
View Quote

Don't think I could be a bubblehead.  Takes a certain type to do that job.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#29]

direct link to article

View Quote

Wtf....lol

"Trying to sleep when you know the guy in the rack below you is whacking off to weird porn with a plug in his ass"

Well thats a mental picture I just dont need.

The photos were very cool.

God bless the USS Tucson (SSN 770)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  I had no idea they made steamers like that!  Now I'm craving a low country boil.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Only Eagle could make having crabs look so good.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Good day gentlemen and lady, hope you all had a fine night. Just getting around on this slow morning.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Good day gentlemen and lady, hope you all had a fine night. Just getting around on this slow morning.
View Quote

Good day to you too.  Did your medication reloads go ok yesterday?

Not a whole lot going on here, went to lowes to get more pavers and they were out of my color.  So i came home and have just been watching tv and you tube.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Not a whole lot going on here, went to lowes to get more pavers and they were out of my color.  So i came home and have just been watching tv and you tube.
View All Quotes

They did I misplaced my pill cutter so had to break one by hand. After I found it I cut the rest. The sleep med Alprazolam I need to call about.
To see if the DR office came through.I have been holding out on you though. Fell hard on Friday on the knees. Ribs are upset but the knees hurt much more.
life is hard sometimes. My new kitties diet is doing well with OT wife's wisdom. After waking up on the carpet and laying there a while I found out one thing.I need to vacuum more around here. Just another hiccup of life. They do suck though. I wanted to see a rambunctious fourth though.
Saw another thread where they had a shrimp and crab boil, I wanted to show the Eagle pictures and call him a puss though.

Oh the other kick in the nuts went to the food store to get some food and was denied on my card. WTF there should be more than $300 in there.
Looked at it and knew why that happened. It ran out 6/15 and they missed sending me a new one. Three day weekend and can;t get to any money.
So with a little over two bucks should I get a Mcdouble or head to the store for three peaches at .99 a pound and three nectarines at the same cost.
Six peices of fruit for $2 and change.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Off to get the fruit. I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#35]
dam dag!  

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrad197] [#36]
Ok M1, managed to do a bit of shooting today. Managed a 1.75" group at 10 yards with the aluminum upper. My hand and arm feel like shit, I was lucky to pull that big group off, string side was painful and shakey. It was also a dumb move to not use a better target, black sights on black target wasn't easy, even at 10 yards. They didn't have the kind with a yellow dot in the middle. I used really old Remington high velocity, which shot just fine.

The Hawaiian was shooting similar groups , with the buck mark and the trail side.  All said they both shoot extremely well, I didnt do too much trigger time, it just hurt and was frustrating  nOT being able to hold steady. The GF had a freaking blast with them though, she can really hold her own with a pistol now, and it's really cool to see.

Eta: sorry about that ruler shot, couldn't be bother to go get my tape
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

My account was compromised on Friday, someone tried to make a copy and swipe it in Mesa, but got busted. Fucking asshole thieves. You good to make through to tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Lee's Ferry?
View All Quotes

yep,  in pic is old guy from granite mnt, mnt taylor.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:

yep,  in pic is old guy from granite mnt, mnt taylor.
View All Quotes

Nice, was that recent? How was the fishing?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#42]
it was within two weeks of today (minus 13 days)...opsec.  

we limited out on fish.  eating steak tonight though!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
it was within two weeks of today (minus 13 days)...opsec.  

we limited out on fish.  eating steak tonight though!

View Quote

Nice opsec

Very cool place to go, bet you had a blast!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok M1, managed to do a bit of shooting today. Managed a 1.75" group at 10 yards with the aluminum upper. My hand and arm feel like shit, I was lucky to pull that big group off, string side was painful and shakey. It was also a dumb move to not use a better target, black sights on black target wasn't easy, even at 10 yards. They didn't have the kind with a yellow dot in the middle. I used really old Remington high velocity, which shot just fine.

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150705_182824_zpseshjexl4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/20150705_182824_zpseshjexl4.jpg</a>

The Hawaiian was shooting similar groups , with the buck mark and the trail side.  All said they both shoot extremely well, I didnt do too much trigger time, it just hurt and was frustrating  nOT being able to hold steady. The GF had a freaking blast with them though, she can really hold her own with a pistol now, and it's really cool to see.

Eta: sorry about that ruler shot, couldn't be bother to go get my tape
View Quote

That is a gas and put a huge smile on my face. I knew she would benefit from the cross training so to speak. Just give her a few hours at the range and those groups will shrink a lot for both her and you. Your group is fine bad guys don't say to themselves we can't go there, he feels shaky.
If you get my point. On one of your better days I can see that shrinking a lot. The group that is.You post makes me very happy.
Got three free hours of range time and you know they don't look at their watches too much. Nice job sir. Tell the Hawaiian glad you had a great time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]

My account was compromised on Friday, someone tried to make a copy and swipe it in Mesa, but got busted. Fucking asshole thieves. You good to make through to tomorrow?
View All Quotes

I am, Thank you friend.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#46]

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Great song miss Kitties, All of us want you around more. But you have a life. I personally loved our music challenges.

It let me remember tunes I had long forgotten. I know you add a lot to peoples lives even around here.

Please take it easy and stick your head in from time to time. No one wants to think we ran you off.

Keep track of your health, don't let them run you to death.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:
My offering for the night.

No idea why I'm in this sort of mood...

Trying to use my one month without a big project to get some of my own work done.  

Sorry I'm not around more.  Miss all of y'all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF66dn7woNM
View Quote

Nice to see ya just drop in when you can, hope all is well
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Just got back to Trinidad after my long weekend up in Estes Park.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Independence Day
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top